Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Neutral Ground

It had surprised Vaylin just how easy it was to go back to a ‘normal life’. A part of her wondered if it was just because she had thrown herself into it immediately, or had it been a matter of running from her past?

The latter had been quickly dismissed, as the Zabrak felt little guilt towards her time as a Sith. It was the path she had naturally found herself down, where she found her strength and purpose in life. She had thrived and gotten stronger through it.

But she had fallen far into the abyss, and drank too deeply from that dark ichor. It had almost claimed her mind, and almost taken her life trying to free herself from it.

Now she was just moving about the galaxy, planet to planet exploring and finding stuff to busy herself with. Though now she had a purpose, investigating crimes that would’ve been shuffled beneath paperwork and time. Where the victim was not some famous celebrity, or the child of a politician, just a regular person who wasn’t seen as equally important.

It’s how Vaylin found herself on a planet that just bordered Galactic Alliance space. The Zabrak didn’t dare risk finding work deeper into their territory. It ran the risk of drawing attention, and many wouldn’t be quick to forget a Sith, even a former one.

Vaylin walked through the hospital, stopping when she finally reached the reception. She asked for a patient; one Penelope Dalle. The receptionist requested the appropriate identification, and Vaylin provided it. V. Valentina, Independent Investigator.

She had a certain Corellian to thank for providing the credentials.

With the go ahead given, Vaylin walked deeper into the hospital and towards Miss Dalle’s room. She peeked into it at first, checking to see if the patient was awake or if anyone else was present. Neither was the case, and it seemed as though the young woman was fast asleep, more than likely due to medication.

Quietly, the Zabrak slipped into the room and grabbed the datapad that was hanging from the foot of the bed. Her first interest was checking the wounds sustained. Of which there were a number, enough that Vaylin was impressed the patient was still alive.

You’re one hell of a fighter, Miss Dalle.

The police report had been filed as an ‘Attempted Murder’ but no name had been given to the attacker. Vaylin pondered the reason why. Was it someone the victim knew, but refused to name? Or was it simply a stranger?

Either way, Vaylin was lost in her thoughts and too occupied to notice anyone else walking past.

It was curious being on the Galactic Alliance fringes, the wars had impacted a lot of people and most in the galaxy were not getting the support of the GA as much as they clearly needed. Kat had taken a job at a hospital on one of the fringe worlds, she had been working hard as a Healer on Coruscant but she wanted to do more on a world with limited supplies. Her powers were growing in terms of healing and she wanted to help as many people as she could, especially in areas where funding was limited and doctors were in short supply. She was also fed up of the senior doctors on Coruscant thinking they knew better than she did. She had healed more people in her relatively short time in the hospital then majority of senior doctors telling her what to do.

There were cons though, it wasn't an idyllic lifestyle and she was far from friends, but it wasn't a permanent position and gave her a break from the busy life on Coruscant. Currently she was catching up on her daily caf, needing the boost to keep her alert since sleeping wasn't something that happened often or for any length of time. It was a strong, dark brew and Kat was hugging it in her hands as she inhaled the scent, still too hot to drink. The nurses walking around the wards smiled and chuckled, commenting that the caf was better quality in another ward, it was solid advice but Kat didn't let herself leave the emergency ward in case there was a major incident that needed her focus.

Entering the ward, Kat took her datapad and scrolled through the list, nothing that needed major attention bar one woman who had gotten into some fight it seemed. Curious, Kat wondered what had happened, she thought of several scenarios and none of them were exactly good. As she wandered over to the patient, Kat paused and saw someone waiting at the foot of the bed. Seemed a few people were always entering hospitals and looking for answers in unconscious patients. Kat stood near the woman at the foot of the bed and let out a gentle cough.

"Um. Can I help? This is my patient and as you can see, she is in no condition to talk to anyone, even if you are family or a friend." Kat spoke in a gentle but firm tone.

Vaylin Vaylin

A bit too transfixed on taking all the information in, Vaylin jumped ever slightly at the sudden cough. She had the decency to look a tad sheepish, turning to face the person. The Zabrak paused initially, noting the woman to be Echani. A comment immediately stirred to the surface, but Vaylin pushed it away.

She was meant to be a professional investigator right now.

Ah yes, sorry. I’m an Independent Investigator, looking into the attempt on Miss Dalle’s life.” She brushed aside some hair that had fallen over her face moments prior. “I’m V. Valentina.” The Zabrak held her hand out for a shake, after that she stuffed it back into her coat pocket.

I was hoping to speak with her, yeah. But obviously that can wait until she’s able.” Vaylin placed the datapad back, gaze affixed on the slumbering patient. “Did she happen to say anything once she arrived here, or was she silent on any info right up until she went to sleep?

Vaylin was hoping there had been at least something between those two points. The police report had been bare of any particular details. But then the onsite officers hadn’t fully questioned all the witnesses by that time.

Looking as the Zabrak introduced herself, Kat took her hand and shook it firmly. Taking the chart, she offered a small smile, "sorry, even police aren't meant to be reading charts. Hope you can understand that." V. Valentina, it wasn't a name that Kat was personally familiar with. "Could I also see some ID? Just to confirm, I am guessing that you have shown it to the receptionist but sometimes they can miss forgeries." Kat spoke in a very clear professional tone. It was clear that she was taking her job as the carer for her patient very seriously and wanted to provide them the best care she could. Even if that care was simply keeping them safe from strangers.

"I'm Kat. Kat Decoria, do a lot of Force Healing around here." Kat explained, as she scanned over the notes made. It was clear that the patient had been brought in this rough state and there hadn't been a chance to provide the necessary care to bring her to consciousness. Kat was curious to know if there had been any words spoken but all she could do was note who brought the patient in and make sure to check with them. "As far as I know, she hasn't been conscious since coming in. Her attack was quite brutal and the injuries very severe which means most would have to wait a couple of days before they would even know if she would survive, due to the trauma to her brain." Kat was not most, she didn't need to depend on medicine to assess a person. Benefits of the Force and her extensive training with healing.

Grabbing two chairs, she placed one at the end of the bed and one at the side of the bed, gesturing to the investigator to sit at the chair on the end of bed as Kat sat at the patient's side. "I can do some Force Healing, it would be a slow process, to ensure that I am doing the healing process correctly. Unfortunately, brain trauma can be tricky thing to heal so that is why it will take time. However, while I am doing this, tell me more about yourself since I am going to hazard a guess that you won't want to leave the patient's side while I am healing." It was a way of knowing whether or not this investigator was legitimate and whether it was safe for the patient for her to wake up to this stranger at the end of her bed.

Vaylin Vaylin

Ah, yes of course.” Vaylin reached into one her pocket and pulled out the ID, handing it over so Kat could get a closer look. All seemed to be good from the Echani’s expression, although Vaylin’s wasn’t betraying anything either. Once again, she thanked Allyson for being so good at setting things up.

The Zabrak watched Kat as she went about checking her patient, pondering whether the woman had been working here for long, or had been more of a volunteer. Vaylin wondered if she had been a fighter, turned healer in the wake of the ever endless cycle of war. The Zabrak mentally shook the questions circulating about in her curious mind, filing them away for later.

Well, it’s nice to meet you, Miss Decoria.” She gave the Echani a small smile, saying a quick thanks as she took the seat she had placed on the opposite side of the bed.

Vaylin looked at the slumbering patient with a neutral expression, but beneath the surface was a mix of emotions. Anger was a prominent one, seeing the young woman’s state and wanting to find the culprit. But there was also a mix of confusion, at herself. Not long ago this kind of thing wouldn’t have bothered her...hell, she’d done much worse as a Sith and hadn’t cared. The only time she had was when someone she cared for was in danger, and even then, that became less so the more Moirai had taken over.

Oh no, I’m perfectly fine with waiting for however long. I’ve not a mind for Force Healing, so I’ll defer to your judgement.” Vaylin leaned back into her chair, watching as Kat got to work. She was silent for a bit, pondering what to say. Certainly couldn’t come out with the full truth, so a half one would have to do.

Nothing much really, crappy upbringing that I managed to get free from. Went through life like anyone else, then eventually got fed up with the injustice I kept seeing and decided to take this career path.

It wasn’t a lie...she was just omitting a significant middle between those two points.

What about you? What brought you to the fringes of Alliance space?

Checking the ID, the format and the way it was done was familiar to Kat but she couldn't quite place where. However, it did seem genuine which was all that truly mattered to the Echani. She looked over the patient then back at the private investigator, "well, I hope you can find whoever did this to her. It must have been someone truly nasty to go this far." Kat commented as she handed the ID back to the investigator and chuckled softly as she was called Miss Decoria, "Kat is fine enough. Titles are just too formal." Shaking her head, Kat smirked a little.

Nodding her head, "I wasn't always a healer, started off a mechanic and wasn't even aware that I was a Force User till I was nearly 18." Kat admitted, "some could argue being a mechanic is a healer for droids which is why I was draw to doing this but that's ignoring the real reason." She was opening up a fair amount, she was not like most Echani, reserved or stoic, Kat generally quite open and honest for better or worse. "I was a Jedi but gave that life up when all I was doing was killing, and it wasn't killing the enemy that broke me. It was killing my friends, my allies, my soldiers." It was letting people down, breaking the news to family, all that was what pushed Kat away and far away.

"Might be odd coming to the GA which is more militant but I have a friend in the Alliance who drew me to the Alliance and trying to do my best within that space." Kat explained as she placed her hand on top of the patient's head and started healing the patient best she could. Sighing deeply, it was going to take a lot of effort to heal this injury. "So, what are you investigating with this woman? Is it about whoever attacked her or something else?" Kat was curious and wanted to learn more about the Zabrak. To say the backstory was sparse would be putting it light but Kat also knew that she could force someone to open up like she would.

Vaylin Vaylin

The Zabrak chuckled at Kat’s clarification, feeling much the same. “Fair enough, you can call me V.” Given how ‘Vaylin’ was the name she had gone by for years as a Sith, it was better to keep that tightlipped around everyone.

She listened to Kat tell some of her story, but at the mention of being a Force User, Vaylin glanced down at her right hand. She flexed it slightly, stretching her fingers. The Zabrak attempted to call upon the Force, even if ever slightly. But there was nothing, no response.

Vaylin held back from audible cursing.

Instead, she focused on watching what Kat was doing to keep her mind off things. “Oh, I dunno. I think it makes sense to come here. The borders and outskirts of territory are often left to their own devices. Be it by deliberate hand, or not. Sometimes a government's reach goes too far and wide, and they can’t attend to every planet equally.

Part of the reason why Vaylin was here, beyond the planet having just been the one she had randomly picked. The bigger part being to avoid getting her identity exposed by venturing too deep into Galactic Alliance space.

It never goes away though, the fighting; the killing. Do it too much and you just become numb to it, better to get out early before you lose yourself.” Vaylin tried to speak like she was mostly speculating, that she didn’t have personal experience in the thing she was talking about. But for a moment the Zabrak had a far-off look in her eyes, before catching herself and correcting it.

Pretty much, yeah. I want to find the person that did this to Miss Dalle. I read the initial police report, but from the looks of things it wasn’t going to be addressed anytime soon.” Vaylin didn’t fault the local law enforcement. She was sure they were neck deep in other cases, especially being on a planet that bordered territory. They were often hotspots for violent activity.

When V made the odd movement with her hand after Kat mentioned the Force, Kat remained silent. Some people weren't always appreciative of Force Users, scared of them or jealous of their powers. V could also have been a Force User that lost her connection since Kat knew that was something that could happen as well. Asking about it could be a trigger so Kat felt it was better to leave it unsaid and allow V to talk about it when she felt comfortable, if she did. The Force Healing was tricky process, trying to heal brain injuries was tiring work and it wasn't easy to know if she was doing it right since she couldn't see the results.

Shrugging, it was true the fringes of a faction's space were the most likely to suffer but it wasn't always the case or reason and Kat was just not one for settling down in one place for any length of time. Getting comfortable wasn't something that she enjoyed all too much. "Yeah, I do a lot of travelling myself. Hard to find one place to just settle."

When V mentioned the costs of being in war, Kat offered a sympathetic smile, a knowing one. Clearly V had been through a lot and was trying to adjust to a new style of life which was commendable and Kat admired. For a long time, Kat drank, got into fights and slept with a lot of strangers to get over the fact that she was no longer a Jedi or a fighter. It had been a tough adjustment for the Echani, fighting was her language but she couldn't keep losing people, it was like she was losing herself. "Well, I think just getting out is the hard part. Over time you can piece yourself back together, no matter how broken, as long as you want to piece back together who you were." While you could find yourself broken after wars, it could be that you discover that you prefer who you are now to before.

"Well, if you need a hand in dealing with justice to the people that did this, then I can give you a hand." Kat offered as she smiled warmly. "After this patient, my shift is kinda over." Kinda meant that she was meant to have finished two hours ago but lingered around. It was getting hard to sleep alone, especially when Allyson had made it very comfortable.

Vaylin Vaylin

Vaylin nodded in agreement. “I’ve been travelling a lot since I made the career change. Was stuck in one place for far too long. Realized I hadn’t really explored the galaxy much.” It wasn’t entirely true though, she had travelled plenty as the Sith Empire expanded its reach. Be it to their neighbours or across the galaxy to their enemies. “It’s essentially how I ended up here. Travelling around and stumbled across this planet, learned of Miss Dalle’s case and felt a desire to solve it.” Vaylin had spent years bringing nothing but death and destruction to those in front of her.

She felt it was only right to do some actual good now that she was no longer Sith.

Wise words indeed, the first difficult challenge is pushing yourself to move onwards. It’s far too easy to just become...slothful, lose yourself to doubts and insecurities.” Vaylin paused, once again glancing down at her hand, before turning her focus to the patient. “Not to mention how simple it is to find a solution through a vice or two. Which fortunately mine has only been alcohol...but boy do I miss my tolerance for it.

The Zabrak’s shell cracked ever so slightly, showing a small amused grin.

Seems like you read my mind Kat. I was going to suggest that idea. Could do with some backup, and I don’t know the local area too well.” Vaylin knew where she wanted to investigate first, but it was always wise to have a partner watching your back. The Zabrak nodded, then glanced over to the patient as the healing continued.

Hmm, I think we should prepare for Miss Dalle to wake in a panicked state. The medics found her unconscious already, so she might still think she’s being attacked.

Last edited:
Listening, Kat smiled and nodded her head. She was starting to feel a little tired as the healing continued, it wasn't too bad but she knew that she was going to need a break from healing before she continued her job. "Travelling and seeing new worlds, it can be exciting and interesting. Getting to understand new cultures has been most enjoyable. Especially since so much of mine is around fighting, it can be tricky to understand how people express the finer points of themselves as honesty as we do but certainly curious."

It was good that V was wanting to help others, admirable since so few acted so altruistic. Kat finished the healing and leaned back, exhausted but stretching her limbs. "Healing process is done but she will have to wake naturally before you can start interrogating." Kat rubbed her temples as she could feel the tiredness kicking in hard.

"Drinking is my vice. Drinking and women..." Kat then blushed and chuckled, "that kinda slipped out but yeah, everyone has their own vices and as long as you don't let them take over your life then it should be fine." Rubbing the back of her neck, she felt a little embarrassed in admitting that sleeping around was a vice for her, not everyone was exactly eager to where that way of dealing with things but it was the truth.

When V accepted Kat's help, she smiled warmly and sighed, "it will be good to get out of here. But for now, she is still asleep, it will be a couple of minutes at least before she wakes up. I'm going to grab a cup of caf, did you want one? It isn't great but strong." Kat said as she figured it would help her stay alert.

Vaylin Vaylin

True, but the Echani’s expression through fighting requires an incredible amount of control and determination. Both of which can be applied outside of that.” Vaylin paused with a smile, gesturing to what Kat was doing. “Like healing.

She stood up after that, noticing the slight sway in the Echani’s stance. “Of course, I’ve no desire to rush things.” At least Vaylin hoped it wouldn’t be required. But right now she had no idea who the attacker was, if they were someone who had already fled the planet; or system. Or dug themselves into some hole on this planet.

Vaylin raised an eyebrow at Kat’s admission, but it was quickly replaced with a small laugh and smirk. “Hey, you like what you like. Certainly can’t fault that, sometimes you just need that warmth.” The Zabrak’s words trailed off, eyes shifting across Kat’s form, but very quickly stopped, hoping it didn’t get caught.

Completely forgetting that Echani had a good eye for reading body language.

I took up smoking for a little bit too...but eh. I already got out from one near death experience. Didn't need to put myself into a prolonged one.” Vaylin smiled after that, giving Kat a nod. “Caf sounds good, and don’t worry I’ve worked some long nights in the past with very awful caf.

Nodding her head, "yeah, there are transferable skills but there is also difficulties in expression oneself as others do. I find it hard to find the right words when a simple movement or stance could express it." There were cons or pros to the way she grew up and many didn't understand the difficulties which came with basically a different language all your childhood. She never really had the need of Galactic Basic when she was growing so it was difficult to explain her feelings.

When V offered support in her small confession, Kat chuckled and shrugged, she wouldn't allow herself to feel embarrassed by it now. It was said out in the open and she wasn't ashamed of it, it might not always be healthy for her, but it was better than some vices. When the Zabrak checked her out briefly afterwards, Kat smirked though slightly annoyed the scrubs did not compliment her figure well enough. She didn't say anything, not yet at least, though she did admire the Zabrak's figure in return for a bit longer than V had admired her. Then coughed and smiled as she nodded her head.

Kat had never been one for smoking, it just wasn't something she found enjoyable, the hacking up a lung or the stink that lasted for way too long afterwards. She just rather drink and sleep her way through her problems. Heading over to the caf machine, she pours two strong drinks and then returned back to the room. Gone for a couple minutes, she placed a cup by V's side and then took a seat closer to V now that the healing process was finished, blowing on the hot brew before taking a sip.

Vaylin Vaylin

While Kat was away getting the caf, Vaylin turned her focus to her hands. She tried calling upon it, trying to summon anything to her hands. But there was nothing but the same dull hum. The Zabrak knew her connection wasn’t outright cut, she could still feel something at the end. But there was something blocking it from reaching out.

Vaylin sighed, and resigned herself to giving up for the time being. Instead, she kept watch over the patient until Kat eventually returned. The Zabrak offered her a smile as she placed a cup by her side.

Thanks.” Vaylin immediately scooped the caf up and took a sip, not bothered in the slightest by the heat. “Definitely not the worst I’ve had.” She laughed lightly, shifting about in her chair, attempting to get comfortable.

Silence fell for a bit, before Vaylin looked to her side at Kat.

So, how long have you been working as a healer?” There wasn’t much else to do right now, and the Zabrak was admittedly a tad curious to learn more about the Echani. “Been a few months for me now, investigating I mean. Would’ve started earlier, but I was bedridden for a good while.” Vaylin looked away, taking a sip of her caf before looking back and catching that curious gaze.

It’s a long story, one of which I’d need something stronger than this.

Kat chuckled, "well, it can't get too bad otherwise the nurses would be starting a riot." Kat smirked as she took another sip and leaned back into the chair. The caf was the right pick me up she needed, it had been a long day and that session of healing really wiped her but hopefully by the end of the caf she would get her second wind back. Would it be her second wind or more like her third or fourth? It was tricky to tell how long she been running around for so she just stuck with second wind.

"Healer? Well doing this type of healing, it was roughly 2 years ago or so. I had learnt to heal when part of the SJC, learnt from a great Jedi Healer there and then over time kept it up with some small work here and there before it became this style of work. Nowadays spend a lot of my working time here in these hospitals. Keeps me distracted which is good." Kat smiled, "sorry to hear you were bedridden, glad you were able to make it out of that, if you want to tell me, we can always grab some drinks after we found the guys who did this." Gesturing to the patient.

Finishing her cup, she placed it on the side table, "how come you decided to be an investigator?" Kat asked curiously as she smiled warmly.

Vaylin Vaylin

Vaylin laughed at Kat’s answer, shaking her head in amusement. It did seem to be a universal truth, that no matter who you were, what your occupation was, caf was the lifeblood that kept everyone going. Even a big bad Sith, once upon a time.

The Zabrak casually sipped at her caf while listening to Kat. It was an admirable thing to do, especially after having been focused on fighting before. Sometimes you just get sick of it all, try to turn a new leaf and become a pacifist. But even now, after her focus was no longer death and destruction, Vaylin knew that conflict was inevitable. Be it minor or otherwise.

A drink or two sounds nice, and I have a feeling we’ll need it once this is all said and done.” Vaylin chuckled, knowing full well what ‘a drink or two’ really meant.

She fell silent at Kat’s question, slipping into thought for a few moments.

I was inspired to. There was someone, a…” Vaylin paused as her thoughts turned to Allyson Locke Allyson Locke . What were they exactly? The Zabrak knew what they weren’t at least. Both had their fun on Bastion, but that was all it was. Their lifestyles and work weren’t exactly compatible in keeping them around the other. But that was just an easy excuse. Two broken people didn’t make for something great, or lasting.

And Vaylin was fine with that.

But did she consider Allyson a friend? It was quite a poetic idea, her long-time enemy winding up her first friend post-Sith.

A friend, she’s an investigator herself, it’s like one part of her whole occupation. She helped me out with something important, I followed along and watched.” Vaylin finished her caf finally, placing the now empty cup down. She let out a small laugh. “Force knows if she learned she inspired me, I wouldn’t hear the end of it.

Kat nodded her head, a couple of drinks after a mission was always great. For Kat, she didn't really know where things go after a couple of drinks since she preferred to just let things flow naturally but V was definitely an interesting woman to get to know over a couple of drinks. As she listened to V talk about who inspired her to start working as an investigator, the same nagging familiarity scratched at the back of her mind. This was definitely someone that she knew or at least sounded like someone she knew but she wasn't sure who. Someone who worked in the similar field, inspirational to V and clearly a helpful person as well. Who could that be? Was it?

"Are you friends with Allyson Locke Allyson Locke as well?" Kat asked curious, she shouldn't be surprised that Allyson knew other people in the business but it was still really strange to just bump into one of them randomly while she was working.

Her relationship with Allyson was weird, whenever she thought about Allyson there was a smile, excitement and a deep feeling of connection to someone who wasn't family. However, Kat was keeping Allyson at an arm's length, she was scared about her emotions. There was a lot of doubt about how to pursue a relationship with Allyson and if she was even worthy of such a connection with someone else. Her past attempts had ended so quickly that Kat was trying to just enjoy things before they inevitably end again.

Shaking her head, trying not to think about Allyson, "ahem, sorry just she is someone I know who kinda suits that description since she did a similar thing for me." Kat was being more active in things because of Allyson's influence and wanting to help her friend. "Anyway, it is great to have a friend like that, someone to rely on."

The patient was starting to stir and Kat moved from her seat and made sure to reassure the patient carefully as she soothed the scared patient. "Hey, everything is okay. I healed your injuries best I could and just need to do a couple of checks," Kat performed the checks and was satisfied that her healing had worked effectively. "Oh, a Ms. Valentina is working your case and has a few questions if you are up to it." Leaving it up to the patient's interpretation where she thinks this is a cop or just an investigator. And leaving it up to V to state her job if she wanted.

Vaylin Vaylin

The Zabrak raised an eyebrow when Kat directly mentioned Allyson. Small galaxy, huh. But before Vaylin could speak, acknowledging the Echani’s guess, the patient started to wake.

Wh...wh-where am I?!” Fortunately, Kat was quick on her feet and was immediately helping to calm the young woman. She looked frightened, scared, even after being reassured she was in the safety of the hospital.

Vaylin offered a small smile, stepping forwards after Kat had introduced her.

You-you’re an investigator?

I am, Miss Dalle. I came upon your case, and wanted to help solve it.

I...” The uncertainty was clear in Penelope’s face, probably not helped by the cocktail of meds that was being fed to her through the machines around her. Still dazed from that and having just woken up.

As Miss Decoria stated, I’ve a few questions I’d like to ask. Would that be alright with you?

The young woman didn’t answer initially, instead looking left and right from where she sat. As if expecting something or someone to suddenly jump at her.

I...yes, but can I uh, get some water first?” She looked over towards Kat.

The raised eyebrow from V was enough for Kat to understand that it was indeed Allyson or at least she knew of Allyson. But there would be time to talk about Allyson at a later point, for now, the patient was awake and clearly still very scared. It made sense and Kat could only provide a soothing aura through the Force to help reassure the patient that she was safe and that no one was here to harm her. At least from what Kat could tell there was no intention of harm.

Most the machines were pumping in were pain killers and fluids, Kat tended to need little else when healing. But even painkillers could make a patient drowsy and out of it. There was a clear nervousness to her actions and Kat could only offer a reassuring smile and nod of her head as she headed to fetch some water. "Will be back in a bit, don't try to move too much, while you seem okay for now. Limbs are likely to still be weak. Unfortunately my healing can't perfectly heal a body." Kat offered a small chuckle before going.

Grabbing a jug of water while not being in earshot to give the patient the privacy she might want.

Vaylin Vaylin

Once Kat had left, Vaylin simply watched the patient as she laid in her bed, fidgeting. At first Penelope tried to get comfortable, but she let out a hiss of pain at even the smallest of motion. The young woman seemed to get frustrated, attempting a more harsher movement.

Easy, Miss Dalle. You took a couple nasty stab wounds, your body isn’t going to like much movement right now.” Vaylin stood up, walking up to the patient’s bedside. “Believe me, I know quite a bit about that.

Far too much over the years...While her face was free of any noticeable scars, the remainder of her body wasn’t so lucky. Her torso especially was decorated in them, from both her Sith years and earlier than that.

I-I just want to sit up some more.

Vaylin nodded, looking around a little bit until she found the bed’s small controller. With a push of a button, Penelope was carefully raised up a bit more in her bed. “Better?

Much, thank you.

The pair remained in silence for a bit, the young patient starting to pick at the tube connected to the back of her hand.

Uh, you probably shouldn’t be doing that-” Vaylin spoke, just as the Echani returned.

Kat returned and sighed, another patient fidgeting with her hand. It wasn't great and she gave a thankful look to V as she called the patient out on the behaviour. Setting the cup of water next to her, Kat took the hand and checked the tub was not damaged or pulled out. "Sorry, but you have to keep this in for now. Just till your vitals are a little stronger. Still seem a little dehydrated and your blood sugars aren't ideal. In an hour or so, things should be okay enough to remove it." Kat stated with a warm smile.

Looking over the V, "did you get the information needed to hunt the guys who did this down?" Kat had assumed that was what had been discussed when she went to fetch the water before turning back to the patient.

"Do you have any family that we should contact to let them know where you are and that you are safe?" Kat asked hoping that someone would come and take care of the girl while she was off hunting down the scum that did this.

Vaylin Vaylin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom