Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Nether craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
kory-cromie-biopatrol-sm.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create NPC enemy ships for future threads
  • Image Source: Gallery
  • Canon Link: None
  • Permissions: None
  • Primary Source: None
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 3 Meters
  • Width: 5 Meters
  • Height: 12.5 Meters
  • Armament: Very Low
    • Single Laser Cannon
  • Defenses: Very Low
    • Light Armor Plating
  • Squadron Count: Very High: 20
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive: None
unknown.png
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Missing many features people would consider standard due to pilot not exactly being alive. Reduces overall weight of craft in that there is no life support, any kind of shielding, inertial dampeners, or other standard features. It is the most bare bones craft that one could think of.
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Due to nature of the craft, the ship has to be completely crippled for it to stop fighting. That means engines destroyed, weapons pulverized, and majority of the ship itself savaged. And because of their very design, they fly quite aggressively.
  • These ships don't use traditional sensors to track their targets, more or less flying with the Force and it alone. This allows for traditional sensor packages to be absent, and for normal counter measures along with defensive tactics to be useless.
  • Plating on these vessels is of a more corrupted metal, offering superior structural integrity without the use excess amounts. Allows for a very high thrust to weight ratio.
STRENGTHS
  • The Swarm: These vessels are meant to use for wolf pack tactics. They will surround, dog, and then procedurally overwhelm enemy combatants. The loss of one or two of these vessels means nothing for the overall squadron. And considering their "pilots" only care for the destruction and consumption of all life, they will even ram enemy vessels regardless of efficacy if it means the swarm wins.
  • Excessively agile: The lack of "standard" electronics on these ships makes them extremely agile and fast compared to normal craft. Where living pilots need life support, shields, inertial compensators, traditional fuel, and all sorts of electronics to support them, these require nothing. Where droid fighters require half of those requirements, these fighters only require the Force to power their flight.
  • Hunters of Life: These ships don't rely on traditional sensors, instead hunting their targets based on their presence in the Force. This allows them to forgo normal means of scanning for enemy combatants and instead rather hunt out every living thing in their area of operations.
WEAKNESSES
  • Weak armaments: These fighters have a pitifully weak offensive armament and little to no armor to speak of. While that makes them excessively easy to damage and disable, pilots should be aware that these ships will resort to suicide tactics if necessary. Use the lack of armor and weapons to your advantage and make every shot a kill shot to completely destroy them.
  • As is their Strength, so is their Weakness: These fighters are also susceptible to machinations of the Force. Pilots and commanders who can figure out that's how they're hunting the ships they are going after can use this to their advantage. They aren't piloted by machine learning algorithms or by super beings with access to unlimited thinking potential. These are almost living extensions of drones that are very simple and against the right people very easy to fool and destroy.
  • Not accurate: These ships don't have the best shots, or greatest tactical minds. They are very simple, and basic. Compared to most pilots these would be standard training drones. The issue is the drone flies like a Kath Hound on Spice, and won't stop at anything to hunt down, kill and/or destroy anything that displays life signs in its sector.
DESCRIPTION

LOG START
Captain's Log - T+14 from mission start.

When we entered orbit, we noticed the various wrecks around us. There were a lot of dead ships in the sector, with very little movement to speak of anything that might be alive. Our sensors read nothing, and the first three sweeps of the AO brought back nothing. It wasn't until we got a visual of one of these ships that we had our suspicions that something was here. It looks nothing like anything we've ever seen, and I've fought for and against every major power in this side of the galaxy. It looked almost alive, but our bio-scanners showed no signs of life. They move almost like herds, and while they have yet to move against our ships, I think they know something is up. It's been five days since they've started their own counter sweeps. We keep having close encounters, but for some reason we get within spitting distance and they don't seem to notice. But based on the numbers we've seen, and the damage to some of the other wrecks out here, these ships are highly aggressive if they spot something. I can't imagine how many are out there hiding in the wreckage that we can't eve- KLAXON BLARES

GENERAL QUARTERS ALL HANDS, MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS, GENERAL QUARTERS ALL HANDS, MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS

ALL PILOTS REPORT TO HANGAR DECK FOR SORTIES, CODE FIVE, THIS IS NOT A DRILL

I'll finish this log later, got to go. My sweet pea and little bug back home, if you ever get this Daddy loves you and misses you.

END LOG

Last edited:
This is an unusual circumstance to where I have to review these Nether submissions one at a time. I apologize for how long this took.

• Manufacturer: Ships are reformed in the Nether
  • Affiliation: N/A
This is the main issue at large. These have to be linked to SOMETHING for each field and I believe I have the idea on how to fix at least the first one.

What if it is just placed a mixture of Canon Starship Companies such as Kuat Drive Yards? Be the amalgamation of parts you are probably looking for.

As for affiliation, it has to be linked towards either a current Chaos Company or Faction. I recommend possible your Freebird Industries but with the small catch of it being "Captured and Resold". This should still give the desired effect you are hopefully looking for.

Let me know when you can edit or throw each other ideas.
The Monster The Monster

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin So I'll put the manufacturer as several listed ship companies in canon but I'll add the asterisk that they are technically cobbled together from their wrecks in the Nether. As for affiliation, I intended these to be more of an OpFor, did you just want it linked to the faction that will use it? It would be a little confusing I guess but if that's what it takes to pass then I'll go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom