Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Neon Lit Night

Ships: Freight type Arcon-class Valley Night

Leddie looked out of the bridge as the freight hauler began lower itself into planetary atmosphere. The pilot looked back, chuckling a bit as he chewed on what looked like a wooden tongue depressor he probably swiped from the med-bay. He'd quit smoking, and it seemed like he needed a bit of something to do with his mouth now to keep him too occupied to think about it.

"What do you think kid?" Leddie looked over, taking the copilot seat to look out.

"Looks cold." The Zabrak said. The piolet just laughed.

"Just wait till we get under the dome." The frigate sized freighter continued to go on, and soon Leddie would be in awe by the bright night-like scene that greeted her. The city seemed to just glow. The pilot just chuckled, looking ahead. "Rookies." A Hiitian would soon walk in, looking out.

"Marscol, how long till we land?"

"Moving to the hub now. Maybe ten minutes."

"Good. I'll let everyone know we'll unload tomorrow. Have some fun tonight." Leddie would smile a bit, nodding to the captain as the Valley Night's engines swung to landing position and the frigate touched down. Leddie would step out with the others, taking a breath before going out to find some fun, or trouble, out in the city. Wherever that'd lead.

Riley Reese Riley Reese

The music was loud, the room was crowded and the party was in full swing. Well, not that the party ever end. Like most clubs in the Undercity, The Everglow rarely if ever shutdown. The reason? The Undercity was the sunless city that never slept and the parties never ended. Loud music and neon lights drew visitors in like moths to a flame. Everyone was there for a good time and to forget their troubles. Well almost everyone.

Riley stood near the edge of a private booth, dressed in her full mercenary gear and armed to the teeth. She wasn't a party goer, rather the one who kept the party goers at a distance. Once again she found herself babysitting some rich noble...or whatever he was, from the Upper city. He sat in the booth with a group of friends(?) like he was some sort of king. Surrounding him was a group of women that seemed to appear from thin air as soon as he flashed a ton of credits around.

The plus side was that he wasn't causing any problems or left the booth once. So that made Riley's job a lot easier, and that's how she liked it. Especially since two rival gangs had been getting quite bold these past few weeks. At first it was it wasn't noticeable, a few hit and run situations on each other's turf. But when the local Hutt lord made no response to their behavior, things began to escalate to the point of becoming a full blown war.

This was but one concern of Riley's. There were others, but this was the biggest. A very wealthy individual such as her client could be a target for either side looking for easy credits. As long as he didn't do anything dumb, the night might be uneventful.

Leddie Gred Leddie Gred

One of the other younger shiphands would lead Leddie, along with her V3 droid, down to the undercity.

"Trust me, Mando. You'll love this." Leddie just eyed him from under her helmet, with V3 letting out a few chirps. "Yes I know where I'm going you spiderdroid reject!" This would earn him a shock, which got a snicker from Leddie.

"I mean, weren't you the one that got lost in a desert?"

"I had too much to drink."

"You got lost behind a dune right next to the town. Even drunk that's impressive."

"I did no.... We're here. I think you'll like this. Not your kind of music maybe, but it's an awesome place.... Plus any rough stuff happens it's good to have a Mando around." Leddie glared a tad.

"Am I just here to...."

"Hey, I can handle myself. Just saying it helps." The three would soon walk into The Everglow. Leddie had to admit, it did sound nice as she took off her helmet and clipped it to her belt, and simple jewelry that she wore on her horns now clear. She'd already started moving a bit to the beat before looking around, with a bit of a spin of course. She took notice of a few thing. The folks around. The cybernetics, the people, and a handful of folks that seemed to stick out. It wasn't really new to her. Afterall she knew Halgen, the marshal for her home now, and Fred Gred Fred Gred pretty well, but the young Mandalorian had never seen this many cyborgs in one place. She'd continue looking around, at least until she bumped into someone, and quickly turned around.

"Sorry! I was just distracted."

Riley Reese Riley Reese

It was starting to be a night, in Riley's opinion. This was the third group of drunks she had just run off. Each trying to get closer to her client. Most likely trying to get in good favors, for credit or status purposes. They had barely turned their backs when someone walked straight into her. She gritted her teeth in annoyance and turned around.

What she hadn't expected was an immediate apology, or the young Zabrak standing in front of her. Okay, young was a relative term. The girl was what, a year or two younger than herself? What caught Riley off guard was the lack of any noticeable cybernetics. That was rare down here. The second thing she noticed was the armor. Beskar, highly recognizable even for how uncommon it was around here.

Riley never got a chance to speak before her employer spoke up. "Well, well. What's a Mandalorian doing down in the Undercity? And one such as yourself?" Riley didn't even have to look and she knew the man was eyeing up the young Mando. She couldn't help but cringe at the thought. He really had no shame did he?

Leddie Gred Leddie Gred

Leddie couldn’t help but blink a couple of times, looking at the noble. She tried to hide… whatever the heck she was feeling while she tried to think how to respond. She just eyed him a bit, not moving for her weapons, but clearly she’d be ready if she had to.

“If you have to know, a shipmate was showing me around, but as for that last part…. You best be careful how to talk to Mandalorians I. The future. Not too unlikely to get a red cheek from it, and that’s if you’re lucky.” It was pretty clear Leddie meant he’d likely get beat up if he wasn’t careful, and she’d give a slight smirk as she said it. The irony that enough got to him to know she was a Mandalorian, but not enough to know what else that came with. She’d notice the guard too, giving a slight nod of respect. She hadn’t jumped Leddie right away, so the Zabrak figured they were a decent person at least. Probably making some credits was all. Plus, she had to respect the armor a bit. She got a little time before hearing the annoyed whistles of V3, who looked at the noble a bit before quickly shutting up. Bad idea. Bad idea…..

Riley Reese Riley Reese

Riley watched the smile slightly fade from the nobles face at the words the Mando spoke. She definitely didn't have a problem speaking her mind, that much was certain. The man quickly regained his composure and laughed off the comment. Then the droid put its two credits, causing Riley to cringe.

The smile completely faded from the man's face as he stood up. The first real problem of the night was about to start for Riley. Before the man could speak, however, the front doors were kicked in and blaster fire hot the ceiling. And here was problem number two.

"Listen up good people! This club is now under new ownership! By who you may ask? The electric devils, that's who!" Riley turned around to see a man wearing a tactical vest with no shirt underneath, baggy combat pants tucked into combat boots. Various items hung from his belt including ammo, grenades and even chains. His body was adorned with piercings and neon blue lighting bolt tattoos all leading back to a sinister horned skull on his chest. All topped off with a neon blue mohawk. His blaster rifle was pointing at the ceiling and as he spoke more thugs dressed in similar fashion entered room.

Well, this was just great. One of the things she hoped wouldn't happened had. Luckily it couldn't... "Ladies and gentlemen." Came a voice from a man who just exited the kitchens in the back. "I'm here to inform you that the Underglow is now under the management of the.....Calta...Syndicate." The man's speech slowed to a halt at the sight of the Electic Devils. Unlike the previous group, him and his followers sported dress pants, fine leather boots, well kept vests with white shirts underneath and a tie. The man who spoke had a heavy blaster holstered at his hip.

Tensions ran high as both groups stared each other down. All the while Riley wondered why tonight couldn't have just stayed quiet.

Leddie Gred Leddie Gred

Leddie just looked a bit at V3, about to note the droid having no filter when, a bunch of guys burst in. She was about to give a glare to her shipmate for suggesting this place when.... This had to be a joke. More of them! This was just great. No night of fun she guessed. Leddie looked at the two groups, then at the bodyguard there. She'd quickly unclip her helmet while the bozo's weren't looking and put it on before sliding a hand down to her Trayc'kal. You know what. Maybe this would be a little fun.

"So, is this a normal night down here?" She asked, staring to pull her weapons.

Riley Reese Riley Reese

"Unfortunately." Riley stated as she eyed up the situation. Her finger rested casually on the trigger gaurd of her carbine. She had to worry about multiple things around her. For starters the idiots in front of her, possibly the Mando next to her but she didn't seem to be a threat. Then most importantly was her employer, for now anyway.

The stand off was an intense one. Both sides waiting to see who would make the first move. The one to set off the metaphorical bomb so to speak. Unfortunately for Riley, it was the last person she to speak that voiced his opinion. "What's the meaning of this?!" Her employer stood up and casually walked onto the floor where the two groups of thugs stood. The air he gave was on of arrogance more than confidence, as if he owned the place. "I came all the way down here from the Upper City to have a good time. Not to have my night ruined by some low life morons such as yourselves!"

Riley cringed, and boy was she glad she had her helmet on. The time to think on how stupid her employer was could wait, for now was the time for action. She was on the move faster than the thugs, as she tackled her employer behind a nearby booth. A hail of blaster fired barely missed them before turning on their makeshift cover. The foolish rich patron was quickly forgotten as the thugs turned on each other, turning the nightclub into a war zone.

Leddie Gred Leddie Gred

Leddie quickly pulled her pair of Trayc'kal, notably missing the upper blades/ Ducking behind a table and quickly throwing her helmet on. She looked around, not really taking the chance to slide her helmet on before noticing the pinned guard and mouthy probably arrogant guy. She looked, particle cells, her own upgrades to the weapons, charging before she pop up and took a couple of shots at the gang members there before quickly moving closer to the booth and taking some breaths.

"Who in their right mind complains to the guys with blasters looking for a fight!?"

Leddie Gred Leddie Gred

Riley's day could have been going better. The blaster fire and small skirmishes she was used to, but having to listen to her employer yell angerly at her was irritating. She drowned him out as her attention turned to the Mando. "Believe me, it's more common than you would believe."

The sound of footsteps drew her attention, as someone rushed their cover. Leaning her blaster around the bench, she fired a round without looking. A pained yell followed by a body hitting the floor signaled the end of some poor gang member. "Look, these idiots are more interested in each other than us. All we have to do is make it to an exit and we should be fine. Can you cover me as I clear a path?"

Leddie Gred Leddie Gred

Leddie rolled her eyes a bit under her helmet. Not at the guard... or whatever she was, but at this rich Bantha Fodder who apparently was looking for a fight. She grumbled, a bit more of a Panathan accent coming through the mix of that an Concord Dawn. "Then I hope he learned a lesson." She then looked back at the guard, peeking over their cover before noticing a gang member close, and taking advantage of the situation and using the blade to take him out.

"Cover? I mean these aren't for show, so yes. Just give the word." Leddie prepped her Trayc'kal and duster coat, and once she heard the word, she'd pop out, quickly taking aim and firing out with pale yellow particle bolts. This would be a fight and a half, even if quick.

Riley Reese Riley Reese

As soon as the Mando began to lay down fire, Riley moved. First the two smoke grenades went out. A thick cloud quickly enveloped the open space the had become a firefight. Gang members panicked as their visibility dropped to almost zero.

Riley left her carbine where it was, for now was time for close quarters. The blades hidden in her forearms slid out. Without hesitation, she ran into the cloud of chaos. Thermal optics in both her helmet and eyes lit up enemy targets. She slammed into the first target, left blade sinking deep into his back. Grabbing his rifle, she gunned down two targets while using the man as a shield. Taking said shield, she tossed him into the legs of a target who was running straight at her, knocking him off balance before using her blades to finish him off.

From there it was just flowing from target to target. Each one falling to blade or blaster, all caught in the confusion that was the smoke screen. She watched as the panicked thugs began to find a way out instead of keeping up the fight they couldn't see. Now was the time to move. Reappearing from the cloud, she grabbed her employer and began to drag him into the smoke towards the kitchen. "Let's move!"

Leddie Gred Leddie Gred

Leddie continued laying down fire, surprised at the smoke began to fill the surrounding area. Well.... This cyborg had some tricks. And all this while not looking like she was any different. Maybe the armor just hid something. It was a sight though, but she needed to focus again. She'd still take a few shots when she saw them, looking down at the noble.

"You know, my dad would probably say you need to know about where going before you get there, not in the middle of a firefight. Frak where's V3 and Dalon?" It was then that a few mechanical steps, seeing the short astromech. He gave some angry mechanical chirps before Leddie turned back. "He ran off!" She didn't have much time to process things before the cyborg came back, saying they had to go.

"Ok. I'll be on your six." She'd then start to run, not taking any time to think right now. She didn't even seem to notice that smoke was able to sneak through her helmet's seal. She just knew she needed to get moving.

Riley Reese Riley Reese

Riley burst into the kitchen, startling the already frightened cooking staff. The head chef began yelling at her in a language she didn't recognize. That didn't matter though as she scanned for the nearest exit. Her eyes landed on a door at the back of the room...and the several armed lackies coming through it.

She swore in Huttesse as one of them pointed at them and they began to open fire. Riley grabbed her employer and pulled him behind cover. This was just great, now their exit was blocked and they had to watch for civilians.

Leddie Gred Leddie Gred

Leddie had kept close to the body guard and rich idiot, recognize some of what he chief said before sliding as the lackies that ran into the kitchen. She gave a few Mando'a swears before ducking behind a counter. She took a few breaths before popping up to start rapid firing his Trayc'kal pistols.

"Could these utreekove (Mando'a for "Idiots") just give up? I mean, don't know about you, but Zabrak have a backup heart at least." Of course Leddie hoped she wouldn't need that, but seemed fun to mention right then.

Riley Reese Riley Reese

The thugs ducked behind cover when one of their own was struck in the shoulder. Riley took this opportunity to fire a few rounds, keeping her targets in cover. She then turned to Leddie when she mentioned having a second heart. Unfortunately the sarcasm, one of her weak points in life, whent over her head. "Please refrain from sustaining serious injuries. I am only partially trained in being a field medic."

Blaster bolts soared over her cover as the thugs tried to rally for another push forward. She knew using more smoke grenades could put the civilians in harms way if the thugs randomly fired into the cloud. Plus side, they were disorganized and appeared to have no real training. "They're definitely not trained, that's for sure. If we can get them to scatter then we might be able to get past them before more arrive." Skill could only get you so far when you were outnumbered. At least the numbers were manageable, for now, but that could quickly change.

Leddie Gred Leddie Gred

Lessie just looked at Riley for a moment.

“No. that was a… never mind.” She said as she looked out. A distraction? She heard the mechanical skitter of V3, and started to look around. “Hey buddy. Can you trigger the sprinklers?” The quad legged astromech did a little salute before walking to a computer port. Leddie the. Waited for the them to trigger, and the moment they did would pop up and start firing at the closest guys.

Riley Reese Riley Reese

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom