Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some advice

Abigail

A
...On making a minor faction for a monarchy based in Ord Mantell.

Why Ord Mantell, you may ask. Well, both Reaku and Silas were born there and Reaku was freed from carbonite there thanks to [member="Technovore"]

Why a monarchy in a military planet? I seek the safety of some place I can call home once more... long story short, I aim to do this for both OOC and IC reasons.

Any advice is welcomed, as is interest in helping out.

Make sure to crush all dissidents with harsh oppressive edicts that cement yourself as an absolute monarch over the common people.

Create and organization a paramilitary police force to carry out your will.

Form a parliament that appears like a legitimate senatorial institution, but in reality is just a vehicle to exert your authoritarianism.

Abigail

A
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Hmm... those are the Dark Lord intents, I'm Lawful Neutral, not any evil alignment

Have a hook to draw people in.
Know exactly what you want to do, what your goals are, and how you plan on going after them
Make sure to properly convey said goals to others in order to garner their interest
Be dedicated, confident, and never be demoralized from the lack of interest in your faction.
And most importantly, don't do this stuff unless you're willing to put the work into it. Don't do it if you're going to drop it after a week or two and disappoint everybody that gave you a chance. And don't do it just to say you own a planet or run a faction and not do anything with it past that, just keeping them there for street cred or something equally silly.

Abigail

A
[member="Yvette Dusong"]

I wouldn't drop this faction, but my long term goals are unknown even to me at present

Don't lose what is important - fun. Keep that running through the core of the Faction and keep it rooted in the exciting backdrop of the Star Wars universe and I think anything you want is possible with the right dedication and support. I wish you well!

Abigail

A
[member="Break"]

Glad to hear it. I was a sith out of spite in the Old Republic, drawn in by the primal feeling of rage. And since I lacked that rage for ages, I will not keep to the darkest path possible... just a darker path than directly to Jedi

Abigail

A
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Yeaaaah.. I don't have much fun being tyrannical, I have honor though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom