Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a makeover

So, I've been thinking about RPing with this character again, but before I do I have a considerable problem. When I first joined this forum, I didn't pay the avatar much attention--so, naturally, I just took a pic of my SWTOR character and went about my business. I now understand though that on this forum, avatars are art, and they define who the character is. And honestly? If this is the definition of this character, he doesn't deserve to be RPed. So, I need a new look for him, but I'm not very experienced in image-finding. He's a sort of roguish character, a borderline lightside sith. Later on I intend to update his avatar to reflect a much more traditional sithy appearance, but for now I want him to seem human. So, if anybody has any ideas on what to do for the avatar, that'd be awesome.

[member="Assadar Ilrast"]

Not much of an idea or anything, but deviantArt is the place where I get most of my character playbys and I'd recommend looking if there's anything cool. If you found one, I would happily provide some editing to make you an avatar. :)

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="Assadar Ilrast"] - WELL everyone has their own ideas for Avatars, be it a real person, a computer image or drawing/painting. There is no limit except your own imagination.

If it's any help, what I do is think about the character I've made and then, being a film buff, I like to think about all my favourite films and characters and pick on I find that can represent who I've made.

That way I find an unlimited resource of images of the actor in character to use as an Av, but it also helps with the actor in various films, as you can change the image of the actor as your character progresses for example.

(Say you had a character using Ewan McGregor; he would start fresh-faced and young from 'The Phantom Menace' but as you develop him maybe, he still is the same but you can choose a different, mature look from 'Revenge Of The Sith'.)

As Asterion was a bad-ass warrior who would become Sith, I had recently watched the X-Men movies and thought Wolverine was a perfect match; wild, untamed and answers to no-one, so I used Hugh Jackman as the template with over 6 films worth of different style and looks to choose from. As you can see I've used an image from 'The Wolverine' in my Av and 'Origins' in my signature - same character, different styles.

Sorry if I'm going on, just offering my thoughts as to what could help you if you have a certain actor / film character you'd like to "represent" your character.

:)

So he's human, roguish and borderline early Sith? So that means he's a fighter, a tough-talker and self-assured and a little arrogant?

Hmm... how about the character style of, say...Christian Bale from his Batman era, or Gerard Butler from his recent action films or even Clive Owen?

That actor who has played darker, roguish characters who could represent you?

2llds1j.jpg

2h4x2fb.jpg

rkzrqh.jpg

(These are just examples of the character style you could be after of course. Once you have a character you know what you will be looking for.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom