Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navis ad astra

Exocron
Usually whenever Natalie was meeting with business associates she would be doing it on her own terms, but in this instance she was meeting with [member="Hala Jast"], owner of Jast Shipwright Co; a company she was dying to get her hands on. IMF, up until now had not really expanded into the ship building market and such a fast growing corporation would surely be of assistance to them.

Seeking out the right company was not always easy, but Jast Shipwright fit the bill. High quality products while being located on a relatively obscure planet, at least obscure to Natalie and her colleagues who had never heard of Exocron. To see the brightest star, sometimes you need to go to the shadiest places. That was true for her own company at least, some regarded Mygeeto as being a corrupt planet filled with scoundrels, but there was still some good that could be seen there. Exocron was not as similar as you would think, quite habitable for the average life form compared to Mygeeto.

Natalie approached the company's headquarters alone, awaiting whomever was supposed to meet her.

[member="Natalie LaForte"]

The headquarters were not well guarded. In fact Hala had gone the loose security route, and designed the place to look more a bar than anything else. As she approached, the doors would open and she;d be greeted by a rustic tavern looking structure inside. Flags of long lost empires and factions, pictures of famous pilots and multicolored banners hung all around. The whole place was made of carved wooden benches and chairs.

Fitting for a backwater planet.

Hala was behind the bar, serving random patrons and employees of the Company as well as doodling on her data pad the next great product. A super big cruiser with tons of guns.

She glanced up and grinned.

"Ah you must be Natalie! I got your call. C'mon in!"

Her voice was rough with a rich Corellian accent, with inflections of backwater dialect.

"Indeed, Natalie LaForte, CEO of the IMF, I'm assuming you're... Hala?"

Natalie was slightly taken aback by the accent, genuinely having difficult understanding what Hala was saying though eventually she managed to decipher the language. Corellian? She'd heard of there before, had even made a trip once or twice to meet the famous shipwrights but outside of that was lacking acquaintances with those from the planet.

"I'm sure you already read the footnote but in essence I'm looking for mutual investment opportunities for our company, along with potential sharing of technological blueprints, personnel co-operative projects in the form of cross-corporation training and placement work at IMF-Jast facilities, etc."

While this is not something she usually offered she sensed it was time for her company to begin making moves onto assisting other developers in similar industry fields for the purpose of mutual benefit.

[member="Hala Jast"]

An Alliance of shipmakers? That was something the ver did not have at the moment. Hala chewed it over, and waved to her collection of wines and treats on the bookshelf.

"Sure I'd consider it. Tell me about your Company though? What do they do? Who do they sell too and where do you see yourselves in ten years. What Can Jast Shipwrights do for you. What can you do for us?"

It was a mouthful, but she was excited. It wasn't everyday you got the chance to make a Corporate Alliance. Plus she heard word that the woman had already signed a contract with the fledgling Voss Coalition. She was fond of Colap, them both being Corellian. She had brownie points already!

"That would have been a better place to start I suppose. As already introduced, I'm Natalie LaForte, proud CEO of The IMF, Intergalactic Monetary Fund. We're and intergalactic multi-billionaire corporation aimed at improving people's lives through automation. Up to date, we have a series of droid models ranging from civilian to restricted for military use droids which are currently in use by several major influential galactic powers, such as the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Commenor Systems Alliance and the Voss Confederation; along with altruistic donations going to the Boolon Foundation."

Natalie paused to look around, moving closer to the woman.

"As you can see, our portfolio is extensive. We also deal with some shadow organisations though I'm vowed to secrecy in regards to those by means of a non-disclosure agreement." Tapping her knows in a 'hush hush' manner.

[member="Hala Jast"]

"So is IMF looking to branch out? Finance folks? Buy vessels?"

Hala offered her a drink.

"We still have orders pending for certain customers, but we can do a few more. We can sell you some of Jast Shipwright Co. Or we could consolidate Companies? I plan to have us as a major trading company in a few years time."

Natalie shook her head

"No thanks."

"I'm currently not interesting in consolidation of companies, if by that you mean merging the two. I suppose I'm more in the market of purchasing production blueprints, if that sounds alright to you. I'm still looking into expanding IMF myself, that's why I'm currently out here attempting to strike business offers with similarly developing projects."

[member="Hala Jast"]

"How about this. Jast Shipwright Co. Will pay you to produce a line of Battle Droids specifically for us. What we are looking for is base model, and then a Combat MK II model. Additionally Command Droid and Commando Droid. We'll pay you for each new model produced."

She paused.

"In return we'll give you exclusive rights to specialized ship of your choosing for design. What kind of ship are you looking for?"

"Sounds good. I'll send you some concept drafts within a week or two. As for the ship that we're looking for, I'm wanting a freighter, what it will be carrying isn't really any of my business. If that's all, then I suppose we're done here."

Natalie smiled towards [member="Hala Jast"] looking around her nervously.

"We need a size. We have Jast 1, 2, 3 and 4's. If you need something bigger, we can do that too."

• Jast 1 Freighter : Fast Small Freighter. Good for running guns, smuggling, what have you. Built in smugglers hatches that are shielded from scans. Low weapons, but the speed makes up for it. This baby can turn easy and is super modifiable. A bit rickety though, keep her tuned up!
  • Jast 2 Freighter Still Pretty fast, with a heavier load out on the armaments. Decent speed.This one is less modifiable, but can haul more cargo in her holds than the Jast 1. Holds are still lead shielded to prevent easy scanning. Sturdier, but still keep her tuned up!
  • Jast 3 Freighter: It's bigger and heavier armed. She's got a few tricks to keep folks off her back, but she's super slow. With so much weapons cargo space was cut down, but it's extra room for mods was part of the cargo hold sacrifice. As usual still has the lead shielded holds, still need to do upkeep or some things might...... Explode?
  • Jast 4 Freighter: A Heavy Freighter with little guns but tons of cargo and 3x Shields. This baby can roll through a blockade and get hit over and over. Shields holding! Definitely a must have for a Captain who likes a ship that survives and hauls, but does not care too much about his weapons options.

"The Jast 3 freighter seems about what I'm looking for. About the droids, are you looking for 4 different models in total? Didn't quite catch the specifics of that one." Smiling to [member="Hala Jast"]

Natalie would pull out a smallish datapad from somewhere in her bra line, similar to that of a phone.

"This is a standard combat droid we use, alternatively we could simply make a specialized variant with the weapons removed; in which case I must ask, what exactly are you planning to do with it?"

"That works for me. We need droids similar to the B1 Series but a little better. Regular combat Droids, a Commander droid series, and a Commando Droid series. They'll be used for ship defense as well as PMC work. I'll the engineers prep the Jast 3's right away."

"Shouldn't be an issue, that will be child's play for my concept, design and manufacturing departments compared to what we've been tasked to do recently. I'm going to say to create a baseline model upon which modular upgrades dependent on what the specific droid should be doing, eg weaponry, upgraded thought processing systems; you get the point."

Natalie looked down at the datapad once more, typing something into what appeared to be a notes section.

[member="Hala Jast"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom