Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Nations at War

Samatharis

S
GA Fleet Group Tannis
GA Medical Rendezvous Point, Ossus.
Silver Concord Space

Weeks had past since Samatharis had last traveled to Naboo. Today she was returning from Voss on a Bryn scouting expedition for the Jutrand Temple. The Masters were curious about the alien threat that was swarming over the Eastern Rim. They'd sent Sam along with a contingent of Knights to gather data about Communication Orbs the Bryn use as part of their Hive Mind. Alas, Sam had returned without a physical sample. And without one of their Jedi Knights too.

She stood looking out the massive windows of a GA Medical Frigate. She was alone and irritated by the silence. No. She wasn't injured from her last mission. But the rest of her team was. So they were getting patched up here and resupplying for a few hours before they jumped down to Kashyyyk. The Silver Capital had proper food and warm beds. They'd report back to HQ from there.

She was deep in thought when the hallway door opened behind her and she felt a presence she immediately recognized.

"Back from the front. Or you just heading out there now?"

Samatharis turned and greeted Corporal Basil Giles with a smile. She was wearing a long heavy cloak. Dyed midnight black with a large fur hood around her shoulders. It covered her whole body completely and brushed against the floor as she turned. She didn't look like a traveler today. Oh no. Today, she looked like something far more mysterious.

She smiled as Basil entered the observation deck. Though, to be honest. She was kinda surprised he wasn't quite dead yet. Heh.

Therax Milbon Therax Milbon

Therax Milbon

Just a man with a Lightsaber and a few questions
It was a good thing that Basil wasn't part of the attacking force at Ziost, he'd heard that it was going to get bloody as the Galactic Alliance continued to push back against the Sith in the Stygian Campaign. Instead Basil was assigned to the planet Ossus located in the peaceful areas of the Silver Jedi much to his relief, the young man was dressed in his typical Army uniform much as he stared at space. It had been weeks since he last saw Samatharis and her words still lingered, Basil sighed what did Samatharis know what a man was? Probably plenty considering she slept with many men better than Basil was. What use was Basil? He thrusted in a situation that he did not want. All Basil wanted was to finish his education and spend the rest of his life working with computers and maybe opening a comic store. But his Dad, his strict Dad forced Basil to join the military or he was going to cut his funding for school.

In hindsight, Basil should've just left and endured being disowned. He would've had freedom but it would've made his Mom sad. The young man was still staring out at the window before he was interrupted a familiar beautiful woman. "Samatharis?!" Basil's heart began to beat at what felt to be 1000 bpm. He felt a loss of balance and wanted to throw up but he nonetheless tried to maintain his discipline or at least dignity but it seemed it wasn't working. "I-I'm not at the front thank the force!" Basil laughed nervously. "But I'm heading to another peaceful front! H-How are you Samatharis kicked some Sith butt lately?!"

Basil maintained neither discipline nor dignity, he wondered if Samatharis hated him already.

Last edited:

Samatharis

S
Dork.

She smiled. Yep. Same old Basil.

"Nah. Bryn butt. Other way."
She smirked and pointed G-East. The crab empire was that'a way. "Other than that. I'm good. Staying busy."

She turned back to the window and continued to peer out into space. Something else was lingering on her mind. Yet, she spoke calmly and friendly none-the-less.

"Mm. My team and I are heading back to Kashyyyk for debrief later today. Then back home for some RnR. I'll be good to be back home after so much traveling. Galaxies a bit muddy these days out here. Too many fleets for my taste. Too much war and suffering."

She pursed her lips and nodded to the glass. Too much suffering indeed.

Then Samatharis waved away the darkening thought and turned her head back to Giles.

"So... No major war front for you eh? Hmph. Hard to believe. Unless? Did, Senator Giles arrange for that too? Or, did you request a nursing post or something?"

She asked nonchalantly. As if it was common question to ask a young Corporal these days and not-at-all personal to a fault. Ha. Almost as if she knew it would set him off on a tirade.

Pfft. Poor sod.

Same old Basil.

Therax Milbon

Basil expected Samatharis to be sassy towards him but instead she sounded playful and cordial which threw him off guard. Gulping Basil leaned on the railing staring at the stars ahead of him. "That's great," Basil said wanting to show Samatharis respect, he wanted to at least take advantage whatever good will she has with him. Basil can already tell that Samatharis thinks of him as a dork which was pretty much true, he was kinda of a dork. "Tell me about it," Basil replied leaning his head against the glass. "I hate war, I've seen too many videos of civilians being maimed by orbital strikes sent by the Galactic Alliance and the Sith Empire, their homes being taken away from conquests and soldiers dying pointlessly just to hold off a land that they never touched foot in."

The young man never wanted to anywhere near battle, if war made one a man then he much rather be a boy. The Galactic Alliance claims to be a shining beacon of hope but at times they prove to be no better than the Sith Empire. "I mean I've seen hidden footage," Basil wondered if he should tell Samatharis about what he found yesterday. Would she sell him out to his commanders? "There Shocktroopers killing children in the Sith Academy..... just slaughtering them casually as if they were just another enemy."

Basil frowned, he only found that video yesterday and was appalled by what he what he witnessed. "My Dad doesn't care about me," he said. "If anything he would send me out in the frontlines and have me slaughter children like those soldiers did. No my unit is just patrolling for any signs of Sith activity but most of them are occupied by the NIO and GA."

Samatharis

S
Sam mirrored Basil's frown. Half-listening, half thinking about her own men in the sick bay. She didn't care about GA war crimes or slaughtering babies today. That happened plenty in Sith space even during the best of times. War, or no war. It was just a custom of slavers, mind-washers, and cultures who supported blood sacrifice. It was common. No. War crimes didn't cause Sam to blush anymore. Not since she was twelve. No. These days, It was the soul rending that really made Sam sad. Denying a spirit any chance at an afterlife? Killing a man and trapping his soul. Ugh. Now that, was cruel. And the worst part was? It wasn't going away anytime soon. You could crush ever new Sith empire for the next thousand years and they'd still remember the rituals. Still just keep coming back. Again, and again, and again. Just like the Jedi. Just like the Stormtroopers. Just like the Faction Wars.

It was all, never ending.

Sam turned to give a slight nod at Basil's woe. He was right to hate war. But he was wrong to hate his father.

"Ya know. Your dad has a point though. And it is wrong for you judge good men badly."

She turned to look back out the window.

"Look around you. Inside this frigate are dozens of wounded men. Good, wounded men. Men who gave a sacrifice for the right cause. They were strong, and brave, and courageous, and wielded a potent weapon in defense of everything that they loved and judged good in this world. These soldiers who you would condemn for being men, just like your father. You would do them all a great evil."

She turned to look back at him.

"Would you judge these good men fools too, Basil Giles? Would you let your hatred of your father poison you against these best of humanity? Would you let your own darkness corrupt you too?"

There was a strange tint to her words now. She wasn't a model now. She wasn't a soldier. When she spoke of corruption and the soul? When she wore that black cloak and stared into the darkness of space? She sounded more like a Jedi, than a woman.

And she let the silence linger upon her words.

Therax Milbon

Basil craned his head towards Samatharis continuing to frown for the first time since they met Basil was no longer blushing nor was his stomach felt like it was going upside down. Right now all Basil felt was anger towards Samatharis, why was she constantly defending his Dad? If she knew him then she wouldn't be saying those words. "These soldiers are great men and women I do not deny that." Basil growled. "I'll always honor them, I'm more angry at this system that constantly sacrifices them just the Galactic Alliance can gain one planet."

The young man shook his head. "Is it really just men being men when you're killing children Samatharis?" he said. "Those Shocktroopers were just merciless Battle Droids following orders. I think the Galactic Alliance soldiers overall are great people even if they do call me a human meat shield but there's a line that one shouldn't cross. What are we if we're just machines just following orders?"

Basil head turned to the stars. "You don't know my father," he said coldly. "He'd gladly kill many civilians just to kill one terrorist. He sees me as nothing more than a tool so he relive his glory days in the military."

Samatharis

S
Still droning on about his dad.

Sam gave a nod to the window. Remembering that it was a choice to hate somebody. And that Basil was free to hate his father for as long as he would like. Even it meant consuming himself completely. It was still a choice.

"Ya know. I was free of my father when I joined the Academy on Rulon. I was twelve years old. Didn't speak to him again for two years. And by then, I was already planning my higher education without him."

She turned to look back out the window.

"But what about you Basil? When will you decide to be free of your father. Is it... Money? Distance? Or just the left over anxiety and coping mechanisms at this point?"

She turned to give him a pitying look. He seemed so small right now. So frail.

"What is, hmm? Why stay locked in this never ending orbit. Torturing yourself like this?"

He'd mentioned it was blackmail before. Money for school. Past crimes against VCRs. Maybe he stole his dad's ship once and while. Pfft. Kiddy stuff. Tiny and insignificant. But now. Here he was. On the far side of the galaxy. Just a stones throw from the Great Wars front line. Millions fighting for survival. Surrounded by the dead and wounded of war. Standing before a Jedi Knight. And in the middle of it all. He was still cursing his father's name and the GA. As if any of that even mattered anymore. As if Basil Giles' was the center of the whole universe.

Hmph. Samatharis turned to look back out the great big windows of that giant ship and sighed. I guess. Well, I guess she was feeling kind of small herself. Right about now.

Therax Milbon

Basil sighed remembering the abuse he took from his father over not being the son that he wanted him to be. He hated it the fact that his father couldn't see him for who he is as a person but there was a small part that of him that wanted his acceptance. "I don't know Samatharis ," he replied. "I just want his approval but I'm not the son that he wants me to be."

He doesn't understand why a Jedi Knight would be so concerned with a geek like him. It wasn't like Samathrais particularly liked him, "I wanted to carve out my own path." he said. "But not at the cost of being disowned by my family."

Samatharis

S
Sam didn't budge,

"What's so wrong about being disowned?"

She meant it too.

What was guardianship if it was abusive? What was love if it wasn't returned? What was being twenty years old, with your own life, and your own job, and your own money, and still holding onto something that never served you, truthfully. Truthfully, served you. The real you.

No. Cut the cord. Cut everything. Let the past die.

Or don't.

But don't stay a shadow forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Therax Milbon

"What?"

Yet even after he poured his heart out to the first person who seemed willing to listen, she just answered with: "What's wrong with being disowned?"

Basil shot venom at Samatharis. "TO HELL WITH YOU!" he roared. "I don't need people like you who think I'm a hopeless cause. But you know what Samatharis?! My father flat out said that if I don't join the military than he would grab an assassin and kill me or that he would shoot me like the Pig that I was! It was either the military or death! Because I'm supposed to be a man but I'm not and I don't know who to turn to! But it's not you Samatharis! I thought you were a good person but you're not! You fracking hate me!"

And with that Basil turned on his heel and was about to leave.

Last edited:

Samatharis

S
Sam's eyes gasped with a sudden hurt and a pang of compassion.

"Wait! Basil!"

She turned and tried to reach out to him. But he was already beyond her. Almost to the door.

"I don't think you're hopeless." She whispered quietly.

Her were eyes softer now. Seeing more. Understanding more. Feeling everything. She took a deep breath and calmed herself. Understanding his rage. Understanding his pain. Letting him feel it too. Letting it pass through him. Rush between them. Churn and boil and then, maybe slowly, diminish back into the present. Remembering. Quietly. That it couldn't last forever.

"I'm sorry Basil." She stood up straighter now. Just above a whisper. "I'm... Just, so sorry."

She turned to feel the Force. To feel the men in the next room too. Sensing all of the pain and hurt in this place. Sensing all of them. Sensing her own team. Sensing their resolve and their unwavering calm. Sensing their training and the light of their spirit too. She felt so small among so much suffering and death. Being a Jedi meant feeling things that other people often don't feel. Things that other people don't want to feel. Yet, feeling them so, so much stronger than most people do too. Sam felt that way now. Small and alone. She didn't know what Basil was going through. She'd never lost or been hurt by a parent. But.

She knew right now. Everybody was hurting from something.

Anyway. If he didn't want to talk. She'd understand. Sometimes. Well, sometimes even Knights and soldiers needed a moment. Just to work things through.

Therax Milbon

Basil had his hand on the door pad when he heard Samatharis say that she didn't think that he was hopeless. "What?" he said that word again but this time it was more out of confusion and surprise. "But Samatharis," Basil turned around his eyes still red with tears faced the distraught Jedi Knight. It was the first time that someone, anyone aside from his mother had said that Basil wasn't hopeless. For a moment all of the rage dissipated from his body like similar to how the Black Ooze in Jump man was being melted away by the light.

"I thought you-" Basil wanted to rant and curse her out but he struggled to muster his fading anger. Right now he felt like that little boy begging his father to stop pushing him, enduring his insults. "Samatharis," Basil breathed. "Why does he hate me?"

Samatharis

S
She seemed lost and far away. But she turned to Basil with soft eyes and shrugged.

"I don't know."

Then Sam turned her eyes to the wall. She received a telepathic from her team and gave nod. Then replied telepathically and looked back to Basil. It was almost time to go.

"I'm sorry Basil. My team says they are about ready to leave. I have to go."

She gave a nod and looked down at the floor. Thinking for a moment. Then looking back up at him.

"But. Well. ...I guess. Good luck out there Corporal."

She gave a faint smile.

"Stay alive, yeah."

Then she gave another invisible nod to her team. Time to move out.

Therax Milbon

" Samatharis wait!"

Basil ran after the Jedi Knight his heart filled with guilt and shame. "I shouldn't put it all on you! I just feel lost but at the end of the day he's my Dad and I have to deal with this on my own you know. The fact that you were the first person to listen means a lot to me Samatharis. There are very few people who don't think that I'm worthless and you really put some context into things."

The young man sighed. "I'm just glad that at least you were able to empathize," he said. "And if you have any problems Samatharis I'll do my best to help you as well. Thank you once again."

Samatharis

S
His response caused her to raise and eyebrow. It was sudden. But a good sign too. So she just smiled and nodded alike,

"Sure. And hey. May the Force be with you."

Then she gave a quick salute and let the doors close behind her. She off to her war. He off to his. Letting destiny take the wheel once again. Where only Chaos reigned supreme.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom