Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nano Augmentations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davion Khan

I AM INQUISITION!
Intent
Partially, to expand upon a stub on wookieepedia and give it a larger sense of place in the Star Wars universe. Partially to increase non Force-User abilities in combat with other NFUs and even Force Users.
IT IS NOT THE INTENT OF MY SELF TO CREATE INVINCIBLE CHARACTERS.

Development Thread
I can do this, if you require. Let me know.
I think that if someone wants to modify their character, they have to write a thread saying exactly which upgrades they receive, a potentially life-threatening side-effect they have as a result (experimental technology), and link that to their bio.

Hero Unit
Well, perhaps this should be limited to Player Characters than NPCs. Only if the administrators feel this might unbalance combat interactions.

Manufacturer
At this time, one crazy scientist in a lab. However, over time, naturally, the technology gets stolen and reproduced with various incarnations.

Models
At this time, only one. Experimental tech ATM, but will develop over time.

Modularity
Many different models, and can be upgraded. However, NANOAUGMENTATIONS CANNOT BE REMOVED ONCE INSTALLED.

Production
ATM, unique. Over time, minor and then mass-produced.

Materials
Trae amounts of various alloys of metals, but primarily nano-level hydrocarbon solid formations and ceramics.

Description
I know this may sound very Video-Gamey, and is obviously appropriated from multiple sources. But given the decided lack of canon in this area, I feel it is justified. Read through, please. To me, the upgrades (and the limitations) are very balanced. Obviously energy costs rely upon the maturity of the writer, but the intent is simply to allow a 1-2post maximum for the use of abilities at their extremes. Passive boosts to strength, speed, etc... are supposed to be similar to those expected of Force Users (ie it is not expected of them to write getting fatigued about moving quickly or jumping very high unless they write it to extremes).
Each body part may be modified.

Arms (1 aug)
Strength Enhancement (can carry more things, hit harder, punch through walls, lift really heavy objects)
OR
Nano Claws (generate non-eutactic claw blades from the hands (Wolverine style) and single blades from the elbows (Deus Ex 3 style), which are made of pure nanomechanical machines (on command, and not necessarily at the same time). These machines have iron rods in the carbon framework of the nanites (electromagnetically manipulated microscopic scanners, cleaners, and hammers) which continuously move over the surface of the blade, dynamically forging it on command.) Nano Claws have the ability to deflect and resist Lightsaber Technology, and reforge themselves.
Energy Use
Strength Enhancement: only when doing strenuous things, like hitting through walls, throwing and lifting EXTREMELY heavy objects. Otherwise, a passive skill with no energy charge. User takes physical damage from straining when hitting through walls and throwing/lifting EXTREMELY heavy objects.
Nano Claws: only when forging and reforging the blades.

Legs (1 aug)
Speed/Jump Enhancement (Sprint as fast as a speedbike when necessarily, but normally be able to run at a speed of 8s/100m. Normal jumps include the ability to Matrix jump. In a pinch, be able "to leap tall buildings in a single bound")
or
Combat Strength Enhancement (Kick through... almost anything. Beskar Armour even. Dents starship hull.)
Energy Use
Speed/Jump enhancement: Sprinting at vehicle speeds drains energy rapidly. Normally no energy drain from running. Jumping buildings drains all energy. Normal Matrix jumps, no energy drain. Landing from jumps damages body.
Combat Strength: None. I mean, it's like doing Leg Day permanently. However, without a Skeletal upgrade, the user can damage the bones in their legs or feet.

Subdermal (2 Augs)
Thermal Transparency (Render the user invisible to all electronic detection systems. E.g: droids, security systems, thermal goggles, radar, et...)
and/or
Ballistic Protection (Passive dermal and epidermal bullet and blade protection)
and/or
Directional Energy Blast (Dump all energy into the skin and shoots out of the users hands (NFU Force-Lightning equivalent). Burns out all electronics in the area of impact [EMP effect] and vaporises enemies/electricutes organics)
and/or
Taozin Shielding: Nanobots create Taozin skin over the body. Blaster weapons and Lightsabers defract/lose coherency upon impact and the user has no Force signature. But he looks very freaky (so not for the stealthy minded), and solid rounds pretty are unaffected, and so are material blades.
Energy Use
Thermal Transparency: Very High when moving. Can be used sparingly, and probably only when in a pinch. Otherwise pretty low if standing still or moving very slowly.
Ballistic Proctection: None. Can stop non-energised blades, even vibro weapons, and any solid-round impacts, and even explosive impacts and fragmentary impacts. However, this only stops physical damage, not the force behind the blast or the weapon. Can still break bones. Useless against blasters or lightsabers.
Energy Blast: Total. Also requires a 1 post reboot of systems after use.
Taozin Shielding: None. But if the Force User carries a normal sword, then you're stuffed.

Torso (2 Augs)
Aqualung: Hold your breath forever. Seriously. Not going to make a fart joke.
Enviromental Resistance: Gas attacks, electrical damage, radiation poisoning, poisoning in general, fire damage: does nothing. Smile as you walk through someone else's farts... dammit, I couldn't help myself.
Power Recirculator: Energy Costs of all augs are reduced to half. Nifty, eh?
Energy Shielding: Nanobots project a energy shield all over your body (Halo style). Energy weapons do nothing to you until shield depletes (after a reasonable amount of damage). Lightsabers can be resisted for a time (not like Halo.. damn energy swords).
Energy Use
Aqualung: none
Environmental Resistance: None. Except when resisting Sith Lightning or a spell from one of the Shapers (to make it fair.) Then can only be sustained for a "reasonable" amount of time.
Power Recirculator: You're kidding, right?
Energy Shielding: None unless regenerating the shield. And also against Lightsabers. Shielding can be reinforced by using Energy, but that naturally means other augmentations may be forfeit once energy runs out.

Cranial (1 aug)
Aggressive Defence System: Targets and detonates missiles, grenades and mines a safe distance from you.
Cloak: Cannot be seen in the visual spectrum.
Energy Use
Aggressive Defence System: None
Cloak: See Thermal Transparency.
Eyes
Vision Enhancement: Eyes have an integral Zoom function and Dual Band (Thermal/NVG) sighting.
LADAR Emitters: Eyes emit tiny lasers which beam out around the user for a long duration, before returning. Gives the ability for the user to "see through" walls, if air can get in the room nearby, as well as see mines, tripwires, and people in the vicinity. Like the thing in Batman: The Dark Knight (except not sonar), and in Deus Ex.

Skeleton (1 aug)
Bone Density upgrade: No fall damage. In conjunction with Leg and/or Arm Strength enhancements means no physical damage when doing extreme things. No broken bones, ever. Even when getting hit by explosives or by powerful forces, skeleton won't break. Can use power-armour much more easily.
Power Recirculator: Energy costs reduced by half. Stacks with Torso upgrade. (Energy Costs reduced to a quarter)

Built-in
Synthetic Heart Booster: Increased blood flow. Naturally able to run a bit faster and for longer periods. Basically a minor endurance upgrade.
Regeneration: Passive regeneration out of combat. Can be used actively, but drains energy VERY fast.
Light: Can generate light in a few different spectrums from the eyes. IE: Infra-red, visual spectrum, and ultra-violet.
Neural Interface: Basically a miniture datapad in the cranium. Can access the holonet with it, and communicate with radios, etc with it.

Class-specific Augmentations
When picking augmentations, the PC is allowed to choose a class, or not to. Classes have specific abilities which complement them, but also have specific weaknesses.
Soldier
Drop Shield and EMP Shielding.
Soldiers are immune to EMP blasts and have the ability to create a shield bubble which can take sustained small-arms fire (not heavier weapons and weapon blasts), but which also contains the blasts of explosives within it. Firing a weapon inside a drop shield can result in ricochets. Health Regeneration also increases dramatically inside the shield. Lightsabers can disrupt the coherency of the shields and large objects (people, droids) can pass through the shield without incident.
Weaknesses
Soldiers are inept at hacking and sneaking, and their mental capabilities are only good in tactical situations in which their lives are threatened and their enemies are obvious. Sneaking, political machinations, and lateral thinking (in non-combat situations) are not areas of strength. Energy costs for things like Cloak and Thermal Transparency are doubled.
Infiltrator
Run Silent and Hack/Bypass Modules for Neural Interface.
Infiltrators are capable of moving completely silently, even while running, but doing so while sprinting (with Speed Enhancement) costs energy. Infiltrators can hack anything electronic. It takes time, but they can do it. This is the equivalent to the best slicer's abilties, but perhaps faster because they are doing it at the speed of thought.
Weaknesses
Think Splinter Cell. Infiltrators are very good at hand-to-hand combat and sneaking around knifing people in the back. Stand-up fights are not their thing however. Combat augmentations, like Energy Shielding, Taozin Shielding, Combat Strength, and Aggressive Defence System, are either off limits or have a highly prohibitive energy cost. Ballistic Protection is not affected in Energy Costs, but is limited only to protecting against swords and blades in hand-to-hand combat.

REGENERATING ENERGY
A PC can regenerate energy by eating high-carb foods, drinking/eating sources of glucose/sugars, and draining batteries. Maybe even by putting their fingers into wall sockets.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
This is way too much, and against precedence that I've seen us as judges use, and it is also just yeah... Denied.

Feel free to second chance this if you want. It was well thought out, but I maintain that it isn't consistent with this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom