Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naming Convention

Yeah, the issue of "protectorate" being associated with Omega Pyre is one of those things you're not going to be able to avoid. The new Commonwealth faction had to go for a synonym to avoid being just another callback to OP.

Naming the faction after a single planet isn't a terrible idea, if the planet is far enough away from existing major factions. As proven by the recent Sith rebellion, rebellions do work, so as long as it isn't picked up as a capital world by an emerging new faction, you can feasibly still grab it as you go major, provided you're willing to do the work.

Anyway. I have no valuable input. Factions aren't really my area of expertise.

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Niysha"]
Tython is right near to Coruscant so I anticipate the GA grabbing it for their Jedi.

I dunno. I like the word Protectorate in the name, but the association with OP is going to be an issue.

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Niysha"]
I think the idea was that we are returning to what came before by bringing both sides together again.

Followers would be likely to still focus too much on the Force. Sounds more like a cult/order.

We could go the route of Omega Pyre and not have the style of government listed at all. Just a couple words that exemplify who we are.

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"]
I agree. I don't want to use this because of the GR, but something like The Galactic Reformation. Except a different word that doesn't refer to a galaxy or system or planet.

The Ternion Reformation?
The Tripartite Reformation?
The Unity Reformation?

Both ternion and tripartite reference the integral structure of three.

For those interested, we have decided on the following name:

The Ashla Reformation

Ashla has two meanings. 1) It is one of the moons of Tython. 2) More importantly, it is another word for the Force itself, as used by the Lasat, and in their meaning translates to "The spirit of the Galaxy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom