Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Naile'ginklas (Fear 'Bomb')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naile'ginklas
Ad52sQS.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a minor Sith artifact as a gift for Darth Metus
  • Image Source: Bendory Design
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Naile'ginklas
  • Manufacturer: @Er'in Tenel, The Crystal Forge
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Semi-Unique (Maximum of 10 characters)
  • Material: Bronze, Crystal
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Artifact
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
Strengths:
  • Can absorb one single use of any fear-related Force power, preventing the power affecting the holder.
  • Can discharge that power like a 'grenade' when thrown against a hard surface.
  • Sith Alchemy: It's tougher than it looks, despite being made of bronze it is as resistant to damage as durasteel.
Weaknesses:
  • Slow reload. There is no way round the charging and discharging cycle.
  • Can only absorb up to Master-level powers. Higher level effects will likely be absorbed, but will destroy Naile'ginklas.
  • Not reflexive - to use it defensively, the user must have it in hand.
  • Connected to the Force: It draws on the Force for its power. If it is removed from the presence of the Force (By ysalamiri, voidstone, etc) the device will become useless.
  • Harmed by the light: Like all Sith Alchemy, it can be damaged or even outright destroyed by direct applications of Force Light.

DESCRIPTION
Created as a thought experiement and gift for her Master, Darth Metus by Er'in Tenel Naile'ginklas is a roughly fist-sized scaled bronze sphere, carved with Sith runes and symbolism.

When in it's inert state Naile'ginklas's scales stand extended, explosing vents to the 'core' of the device where a small crystal rests. When activated in this state it essentially tricks the Force and pulls any fear-based Force power used at (or by) its user into the crystal, at which point the scales slam shut and the device becomes mildly warm to the touch.

When thrown against a hard surface (or a soft surface with sufficient velocity) the device 'detonates', the scales snapping open and releasing the stored effect, which immediately effects the nearest valid target or the area around Naile'ginklas, depending on the nature of the stored effect.

While not inherently corrupting, the use of this device by anyone but a dark sider may well be the first tiny step on a slippery slope.

[member="Haytham Kaze"] - I've updated the item to make it Closed Market and Semi-Unique, rather than Unique. So that I can make a few available to interested parties / generate RP. Given it's a relatively minor item hopefully this won't be an issue, but do let me know so I can change it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom