Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Myrium Okar's Dark Forge Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
sword_of_war_by_stefanmarius_drudng-pre.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create the primary weapon for Myrium Okar
  • Image Source: Image Link
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sword
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Dark Forged: Created from the Dark Forge, this blade has an innate resistance to the force, offering the wielder limited protection from force related abilities. The blade is nearly immune to force disarming attacks, with the user finding they cannot grasp the sword itself using the force and offers marginal protection against directed force energy attacks, such as force lightning.
STRENGTHS
  • Resistant: Made from songsteel, this blade is highly resistant to lightsabers and other bladed weaponry.
  • Light: The entirety of the blade is made from Songsteel, giving it an extremely lightweight for its size.
  • Dark Forged: Created from the Dark Forge, this blade has an innate resistance to the force, offering the wielder limited protection from force related abilities.
WEAKNESSES
  • Deflection: Unlike lightsabers, this sword is not able to deflect blaster shots aimed at it, forcing Myrium to avoid incoming shots rather than return or deflect them.
  • Maintenence: Myrium must do regular work to keep the blade in perfect condition, as extended amounts of combat could potentially dull the blade, or shatter it if it has suffered enough damage.
  • Heat: Made entirely from metal, this sword runs to risk of potentially being melted at extreme heat levels. Lower levels of heat will also linger and heat up the blade itself, making it difficult to hold and use.
  • Void: In areas affected by force nullifying effects, this sword loses its effects gained from the Dark Forge, becoming a slightly more standard blade.
DESCRIPTION
Following the discovery of the new potential the Dark Forge offered, Myrium was the first to forge a blade within the depths of the Sanctum of Shadows. Songsteel was secured from an offsite location and brought to the Dark Forge, where Myrium began the slow process of crafting his first personal weapon. It took him nearly three weeks of continuous work and minute alterations, but eventually, the blade was forged and ready for use.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Myrium Okar Myrium Okar

Hey there, sword sub. Neat.

Manufacturer: Myrium Okar
Affiliation: Myrium Okar
Please hyperlink your character biography in these two fields.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Dark Forged: Created from the Dark Forge, this blade has an innate resistance to the force, offering the wielder limited protection from force related abilities.
As this is also a strength, please can you list it there accordingly. Also... How exactly does it have this ability to protect the wielder from the machinations of the force? What are the limitations? These both will need to be answered before I can approve this submission.

Please tag me when you have addressed the above.

Runi Verin

Myrium Okar Myrium Okar

From that description, I'm assuming the Dark Forge is a Nexus of some sort, with the blades produced being similar to the Jal Shey Imbuement/Sith Alchemy. That's currently the only way you'd be able to get your desired effect without incorporating a force dampening material (Void Stone) in its construction.

Obviously, with Void Sone, you would dampen the force abilities of the wearer immensely if you took that route and that'd need to be reflected in the weaknesses.

If this is force imbued/alchemised on the other hand, I'd have to ask you to incorporate a weakness around the affects of aforementioned dampening materials and force nullification (e.g. Ysalamiri).

Dealer's choice on that front.

The Dark Forge is a Force Nexus and does give the effects, but I am confused by what you mean by the lizards. I do not see a weakness described or suggested in that link, so I am unsure what kind of weakness to add. Am I just completely missing it?

What would you suggest?

Runi Verin Runi Verin

Runi Verin

Myrium Okar Myrium Okar

Imbued/alchemized objects have their force related abilities negated or hampered by Ysalamiri and Void Stone. A quick and ready example of this drawn from another submission:

Force Null: Areas of force nullification and force dampening, such as those created by ysalamiri and void stone, reduce these knuckledusters to just that. Knuckledusters.

Simply put, in such fields, your sword would just become a normal, if very well-made songsteel sword with no other advantages going for it. That just needs to be referenced in the submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom