Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Mynkir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Images: https://www.walldevil.com/16494-anime-clouds-fantasy-art-godzilla-green-tea-monsters-stars.html
33xf210.jpg

Name: Mynkir
Designation: non-sentient
Homeworld: Glyss
Language: N/A
Average height of adults: 10 meters
Skin color: Icy-Blue, Red, Orange
Hair color: N/A
Breathes: Type 1

Strengths:

• Speed: Even with its great size the Mynkir is capable of crossing distances quickly with incredibly long strides.

• Scales: The scales that covers a Mynkir’s back are sturdy enough to take shots from blasterbolts and even deflect slugthrower rounds.

Weaknesses:

• Cannibalistic: Due to not many other creatures being big enough to sate a Mynkir’s hunger they turn to feasting on each other which in turn keeps their population from growing significantly.

• Eyesight: Mynkir have trouble discerning two-dimensional images and often times will attack shadows.

• Underbelly: A Mynkir’s underbelly lacks scales unlike the rest of its body and is a prime spot to attack the creature as a blaster bolt can easily penetrate it.

• Neck: On each side of the Mynkir’s neck are pieces of exposed nerves that when shot can severely wound the Mynkir.

Distinctions:

• Dense scales

• Extremely long tail

• Tridactyl feet

• Two rows of sharpened teeth

• Exposed nerve clusters along neck.

Average Lifespan: Up to 150 years
Races: N/A
Estimated Population: 200,000
Diet:
Carnivorous

• Humans

• Duxalo

• Mynkir

Communication:

• Roars

• Howls
Culture: Despite being massively feared by the populace of Wynona the Mynkir are thought of as magnificent creatures that are told in bedtime stories to the young. It is not to rare to see a city use controlled or domesticated Mynkir as guardians. Their strength is often likened to the planet Wynona and fits the mentality that only the strong can survive.

Technology level: N/A
General behavior: Mynkir are natural lone hunters often times wandering off on their own. For more than two to be seen together peacefully was a rare occurrence. Rarely did they settle down to breed, and when they did the parents would go their separate ways or devouring each other. Often times leaving the pups to fend for themselves and grow on their own.

Mynkir do not settle in one place for long often traveling all day and only resting at night which has allowed the species to spread all across Wynona. However the Mynkir have shown a tendency to be attracted to shiny objects such as crystals, gems, or shiny metals and can be found hording them on rare occasions. Domesticated Mynkir are different from their kin in many ways, as they were birthed near the city they defend and since birth were trained to be protectors of the people. They are not vicious like their more primal brethren and are seen as relatively peaceful except for when one tries to remove its scales.

History: Mynkir are a species that can only be found in the Aradia system, and encounters with them have went back to when the worlds were first colonized by the immigrant Omawi, and Dathomirians. It wasn’t to long after they had first begun building a village on Wynona before a lone Mynkir stumbled upon the unfinished village. Seeing the occupants as nothing more than a meal the Mynkir terrorized the village cutting the initial numbers down drastically. With no way to defend themselves the citizens began to flee before the behemoth, however among them was one past Nightsister. A women that had left her planet out of fear and had no intentions of leaving another out of such emotions. Controlling the beast with her magic the women forced the beast to obey her commands which ended up being the first of domesticated Mynkir. During the war against the Zerith they played a pivitol roll as war beasts for the original colonizers of the planet.

Notable Player-Characters: N/A
Intent: To create a native fauna for the planets of the Aradia system to give it more life and a unique feel.

[member="Vithar Seth"]

Hello and welcome to Codex. I'll be your judge on this one. Let's get to it!

First off, and my main issue with this submission: the balance between strength and weaknesses shown here is not acceptable. It seems like you want it all. They have great strength, great speed, and on top of that excellent protective scales. I want you to pick one and focus on that.

Vithar Seth said:
Scales: The scales that covers a Mynkir’s back are sturdy enough to take shots from blasterbolts and even deflect slugthrower rounds. It is thought it could even possibly be lightsaber resistant.
I want you to scale down this by removing that last sentence (marked in bold). Sentences like “it is thought that it could even possibly be” will not hold in Codex. All of the species’ attributes should be laid out in clear sight. Further, I don’t want to open for scale harvesting of these creatures for lightsaber resistant armour, as there are already a sufficient amount of restricted materials that serve that purpose.

Vithar Seth said:
Telepathy: The creatures are mentally inferior to most and are able to be controlled by telepaths or users of the force.
This isn’t really a weakness. It is a weakness for the species, but for just about anyone else with access to the Mynkir and the Force, it is an immense strength. This combined with the species’ strengths and size becomes a combination I cannot accept. Please remove this. I want to add that this is not to say they cannot be controlled by telepaths, but it should not be a cakewalk, and it should require necessary practice.

I would recommend removing telepathy and replace it with lacking physical strength. It seems more likely that this species would focus on the sharpness of their claws and fangs, rather than smashing through buildings. As a bonus, this offers an interesting counter-balance towards the Duxalo, who focuses on strength but lacks speed.

Vithar Seth said:
Average height of adults: 75 meters
This is immensely huge. Especially in light of their great strengths and how easily they can be controlled, this needs to come down.

Vithar Seth said:
Estimated Population: 600,000
I want this to come down as well. It does not seem consistent with the cannibalistic weakness and what you write under general behaviour:

Vithar Seth said:
Cannibalistic: Due to not many other creatures being big enough to sate a Mynkir’s hunger they turn to feasting on each other which in turn keeps their population from growing significantly.
Vithar Seth said:
. For more than two to be seen together peacefully was a rare occurrence. Rarely did they settle down to breed, and when they did the parents would go their separate ways or devouring each other. Often times leaving the pups to fend for themselves and grow on their own.
Thanks

[member="Vithar Seth"]

I think you've got "height" and "length" mixed up here. The average length of a krayt dragon is 45 meters, its height shouldn't get anywhere near that. They are large creatures, sure, but not the height of the Statue of Liberty. Even rancors are only 5 meters tall on average. You can comfortably cut the current height (45 m) in half, and it will still be taller than the Sauroposeidon, which is believed to have been the largest of the dinosaurs. I am sure you can see why I'd hesitate to let loose 200,000 of these guys.

I don't really see a reason for them to have this immense height. I want the height to come down considerably. Otherwise it looks good.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom