Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private My Oath, My Vow... [Valery]

6JlRSSI.png

CORUSCANT
JEDI TEMPLE, JEDI COUNCIL CHAMBERS

white.png

Valery Noble Valery Noble

The Jedi Council Chamber on Coruscant stood as a hallowed space, bathed in the gentle glow of holoprojectors that cast an ethereal light upon the polished stone walls. The air was filled with a soft static -- the metaphysical imprint of every Jedi that came through these chambers; the room exuded the essence of centuries of Jedi wisdom and camaraderie.

Romi Jade, adorned in a cream tunic cut at the shoulders, with slit that went down her arm and dark colored pants, paced the vastness of the chamber that seemed to echo with the whispers of the Force, a melodic hum that underscored the gravity of their conversation. She sauntered over to a secluded corner, the air shifted, and the ambient sounds of the bustling nightlife of Coruscant was a distant murmur. The tall archways framed the contemplative Jade against the backdrop of the Council's central dais, adorned with holographic depictions of the galaxy's history.

Romi, her features etched with a mix of sorrow and determination, took a moment to absorb the surroundings. The holographic displays flickered in a cadence, and the polished floor reflected the shimmering images, creating an almost surreal ambiance...though the images were distorted in their reflections, it seemed to mirror the uncertainty that clouded her mind.

She inhaled, her chest expanded and fell in succession.

She waited.

Last edited:

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43_1.jpg

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Romi Jade Romi Jade

The turbolift came to a stop within the chambers with a gentle hiss, and Valery stepped forward. Her fiery gaze shifted around the room, and only settled on Coruscant's skyline for a short moment, before it found her old friend. Romi Jade had been among the first Jedi Valery met post-stasis, and been a close friend ever since. Together, they had done so much on Ossus for many years, and when Romi had joined the NJO, Valery felt like the gears were all turning in the right direction.

The Jedi felt at their strongest.

Recent events, however, have shaken that up, and Valery knew it was something the two of them needed to discuss together. Both as friends, and as fellow Jedi.

"Romi," Valery began a little more carefully than usual. This time, Valery wasn't there for an immediate hug, but kept some distance while she tried to gauge how her friend was doing. "How are you holding up?" She asked with a sincere, warm smile. No matte what happened, it would take Romi becoming a Sith Emperor before Valery would ever lose her faith in the woman. So, even now, there was no doubt that Valery still looked at her as a close friend.

A friend who she trusted her life, and the lives of her family to.

6JlRSSI.png

CORUSCANT

white.png

As Valery entered the Chamber, her steps echoed against the polished floor, a sound that resonated through the solemn space. Romi, standing near the central dais, turned to face Valery. The air became charged with unspoken understanding—a shared connection between two individuals bound by the Force and the intricacies of Jedi destiny. The atmosphere held a touch of apprehension, the inevitable conversation hanging in the air like a lingering question.

But she trusted Valery.

"Val." she responded warmly, "I'm doing alright, really. How're you?" She followed up.

When their eyes met, it conveyed a silent acknowledgment. It was in this moment of shared history that Romi, feeling the weight of her decision, decided to cut through the unspoken tension.

Romi started again, her voice steady yet bearing the weight of vulnerability. "There's something I came to talk to you about, a decision I've made that concerns my path and the Order. I'll jump right in..."

"I'm taking the Barash Vow,"
Romi revealed, the words carrying a profound sense of purpose. The admission hung in the air, and the echoes of the chamber seemed to pause for a moment, as if time itself held its breath.

Romi continued, her gaze unwavering. "I believe it's necessary, considering the current situation and the potential repercussions that could backfire on the Order because of me. It might be best for us to distance ourselves for now..."

white.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png

"I'm doing okay, but..." Valery paused and frowned. Romi had yet to reveal her reason for visiting, but given the ongoing situation, Valery already knew it wasn't anything good. That tension lingered in the air between them, and while it would never cause any harm to their friendship, Valery couldn't help but feel just a little uncomfortable.

All of this reminded her of the propaganda that had been turned to her husband years ago. The powerless feeling that came with it, and that pain of not knowing who still trusted and cared for you. She didn't want any of this to happen to Romi, who has always been one of her best friends.

Listening to Romi, Valery's frown deepened as soon as the Barash vow was mentioned. She was about to protest, but the reasoning for it was something she could understand. This wasn't about Romi wanting to distance herself, but she was merely protecting others who might otherwise be targeted as well.

Always the Jedi, she was.

"Romi..." Valery stepped forward, and this time, no longer suppressed her urge for an embrace. Arms wrapped around the woman for a long moment, and after it broke, she looked her friend in the eyes, "I understand and respect your decision, Romi. Just know that nothing changes between us, and you're always welcome back." She dug into her pocket, and removed her own personal comms unit from it.

"I'd like to give you my private codes. If anything happens and you need my help, please reach out to me, okay? I was a Jedi Shadow once. If I want to help you without being seen, I can without a problem."

6JlRSSI.png

CORUSCANT

white.png

She released the tension in her body and fell into the embrace; it was something she didn't realize she needed. She wrapped her arms around the Keshian. She didn't want to leave any of this behind. "I'm sorry that I couldn't be what was needed. Thank you for always being there and understanding Val. I hope when this all over things can return to what they were." She pulled back and looked upon her friend.

"Alright," she pulled her out her comm. Little did she know she'd need something like this soon.

"Could I ask something of you Val, I know you've got your hands full...but my daughter, could you look after her. Make sure she's alright. I've been trying to keep far from all of this."

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png

Valery leaned into the embrace and held on tightly for a moment herself. This was going to be much harder on Romi, but Valery needed this moment too. "Things will go back to what they were, I just... know it." Or rather, she refused to believe that this was how it was going to end. "You've always done what you thought was right and inspired and helped so many. Whatever happens next, it'll be alright eventually."

She pulled back from the hug and looked at her friend with a smile, as she offered a private channel, "It's a secured line too, so nobody will trace you over it. But if you call it, I will be there." That was a promise that Valery wouldn't break, no matter what happened.

Romi then wanted to ask something of her, and Valery just nodded, "Of course. I'll call her once you depart, and let her know she has a place to stay with us if she needs it. I'll check in with her, and I will make sure nothing happens to her." She'd be more than welcome to stay with the Nobles, and she'd have their protection.

"I'll let my husband know, too. There's nobody I trust more, and he's very protective."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom