Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private My Kin

MY KIN

It wasn't that she was upset about being assigned to the infirmary, she just didn't understand. Tann Po'rah was a new Padawan around the temple of Kashyyyk. Her master, Samatharis, had been training her in meditation and calming techniques. Apparently the high strung Twi'lek had issues with settling down and being in the moment. The girl's attention span was just too small and she was constantly distracted by other things. Well now she was being given mandatory service hours as part of her training. Hence, being assigned to the infirmary.

The green skinned Twi'lek reported to the head nurse early that morning. Tann was usually a morning person, but waking up on Kashyyyk hours was a whole different thing. The sun barely hit the sky until mid afternoon since the trees were so high up. Tann felt like she was waking up in the middle of the night when it normally would have been sunrise on Rhyloth. Why couldn't every planet rotate the same as it did in the capital? Ugh!

Her first duty that morning was restocking. That was a task for droids! Tann complained about it the whole time. Humility was another virtue that she really didn't possess. After stocking, she was asked -told- to make some beds and do the laundry. Yet another task for droids. Here she was doing menial chores when she really thought she'd be...you know....training. Using her gifts? Something that made her feel like a Jedi. She already missed her first mission where her and a fellow Padawan went to Ossus to clear out a ruined temple. There, she used her powers to clear a rotted tree that was stained with the Dark side of the Force. Why couldn't she do more work like that?

As Kashyyyk was such a warm planet, Tann was wearing a rather skimpy outfit. She hated wearing Jedi robes and was glad that no one -yet- had enforced a dress code on her. Today's attire consisted of a simple black dress that covered a very minimal amount of skin. She matched it with a headpiece that separated her head from her lekku, a common piece of her species. She'd even done some makeup that morning, not that anyone would really get to see it. The infirmary was mostly empty. There were some older Wookies who needed attention, but otherwise the war had not affected them that badly. That was until a very special Twi'lek walked in....

Mi'la Undari

M
The pain wasn't the worst part of the injury, rather the sensation of failure that accompanied it. Mi'la's training with her master hadn't gone well. Sakadi had tried to get the padawan to connect with the force again, through rather stern and harsh methods, but the end result had awoken Mi'la's power. Though the cost of such a thing was....well, complicated. Her cybernetic arm had been destroyed utterly, the broken limb hung with wiring and metal fragments poking through the fake skin. Several gashes and cuts covered her body, and though they had been covered with cloth and wrapped, the Twi'lek looked as if she had just stepped off a battle field. Her jedi robes were torn, her tunic and pants covered in dirt and splotches of blood. Still, the shame of her failure lingered at the back of her mind. She had lost so much strength since her battle with Darth Void, and now was reduced to a mere youngling with the amount of power she could put forth. It was shameful in her eyes, a sign of her failure as a jedi. Not so long ago, she and Sakadi had met here during the 'droid uprising' they had managed to quash together. Now she was here, alone, and a worse version of herself in every conceivable way in her mind.

Sitting on the infirmary bed, she rubbed her forehead insistently, trying to think where to go from here, how to get back to where she had been. Knighthood had been within reach it seemed, now it just seemed like a far off dream. After several moments, she sighed, dropping back onto the bed and groaning. It would take time to make a full recovery, until then, the only thing she could try and do was wait and see what unfolded. As for right now, she needed her injuries mended, then she could take time and reflect. A good headspace would go a long way to assist in her recovery, it would all work itself out in time.

Laying down on the bed, Mi'la's broken cybernetic slide off the side, though the padawan was too in her own thoughts to notice. Hopefully the healer would be in shortly.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

It was Tann's first patient! The Twi'lek was excited. More excited than she should have been around somebody who needed aid. She probably should have been a little more considerate. When the nurse came to tell Tann to take the patient in bed ten she nearly squealed in joy. But she quickly covered her mouth when the woman gave her a stern look.

"Sorry," she'd whisper to the woman and to anyone else who was looking her way. She then nodded and turned away to quickly go about her duties. Tann washed up for proper hygiene and then pulled back the curtain on the new patient's bed area. Much to her surprise a fellow Twi'lek was sitting there.

"Sister!" she spoke in Rhy. Then in common, "Oh my goodness. Look at you. What happened. You look awful!"

Again. Not very tactful. The green skinned Twi'lek moved in and shut the curtain behind her. She could visibly feel the head nurse glaring at her from across the large room. Now they had a little more privacy. Tann sat herself down at the edge of the bed and looked the girl over. Cuts, bruises, and a bad tech issue. Not a good way to start the day. Well, her day anyways.

"I have to get to work right away. Here, let me clean up some of these bandages." Tann would then stand and set her things down on the side table beside Mi'la. "I'm Tann by the way. It means Hope. But you probably already knew that. I'm new here. How about yourself? Well, obviously you are otherwise you would already have been in this bed. How long have you been like this? Does it hurt much? I'll try not to poke anything or make it painful. I swear I know what I'm doing."

Tann was like a bullet. She didn't stop. And she never shut up. She could go on and on if Mi'la didn't stop her.

Mi'la Undari

Mi'la Undari

M
It had been a while since Mi'la had heard the tongue of her own people, so when she heard Ryl be spoken, she was clearly thrown for a loop. Sitting up, the Twi'lek was reminded of her many injuries, as she quickly sunk back into the bed. Remembering that she had been asked a question, Mi'la stumbled for an answer, until she recalled it. "Training accident, just...didn't know when to quit." She chuckled at the half true statement, finally opening her eyes to take in the form that was standing over her.

Already, the woman was proving to be a handful, probably a rather green padawan from the way she carried herself. Something that the Twi'lek immediately confirmed as she divulged what could very well have been her life story. Mi'la wasn't exactly paying attention to the whole thing, the onsets of pain took away her attention at times. Still, she tried to make pleasant conversation when she could. "It's only been fairly recently, and yes, it's a bit painful. But please, take your time. Rather have this done right than incorrectly." Letting out a small sigh, Mi'la was willing to endure the verbal assault for a bit longer. Though, she'd be willing to listen to all of her fellow Twi'lek's problems once the pain stopped becoming a hindrance. Taking in calming breaths, Mi'la would let the woman go to work; if any when she finally got around to it that was.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

Tann would get right to work with removing the girl's bandages. She tossed the soiled ones into a pile on the end of the bed and would look at the wound with sad eyes. She thought about trying to heal her, but some wounds just needed to heal on their own. And it wasn't like she was bleeding from any of them. Most of the cuts had scared already and clogged up. As she worked she continued to speak nonstop.

"I'm really glad you came in today. Well I'm not glad for you. But I've been super bored here. It's nice to have something to do with my hands. I've been training nonstop the last few days so when I heard I was going to be picking up a shift here I thought there would be more to do. You can only stock so many cabinets, you know?"

Tann moved onto the next arm, the one with the cybernetic. She looked at it for a moment before sighing sadly. "This is going to have to come off......are you ready?" Tann explained she needed to grab a different tool so she disappeared for a moment before coming back with a wrench set. Sitting down by her side she nodded and looked to her sister once more. "This will probably hurt a little. But I've worked with mechs my whole life. I can figure this out."

After removing all the bandages on that arm and cutting away some of the fabric from her sleeve she would take the wrench and start unscrewing some of the smaller bolts holding it to the prosthetic. She held an electroknife in her teeth as she focused on separating the mechanical arm from the girl's stump. The nerves would be the most painful thing to cut away. Tann was quick in what she was doing though. And for never doing this before.....well let's just say the Force was with her.

Finally the arm was removed and she set it aside. Tann wiped her brow which she realized had been sweating. "There. Hard part's done."

Mi'la Undari

Mi'la Undari

M
"No, I don't know." She winced, trying not to react to the treatment given to her wounds. Many of the cuts still stung as the bandages were removed, though not nearly as bad as they had first felt as they were earned. She could only imagine what the padawan would experience, wondering if the young Twi'lek had even been into a battle. Hopefully not, Mi'la's eagerness for battle had earned her the cybernetics and scars. Nothing good came from rushing head first into combat, especially not when one was blinded by pride.

The younger Twi'lek was clearly nervous, given how much she was talking. A small smile came to Mi'la's lips as she endured the chattering, the lavender skinned woman remaining stoic through the process. "Go for it. Can't hurt worse than when I earned them." Mi'la was only partly lying there, the disconnection process still hurt at times.

Mi'la decided to look away as the woman took up a knife and went to town on the arm. It was unsettling being at the other end of a knife, ever since her torment at the hands of Darth Malevolum there was an unease that swelled within her chest. The very idea of a blade touching her skin made her feel sick, even now she could feel the vibro blade peeling back her metal skin, her toes curling at the phantom pains. Mi'la forced herself to breath, trying to remain calm, and keep herself from waltzing down that dark road.

As Mi'la lost herself in that line of thought, she felt something 'pop' in her joint, as Tann had wretched the blasted limb free. Mi'la's form relaxed immediately, the Twi'lek sinking into the chair as she let out another breath. That wasn't so bad. Right? "Well, if that's that I suppose I should get going..." She started, moving to sit up, before halting as a sharp pain flaired up in her shoulder, dropping her back onto the bed. Seemed she needed more time to recover.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

DYnZ0fN.png
Tann could tell the girl was nervous at what Tann was doing to her. She had every right to be. Tann was taking a knife to her skin. And this was something she'd never done before. But Mi'la didn't need to know that. The green skinned Twi'lek had taken apart many different kinds of machinery; this was just another notch on her belt. She tried to go quickly, but carefully still. Finally the arm was removed from her shoulder with very minimal blood. Tann set the device aside and would pat the loose blood away.

"All done," she said with a happy sigh. Mi'la then started to sit up causing Tann to try and hold her back. "Whoa whoa whoa. I don't think so. Stay still."

The Twi'lek chuckled and poked the girl in the forehead. "You need to rest. Let me bandage this up and I can get to work on repairing the arm. With it detached it should be only a few hours. Better than a droid I would say."

With that, she would take another roll of gauze and start to wrap it around the girl's nub where her arm ended. She made a makeshift sling out of it so the wrap would stay. Sitting back she then wiped her forehead as some sweat had started to form. Tann then put her hands in her lap and looked at her sister kin.

"You really are quite beautiful. Just saying. Truly shiny." She giggled to herself. "Sorry that was so random. Just thought you should know. I can only imagine how you're feeling right now. You know, with....with all the scars. But yeah. Don't let it get you down."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom