Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My hometown had a literal Riot today...

So my hometown had a riot today (or, yesterday at this point). Thousands of stupid ass college students decided it would be funny to throw poodoo up in the air, bottles at cops, tip cars over, set fires, and pull out street signs. SWAT team was out along with the coast guard, who used tear gas and pepper spray, paint ball guns, a whole blockade surrounding the riot area, etc.. Later in the night they even closed everything down at night, and had helicopters flying around with spot lights warning everyone they would be arrested unless they go back in their homes.

Dozens were injured, a few deaths apparently. All of this happened and ruined an annual tradition of my hometown, a quiet little thing in the state of New Hampshire: Keene. I am sickened to believe something could be allowed to happen at such a publicized event as our Pumpkinfest. I meant to relax this weekend, enjoy hanging with my family, and messing around on the internet afterwards.

Instead I went home after walking through festival worried sick about the riot that was going on for HOURS through the day, with dozens of emergency vehicles lining up parts of the streets, and went online to literally sit in my seat, growling and seething at the sheer and utter stupidity of a drunk college populace. It has been called a warzone, and it makes me ashamed to think such a thing could be possible.

They weren't even rioting for anything! They were just collectively being the biggest collection of douchebags on the planet! We had a MILITARY karkING VEHICLE break up the crowds, among other things, like tear gas, pepper spray, paint ball guns, k9 units, SWAT team, riot police, the coast guard, and every other god damn thing to take care of this mess.

So yeah, how was your Saturday?

lordmitmar

that that right there, is just insane, my saturday consisted of squashing a beetle, yup, very action packed...

glad to hear that you're ok though :3

ferguson is in my home state!

yay go missouri

now instead of nazis, meth, and rednecks

WE HAVE NAZIS, REDNECKS, METH, AND EXTREME GOVERNMENT OVERSIGHT INTO THE ASSIMILATION OF MILITARY GRADE ARMS AND MATERIALS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT IN AMERICA AND NATIONAL MEDIA ATTENTION TO AN AREA THAT WILL BE FOREVER MARKED BY AN UNFOREESEN TRAGEDY THAT IS STILL AN ONGOING INVESTIGATION YAAAAAY

tumblr_inline_n62wy7xsjN1rbhpj3.gif

[member="Glyph"]

The media, or at least those I can find, are taking either a neutral or subtly pro-student position on this. Funnily enough, it seems that the majority of injuries that happened in this "riot" came from protestors wildly throwing beer bottles and Jack Daniels bottles into the air and hitting other protestors.

[member="Glyph"]

I'd rather it be pointless drunken shenanigans of retards with too much free time, than have to hear them espouse a cause they don't even know how to pronounce correctly.

[member="Alexander Nester"] I actually have interpreted numerous news articles and videos deploring the students actions, which is a good damn thing because anything else would be fucking wrong.

[member="Glyph"] There was no reason this, if they had a cause to cover up their drunk retardedness or not, there was no goddamn reason for this.

Keene is supposed to be quiet with an annual tradition that we started and loved, that we may not see again after this bullshit. Riots should not be happening in a "city" this small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom