What's new

Work In Progress MXC-T26 Yggdrasil Cloaking Field Module

D I R E C T O R
Character

Y G G D R A S I L

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a field cloaking module for the closed-market.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Able to project a cloaking field in a spheroid shape with a minimum of six kilometers in diameter.
  • Utilizes synthetic stygium crystals and along with amplification sybarium crystals to create a cloaking field.
STRENGTHS
  • Fleet Concealer: The Yggdrasil is able to project a spheroid cloaking field with a minimum of six kilometers in diameter, allowing it to cloak nearby ships alongside itself. The size of the cloaking field is proportional to the size of the ship.
WEAKNESSES
  • Void Bubble: The larger the cloaking field is, the easier it would be able to be discovered by happenstance -- any ship that flies into the field would be able to see the other cloaked ships.
  • Size Constraints: The Yggdrasil can not be fitted onto a ship any smaller than a conventional Star Destroyer.
DESCRIPTION
The next evolution in cloaking technology.

The MXC-T26 Yggdrasil.

Roble Manufacturing's first-ever cloaking field module, the Yggdrasil is designed to be a fleet-support cloaking device that with the right amount of space and proper amplification can cloak an entire fleet from visual and sensor detection. This basic function is proportional to the size of the ship; the larger a ship is, the larger that the cloaking field will be able to project (this roughly works to a five-kilometer battlecruiser being able to project a cloaking field 30 km in diameter).

This allows the Yggdrasil to serve as a fleet-support function, cloaking entire fleets and even small planetoids provided that they are in the range of the module’s cloaking field. However, the effectiveness and extent that this can be used decreases with the size of the ship due to its massive power requirements, and it becomes completely unable to be installed on a ship once that ship is of a class that is smaller than a conventional star destroyer.

Altogether, the MXC-T26 Yggdrasil is an evolution in cloaking technology that will bring new change and strategies to the naval battlefield.

Khonsu Amon

Supreme Sun Guardian
Factory Judge
Alban Roble Alban Roble - While admirable that you're wanting to push the frontier, there is an item that needs to be addressed before I can begin my review in earnest. Although there aren't any rules regarding Fleet-wide Cloaking devices, because of the gross potential for abuse in Open Roleplay, an administrative decision has been made that they are not permitted within this iteration of the Factory.

So, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this submission will have to have its capabilities pared back to cloak only a single vessel.