Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mutant Works: The Leviathan

Grudge The Grutt spent days running over his newly acquired samples of DNA and tissue after his meeting with [member="Ghorua the Shark"] met its end. It was fascinating, the enhanced herglic perhaps paving the way for Grudge's future experiment. Grudge wished for something aquatic this time around, some large..something unique. For that reason, he rolled around in his needlessly large chair in the office of his lab on Ession. His tendril would reach to hit a button, said button being drenched with ooze as he spoke into. "Summon my dear friend, Mr. Viru to the aquatic section of the lab. We have much to discuss." With that, he meditated briefly, levitating himself into the air and shakily onto his hover-chair. Seems he still needed practice with the telekinetic side of the force. Despite this, he began descending the building via an elevator, nearly slamming his tendril in frustration from the needlessly cheery elevator music playing during the duration of his descent. Afterwards, the doors would open up to reveal the fresh scent of his workers cleaning the blood from the pools and water tanks placed across the aquatic-wing of his lab.

"Lovely.." He whispered, folding his tendrils and awaiting his right hand: [member="Viru Lentus"].

Viru had just came back to Ession a few hours prior and was resting in his personal office. Jumping between controlling his own company and managing the cloning there was weighing on him. On top of the numerous reports of Rakghoul sightings that poured in from his personal labatory on Taris. However Grudge was his friend, probably his only true friend in the galaxy at this point. He planned on helping the mutated Hutt every step of the way. On Viru's terminal multiple feeds showing the growth rate of G.H corporations own mutant clones. Growing them was similar to how he created basic clones, but one had to be careful to watch for any abnormalities in the genetics structure. The slightest mistep could lead to one of the mutants gaining a will of its own or going insane. Neither scenario was preferable in this situation. Hearing a slight knock on his door Viru turned to see one of his aide's come in and hand him a datapad. On it were notes on their recent tests of Gamarita. While he had been able to get the main product onto the market there had to be more things done to spread it to a wider audience. "Grudge would like to meet you in the aquatic portion of the lab mister Lentus." The women said reminding Viru of the meeting.

"Yes its best I go join him." Viru said brushing a stray dreadlock from his face as he stood and strode out of the office. Hot on his tail the aide had to go into a trot to keep up with Viru. "Test how gamarita works when put upon bandages." Viru said passing the tablet back to her without looking. He expected for all his assistants to be able to do as he said when he said. Viru would never make them do something he himself wouldn't do. "And be sure to give the Vornskr's another dose. I want to see progress on their tail growth." Viru said stepping into the lift and scanning his badge.

A few minutes late Viru strode into the lab where he saw his tentactled friend waiting. "Hello friend. What is on the agenda for today?" Viru asked as he stepped up next to Grudge.

[member="Grudge The Grutt"]

Grudge mused himself with the sight of aquatic beasts ripping away at one another in the name of domination. However, this came to an end when the LATE [member="Viru Lentus"] approached. Turning his hover chair around, he peered below, visually looking upon Viru. It was hard to believe he had once been a crippled, near bed-written old scientist. Though his primary issue had met its end, the scientist's intelligence and brilliance had been retained, now more than ever. He had given Viru the task of finding methods for creating their line of medical creations in a more cheap manner. He had been given status reports, detailed reports and the like of Viru's progress. As expected, they were more than pleasing, though Grudge wouldn't dare scream his praises.

Merely, the Grutt met the scientist with a crooked grin. "Ah..decided to show up, have we? Should you have been a common worker, you'd find a hole between your eyes." He chuckled, as if he was joking..despite being deadly serious. What was the count now..like seven? Ah well.."I've acquired the DNA of a rather magnificent Herglic. Name's Ghorua, I believe. Ghorua the..Shark, more specifically. Nevertheless, he requested to be bigger and better. So I gave him just that..collecting his mutated and regular DNA for our future projects." The Grutt looked towards the massive, bloodied pools. "We're creating an aquatic mutant this time. With this new facility, we're aiming for bigger. More monstrous, more efficient in every aspect!" After a brief cough, The Grutt turned back to Viru. "A leviathan, in other words."

"Well you know a regular worker would also probably try to explain why he was late or blame it on someone else." Viru said as he looked at the bloodied pools.

"Though we both know I would never do such a thing, and that killing me would come at to great a cost." Viru said shooting back a quick reply. He didn't know if it was a joke or not but he had to be sure that his importance was noted. So that Grudge knew that loosing him would mean alot more than he currently thought. "Hmm? He wanted to be bigger? Why the species is already larger and stronger than most to begin with. Just how big did you make him?" Viru asked as he looked down to see he had blood on his boots. And these were new. Viru thought as he lifted up his right foot to examine the blood closer.

"Have you thought of what they will be used for? How they'll only be useful on planets with large amounts of water? Would you mind if I also got a sample of that DNA as well? I could possibly use it." Viru said. The herglic dna would be good to be used in cloning as well. Baseline Herglics would make excellent heavy troopers. Thinking about the cloning Viru reminded himself to that he had to talk to Grudge about Illustrio Industries after this meeting. He planned on sharing some of his funds made there with Grudge so that the research they each did they could share with each other.

"And just what happened in here?" Viru asked frowning at his boots.

The Grutt leaned back in his hover chair, a would-be brow raised to Viru's initial words. "Well, of course, my friend. I've decided to celebrate our promising future with a project that is rather..unique. We could create bi-pedal, land-walking monstrosities from day to night. However, my friend, this universe is more than earth one can walk on. These are regions and planets were water serves as both a gateway, and a barrier. These mutants will be used to break the barriers, and close off the gate-ways, should the customer wish. In short, these pretties'll be used for defending and ..well..mass transportation. Though they are only use-ful in water, I'm sure there will come a time when we need them. Even more so, I'm sure there will come a time someone in the galaxy will need them. That is why I've called you here today, Mr.Viru." Grudge lowered his blood-shot gaze to Viru's boots, "Afraid of a little blood, hmm?" [member="Viru Lentus"]

His tendril rose, pointing to the blood-filled pools. "Greha..Just testin' which species---despite being irrelevant in comparison to the Herglic's DNA, will be spliced genetically to provide interesting characteristics to our future leviathan. We don't just want over-grown and mutated Herglics swimming around, do we? Apart from generic whale DNA, I've acquired a rather unique little species that have skin coated over by a blue--almost rock like shell. Should this be granted to our mutant, I'd believe they'd become much more valuable in and out of combat."

"Preposterous" Viru said to [member="Grudge The Grutt"] as he put his foot back down to the ground already feeling the blood becoming sticky at the bottom. "It's just that there is quite a bit of it... Have you been feeding our scientists to creatures again?" Viru asked jokingly. He didn't know if Grudge really employed such methods but Viru did when encountering a traitor. Recently one of the scientists under him had tried to sneak off with a piece of the algae that was used to produce Gamarita. Viru did not take to kindly to people stealing what was not there's so he had set up a meeting saying he just wanted to speak with the scientist. Instead of Viru waiting it was one of the Vornskr's that were kept captive. People still thought it had been a mistake.

"Hmm you're right." Viru said looking into the large pools.

"Just how large do you plan on these creatures being? To big and it might make it a bit harder to transport them due to the large need of water." Walking over to one of the pools Viru looked over the edge into the pool to see if he could see anything but the thick blood covered the surface. "They would indeed make great siege beasts, I'm sure we could create some weapons and a harness that can be attached to them. Will something similar be done so people can travel with the beasts?"

The Grutt smirked, "Only the ones that fail me. Unlike yourself, Mr.Viru. As I karkin' said before, I require the greatest and the greatest only. Whether it be a menial task, or feats of gene-splicing and research, no karkin' way will I let our mutants not reach optimal efficiency due to a select few's inability to handle this kitchen's..'heat'." Grudge watched Viru look over the edge of the pool, a fin coated in a blue, rock-like shell striking out to reach for him. The bony limb serving more as weapons before a larger fin pierced through the creature's body, dragging it back into the bloody depths below. "Not too close, doctor. Wouldn't want you falling victim to a test of domination." Grudge chuckled, resisting the urge to wedge numerous cigars in his mouth for [member="Viru Lentus"] sake. Instead, he could be seen mimicking the action, pulling out his imaginary cigars and placing one in his mouth before lighting it. With a relieving sigh, he turned toward the elevator.

"We'll discuss the specifics when we reach my lab. I'd like to begin this as soon as possible." With that being said, Grudge hovered into the elevator, awaiting Viru's follow before they rose to the primary research and development section of the lab. As before, the two would enter a seperate room, smaller than the one with cloning vats and guarding mutants roaming about. It was here that Grudge had ordered his scientists to begin the efforts of preparing the DNA for him to splice. Grudge would hover over toward the section of his lab with a terminal and tools, punching in codes and displays of the DNA-structure of each individual species he planned to merge together in some way shape or form being displayed on holo-receivers.

Without much being said, he began punching in further codes and taking out the slits of gathered DNA before laying them out on the table, examining them and seeing what percentage and specific characteristics of each species would find themselves in the final result in order to create his much desired Leviathan. "You're concerned for its ability to be transported? Hmm. I think I've yet to introduce you to the Transport Freighter I've been lucky enough to acquire. Nevertheless, I can agree. The mutant could perhaps be..." He paused, pondering momentarily. "60 meters lon-.." He seemingly bit his tongue, pondering further. "No! 50..I'll take into consideration what you mentioned earlier about transporting them still. As for weapons and a harness, that would certainly make transportation and siege easier, wouldn't it? Greha..Grehaha!" He mused, evidently too focused on constructing the mutant to think about how exactly it's combat effectiveness could be maximized. "I'm not particularly sure what would be done for transportation with these mutants, in all honesty. Any suggestions?"

Smirking Viru nodded his head upon hearing Grudge's words. Though in a galaxy of extraordinary beings was it possible to cross that barrier anymore? There were numerous Sith and Jedi in the galaxy that did as they pleased, changing the course of history by their actions. While he and Grudge were Force users they instead chose to make their own marks on history in a different way. Not through the destruction of another religious sect, or by subjugating a planet but through science. They had already created Gamarita and had it put onto the galactic market to help the sick, wounded, and blind. Soon enough their other creations will grace the galaxy and they will be extraordinary. Viru had no warning as the blue fin struck out at him. Taking a step back it had almost hit Viru. "Yes, I'd rather not be on the menu, I don't think I'd be good for its stomach. A bit more of a heads up next time if you would." Viru said though his tan skin had flushed just a bit.

Seeing the motion of Grudge wanting to put the cigars in his mouth Viru entered the elevator. "You're more than free to smoke. I'm not some frail old man anymore. Plus we have a medicine to treat anything that comes up." Viru said while riding the elevator. Arriving in the lab Viru whistled as he was met by the mutants. Even after going on a mission with them they were still impressive beings. The scientists were at work their attention focused on their tasks. "Well considering their large size even with transport freighters it still take quite a few depending on how many are ordered. We may have to deliver them to where they're needed a few days ahead of time so they can be of use. Or whoever uses them better have a large cargo hold. Viru said as he examined one of the strands for the Herglic.

"How long have you been examining these dna strands? Any quirks that pop up? Also I regret to inform you we won't be able to clone them nearly as fast as our other mutants. Their size alone makes that difficult task. We'll have to start them with being cloned and accelerate their aging by quite a bit if we want them to be of use. That also means a shorter life-span."

Before [member="Viru Lentus"] had finished the sentence, he'd find three cigars in Grudge's mouth, juggled in his needlessly expansive mouth whilst he once again became a mutated chimney. He'd sigh in relief, a cigar droppin' from his mouth but quickly snagged via a tendril before it touched the ground. Losing a cigar was equal to losing a twi'lek. Simply put, somethin' he didn't plan on doing. Ever. "Gregh..what a relief." He whispered, calling forth his scientists to prepare the computerized machine in the main room. "Grehaha! Chill out, why don'tcha? Remember. We specialize in exotic works of beautiful monstrosities. It's....an acquired taste, to say the least." The said, chuckling whilst more than likely accidentally flushin' a wave of smoke at Viru. "Have I told you what this building used to be before I took over? Come.." His hover-chair rose, the Grutt whisked into the air and sent floating into the lab's main room.

This is where all of the cloning vats were stationed. Made for humanoid-sized creations. However..YES! There was a 'however'. That however was that there were a select few cloning vats of significantly larger size, used for massive-scale cloning. At least..that's what one would assume. "This was a clonin' facility, my good friend. Never doubt our capabilities. Even if what you say is true..a short-life span will mean customers'll have to return to us for more mutants. More Mutants, more credits! Grehahaaaaa~" Said 'larger' cloning vats were started up upon Grudge's prior command, scientists huddled around as the necessary ingredients for the Leviathan's birth were being placed into the vat. Upon closing, the long process of speeding up the growth of what lied floating in the middle of the vat would begin. Needless to say, the mere inkling of a bundle of cells would take form into a ball, that deformed ball taking on a form similar to an infant whale. "You were saying..Doctor?"

Chuckling at Grudge's scramble to catch the cigar Viru wondered just was it that had made this being so. Why did he love cigars so much, and instead of smoking one he always smoked three or more. It was an interesting habit. Those things are addictive. Viru told himself sure that he wouldn't be asking for one. The taste they left in one's mouth was horrible, he didn't understand how some could even smoke them. Catching a faceful of smoke Viru simply waved his hand through the thick smoke. It was almost like he was drawing art in the air. His body wanted to cough but he held it in. He had told Grudge it would be fine. More of this and I'm gonna have to start wearing a gas mask. Viru thought as he went to follow Grudge but the mutated Hutt had flew up to the top. I hate when he does that.

Viru had to ride the elevator back to the cloning lab area and when he walked out to see the absolutely massive cloning tubes. While he did have cloning cylinders at his own lab, nothing quite so large and in one of them he saw the infant mutant. He didn't know whether to call it cute or a perversion of nature. Wait of course he did. IT was beautiful that they could create life such as this. "Well I stand corrected." Viru said as he walked up to the mutant examining it. "Has it taken on any violent tendencies? Prone to disbehavior? I'd hope not as if these things go wild in the ocean it may be a big problem."

Grudge would have to make a chair for [member="Viru Lentus"] someday. Oh the floaty drinkin' parties that could be had with twerkin' twi'lek dancers. Until then, Grudge simply awaited for Viru to reach the cloning lab region. His eyes shifted to the side, a would-be brow raising to Viru's question. It was one he was preparing himself to ask the exclusive bunch of scientists he ordered to handle this project. They were given the blueprints, they needed only construct the house now. The spliced DNA serving as the building blocks, and Grudge's and Viru's combined intelligence serving as the roof to shelter and shoo away any unnecessary downfall. The scientist looked at Viru, preparing to answer before noticing the floating Grudge and beginning to choke on his words.

"W-...we have been monitoring it's behavior thus far. It seems stable, like the Warrior Class variants. However, for the two of it's kind before it, we can't say the same. The first exhibited signs of self-governing thoughts. These beings are massive, the same dose of your serum used on the Warrior Class will not cut it with them. It doesn't null the brain quite as much as we'd hoped. The second, however, was given too much. It couldn't perform basic functions such as breathing or movement. In short, it drowned itself. This is the third subject, and we'd administered the appropriate of serum to accommodate for its grand size, Mr. Grudge and Lentus. I regret to tell you that even with the size of the cloning vats, they will produced slower than the warrior class." Grudge's gaze squinted further, each word the scientist saying further upsetting the mutated chimney. "..How much slower, doctor?" -- "Well..not by much. It's ..well..we're working with alot more meat, flesh and matter here. Surely this was expected."

The Grudge's tendril lowered, his eyes closed as the speaking doctor began gripping at his neck, slowly raising into the air. "Expected? You expected less than the best?" The doctor choked, being made an example of as he struggle to issue out his fumbled bunch of words. "I-..n-..no..I-" His tendril rose, the doctor falling to the ground, gasping. "Remember who you work for, Doctor. We aim for the biggest, baddest, fastest and greatest here. The same to the rest of you. Back to your stations..ALL OF YOU!" The curious eyes returned to their jobs, minor talking heard about. He turned toward Viru, leaning back in his chair. "Seems things are goin' smoothy.." He said with a half-cocked grin.

Taking a datapad from one of the desks Viru tapped into the data for the gene splicing procedures. Looking up every now and again as the scientist talked he slowly started to frown. It didn't take a genius to figure out the problem and how to fix it. How were these the greatest scientists if they couldn't figure that out. Tempted to let loose a vornskr on them Viru calmed himself. These were Grudge's people. Looking over he saw the mutant getting angry, with the cigars in his mouth it was almost comical. Viru had yet to see the mutated Hutt truly angry so he took this time to examine. Taking a step back and crossing his arms he watched as Grudge questioned the scientist. Viru was shocked though that when Grudged moved his tentacle the scientist started choking. Covering up shock and simply raising an eyebrow Viru watched as the scientist tried to break free of the force's invisible grasp. Viru knew that would be all but impossible for the scientist or any not trained in the force. The scientists face had begun to change colors when Grudge released him.

Waiting for the scientists to get back to work Viru chuckled approaching his colleague. "That was very impressive. Sith like but very impressive." Viru said in congratulations to the Hutt. "But I figured out the problem here." Viru said as he took a step forward staring down at the scientists as they worked. "Your Attention!" Viru said his baritone voice echoing. "I want you to accelerate this creatures aging by 5 times the normal amount. Sixty years is far to long of a life span for such a creature. Cutting it down to twenty years should be substantial. If one is trying to siege a world for twenty years and still hasn't succeeded then they can buy more." Viru said sending the gene structure to the scientists through the datapad.

Grudge's would-be brow rose as [member="Viru Lentus"] added his two cents in. "Are you mad!? Accelerating the aging by five times would.." He paused, speaking slower as he went..thinking more on it. "..Cause the lifespan to dwindle immensely..Meaning customers would have to return for more mutants..which in turn means for credits." The Grutt's face lit up, his tendril holding his many lit cigars as he grinned from would-be ear to would-be ear. "Yes, yes. Immediately, as Mr.Viru said before." The scientists would hesitate initially, assuming their stations and punching in the necessary codes in. The small infant would wiggle lightly, its growing rate amplified by 5 times. At this point, it could be seen rapidly expanding. A blue shard would grow from its hard, the shard spreading across the being and soon giving the appearance of a blue shell or armor. As mentioned before, the texture was similar to a rock, giving the expanding infant a rather unique appearance as it grew inside the cloning vat. "Seems the splicing was effective. If it's large size wasn't enough of a challenge, that blue covering will only make killing the mutant that much harder." Grudge looked closer, "Seems it doesn't entirely cover the mutant, however. I wouldn't be surprised to see small openings or cracks in the armor."

Looking at the infant mutant Viru could only imagine the pain the creature was going through. While increasing the aging would help it grow its body had to adjust and the pain that came with such things was something that could break the strongest of beings. Viru should know, his revitalization had came with extreme pain, even with all the anesthetics that had been pumped into him he felt every part of his body healing and growing. Opening and closing his fist twice he turned back to Grudge. "Even if there are openings or cracks what does it matter? They'll be able to tank loads of damage. They're meant to be siege beasts, their life is to go on suicide missions. If they complete them then its a sucess. Even if they fail we can simply blame it on whoever controls them. Say that their tactics lead to them being killed. We are in a win-win situation my friend."

"Have you thought about what I said about the weapons to equip these beasts with?" Viru asked as he turned back to the beast. "I think it would be best to create a harness for them, something strong and sturdy. Then attach a weapon to it, maybe a turbolaser, particle canon, who knows. But it will have to be powerful. We could also use the harness and attatch something akin to a cargo compartment to carry those that wish to infiltrate with this beast. IT would certainly make attacks on sea worlds much easier."

gfz4ID7.jpg

The Grudge all but chuckled with jumbled teeth at [member="Viru Lentus"]'s proposition. Win - Win situations were the situations possible. "Blame it on the customer? Geha..GEHAHA! Brilliant!" Grudge peered into the cloning vat, observing the ever expanding crystallized whale whilst rotating around the cloning vat in his hover-chair---looking for any imperfections in the creature's mass expansion. "I have indeed, Mr.Viru. As we speak, the weapons manufacturing department are creating not only a harness for this wondrous monstrosity, but weapons for it to carry out the dirty work under dah sea." She'd chuckle once more. "Think of it. A large harness strapped about its middle regions, a massive rectangular compartment placed ontop of the Leviathan and secured by the harness itself. This is where the Grancha Mutants and other units would be stored in. The top of the compartment would open and close upon will for storage, or drop-off. Mounted around the storage compartment, Gatling lasers and turbo lasers would be positioned for the mutants to use and engage in underwater combat if necessary. All the while, two massive layered particle canons are placed on either side of the Leviathan for it to cause all the more mayhem!" While his team designed the schematics, he himself returned to the beast when it was fully grown, being tested on for functionality and cooperative levels. "Excellent.." He whispered, placing a tendril on the cloning vat while the Leviathan peered intently at Grudge, seemingly awaiting orders. "You will bring great strides to a new age of Mugeneration."

"Greheh....Greheheheh..GRAHA...GRAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!"

THE END~​
[member="Viru Lentus"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom