Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must be crazy. (Iellla)

Coruscant - Jedi Temple

He sits down on the steps outside the Temple. It was nice sunny day. He wished that he had chosen to wear a short sleeve shirt and shorts. Instead, he was wearing blue shirt and pair black jeans.

Hawk couldn't believe that he was here on Coruscant to meet the Jedi that was going to train him. He prays that it wasn't his father or brother. That would send him to the dark side. But he already knew who it was going to be his teacher. He already saw her in a vision.

Those vision were driving him crazy. He just wanted to control it. That was it. Hopefully, she could help. Maybe this time his vision would be wrong.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

She saw the man sitting on the steps, a sense of unease around him as his aura shifted in waves. Iella walked down the steps toward him, his back to her as she descended. Dressed her light Jedi Robes and black knee high boots she could be heard as her foot falls hit each step. She hesitated for a moment, just to enjoy the warmth of the sun and let it dance on her face, the buzz of Coruscant playing in her ears as she could hear the sounds of the Jewel in a constant hum. The air is sharp today but still the scent of metal clung in the air.

She walked passed him and over to one of the marble statues, there she leaned against the old master for the cool of the stone. Iella is only a short distance for the man come to train and she turned to consider him more. "Greetings, I believe you are here for training. I am Iella E`ron Jedi Knight", she offered as introduction.

@Iella E'ron

Frak! He thought when the woman from his dream introduce herself. The vision was right again! He takes a deep breath to calm himself down before flashing her a lopsided smile. He stands and slightly bows. "Hi Iella. I'm Hawk Solo. I'm here to begin my training." He knew that he would probably be the oldest Padawan Learner. It couldn't be help. He didn't ask for it. He was born with this curse.
"I already know some basic. My Father taught me until I was six. I was a poor student. Too stubborn to listen." He felt it was to let her know what she was in for. "I haven't changed much. I'm still stubborn. I won't be monk. I like women and sex."

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Iella's shoulders shook as she tried in vain to stop her laughter. However, she simply gave up and laughed out loud as she pushed her body away from the old statue of the Jedi Master. "Well, I it refreshing to hear such honesty", she replied. "Stubborn? well .. you might just have met your match. I like a good fight", she winked. "You will find in the Order there are Padawans at all levels of skill and ages, this in normal for these days and nothing that can't be trained with time. But I will need to see exactly what skills you do have and their levels. We are no longer Monks as you put is and as for the rest. ... .. well that is your business".

One thing Iella likes in sentient beings is straightforwardness and his guy had it in spades. She hates trying to second guess people and this will be interesting experience for her too. "Come Hawk Solo, lets go get you a training blade, something to eat if you are hungry and we shall begin".

As she started back up the many stairs to the Temple, she asked. "So where do you come from?".

@Iella E'ron

He chuckles lightly with her. The laughter help to relax him a little. He was glad that his straightforwardness hadn't scared her off. "Good. Than you and I should get along well."

"A training blade.." He scratches the back of his neck. "I never got that far. They didn't trust me with a saber. Probably afraid I would cut something important off. My Master Father taught me basically levitation, telepathic communication, and force push. That was about it. Around the time, he was going to teach me how to handle a blade. My parents got divorce."

He follows her upstairs. "I'm from Corellia. We lived near the Golden Beach. What about you? Where are you from?"

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"I am Corellian too", she smiled, which now explains a lot with Hawk, and probably her as well. "From Carthage on the edge of the Jungle, I spend many a day just running wild through it".

Reaching the top of the steps they began for the main entrance. "I am pleased you have more training then I first through, that is good. A training blade is not designed to sever, it will burn and injury but not cut, we will train with that blade and soon after I shall take you Illum for you to find your focusing crystal for you to construct your true saber, nothing like training with a real one to make you more cautious about it's use". She smiled wide with cheek.

@iella E'ron

"Carthage is really nice. Father took us kids camping there once. It was fun until I fell in a pit full of snakes." Every since then Hawk been deathly afraid of snakes." He follows her through the main entrance.

He was trying not to stared at all sites. He didn't want to look like some tourist. This was going to be his new home now. "Can't wait to begin." He was quiet for a moments. "Iella what should I call you? Is it Master or Miatress?" He asked half serious half playfully. He was testing how far he could push her already.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Her head turned toward him as they walked the long corridor in the main hall. "I don't consider myself a master, although it is a title give to a trainer in the force, I believe that is something needs to be earned, you can call me Master if you wish, but Iella will do fine too", she smiled.

She stopped short of the lifts to take them up to the training quarters, the lift arrived and she entered punching in level 5. "Once you have settle go to level 6 and have some Jedi Robes fitted", she continued. "There also you can select a Padawan braid if you so wish".

Once briefly did they travel to the fifth level and soon alighted, Iella found a room vacant and walked in to prepare. Removing her cloak and hanging up on a hook she turned to Hawk. "Here in this case you will find training sabers, please look over them and select one you wish to use, you can keep it until you have constructed your saber". She waited for him in the middle of the raisde platform to began saber training.

@Iella E'ron

"I think I will call you Iella. I don't feel comfortable calling anyone Master yet. Mistress I have no problem with." He says with a smirk. He had to admit himself that he was a pleased that she didn't overreact to his jest. Most Jedi he knew had trouble with his kind of humor.

He follows her into lift. He listen to her explanation of the different floor. "Can't see myself in braid. It going to be difficult getting use to the robes. This wasn't the direction I saw in my life." Before the visions, Hawk dreamed of being a pilot, solider maybe even a Senator someday. He never thought that he would become a Jedi.

He goes to the case and looks for it. He hopes that the one he was looking for wouldn't be there. "Frak!" He mutters loud enough to be heard. "It's here." He selects the training saber. The same
from his vision.

He walks to the raised platform where Iella waits for him.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Iella stood watching him as he choose the blade. She moved around to face in on the platform and folded her arms. "Ignite it, see how it feels to the hand, feel for the balance of the blade and just move it around to get use to the hum, some nice wide swinging arcs to loosen the body", she said now stepping back a little.

Taking up her lightsaber, she checked the hilt for any signs of wear. She knows her saber is in top condition, she makes sure of it, but it is a habit of hers. Iella ignites her saber, the white blade humming to life, flecked with a pale blue. The humming pulsing in the room as she too begins her warm up exercises. The White Dragon, connecting to her immediately, she can feel the it extended in her hand and becoming apart of her, an extension of her. The blade is 'live', she has yet to lower the level which she will do when dueling with Hawk, however for now she likes the feel of the Dragon.

She begins to move around the platform in her freestyle form, a style she has developed to meditate, she uses this form to center the force within her body and channel her concentration to the fight. A series of movements and turns around the room, she closes her eyes, she can sense his presence in the room and knows his every move. Finally, she is finished and warmed up.

She extinguishes the blade and sets the level to low, it will burn but not sever.

"Ready when you are", she said.

@Iella E'ron

Frowning he ignites his blade. A slowly smile spread across his face as he swings the faint blue blade around. "It feel really good. It is nicely balance.

He swirls around warming his body up. Getting ready to fight Iella. He couldn't help but watch Iella move around her blade. She was very graceful. He hoped that he doesn't make a fool out of himself today.

Once his body was warmed he moves to her. "Ready."

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Iella turned to face him, she dropped her blade to the side to show she was not about to strike, and walked to stand next to him about two meters apart. She smiled noticing he is happy with the blade he chose, but he will mark the difference when he holds the saber he constructs in her hands for the first time.

"Shii-Cho is a defensive form, a very old form which can from when the Jedi used metal swords .. it's purpose is to defend obviously, it is very effective over a long fight in it wears down your opponent as they expend energy in attack, with patience .. using this form, you will see an opening in their attack for you to then strike. It is also used to deflect blaster bolts and in time when you become skilled with this form, you will be able to direct the bolts at will. Always .. always practice this form, have it as your grounding as well as other forms to enhance".

She indicated to the wall, and as she does so, a holodisplay appears with a outline of a sentient being, arrows indicate around it the target zone on the body, the shoulders, arm and legs and finally the head. "These are target areas for you to be able to block when a strike comes and for you to attack. Even though I have described this form as defensive, it is very good for offensive as it can be used in a random series of movements. In a few moments, I will use it in this way against you".

"Shii-Cho is part of the stance disciplines, it will allow you to take a position so you can connect to the force in combat, this will come with time and practice", she said as she moved into Jedi Ready Stance, her feet shoulder width apart, her right foot slightly forward and she raised her blade up to shoulder level in a two handed grip, her elbows bent outwardly. "In this stance begin to connect to the force, it will strengthen you to it and when you are proficient you will be able to fight in combat for a very long time".

She then began a series of moves with her blade, taking the blade in an arc around to the horizontal plan, she continued slowly to show him the block positions. "Now move with me and do the same".

@Iella E'ron

Hawk listens carefully to her instruction. He makes a few mental notes. This was going to take a lot of practice to master. Hopefully she will be patient. He wasn't use to this type of fighting. He was more of blaster guy. He was going to have to unlearn what he learned.

"Ok." He stands in Jedi Ready. His feet were apart his blade raises to shoulder level. He didn't feel the connection to the force. "I'm not feelimg it." He says to her as he tries to follow long with her action. With his dancing background he appears very graceful.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"Continue to move", she said as she stopped and moved away off the platform, she turned to watch him with his blade. He looked the part indeed, but there is no connection she could sense it as much as he telling her. Iella is considering at the point as she watched him .. graceful with the blade, he will be a fine Jedi and a sight once he moves.

"Fine a focal point deep within you, for me it is the pit of stomach .. that is where I build my source of power and from there I can use the force where needed. Concentrate on that, clear your mind and only think on that point", she said hoping that might trigger something in him. She watched him a little longer.

"The discipline and technique will come, don't worry about the blade just yet and it positions ... think of it as .. a dance. Move your feet, go into a freestyle if that is where you are guided to". She waited to see what might come of that.

@Iella E'ron
Hawk continues to move on the platform making wide sweeping arc with his blade. "In the pit of my stomach? Okay I'll give a whirl." He stops for a moment to clear his mind of distraction. He closes his eyes and takes a few deep breathes. Searching for the light within him. He found it. It was in the pit of his stomach. He opens his eyes still feeling the force. Taking Iella's advice, he doesn't pay attention to the blade technique but focusing on his movement.
Feeling completely connecting to the force he moves around the platform swirling and sweeping his blade. In his mind, he was dancing to famous ballet. He could see the movements in his mind. "I can feel the force." he says a bit out breath when stops. "It felt great." He swipes the sweat from his brow.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Iella smiled, he is connecting and strong through it too. Where ever his focus had come from, whatever have moved him .. was beautiful to watch. "Take a break and have a drink, then do that again", she smiled. "And next time move your feet like you did and use the techniques. You are very light on your feet, you foot work is already accomplished and that is going to serve you very well indeed".

She to took some water and refreshed. "Once you have done the drill, I will join you and see put this into practice".

@Iella E'ron

He smiles lopsided at the compliment. "Thank you. In another life, I was a dancer. Took ballet for years, was good enough to go pro but decide to follow my heart and become a pilot." He loved dancing he just loved flying more. He get a bottle of water and finishes it. Being a Jedi was going to take dedication and discipline just like dancing. Wouldn't his mom be so proud.

Feeling rested he does the drill again this using proper blade techniques and using the force. It felt wonderful to feel this connect to the force and his blade.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Iella smiled as he told her of some of his past, it certainly explained his unique ability with his feet and it will hold him in good stead. She approached the platform once again. She held her blade up vertically before her face and swung it down and to the right in a form of a salute before combat. Only the Masters or ones she duels does she do this.

"Lets begin. I will target your body zones and my blade I will use in a slow pace until you get the feel of it", she said.

Normally she would just attack, but this time she would telegraph her moves. Going into Jedi Ready stance, with her body twisted to the side and her left foot forward, the swung her blade in an arc toward his left shoulder.

@Iella E'ron
"Good because I like my body parts right where they are." he says in jest.
Hawk smiles happy that Iella was taking this slow with him. He wasn't use to this kind of fight. He return her salute with his blade than he moves into Jedi ready position with his body twisted to the side with his right foot slide forward.
Hawk arc his blade to the left to block her move.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

She left the clash of the blades, and moved again. Taking one step back she repositioned and again for the left .. on his arm more toward the shoulder. "Get your arms up more", she said. Her blade swung with even pace.

"Remember your feet, use them. Your foot work is better then mine you could try and catch me off guard with a swift move", she said, she wanted to see what he might come up with. She could .. however, be able to sense his moves but that was fine, she wanted to see what went on in his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom