Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music of the Night, Volume II

A Continuation of Music of the Night, a Silver Jedi Order Event​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7MLT4MmAK8​
"We are being watched" came Théodred's whispered tone, as he leaned in close to her ear. For a moment Mysa's heart skipped a beat, there was a duty-bound tone to her brother's voice, a seriousness he had not expressed all evening - at least not to her.

So it was that when he twirled her on the spot, so that she could have a better look at their admirer, a delicate smile graced her lips. Oh, she most certainly recognized that Valkyri... Most from Midvinter stuck out like a sore thumb, but never quite so much as when in the company of others not of their kind.

"You know that guy by the side of the room? Full Valkyri dress?" This time it felt like an interrogation, and as she was turned back to face her little brother she could only pique a brow.

"I should hope so, since I invited him to this ball."

It was amusing to see him so protective, though she knew it was more than just brotherly care. He had a duty to all within the ballroom, to keep their safety. Though Théo did not seem entirely convinced with her answer.

After several more questions, further poking and prodding, and more than a little huffing from the both of them, her brother seemed to size up Gideon from afar before finally - after what felt like hours - giving her his blessing in the form of a nod.

That would not be the last she heard of this, no doubt. And she knew that Théo would be watching them from afar.

She leaned up to kiss his cheeks, and fuss his curls, before beaming a smile at him. "It's okay, little brother. Grandpa raised a Shieldmaiden. Don't worry."

And with that the siblings parted ways. Théo to some other part of the ballroom, and Mysa toward a very green looking Gideon. She sensed his apprehension from a mile away, his doubt.

Part of her knew why, too. How would she have felt if she had arrived a little late to find him with some stranger? While Théo was just as well known around Thainbroek as any other Heavenshield, he was blessed with the Valkyri appearance moreso than some. He blended in better.

Stopping just a foot from her date, she sheepishly smiled and offered her hand.

"Come. Dance with me."

Had she ever been so forward with him before? Probably not. It didn't matter though, she would straighten this up. She would lighten his mood.

Most of all she wanted to hear about his experiences flying here. First time in a spaceship, she remembered her first time as though it were yesterday.

[member='Théodred Heavenshield'] [member='Gideon Crowseye']

[Just tagging you so you can make sure nothing's wrong with this, brother dearest. I know you won't be posting :) ]

Gideon Crowseye

G
To claim he felt awkward and lost was a bit like claiming the sun was hot, there was no real word in his vocabulary for how he felt out here in the heavens. He didn't care that they were on solid ground now, they were still in the heavens from his world. Looking down at her hand for a moment he slowly smiled, more then a bit sheepishly as a silent apology for staring. Reaching out for it he almost desperately he held on to her, the only real thing he understood in a very unreal universe of lights and sounds. This was an interstellar party, and to him it was literally the impossible.

Moving with her as they started to dance he didn't move his eyes once away from her, blocking it all out as he stared into her eyes. "We're not dead are we?" He blushed and laughed as soon as he said it, but it wasn't the least bit laughing stock for him. How could anyone be sure, maybe this was just where you went when you died, into the heavens.

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

He relented far easier than expected. He didn't question her, or who she had been dancing with. He didn't give her the cold shoulder. He even perked up a little, seeming less upset than he had been, the moment their hands touched. This was good, yet she still felt as though she owed him an explanation all the same.

She led him onto the dancefloor, to roughly the same spot she and Théo had been standing as it was the only empty spot remaining, and settled her other hand at his shoulder. She didn't really know how to dance, truth be told, but she was willing to put what Théo had just shown her to the test.

Her gaze lifted, fixating upon his.

"So... You just sort of met my brother, Théodred. Adopted brother, he isn't the King's son... He's his Nephew..."

Mysa's bloodline was messed up, and her Writer has spent countless hours trying to explain how it all worked. It doesn't matter, either way!

A very light laugh escaped her, not one which ridiculed - far from it - it was a joyful laugh. He was adorable, truly he was, she forgot how it was to see the Galaxy for the first time. Had she been so doe-eyed on her way to Midvinter that first time?

"You're not dead, Gideon."

As though to prove a point, she leaned up and kissed his cheek tenderly... Feeling all too aware of the fact that her family were close at hand. Not that she cared, they knew. She just didn't want to be that girl who showed too many public displays of affection.

[member="Gideon Crowseye"]

Gideon Crowseye

G
He blushed heavily when he felt her lips on his cheek, it broke like a ray of light through all the strangeness around him. It was still far from understandable, he was a stranger in a strange land, but if Mysa was here, so would he be. His dancing left much to be wished for, it was more a kin to man with a large board attached to his back mechanically going in a two step as his brain tried to understand quantum physics, or simple dancing. In fact his brain had tried to struggle over quantum physics several times this very day, he just didn't know enough to know that was what he was struggling with.

It had been a long day.

Now though it all melted away as he smiled down at the rather small woman in his arms as they 'danced'. Normally at least she seemed small, now he felt a bit like a giant compared to many in the room. Of course, there were things in the room he didn't have names or words for. Again like an overwhelming feeling the strangeness came upon him but he forced his eyes to remain on her. "I stole some cookies." It was all he could think to say, he stole some cookies to bring home. Of all the things, I stole some cookies?

Unaware of the depth of his inner turmoil, Mysa tried to lead the dance across the room as others likewise moved with the music, nobody staying in one place for too long unless they lingered on the outskirts. Weaving between people, avoiding stepping on toes, or the hem of her dress... There was a lot going on to keep her focus on the present. Was dancing always so mentally taxing? Who knew.

So it was that when her dear sweet Gideon made mention of a cookie theft, she could not help but laugh. Her eyes lit up, sparkling like the glacial room they were stood within. Ever a hunter, it seemed, always needing to take what he found back home to his kin'.

"Worry not about the cookies, 'deon. I may not be the Galaxy's best cook, but I can bake... I'll make you some fresh ones when we return to Midvinter, and extras for your family of course."

No doubt Theoren would enjoy them, the little babe had been somewhat infatuated with her. Perhaps it was because she looked so different to the rest.

Gideon Crowseye

G
Looking down he laughed a bit at that, by the Gods how did he even began to tell his family about this trip? He hadn't actually admitted completely where he was going and didn't really intend to. "My Da, he uh, he doesn't care for this type of thing. Believes a man's feet should stay on the ground. All this? He'll think I've gone daft, or at least making up wild tales. I mean, I'm seeing but I don't really believe it, much less understand it. So, the answer is cookies, we had cookies, and we danced. Is that man flying?"

Shaking his head Gideon just looked back down at her grumbling curses at the trickster. "Its ok though, you're here, and you're beautiful. That's all I really need, you're here, so I'm here."

Mysa understood completely. Back when she first came to Midvinter all those years ago, the mere sight of her short stature and pure white hair was enough to turn heads and cause all manner of gossip. Even some harsh words from particularly xenophobic inhabitants.

A lot had changed since then, though, with the Silver Jedi becoming more prevalent and aiding in the multiple attacks the world had faced. Now the Valkyri were somewhat adjusting to their strange space neighbors.

Some had even flown off world, like Gideon.

Most were happy with their fill though, and she was grateful for that. Midvinter was the most humble and welcoming and sincere places in the Galaxy, at least in her opinion, and she would not change it for the world.

Gideon's final statement caught her off guard. "Flying? Where?"

She looked around, seeking out whoever it was that he was talking about, before his words drew her attention back. Her hand lifted from his shoulder to trail delicate fingertips across his jaw.

"You were brave to come, Gideon, I didn't expect you to but I am most grateful you did."

Gideon Crowseye

G
He was going to say something, he was sure he was, but all that kept coming through was soft. He was sure there was something he was supposed to say in return, or by the Gods if he knew. His tongue might as well have been tied into a great knot as much as it mattered what he was supposed to say. Actually it wasn't even really his tongue's fault he was quite sure he could speak if she could just think. Deep breath Gideon, deep breath. Its like hunting back home, only I don't think I've ever sweat so much back home in all my life. Just breath and give her a smile.

To his credit his mouth did open twice the words just kinda never came, it was as though his brain simply shorted, and began the lengthy reboot process. After a few moments though of absent minded staring he just laughed though and looked down kissing her finger. "I umm, I'm not good at this, I'm sorry. I know I'm a bit off, its all so very confusing, and I'm just a bit overwhelmed. I'm sorry, Mysa, I don't mean to look like such a fool I'm just a bit.... just wow." Laughing a bit embarrassed he looked back up, "Forgive me?"

The anxiety practically emitted from the boy who towered over her, uncertainty. She had seen him track his quarry for days, so sure and confident in each step he took. Each decision he made.

Yet here, in this setting which was significantly more relaxed than the hunt, he seemed to be at a loss.

Mysa could only continue to smile, returning her hand to his shoulder and continuing to discreetly lead the dance. Her own confidence had begun to blossom in that instance, finding the motions that her dearest brother had put her through coming all the more naturally.

From the outside it wouldn't look as though she was leading, though. That wasn't supposed to be her role. But Gideon did not know these strange customs, and she hadn't thought to teach them him ahead of time. Perhaps she should be more mindful in the future.

He finally spoke, tripping over his words in a rush to admit his confusion.

She shushed him gently, and lifted her hand to his hair to brush back a few stray strands. Gently she lifted up onto her very tiptoes, kissing his cheek while his head was low to hers.

"It's okay, I understand. Nobody is expecting you to adjust immediately. That takes time..."

She turned her head slightly, glancing over to the bar. And the immediate path toward it. None of the older Jedi were really paying any attention, so she grabbed his hand and ceased the dancing in favour of heading over to get drinks.

"You never need apologize to me, Gideon."

Gideon Crowseye

G
He followed her as his eyes still considered his surroundings, boggled as he realized each light was simply that, light. There was no fire, no heat emanated from the colored lights which surrounded him. In fact you'd think he would have realized it by now, but with everything being so simply overwhelming he hadn't even connected the dots. He suddenly felt very small within the vast confines of the room, lost inside the ballroom he simply couldn't accept, and yet here it was.

"They don't teach things like this at school, I know I didn't attend long, but still. I don't understand, It's so warm here. How do those lights exist? Where does it come from? Do they know magic in the heavens? It smells so, well not like home. I suppose they all recently bathed, I know I did, but I just. There's more to it, isn't there? Look at all the food, the wealth. How does this all exist?"

A thought was very slowly making itself clear to Gideon, something that was bothering him deep inside about everything around him. On one hand he was trying very hard to convince himself that outside of this party it would all be much like his world but he doubted it. That brought on another all together impossible question though, one he would ponder without ceasing from that moment on.

When they reached the bar, Mysa took a moment to smooth down her dress and adjust the mask upon her face. She felt guilty at all the strangeness poor Gideon was having to come to terms with, things nobody on Midvinter would ever have cause to think existed. True she had invited him, but she had never expected he would accept. Not when it meant jetting off on some spaceship to the unknown reaches of the stars.

Most Valkyri preferred to keep their feet firmly on the snow laden ground.

But he had come. And she was so very proud of him for doing so.

"The lights are caused not by magic, but by energy. There are wires, you just can't see them. Whoever constructed this building hid them well."

She knew that would mean little to him, but it was a start. She could not even begin to comprehend what must have been going through his mind. In one sense she understand the foreignness, she had experienced it too upon leaving Aurum, but her awe stemmed from seeing people, seeing plants and wildlife the likes of which Gideon found himself among daily.

Her room there had been full of artificial light, stark white walls... But to have never seen such things before?

Reaching up with their entwined hands she settled her lips to each knuckle and smiled. "Thank you for braving the metal beast for me" she said, referring to the starship which had to have brought him here. "I promise I won't ask such of you again. Unless you wish to see more of the Galaxy, we'll keep our feet firmly set on Midvinter."

Well, she couldn't promise that she would, but collectively? She could manage that.

Gideon Crowseye

G
He laughed almost startled at her, "Oh no, Mysa, you misunderstand me greatly. I have no plans on going back to Midvinter to stay, no. Education, schooling it was all pointless to me on Midvinter. Learn to pay respect to the gods, and craft what you can. I learned both from my father, and did my family more good by learning it in the wilds. This though, there are things here I don't have words for, things I can't even began to understand."

He slowly turned in a circle glancing over a dozen things he didn't have words or understanding for. "No, this, this is all something worth understanding, and learning. The things this could do to home, of course they may not want it, in truth. If they only knew what was out there though, how limited we are as a people. By the Gods though why is it so hot?"

She blinked several times in surprise at what came next.

He... Wanted to explore more of the Galaxy? What a decidedly un-Valkyri thing to say! Most were happy hiding away in their snowy world, where humility and innocence reigned supreme. It was untouched by the same conflicts and strife which faced the rest of the Galaxy, almost infantile. She loved that about them. She wanted them to keep their innocence.

She listened to him speak, watching as he turned full circle to admire everything and anything.

"We can explore, anything you want to see, anywhere, we'll go. You have my word... But... I want Midvinter to remain our home. It is my home."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom