Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Murder at Rosedge Manor (Invite Only)

Her Ladyship Nefertari Sovint, Countess of Rosedge, cordially invites you to a
party at her newly rebuilt manor. It shall take place this Benduday evening.
Black tie is expected.
Coordinates are enclosed with this invitation.
~***~

The invites had been sent out, eight in total, each one affixed with Nefertari's seal. Some of the guests she knew quite well, while the others not as much. It was sure to be a night to remember.

The lights and colors of Her Ladyship's childhood home were as vivid as had been in the house's prime. Simply marvelous.

"M'lady, 'tis a joy to see the family entertaining once more" said a shined up S-3DO, waiting to welcome those coming to this get-together.

"Indeed, Threedio. I am quite glad to be playing hostess. I wish some of the people from way back could see me now."

The first guest to arrive was a gungan Nef had met recently: Jad Jo Bari, Naboo ambassador to Chandrila and descendant of the Lady's master.

"Good evening to thou, ambassador" The protocol droid said, taking his overcoat.

"Muimui! Neffy, yousa got some nice duds" He said, complimenting Nefertari's dress.

Nef led her guest to the drawing room and poured him a drink. They chatted for a bit, and then the bell rang.
"If you would pardon me, ambassador, I do believe another guest has come."

The Countess left for the entryway to greet the new arrival with her butler.
[member="Aria Perugia"], [member="Astoach"], [member="Darth Raijin"], [member="Evan Kenner"], [member="Lord Vyse"], [member="Mit Tuxaire"], [member="Zak Dymo"]​
(OOC: Like many threads, there are some rules for this one. First and foremost being that destruction of the manor is prohibited. Nef's house has been damaged enough. [seriously, it got a huge hole blown in the wall in another thread]​
Second, openly carried weapons will be kept secure for you until your departure.​
Third, all forum rules apply.
Lastly, have fun! ^_^ )​

The bell to the manor rang as she awaited someone to answer. She was dressed up in a nice enough attire for the evening. Something to catch enough eyes while looking the part. It was all about looks after all, and Aria Perugia wanted to look her best. And to think she was here all because of pure coincidence. She had been gaining additional information for another job by "bumping" information out of a minor but influential senator. Of course you didn't get something for nothing, and Aria had managed to have her hands on the right strings that if any were cut it would ruin the senator's reputation. But that was when she'd seen the invitation from one [member="Nefertari Sovint"] . Given the nature of the party and how it had been a while since she had come to one of these parties she figured why not have a little extra fun while she could.​
Taken a false identity and giving minor alterations to her appearance Aria Perugia was now Amber Hugona, sister to Senator Hugona. It would be simple enough. Attend the party and act interested for as long as possible while scouting out potential thing's to steal. Not to mention any and all escape routes and security. And then it would either be today or whenever possible but she would eventually take what she wanted from her.​
Once the door was answered "Amber" stood there with her iconic red hat and smiled "Hello. I'm not late am I? The travel here was a bit of a bore."

Rosedge Manor was beautiful. Raijin had never seen anything like it, having basically gone from being a Sith to being a wandering Knight, and then to being a mercenary on Tatooine. He'd never noticed before just how little time he spent in the company of people who weren't his apprentices. This was going to be a welcome change. Despite the fact that he probably looked like some kind of a hick staring at the outside of a huge house without going in, he didn't move for several minutes.

Of course, he'd dressed up. He didn't know why he'd been invited, but it certainly wasn't out of whimsy. This Countess was a name he recognized. [member='Nefertari Sovint'] was quite definitely the same woman who was also a Jedi Knight, and a rather well-known one, at that. The wing-crowned Shard wondered whether she knew that "Raijin" was a former Sith and current Imperial Knight. Maybe that was the reason? The Jedi had to have heard about Hutt Cartel members suddenly going missing, right? If it'd been traced back to him... Was this a trap? Or was there something deeper going on?

He decided to stop thinking about it. As he walked in, a guard tapped him on the shoulder, and then blanched as he saw the blank face of the Shard's body. After about thirty seconds of their awkward staring contest, Raijin sighed and handed the man his lightsaber. The guy must've never seen a real lightsaber before, because his eyes lit up like a child's when they saw a neat toy. The former Sith chuckled and pat the man on the shoulder as he walked in, "If it means that much to you, kid, you can keep it. Just don't play around in here, yeah? I doubt the Countess would thank me for that."

[member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member='Aria Perugia']

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
For Evan, it had been a few weeks prior to him leaving the Republic and being...'kidnapped' by the wandering wild space crusaders, The Primeval, and lost contact with his friends in the Republic. After recieving a few messages from Riuku and, now, a....party invitation from [member="Nefertari Sovint"]?

This....this must be a trap...right?

Evan decided to go this time. He could not reach this 'secret location' he had been told of befor since he was stuck in a prison cell aboard the Primeval's flagship. Today, Evan decided to leave the flagship and attend this party at Rosedge. He had never been to a party before, never dressed as nicely as he did now either.

Evan landed his starship somewhere far enough away from the Rosedge manor to where it took about fifteen minutes alone just to walk to the Manor itself. After admiring the beauty of the location for a moment, Evan began to approach the front, seeing a few people already, but not noticing his old friend, Nefertari anywhere...

[member="Aria Perugia"] and [member="Darth Raijin"] arrived right around the same time.

Why had she invited the Shard again? Oh well, he seemed like he would behave himself. And if Evan showed up, another Dark Jedi to talk to wouldn't be a bad thing.
"Welcome, and good evening to the both of you."
looking at the woman in disguise, although Nef didn't know this yet, she couldn't help but ask
"You are clearly not Senator Hugona. However, you do look like her. Might I ask your name?"
When she answered that she was Amber, the Senator's sister, the Countess' suspicion cleared for the time being.

"I see. Would you be kind enough to come this way?"
Lord Raijin had checked his lightsaber. This made Nefertari think that while she required anything openly carried to be deposited with security, there were probably some concealed weapons on her guests. Not that she could blame them, there were few times Nefertari left without some sort of armament at her side.
The two new arrivals were led to the drawing room. The ambassador stood as good gentlemen should when a lady enters.

"Miss Hugona, Lord Raijin, this is Ambassador Bari of Naboo"
The bell rang
"Please help yourselves to drinks if you like."
Nefertari couldn't help but smile when she saw her friend [member="Evan Kenner"] at the door. He pulled off semi-formal quite well.
"Welcome to Rosedge, Evan. You look like you walked through the forest to get here, at least you avoided the stream."

Her hosting skills were getting sharper by the minute. If all went well, Nef might host another party in future. Maybe even go full white tie.
"Mister Evan Kenner" She said, leading him into the drawing room

A portrait of the family had been done before Nefertari had left on the mission which had left her on Dantooine for nearly 700 years. It now hung on the wall along with portraits of several other family members from over the years.

The small Nautolan sat in the kitchen, short legs kicking from atop a bar stool that was almost as tall as he was.

Master Neffy had referred to tonight's event as a party, but it didn't look like the youngling's idea of one. Where was the swimming pool? The slip and slide? They didn't even have a Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Nerf board set up. Seriously, as parties went, this was like the worst thing ever. And it hadn't even started yet.

Zak didn't even know what he was doing here, other than Master Neffy was throwing the party and he kinda got rolled up into whatever she was doing. The whole master-and-apprentice thing. It was like Jedi on wholesale. Two for the price of one.

He knew that his master was a countess, and all the holos suggested that these type of adult talk-you-to-death parties went hand-in-hand with the whole noble title thing, but what was he supposed to learn from this? How to bore friends and influence people?

Where had Zak gone? Nefertari wanted to introduce the kid to the others, and the ambassador would probably take a liking to him, but he was nowhere to be seen.

The little Nautolan had asked about a swimming pool. For Nef, at least for the time being, that was Adegan Lake about half a mile away. She had promised to take him there and make a day of it tomorrow if he could behave himself.

OK, the lake was ruled out. Which left the servants' part of the house and the upper floors. Nef didn't see the harm of that so long as he didn't go into the master bedroom. More than likely though, her padawan was just off the servants' hall in the kitchen where dinner was being prepared. If he decided to come into the drawing room, Zak would meet a pretty bombad gungan.

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan seemed to put on a surprised expression upon seeing [member="Nefertari Sovint"] again, and formally dressed. Not to mention despite recent events that should turn her against him and yet...here she is greeting him with such a sincere smile. Perhaps...the Jedi are not part of the problem? Or it could just be because this is Nefertari...

"Nefertari" Evan's confused frown turned into a smile, "I...it's nice to see you again. It comforts me that you greet me the way you are after...well, never mind. You look...fantastic!"

Evan didn't say the same for himself. His formal wear looked like a set of silver jedi robes with a black tie around the collar. It was clean before he trekked through the woods. The silver robes seemed to gleam off of his dark blue skin and his striking chiss red eyes. Evan had no visible weapons on him, he had left his training saber in his ship. He only carried a small holdout blaster concealed deep in the robes...just in case.

Didn't take much but Aria was in-like-Flynn now. After the sudden arrival of [member="Darth Raijin"] , whom Aria had taken time to realize was a shard all dressed up, she'd calmed enough to present herself in a more proper manner befitting someone of her false status. She thanked her and proceeded in with the others. Upon entering Aria was hit with what was basically a jackpot of a room, filled with plenty of rich items both on and off persons of interest. She took a drink and, when passing other party guests but of course was more interested in what she could take. Her eyes were practically fluttering as fast as her heart as her mind was a buzz with ideas.​
[member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Darth Raijin"]​

Raijin bowed to the Countess and the Gungan ambassador as he looked around the inside of this big room. It wasn't nearly as crowded as he'd expected. Not at all. Lady Sovint herself seemed interesting enough, but the Senator's sister... what was her name, again?... seemed to be very interested in the random bits that adorned the room. For a lack of anything he could partake in, he decided that it might be beneficial to find out about the political climate between the Republic and his new employers.

And so, the silver-plated Shard walked over to the woman standing next to the bar and greeted her, "Hello. I saw you enter behind me when I came in. Your name was... Amber? I'm Raijin."

[member="Aria Perugia"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member="Zak Dymo"]

Quality control was very important at Rosedge Manor.

To ensure only the finest appetizers departed the kitchen, strict measures were put into place as a control to prevent any platter from leaving the kitchen that was not prepared to the highest quality with flavors appealing to the most discerning palettes.

That control was also four feet tall and believed fish sticks to be the highest form of culinary cuisine in the galaxy.

The Ithorian spiced lettuce wraps were passable, but too spicy. The toasted rounds with shavings of heart of prime rib with a horseradish reduction sauce were too terrestrial. Meat wasn't really all that much in Zak's diet, unless it was the flesh of something with gills that swam around in water. So, naturally, the youngling had gravitated to the plate of krakayaki. Mined krakana meat, green onion, and spiced panko rolled up in a light batter and grilled before being served with a sweet and tangy krakayaki sauce.

"Zak, would thou take this platter out to thine master's guests?"

S-3DO, Master Neffy's protocol droid. And, yes, he really talked like that.

A krakayaki ball stuck in his mouth, the Nautolan managed to murmur, "Mhm-kay," before a tray of food was pushed off to his right hand, then a second to the left, and then he somehow managed to juggle a third as he staggered out of the kitchen with the effort to not spill anything in the intervening distance between the kitchen and the parlor where the guests were mingling.

"Food's up, brahs!"

Zak didn't stand on formality, but he did stand in the doorway full of energy as he telekinetically whipped one of the trays across the room, which somehow managed to survive intact as it slid into place on a small table amid the guests. Food was more fun when it was flying, and it wasn't technically a food fight if he didn't hit anybody with it.

Whoever in the cosmos had thought it a good idea to give Force powers to a nine year old had obviously not spent a great deal of time around third or fourth graders.

A second platter of appetizers survived its brief flight, as the Nautolan spun the remaining platter of krakayaki around on the palm of his hand. Tossing that would probably be akin to shooting bird shot from out of a shotgun, which might have been an appealing concept or effect for the padawan menace. However, he really wasn't in that big of a hurry to part with the plate of seafood hors d'oeuvres, so instead just held onto the platter and snacked on yet another krakayaki ball.

If he was lucky, no one else would ask to try one and he could make a meal out of this plate.

Well was not this the most fancy damn thing Astoach had ever seen, this card, all gilded in gold and shimmering in the dead light of the rising moon. He was late to the party, it seemed, extensively late, and the path he strode, line by the little brushes of thorn and skeletal twigs, nipped at his ankles as he skirted past. In the distance the vague silhouette of Rosedge rose in gleaming limelight, exposed on the horizon, ripe and delicious like a fruit for plucking. Astoach was unfamiliar why a Jedi would invite such a politician to a fancy party, and why these suits were in fashion, especially when they were both tightly fit, or so difficult to wash. The previous owner had generously donated this attire along with his invitation and assured Astoach that the hostess would be unfamiliar with his appearance. "It was out of political interest," he promised. It would be one hell of a post-mortem payback if that was a lie, one that would certainly blindside Astoach as he adorned the guise of the Republican Ambassador, a Welch Tride, a fancy-pansy little aristocrat from Naboo sleeping seven leagues under the sea with a rather prominent block of cement chained to his puffy ankle. In the dress of black suit and tie, with mask removed (a true rarity and trump card), exposing his rather handsome, but unimposing face, he was set to play his game from the perspective of a shadowy bystander.

Then in the midst of his daydream he nearly tripped on upturned stone, catching himself and serving only to boil in murky frustration. Nonetheless, he was here, Rosedge, the tremendous manor in dedication to a single Jedi Knight, and spoke awfully tremendous waves of self-absorption to Astoach. He never was necessarily true in this, as he always thought the worst of people, but as always he bit his tongue and approached the entrance, eying the defined archways and ornate architecture with a intrusive gaze, only be interrupted once again, but this time by lowly security. It was a man, dressed in rather modern attire fit for his career, and he, in turn, eyed Astoach with expectancy. Astoach, unfamiliar with the methods and practices of high society socialites, offered only an equally expectant stare in return. As the silence radiated like a growing bonfire between the pair, Astoach sought to break this deathly stillness, “Do you want a tip or something?”

“No, sir. I request that you hand over all of your weapons.”

Well feth there was the first speedbump in his plan. But luckily he was well stocked with an arsenal of well-fed lies to keep the knife-snatching vultures away, “I don’t have any.”

“Sir, then I must request you give me permission to pat you down.”

Son of a Bantha.

“I refuse.”

“Then I can’t grant you entry, sir”

This is quite the Sithspit.

“Why?”

“Isn’t it obvious, sir?

“Why the hell do you think I’m asking?”

How did he even get invited to such a fancy party with this kind of demeanor?

“You could hurt someone.”

With few options left, he was forced to express the vastly undesirable Plan C: The Ultimate Solution.

“Force be blessed you caught me, you sly dog you! I’m just keistering a couple hand grenades but thank the almighty you inquired, otherwise I might have forgotten. How about I squat over there and pop them out like a couple chicken eggs for you?”

“Sir, I’m-“

Astoach wiggled his hips slightly, “By the Light, I think I might have shoved a tank up there too. Silly me, I’m always losing things up there.”

“Sir-“

“You want to check up there for my hidden array of capital ships? If you aren’t careful I might unleash my fleet and invade the manor.”

“I-“

“Do your job, sir.”

The guard simply stared with clenched jaw, actually contemplating whether or not to follow suit. His pride seemed to win out over duty, following the almost visible battle of conscious that raged within his cap-covered cranium, and with that the guard slunk back into the shadows, nodding at Astoach with approval for entry. Astoach was satisfied, gently planting both hands on his hips as his heart swelled with the confidence of success, and approached the wide entryway, knocking politely on the surface and awaiting invitation to come inside.

[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Darth Raijin"] [member="Aria Perugia"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"]

As Vyse laid eyes on Rosedge Manor, he lamented for a brief moment, on his own family. He quickly pushed these thoughts out of his mind. Now is not the time he said to himself. As he continued his way to the Manor, he would study the surrounding areas, watching for any signs for traps. For you see, while Vyse has been in republic space in public as a exiled noble, in private he has been doing dirty work for senators, as so he must always be on his guard. But this time he is more relax then usual, as his host is a Jedi, and they are known for there honor. But also as he is a little excited. It is his first time meeting a Jedi, he hopes he will get to have a conversation with [member="Nefertari Sovint"].

As Vyse finished walking to the Manor, he saw what transpired between [member=Astoach] and the guard. This would raise Vyses guard. While the man was dressed the part of a aristocrat, he clearly was not. As Vyse continued forward, the guard would ask for Vyse's weapons as well. Vyse would hand over two BTI-WB Pistols. secretly keeping his holdout bolter that looked like a communicator, and two Czerka Fighting Knifes hidden in his shoes.

As Vyse now had to stand next to this Astoach, he thought it best start a conversation, so he would have a reason to keep a eye on him. "Greetings, what happened with you and that guard?"

[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Darth Raijin"] [member="Aria Perugia"] [member="Evan Kenner"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom