Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the_mygeeto_planet_by_osokin.jpg
Unidentified testing facility
Another day, another meeting, another person to suck up to. That was the usual case, but today was something a little more personal. Usually, Natalie wasn't the charitable type but she could make an exception, and in reality, what were a few droids to help with the construction of homes... right?

"I hope everything is in order, unless you want your job position to be terminated." Speaking aloud to her secretary, then turning around to find her "best friend" in the entire galaxy, Lunara Ochenta. "And what a pleasure it is to see you again, Lunara." smiling through her sarcasm. "Is there a particular reason as to why you've decided to sit in on this meeting that has absolutely nothing to do with your job title or position?"

Lunara grinned and continued walking to a seat at the side of the testing chambers. "I know as much as you dislike me, Miss LaForte, my money is the thing being spent on these droids. And need I not remind you, your pos".

Natalie held her finger up, clearly telling her to "shut up" and then spoke again. "Don't forget the Neimodian." smiling and storming out of the room to the landing pad, where, despite it raining, was awaiting the arrival of [member="Rosa Gunn"]. Although Natalie had not heard of her in specific detail, she hoped that they would become great acquaintances. Perhaps this is how she would remove the rumors of her being an evil dictator.

Downstairs, several models of IMF's droids would begin to line up awaiting testing.

Rosa Gunn

R
[member="Darth Mara"]

Another day, another meeting indeed. She'd been making tracks across the galaxy for weeks, meeting CEO's, agreeing on locations with politicians and most important of all, rebuilding the old city on Kiara. Her only blessed relief was the hours of hyperspace travel that allowed her time to catch up on mail, write to her husband and get some much needed rest and meditation. Rain cascaded off the hull of the Golden Rose, creating mini waterfall round rivulets as she brought it to a shuddering halt on the landing pad.

Dessed in black and white, she snatched up her travelling cloak, throwing it over her shoulders and pulling the hood up as the landing ramp descended. She padded down it wuickly, smiling at her host. She offered a hand in greeting, her other clasped on her hood the prevent it from falling down. "Miss LaForte, I presume? I'm Rosa Gunn, founder of the Boolon Foundation."

Natalie grasped it and replied. "Natalie LaForte and may I add what a pleasure it is to meet such a prestigious figure. Follow me through, we can walk and talk surely." Smiling and then taking the lead, occasionally looking back at Rosa. The facility was nothing special, as generic as you could get really. Pristine white walls with a few offices scattered throughout, all empty of course. Everybody that was here was assisting with the testing and ensuring nobody screws up, like last time. On the way, Natalie continued the small talk.

"So, could you tell me how long the Boolon foundation has been running for, and what exactly you do. I've read into you prior to his, obviously, but could you tell me where my specific products would be going?" Attempting to sound as polite and non-intrusive as possible.

Once she had answered the question, they would enter a large facility where some of her companions would be; with the most important and loud being Lunara who would of course dash to [member="Rosa Gunn"] in a hurry. As she approached, Natalie rolls her eyes up and whispers something to Rosa. "Don't speak to her for too long. She's annoying."

"Miss Gunn! How nice to finally see you in person, I hope your journey was all well?"

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa smiled, falling into step alongside Natalie as she led them out of the rain and into the complex. "Truth be told we've only been running a few months, but the response I've had has been phenomenal. at the moment, our priority task is to set up homes for those who have lost them, we've recently started rebuilding on old city on Kiara in the Outer Rim and I'm in planning stages of setting up more locations on Commener, in the Pii system, Denon and with some luck, somewhere in the Dominions territory. We're not looking to set up camps, but give refugees affected by war an opportunity to start a new life. alongside this, we're building sanctuaries that will be open to any and all who need them, equipped with dormitories and medical facilities. Where you products go, depend wholly on what you will provide."

She finished as the entered a conference room of sorts where Rosa was greeted rather enthusiastically by a loud vorzydiak her blue green hand seizing Rosa's. A small frown flashed across Rosa's face at Natalie's comment but she decided that it was best no to press the matter, despite its unprofessional nature.

"My journey was fine, thank you Miss...?" she trailed off, looking for an introduction.

"Ochenta. Just call me Lunara." Natalie squinted her eyes and then gave the vorzydiak and forced smile. "​Anyway, while the pleasantries are something I enjoy engaging in, shall I show you some of our products?" nodding to an engineer behind clear glass windows at the side. The lights in the room would flicker off, and then some platforms in the floor would begin to raise, coming from empty sections.

"I shall tell you a bit about our company while we are waiting. The Intergalactic Monetary Fund is an initiative to provide governments and private citizens the means of protecting themselves. Recently, we have expanded into producing non-combatant droids which I shall be showcasing here along with our regular models today." At the farther left platform, some lights would turn on, spotlighting the Z1-MCD

"This right here, is the Z1-Military Combatant droid, Z1-MCD for short. I don't believe this is something that your charity will be looking for specifically, it's very heavy duty though I thought I would show you it anyway. Heavy weaponry, a built in shield-generator and smoke-screen it has everything that you could possibly need for your daily security needs, I should mention though that they are essentially incapable of any sort of social interactions. Again, not something I imagine you would be interested in but just in case"

[member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa smiled. The idea that she needed protection was a sweet notion and something her husband would probably suggest....and then regret. For herself, this was not something she needed. However...

"Perhaps not just yet, but as the foundation grows, I think we will be more involved in conflicts and extracting people from them. In that instance, the Z1-MCD would be very useful indeed. Perhaps we can put it on a list to discuss at a later date?"

Assuming of course, that all went well here today.

[member="Darth Mara"]

"Certainly. We'll move onto our latest product and the one that will suit your needs best." Pointing to the next platform. "This is the Z1-Non military combatant droid, Z1-NMD for short." It would rise from the floor below and present in the same fashion as the one previously. "The Z1-NMD, as stated in its name, is designed for non-military use. Whether it be as a servant or a construction droid, it is sure to fulfill your needs as required. Using our state of the art pacifist module, it is essentially incapable of harming any organic being."

Natalie would allow Rosa to look at it before moving to the side and picking up some sort of weapon. "And with every Z1-NMD donated, we will also be providing you with a Z-Light gun, which has a built in distress and emergency beacon." Then handing it to Rosa, and continuing on with her standard policy notices, "All products being displayed on-site today require a central control computer in order for them to function. Independent droid brains have no been installed on any models showcased today."

[member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa turned the weapon over in her hand, before returning it to the stand Natalie had taken it from. She had no need of weapons, the droids however could be put to use, though there was that one, rather large snag with them.

"A central control?" she repeated, taking her eyes off the droid and settling them on Natalie. She'd learnt enough from Kaili to know that that was not a good idea. "Surely not?" she shook her head in disappointment. "I'm sorry, but the security risks entailed with a central brain for so many droids are simply too high, not to mention impractical. We're travelling across the galaxy and a central computer can be a rather bulky thing to carry around."

She hoped the Miss LaForte had another card to play. While she needed all the help she could get, Rosa was not fool enough to accept impractical donations for the sake of not hurting someones feelings. Besides which, she'd never hear the end of it from Kaili. "What have you got that has an independent droid brain?"

[member="Darth Mara"]

"Well, we do have a starship that offers a central control with protection, but if you are looking for independent droids then I shall arrange for a different model that I was not planning on showcasing" smiling and then looking to the engineer, he could be seen panicking sightly attempting to order something to the room. The lights would flicker on again and Natalie's eyes would blink closed rapidly as they adjusted to the new brightness.

She couldn't understand why people don't like the central control computers. Much easier to-.. they're cheaper. That's why. Installing one of those droid brains in every model requires a large amount of effort and money that she didn't feel sinking into such menial projects. Regardless, there was something that could be of assistance. The doors would slam open and in would walk the Z2-MCD, and then Natalie would follow.

"These are our Z2-Millitary Combatant droids, however unlike its predecessor has models that do not require a central control computer to operate. Repulsorlift reactors and overall a heavy design, with mounted scatterguns. I suppose we could actually have them retrofitted to remove the weapons if you want and replace them with utility tools, such as those present on the Z1-NMD, though I would have to draw up some schematics on that and get back to you. I should also mention we could reduce the reactor size in them and have them be able to carry passengers as cargo, functioning similar to a combat medic in essence."

[member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa pursed her lips in thought, not missing the slight panic on the engineers face as he tried to produce something new at his bosses unspoken request. The fact the Miss LaForte was being so flexible gave Rosa the impression that should could perhaps push for this to go a slightly different direction.

"Perhaps, if you are willing to, we could instead look at drawing something up from scratch? I like the idea of a medical droid, even more so if it can be equipped to both manage in a medical facility and in the field should it be required. Only of course if you are happy to? i understand it is a big ask for a foundation seeking donations, but it would sell well on the Open Market as well."

[member="Darth Mara"]

"Now that is an idea I like the sound of, and certainly something within our reach. Do you have any ideas on what it should specifically do, heavy duty rescue, hospital field work, recovery of injured persons? I don't know if you've worked in the creations of droids before but often, the concept is more important than the execution. We can virtually make anything happen with our extensive range of materials, metals, sub-systems and weapons."

Natalie would give a gesture with her hand and the engineer would wipe his head with a sigh of relief, calling all of the droids through the central computer to exit the room and return to whatever pre-assigned stations they should be at.

[member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
"Well, no" she replied with a small laugh. "I have no experience in making droids at all, but I do have experience as a healer so I know what is needed."

She paused for thought. "Specifically, it will need to be able to carry out hospital work both in the field and out. If it can assist in stabilising a patient in the field, help move it and then continue further treatment in a secure medical facility it would be a wonderful asset. Search and rescue would also be a great help, even if it can simply identify and locate lifeforms that, in itself would mean others could get the patient out far quicker than normal."

[member="Darth Mara"]

"Certainly" keeping a mental note to herself. "However I do have some concerns. The issue with having a heavy duty droid being able to recover patients and work in hospital is problematic and in my professional opinion would warrant two separate models, which isn't really a problem." she would pause for a second. "Actually... that is... doable. More than doable. I shall get to planning it and get back to you as soon as possible." offering her a hand shake.

"I shall call you up when I get everything in order."

[member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Delighted, Rosa took Miss Laforte's hand. "Thank you very much, I appreciate it." She nodded to Lunara and the others in the compound before taking her leave. She had another appointment to attend to above Tygara, with a certain Butcher and CEO of a very large conmpany she was hoping to get a sizeable donation from.

When Natalie was ready, she would return and they could complete their deal.

[member="Darth Mara"]

[OOC: when your ready with the droid(s) we can carry on in this thread or start a new one if you like, i'm easy either way, just tag me when you're ready.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom