Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship MT Shipyard/ Factory MK I

Status
Not open for further replies.
large_cdf_horizon_station_earth_orbital_5_3d_model_max_pz3_pp2_758f07cd-499f-4145-9d2d-433a00c0cd4b.jpg

Image Credit: http://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/space/other/cdf-horizon-station-earth-orbital-5
Intent: To create a standard ship yard for MandalTech.
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: MandalTech
Model: MT Shipyard/ Factory MK I
Affiliation: MandalTech
Modularity: Yes (Can be adjusted to produce various types of Ships, droids, and equipment)
Production: Minor (3 shipyards exactly. Taris, Wayland, Ordo)
Material:
Quadranium (hull & frame), Glasteel (viewports), Reinforced Duraplast (viewport shutters), Durasteel (mechanical arms)
Description:
To increase production and company ability to provide fast efficient service to clients MandalTech designed the Shipyard/factory MK I. The MK I or “Mark one” is a standard shipyard and factory that gains its appeal from its ability to be quickly refitted and adjusted to stream from one kind of production to another. The Shipyards four main spires contain the reactors, residential areas, storage and command/control bridge. The connecting structures hold the main construction and manufacturing areas. Do to this design the mark one can work on multiple projects at the same time or have all areas working on the same project based on the client’s needs. The station was not designed to be a combat platform although capable of repelling a small force it would still require help from various ships in an Orbit.

Classification: Orbital
Shipyard
Role: Orbital Construction and Repair station
Height: 2km
Width: 2km
Length: 2.5km
Power Core Generator/Reactor: 3 Solar Ionization Reactors
Hyperdrive Rating: N/A
Minimum Crew: 5,000
Optimal Crew: 30,000

Armaments:
  • Laser Cannons (12; quad barrel, turreted; two per module)
  • Mass Driver Cannons (4; located on the top of the platforms)
Hangar:
  • Starfighters (one squadron per module),
  • Shuttles (4 per module),
  • Construction Barges (two per module),
  • Medium Transports (two per module)
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Standard Sensor Array,
  • Standard Life Support System
  • Standard Internal Security System (remote lock blast doors bypassed by slicer, emergency release, key card, or passcode.)
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams (12 Projectors)
Passenger Capacity: 5,000
Cargo Capacity: 180,000 metric tons
Consumables: 1 Standard year
Sublight Speed and Manoeuvrability: 12 (can adjust orbit slightly)

[member="Ordo"]

While everything mostly checks out, that internal security system makes me a bit nervous. It basically looks like a "You can't ever board and take over this station" card. I'd like to have it detailed out in a tech sub, giving more detail into the various systems and their strengths and limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom