Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Forward

Darren Onyx

D
So Tef and me have discussed some events that we could possibly do. This thread is to help us decide our next move and our current plans of action. I have been off doing my character's story and what not and have not been to into the recent events. I didn't even know about the Empress till a few days ago. So from what I understand we are focusing on the Mandalorians. I might be wrong but still.

After talking with Tef we came to the agreement that I would run by all my current ideas with you before telling him or any of the other staff. So if someone could give me a quick run down on what the current state and plans of the Empire are that would be much appreciated. Then I'll get into my ideas.

Mandalorians aren't at war with the Empire anymore. They are not allied, though, and apparently that is due to the Mandalore's opinions of the Sith and will likely not happen.

There are two ways the faction can go about this: ignore the Mandalorians or attempt to get a Sith sympathetic Mandalore. Getting a Sith sympathetic Mandalore would better assure that the Mandalorians won't ally with the Republic, yet it'll take a lot of time to find someone suitable to take Emberli's throne. Ignoring the Mandalorians is faster for us eventually focusing on the Republic, yet it opens the option of them starting another war against the Sith.

One idea I have is to contact the Witches of Dathomir (WOD) and attempt to keep them from acting against the Empire. If WOD goes by canon, then we cannot have Sith appear before them - because they "never consent to evil." Also, we could also distract them by supporting Nightsisters and prompting them to wage war against the lightsided witches. The second part of my plan involves utterly crushing the Echani and forcing them off their world - as a demonstration of power (we need one) and provoking the Republic.

Otherwise, we can keep what we're doing for a while and launch Dominions on the worlds Galactic East of the Republic.

Darren Onyx

D
See my plan was similar but with slight differences. I think we should just take them out. Or at least force them into our side (by pushing them back far enough). They aren't large enough to take us down so they aren't top priority.

What IS top priority is the Mandalorians and Republic. The Mandalorians seem like the way to go. I personally think we should try and get an alliance with them. They are a strong and growing faction that could potentially threaten us, especially if we are at war with the Republic. It is crucial that we have them at bay if we choose to attack the Republic.

So my main idea is to focus on one specific item. This is going to sound far fetched and I know I will get alot of hate and laughter but I'll say it anyways. We rebuild the Death Star. But bigger. Better. We have newer technology that those before didn't have. In case anyone is wondering, the blueprints are in the tomb with the crime lord Durga the Hutt on Hutta (That is a hyperlink to his profile). He himself tried to build it but was stopped by the Rebel Alliance. If we build it in Sith Space, like over Korriban, the Republic would be hopeless to stop us.

Of course something like this would take time, approval of the Empress, and the dedication of the Empire.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Here's my take. Subject to change, of course.

We will never be able to get an alliance with the Mandos, not after a war that big. What we do have already is a very firm non-aggression pact. The Mandos want neutrality and security. By ignoring them and going straight for the Republic, we separate them. Individually, their factions are weaker than ours. Together, they're our equals. Therefore, we ignore the Mandos until they attack us. The instant we attack them, they join forces with the Republic again.

We currently have Sirella Valkner's forces pushing down the Perlemian and Tirdarius's forces pushing down the Braxant Run towards the Republic.

The 'middle ground' nations are distractions who would happily remain neutral. Thus, we are going around them and striking at our most important and weakest enemies: The Republic and the Jedi. This will give us a very quick start to a very important war. All other concerns are secondary.

Darren Onyx

D
Alright. Just talked to Tef about rebuilding the Death Star. As long as we wait at least a month after the Clockwork Rebellion, we have a go.

Darren Onyx

D
Well I say we take the next month to plan on it all. Location is really key. We need a place that is deep in our territory but at the same time not near our homeworld. We don't need the Death Star to be attacked when it is over our home.

I also suggest a name change on it. Something more... Sith and.. current.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Death Star in this instance is a metaphor for Superweapon, and there are numerous routes we could take in the development and execution of such a device.

Darren Onyx

D
Well we have a month. Based on the situation, we still need the plans. We can't just build. We need to assemble a team of men willing to travel into Hutta and steal the plans. I'll lead the team if that is ok with you? @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Steal the plans? Are we the Rebel Alliance? Who is this fool and why doesn't he know me. I will make the plans.

Darren Onyx

D
The plans have a location. The original readout of the station is on Hutta. Once we get those we can add, take away, or change whatever we want. But it is in our best interest to get the original plans first. I don't think Sith are just allowed to walk around on Hutta either.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
I think you're still clinging to the idea of us using the actual death star, as in the one from the movies.

Why do we need to do that? Why can't we just make our own Superweapon and give it power and weaknesses ourselves?

Darren Onyx

D
It's not that we are building that exact model. The plan is that we get the original plans to the original Death Star and add to it and make it our own. The blueprints are just the foundation. The final product will be our own weapon.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Dark Onyx said:
It's not that we are building that exact model. The plan is that we get the original plans to the original Death Star and add to it and make it our own. The blueprints are just the foundation. The final product will be our own weapon.
No, whatever product we make will be known as "Death Star II" or III or however many they were. Why strip the entire creative process when we could make what is truly our own weapon?

EDIT: Take the Freelancer Faction for instance. Instead of being considered an original idea of Super-Soldiers in starwars it was labeled a halo copy-over, because it was a halo copy-over and no thought was put in to it. The same thing would happen if we made a Death Star. All it would be is rebooting an old story, and there are simply several avenues we could explore instead to create a planet buster or super-weapon.

Darren Onyx

D
Trust me. I love the idea of going all in and making our own superweapon. The problem is that we need people to know what it looks like. The size, scale, color, shape, everything. I am all for the idea though. If you really want to make our own then let's go for it. I say, however, we get everyone to share their opinion on the matter. It would only be fair. I do however, agree. We can build our own. I still say we get the blueprints to at least see how the laser is powered and what not.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
The death star was made over 800 years ago. It's not mysterious or ancient Sith tech. The power sources used on the Death Star will be horrendously obsolete.

And PM me your next response, because we're clogging this thread up.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Yeah there is already a campaign being worked on about this that I've talked with both the Republic and Sith heads, and even posted it a few weeks ago in the staff area....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom