Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Move Like Water

Alana Sunrider

A
Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Alana just nodded as she shifted slightly more to one side of the doorway to allow others to come in and out. The first segment of the lesson seemed to be coming to a close and she didn't want to get in anybody's way. "Yeah. Guess education does go a long way to being of value. Especially without a place to call home."

She assessed the small group. "Looks like there's a good start to this re-established Jedi Order here."

A Light Shining in Darkness
A good start is all we need…”, Wyatt offered with a reassuring smile.​
One goal post at a time, as they say.”​
Wyatt glanced to the other lessons, and noticed they were moving to the next step of their lessons. He wanted to jump in - to spread his knowledge about, as it was one of his favorite pastimes as a Jedi Master; but he knew it wasn’t his moment. Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo was the leader of this, it wasn’t his place to take that away from him - and Wyatt couldn’t help but feel a touch of pride in the Padawan for taking the initiative.​
Tell me, Alana - What do you think we should do next?”, Wyatt said as his attention came back to the Sunrider Jedi.​
As a Jedi Order, overall. I like to ask everyone.”, which was true. One could ask solely the Masters what they thought - but he’d already seen that ego quickly clouds judgement for many. Too focused on their intrepations, their ideal set up for the Order - it had grown tiresome to try and convince them of compromise, so Wyatt had resorted to listening for the sake of knowledge, to temper their advice with his own intuition.​

Alana Sunrider

A
Alana raised an eyebrow as Wyatt asked her the question. "What do I want to do? As the Jedi Order?" She looked around and shrugged. "Help people. We talk all about helping others, protecting others." She waved a hand idly. "But these younglings..." She gestured to the class in the station. "That's all they are. Others. And that's all we are to most people of the galaxy. Others. Powerful, strange others who can bend minds to our will and force people to aid us."

She paused to let the words sink in. "We're not protecting nameless masses. We're protecting sentient individuals. People with lives and feelings and concerns. And these younglings, if they grow up in the station, without interacting with the rest of the galaxy? They never will get a chance to know who exactly they're fighting for. People won't trust us if they only see us as magical soldiers. Let's go out and do things. Earn the trust of the galaxy. Earn the trust of the people we're trying to protect."

Alana stepped away from the doorway. "That's what I would do. And I'm trying to do with the Republic Jedi in the Core, based out of Dremulae. Their faith was shaken badly by the events of the Alliance fall. For multiple years, they knew Jedi to be soldiers, warriors, above ordinary people. And we failed them. Let them suffer. That's a massive breach of trust and it takes time to rebuild that."

She rested her hands on her lightsaber hilts. "Hope you like honesty."

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

I love honesty, Alana.”, Wyatt mused, smiling at her all too true tangent.​
With the Silver’s abandonment of the Outer Rim to the Sith, to the Galactic Alliance’s failure and betrayal at the hands of Taali Raaf, and even the more recent conflict between the Jedi of the Republic and Grayson Imperium; there was a growing resentment for the Jedi they hadn’t seen since the claims they were the ones who attacked Chancellor Palpatine in an attempt to Coup the Republic. Wyatt sighed at the thought, but she was right;​
It’s often tough to… relate, to those not sensitive in our ways; at least one on one. At our core, we feel different, sense different, and are dangerous simply by the act of living.”, he idled in thought.​
But you bring up a good point. Even the Padawans have to be acclimated to social life outside of Peace…”, he said as a hand run to his chin.​
... What about a uh…”, he hesitated, as he reconsidered. His idea had started alright at the beginning of his sentence, but it had grown stupid by the end.​
... A Jedi Meet and Greet.”, Wyatt offered with slightly embarrassed smile.​

Alana Sunrider

A
Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Alana nodded slightly as the Master spoke. "I grew up scavenging shipwrecks on Ambria. That forged me into who I am. We need real-world experiences to truly grow." She considered the rest of his words and then ducked farther into the training room, standing against the wall to watch the training lessons. "A meet and greet?" She looked at him. "Like other people meeting Jedi? And Jedi meeting others?"

It was an interesting idea. Not something that Jedi usually did, but it could work. After a moment, she gave a grin. "Stang, why not? What could go wrong? It'd be good for people."

It certainly could.”, he offered with a mild laugh.​
Thank you, Alana - I appreciate your advice.”​
Wyatt stood himself from the wall, glancing at a final look at the training, knowing that under Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo it would work great. A turn of his head, and he entered into the hallways behind them;​
Stay strong, Alana. May the Force be with you.” - he offered, before finding his way towards another part of Peace; very likely to set up a meet and greet of the Jedi with non force users.​

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv furrowed his brow momentarily at his peer's sudden discomfort but said nothing. He chose instead to allow Aaran the time he needed to recollect himself. At Auteme's words, he grinned and cracked open the can. The sound itself was satisfying enough Ryv almost shed a tear. He slowly brought the drink to his lips before taking the first sip of the glorious, carbonated nectar. As always, the first sip struck the padawan the strongest. Where bubbles popped and assaulted his tongue, he could feel the cool drink wash over it and wipe away the strange sensation. He was halfway through the can before finally slowing and lowering it. He fought down a burp before wiping away the leftover drink at the corners of his lips. It appeared like he was ready to officially join in the conversation, but once more stopped himself and finished the rest of the can.

"Man, that's good stuff," Ryv crushed the spherical can a bit as he walked over to the nearest bin to trash it. After tossing it, the kiffar wandered back over to the group. He lifted some of Auteme's leftover notes and held them a bit higher so she wouldn't have to work as much to get everything put away. "Yeah, I do need more practice. Maybe I'll come to a few more of these classes, do some sessions after work," Ryv looked over at Aaran at his questions and answers. The Silver Jedi order came up so often, yet he hadn't had the opportunity to learn much about them. Ryv made a mental note to ask Auteme about it at a later date. Perhaps she could shed a bit of light, given her former stay with the order.

"Why'd I come?" the kiffar rubbed at the back of his neck, leaning forward a bit as he kicked at nothing. "The Imperator just brought me along, if I'm being honest. It was my day off, he stopped by my apartment and asked if I wanted to join him actually," a smile grew on the padawan's face as he threw up his head and let out a laugh. His shoulders and hair bounced up and down sincerely at the sudden memory. "It was so funny, dude. He parked his massive freaking corvette right above my apartment and dropped on it like he was some kinda spec-ops guy," he wiped away at a tear that managed to escape from the overwhelming wave of laughter. "Oh boy, so many people were freaking out. My neighbors thought I was an imperial agent beforehand, I bet they're having a party over it."

Though the story certainly lifted the kiffar's spirits, he wasn't too sure why he decided to stay. Work wasn't his thing given how lazy he is. On top of that, he might be the worst Jedi at the station. Yet, something made him stay.

"Honestly, it might seem a little crazy, but I stuck around for my old man," Ryv looked away from the others as the conversation grayed a bit. "He was very outspoken against the Jedi splitting up during the fall of the republic. When the Silver Jedi Order was formed, so many Jedi died in the aftermath at the hands of the One Sith. My pops used to tell me if we didn't figure things out and find common ground, the bad guys would win. I'm starting to think he was right," he looked back to the group and did his best to hide the feeling of sadness weighing over him. "When I first boarded Peace, I thought I saw him. He was just sorta chilling at the end of a hall. When I got there he was gone, but it felt right. Like the force was trying to show me the way."

The last clone

CT - 2505 (Bernie)
Bernie docked his old arc - 170 in the hanger of the great station and headed into the maze of corridors. He was on his way to his quarters after being out on a surveillance mission in the nearby systems. Bernie still found it hard to walk around other force users, especially since he was a Jango Fett clone. When the order was issued, he had been horrified to see so many of his brothers slaughter their generals without a second thought. He of course refused to attack his noble general - General Kenobi.

The former clone was snapped out of his thoughts as he noticed a group of Jedi younglings. Dear god. The memories came flooding back to him. Younglings were shot on the spot without hesitation. He heard stories of a Sith named Darth Vader slashing through them with a lightsaber.

Shaken up badly, Bernie fumbled along and managed to find his quarters before abruptly passing out on his bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom