Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Morut be' Verda

Status
Not open for further replies.
hells_gate_1.jpg

Name: Morut be' Verda "Haven of Warriors"

Image Sources: Google Image Search, Hell's Gate (Avatar Film)

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/78486-building-a-new-home/?p=1173159

Classification: Private Paramilitary Installation

Affiliation: Verda ures Alii'gai

Description: The jungle stronghold known as Morut be' Verda is a former Mandalorian stronghold that lies in the depths of Yavin IV's vast jungle. The massive clearing that supports the facility is surrounded by a massive wall that is only accessible by land through it's front gate that leads into the jungle on an old Mandalorian route that has seen little activity over the past decade and has since been taken back by nature. The facility holds two towers, a barracks, and a hangar bay located in the rear of the installation.

History: The installation that would become Morut be' Verda was once a Mandalorian outpost during the height of the war with the Sith Empire and found use during that time peroid. It was abandoned after the fall of Dromund Kaas and would fall into disrepair until the re-emergence of the Death Watch. The facility was refit and resupplied by Death Watch sympathizers looking to spread the reach of the splinter group's influence and earn favor with the 'Sole Ruler'.

As such, the facility was changed into a staging group for pirating and guerilla fighting against Mandalorian patrols and traders throughout Mandalorian Space while maintaining caution against attracting the eyes of the Rekali who controlled the Gordian Reach. After their discovery, V/A was contracted with the destruction of the ragtag militia and the capture of the facility before the Death Watch could make use of it themselves.

It would be here that the first 'Siege' operation would take place on Yavin IV and after taking the facility the leader of Verda ures Alii'gai, Tyran Vizsla, decided to take the base for his own and station his new PMC in the installation. The facility was rebuilt and retrofitted to run operations for the private military company where they remain today.

Population:

On Site Base Residents - 250 population capacity

* Private Soldiers - 200
* Research & Development Personnel - 20
* Infiltration and Retrieval Operatives - 30

Defenses:

* N/A

Points of Interest:

* Command Tower - Shortened to 'Tower' by field operatives, the Command Tower is the center of V/A's operations on Yavin IV and operational support for units in the field. 'Tower' functions as the proverbial brain by coordinating nearly all operations conducted from it's Command Center and houses both the Server Room and a Debriefing Room. A large Anti-Aircraft Gun Emplacement was placed on the very top of the building to protect the former installation from airborne threats. Only the base of the AA gun remains from the attack by V/A.
Image Source (Command Tower): http://www.scifiscoop.com/tag/avatar/page/4/
Image Source (Command Center): http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Operations_Center

* Hangar Bay - Located near the Command Tower on the north side of the base to the rear of both the Command Tower and Auxiliary Tower.

* Auxiliary Tower - Centered to the right of the Command Tower and in front of the Hangar Bay, the Aux. Tower houses the R&D Division, the Armory, and the Executive Meeting Room.

Intent: To flesh out V/A's jungle installation on the moon of Yavin IV.

[member="Tyran Vizsla"]

Hello and welcome to Codex. I'll be your judge on this one.

I am going to need to see image sources listed for every image linked in this submission. Also, the "Hangar Bay" link is not working.

Since this is a military base with defences present, this will require a dev thread. 10 posts will be sufficient. This should focus on obtaining the defences and/or building them up.

Overall this is a well written and coherent submission. As soon as the dev thread is finished, this should be good to go! Tag me once you are done or if you have any questions.

Thanks

[member="Tyran Vizsla"]

This submission is being put up for archival due to inactivity. Once the dev thread is finished and you're ready to have this judged, PM either [member="Valiens Nantaris"] or [member="Lorelei Darke"] to get it back out.

Archival.

In order to provide more threads for Verda ures Alii'gai and better defenses overtime instead of 'ancient' weapons, I took away the defenses and will be added them through future threads. Changes have been made and the development thread has been made, instead focusing on the capture of the military base.

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

[member="Tyran Vizsla"]

Apologies for the wait! Tags must not have gotten through.

Defences can be added later by applying for submission modifications. When you do, remember to include links to appropriate threads

A clarification on image sources: we require these links to either lead to the original artist or the page where you found them from. A link to just the image does not qualify. Please adjust.

Tyran Vizsla said:
The defenses of the installation are near ancient in design being that they are salvaged from various locations across the galaxy, only recently retrofitted in an attempt to provide some defense against attack while the fledgling company gets off the ground.
Considering defences have been removed, this part is now misleading. Probably an oversight. Please adjust.

Thanks

[member="Tyran Vizsla"]

Woops! It seems you removed everything under "Description". Hope you didn't delete it all! I was only referring to the part mentioning the defences that are no longer there. This part of the template will have to be present before I can approve this.

Oops, my bad. My computer must of deleted them when I added the links. I originally had only deleted the defenses part.

Fixed and ready to go!

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom