Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morph-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a substance that could be responsible for triggering a mutation in DNA
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

• Classification: Mutagenic
  • Method of Consumption: First Exposure: Inhaled before extreme physical stress is applied to the body. Will not work without stress applied, such as torture. Following Exposures: Can be injected right into blood stream without torture applied.
  • Average Life: 6 Months
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: Addiction
SPECIAL FEATURES

• This substance is applied via a spray that is inhaled by the subject. After inhalation the body needs to be put through extreme stress to activate the substance. After activation this substance will morph the users DNA, creating mutagenic properties and special abilities in the user. The abilities depend on the user, as every set of DNA is different so reacts differently to the mutation.
STRENGTHS

• Provides unique powers to the individual such as super strength, x-ray vision, the ability to fly, super speed etc.
WEAKNESSES

• There is no way to control what ability will be granted by this substance. It relies entirely on the DNA of the test subject.
  • The effects wear off after six months without another dose, creating a reliance on the drug if abilities are to be kept.
  • The drug is highly addictive and a person who stops using it will suffer withdrawals, weakness, shakes, sweating, and in extreme cases seizures.
  • To activate the drug in the blood stream the body must be put through extreem stress, usually through pain. After the initial activation a person can be injected with the substance for the desired results.
  • The drug remains inactive in the DNA of the individual for their lifespan but requires continued dosage to keep it activated

DESCRIPTION
SyntheCure is an established producer of Plasto-Cast. The company wanted to branch out into helping non-sentient life forms and soon started to test on different animals. During a routine test the researchers in charge of developing the cast accidentally caused a fire. In the chaos that ensued the ingredients of the Plasto-Cast were mixed with the blood of a Voxyn. At first the scientist did not notice anything as they relocated the non-sentient beings to safety and put out the fire. In the weeks to come however the tainted contents of the Plasto-Cast were applied to several non-sentient and the scientists realized the strange mutagenic properties of the mixture. After several more tests the scientists applied for a grant to test on sentient life forms, but they were denied this request due to safety concerns by their Internal Review Board. Frustrated with the rejection, the two lead scientists who made this discovery decided to perform their sentient trials anyway in secret. They are currently recruiting test subjects to turn into mutants. Some of these subjects are willing but others are forced into the experiments.

Morph-X is administered through a spray. The substance then binds with the DNA of the subject and starts to mutate the DNA while the body is put through extreeme physical stress and pain. This mutation usually creates interesting powers to develop that are often difficult to control. After the first exposure the drug remains dormant inside the DNA of the individual, but a booster injectable must be administered every six months to keep the unique powers active.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Kitter Bitters Kitter Bitters

Hello! Today I will be your judge.

It’s a very interesting and creative substance (I love superhuman abilities in comics, and it’s reminiscent of them), but I would like to make a few minor comments:
  • In the Affiliation section, please link your account, either your bio thread, Marketplace thread, or your OOC account.
  • For the Side Effects section, I would recommend adding the addiction, this is optional, just to avoid misunderstandings.

That's all it would be, if you fixed it, please let me know!

John Locke John Locke that would be really difficult to do because the goal was to basically create something that could make people have any power they wanted... like the X Men and how they are mutatns and dont need an origion story like Spider-Man etc did. None of the OP powers of Thanos or anything but more general things like:

• Controlling fire
  • Controlling the weather
  • Turning into liquid
  • Super strength
  • Super Speed
  • Controlling Ice
  • Super hearing
  • Leaping tall buildings in a single bound...

Basically all stuff you can do with the Force anyway. I don't know what to say in the submission. Do you want me to list every possible power or is there some way to phrase it so as to describe what I mean? The general idea was letting people use their imaginations and develop some type of power that makes sense for their character. Like maybe someone who has an explosive temper gets dosed and then ends up being able to combust things or some shy character gets the drug and can go invisible for 30 seconds.

While I understand what you're going for, are these powers force-based? Or biologically based? Because at the moment it feels very much like you're going the line of a cross-over RP which is not allowed under the Chaos rules.

While a lot of the powers you describe are able to be achieved through the force, I don't think using the force is your aim here. Powers such as these generally don't exist in Star Wars outside of the force, hence my concern.

hmm actually I can see what you are saying. I mean I did get the idea from another universe. Perhaps it’s not the best idea to pursue this storyline.

What I wanted to do was make a mutant that basically could liquify itself. Like this character from Batman Beyond. Do you think that’s something I could make without subbing the substance that made her that way? Or would a character like that be sorta off limits because of the cross over rule?

depending on that answer I could either:
1. Change my submission to reflect only her power and it will be for her backstory

OR

2. We could deny this submission because it’s really pushing the bounds and I could find a different character concept.

I will leave that decision in your expert hands and will have no hard feelings either way since I do legitimately see what you are concerned about.

Honestly, looking through this submission I think that reworking it to help with your specific character concept might be the best thing for this. If you'd like I can move this back to the pre-factory while you work on it. There are liquid-based species, such as the Polydroxol, that have the look you want, however, you'd have to remake your character's genetic code to the Polydroxol, or a custom made species.

Oh wow that species is exactly what I want! I think if I just make my character that species I won’t need a submission. She could liquify herself just because that’s what her species can do.

Does that sound right?

John Locke John Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom