Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morning Prayers {Jedi Order}

Coruscant:
Jedi Temple, Padawan Living Quarters:

Religion was something that honestly confused me. No matter how much anyone had explained various Gods and Goddesses to me, none of it made sense. But believing in something felt important. It seemed like I had to think there was something out there besides what we could see and touch. Over time a part of me developed theories, ideas, and formed my own sort of... religion, I guess. Science dictated it, while still allowing the supernatural to take part in a way that made logical sense. For the most part it had served me well, filling the gap that had been growing in my chest.
Energy cannot be created or destroyed, merely transferred or changed in format.
When someone dies, where does their energy go?
Does it go around them, becoming the planet they lived on?
Or does it gather, forming a soul that will take on another life in another body?
Perhaps it does either, or neither.
What if it scatters, and a person becomes the universe, becomes a unique, important part of it?
That is what I hope. I hope to one day return to where life came from, the stars, the earth, the vast galaxy. Science tells us that that chemicals and elements that make life up came from a star's nucleus, and were sent out when that star exploded or died. So screw Gods and Goddesses. A star died so that we may all live. What made the shining orbs of gas is unknown to me, though that does not matter. The beauty of the universe is enough to satisfy my soul. Nature is something to be adored and studied. Or at least that's what I think.
Ever since I started weaving my own idea of why we exist, what happens to us after we die, and other things religions cover, I've made it a daily routine to 'pray' in the morning. Many other padawans do similar things, though they send their thanks and wishes to those they believe in. Nothing wrong with that. I doubt everyone in existence will ever all believe the same thing, even if a God were to come out from the heavens to deliver their holy (or unholy) message. Just another part of life.
Kneeling at the foot of my bed, I cupped my hands and held them in my lap, in a way close to how I usually meditate. Then I sat still for a moment, focusing my thoughts and centering myself. Using the force I reached out, feeling the energy flowing around me. It was peaceful, relaxing. Something I'd never willingly give up. And then I spoke, reciting the words I speak every day.
"Traveler of the stars, essence of the universe, creation of nature. Endless energy connecting us all... Science is future, future is science. The beauty of the worlds is all I need. Let it guide me, direct me, and show me where the path lies hidden. May others find their way, following the erratic journey of fate. Traveler of the stars, be at peace." My voice was soft, but even so it seemed to carry, filling the near-empty room with ease. Once that was done I turned to rise, wishing to train, or perhaps even attempt to socialize.

Nala was walking down one of the hallways when she'd heard the praying. She'd been up early in the morning, as she tended to do sometimes, to see the sun rising over the part of Courascant that the temple was situated in. It was always a lovley sight, reminding her of home and how the sun rises would be just as beautiful. Now it was time for a decent breakfast and Nala was hungry as ever. But as she was walking down she'd heard the praying come from one of the rooms she passed. She'd stopped, never hearing anything like it before, and poked her head in to see who it was doing it. She wasn't familiar with the padawan but she seemed at peace with her prayers. She just stod there and watched, admiring the words she was chanting and not realzing she was standing fully in the doorway at this point.

@[member="Vargent Nordii"]

While some may protest that prayers could only happened within a still mind and body, Donovan would say that it happens when one can find harmony within themselves. Just a few rooms away Donovan started his daily with his daily exercise before the glass view screen with soft tones of flowing water in the back ground. His muscles lightly glistened with sweat as he focused his body through several martial forms.

Striking out from several positions, he would then execute an acrobatic maneuver that would show his preference for Ataru. How elegantly he seemed to flow between sequences hinted at Makashi while easily being flowing water form. He had begun getting rather confident in his abilities which gave birth to a lighter side of his accomplishments. The light side invigorating his muscles with every calm and measured exhale.

He began to feel to the presence of two other padawans who at such early hours certainly was not normal. He sighed with a light smile on his face before executing a back flip to signal the ending of his morning exercise. Donovan lightly stepped out into the hallway spotting a Natoline peeking in on another padawan. At first Donovan thought the Natoline to be a pervert but upon hearing the almost singsong prayer coming from the room almost changed his mind.

Almost. . . not enough for him not to say "Having a little peek session I see." He said with a somewhat joking manner after insinuating that the boy was in fact a pervert.

@[member="Nala Tu"] / @Vargent Nordii

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom