Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion More Junctions Per Month

• Major Factions may only submit one completed Junction every calendar month.

• A Major Faction may begin and work toward any number of simultaneous Dominions. However, a Major Faction may only submit three completed Dominions every calendar month.

So my suggestion is as the title says - allowing more junctions per month.

Let's start with a bit of a preface:

Currently there are two type of threads (excluding invasions) that nets you hexes: Dominions and Junctions. As the rules above clearly indicate, a major faction (without a mandate) can gain potentially up to 4 hexes with the following split:

• 3 Dominions
  • 1 Junction

I suggest either:
a) upping the Junction cap to 2; thus making the total hex gain threads cap to a 5.
-or-
b) keeping the total 4 hex cap but allowing factions to have these hex gaining thread types interchangeable e.g: 1 Dom 3 Junctions | 2 Doms 2 Junctions | 0 Doms 4 Junctions | 4 Doms 0 Junctions.

I personally think option b is more viable, considering there's hardly a major faction ( i think ) that nails 3 doms and 1 junction each month on a consistent basis.

While this suggestion will kind of make the Hybrid Support mandate near impractical, I'd like to point out that mandate has hardly or rather it hasn't been used by any major faction so far so 'voiding' doesn't seem to me as a gamebreaking decision.
Hybrid Support
"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Gandhi
Strength: This Major Faction can perform up to 4 Junctions a month, and does not require another Major Faction to join its Junction threads for completion.
Strength: This Major Faction may designate up to three hexes outside of it's Influence Cloud that count as a Major Faction Capital hexes. These hexes must be listed on the Mandate page and can only be changed every 60 days.
Weakness: This Major Faction cannot gain hexes via Dominions.

All in all, in my opinion, allowing this flexibility for major factions will not only help factions diversify their thread types (even stories) but also will make Rebellions just a little bit more accessible.

If something's not clear, please let me know I'll help clarifying it.

Your option B was discussed, I think, exactly as you have written it. I think when the idea was written and proposed, the reason we didn't implement was to keep it as a more "special snowflake" thing, and also the conflict of large factions carrying smaller ones on their backs while other small ones without big allies get left in the wind.

However, I think - and specifically using First Order as a use case for this - we haven't seen much of that happening, and Junctions have actually been a happy time for all. I'd love to see a world where even conflicting Major Factions use Junctions to push some spicy tense roleplay without war, and while being rewarded.

I'd want to see some more discussion/views on this before I took it up to the Staff Team to discuss, though.

Personally, I agree.

Junctions, are in my opinion, an epic use of a thread for story, allowing Major Factions to both gain something while making dope stories. Junctions are also a great way to flesh out a battle between two MF's without going through the stress of Invasions (No, I am not dissing Invasions)

I also agree that Hybrid Support isn't really such a popular Mandate here, and that Option B sounds like a fair replacement of current rules

I agree with all of the above and advocate for this branch of thinking. Junctions when used in such a way can bring great narratives to opposing or allied factions, it’s a win win. Not only does it promote both factions it also advances a narrative with the added benefit of a reward for all involved in the process.

Using the Brotherhood of the Maw, the New Imperial Order, and the Galactic Alliance as examples; we’ve been building a narrative for a coming Great War in a nontoxic manner by committing to junctions and doms with each other. Not only has tension heightened in preparation for the inevitable invasions we all are to unleash but also the relationships between opposing factions has continued to fondly grow.

By allowing us to perform more junctions it only inspires more activity across the board, incentives man incentives. My views were the nail that was hit on the head so to speak. Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze nailed it.

Kiara Ayres

K
I agree because it gives more variety. Junctions tend to be longer and imo more hassle because of OOC coordination but they can provide good story that can't always be achieved in dominions due to the singular faction nature of doms.

With a cap on hexes rather than a cap on the ways you can gain those hexes then it allows for more freedom of story and more opportunity to interact with other factions without the tension/threat of invasions but also providing something with a little more substance and meaning than socials which are the large proportion of inter-faction threads.

It could also help with healthier relationships between factions? Enemy factions have more opportunity to OOCly help each other gain hexes without the tension that comes with invasions. Osam Osam and I spoke of substituting Bryn/SJC invasions with junctions. We can still enjoy a story and a competition from time to time but the option is there when people perhaps want a more relaxed means of gaining hexes whilst fighting their enemy, or as said above, it's an accessible and meaningful way of interacting with other factions.

Vesta

V
I personally like option b, seems fair to me. I haven't participated in a junction but they seem fine and seeing as I hate dominions with a fiery passion I am totes on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom