Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Monsters Wanna Talk To Me

<Darkkoninn?> Kai echoed the name, unsure of who or what she was referring to. <Who's he?>

She asked if there were any requirements. <Not yet, no. You just work to save Sithspawn and other dangerous animals rather than kill them on sight.> Maybe he should lay some ground rules, or at least establish their processes. <I've been transporting mine to the moon of Dxun, in orbit around Onderon. It's not ideal, but it's a jungle and largely uninhabited.>

Finished with his work on the wall, he added, <I'm done with this side. Tell me when you're ready, and we can blow this thing wide open.>

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

xpGJv0T.png
WEAPONS: Lightsaber
EQUIPMENT: Personal Robes
TAGS: Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri

Who's he?

A question that would likely crop up numerous times in the present before anyone truly had a handle on the name.

<A smaller diety of the unknown regions. One of perseverance, patience, and other things.> She clarified before hearing his next words.

<Should think about approaching the authorities about making it a preserve then. Otherwise some might come along to use it as a hunting ground or proving area. Hard work and mercy undone by ignorance.> A cautionary thing to mention since it was coming to light that he was working alone and seemed most entirely underfunded. <At the very least to make sure no one thinks you are stocking up on sith spawn for trouble.>

Her own saber shut off, having finished already but spent time tidying up the cuts to keep the whole thing from catching on the way out. She wasn't as inherently talented as most that used them everyday. Her training coming only a short while prior with a lightsaber and it still felt like a club in her hands rather than an elegant weapon.

Her only saving grace here was the higher output it gave out.

<Ready over here.>

mE55pfR.png

<A deity?> Kai considered this for a moment. <I met some people who thought I was one of those one time. It was pretty weird. Nice people, though.>

She suggested making it into a preserve. <Yeah, I don't really know about legal stuff. But I probably should do that soon.> He might need to ask for help, but there had to be somebody who could do it.

They were ready to blow a hole in the sewer. Kai darted out of the way of the blast radius. <Bombs away!>

The Force responded to the boy's command like an obedient pet obeying its master. Stones went flying, but it wasn't quite enough to completely destroy the wall. That was where Sasmay would come in.

xpGJv0T.png

<Beings look to the skies and differences to give their hopes and dreams life. Though I am curious as to what might have made them think you were a diety.> She chuckled through her words. Some humor interjected into the mental conversation in much the same way he had done.

<Surely someone sympathizes with these creatures besides just you or I. Something to seek when we are done here.> She heard his quick steps away before the wall shuddered on her side. Enough to weaken it, and enough for her to finish taking it down.

<And for the finale.> She let the force gather before centering it on the wall. A concentrated blast in a few points to rock it loose before the trapped energies exploded towards her side. The wall crumbled and left a gaping hole. The barrier in front of her shape in a wedge reaching the wall to just beyond her to deflect away from the amphibian they were attempting to rescue.

Dusting off her hands, she placed them on her hips with a grand smile.

<I believe the first part is complete. Now for getting them to move.> She nodded sharply, letting her gaze fall back to the being. She blinked and waited for Kai to appear before a question formed.

"I can spare some of my energies to it, but it will still need to eat after. Know any larders above ground? Or do you have an idea for that?"

mE55pfR.png

<Beings look to the skies and differences to give their hopes and dreams life. Though I am curious as to what might have made them think you were a deity.>

<Must be my natural charm.> But it was a serious matter, despite all his joking around. <Let's just say there's more to me than meets the eye, and I have an... interesting relationship with my homeworld.>

With the exit now taken care of, they had to lure the giant toad out of the sewers.

"I can spare some of my energies to it, but it will still need to eat after. Know any larders above ground? Or do you have an idea for that?"

Kai seemed to brighten at the idea. <I know just the place. Follow me.>

Or don't. She didn't need to come with him to get some food to serve as bait. Hell, it might be better for her to stay there and mind the toad while he was gone. But it was ultimately her choice.

xpGJv0T.png

His words through their mental connection lingered. An interesting relationship with his homeworld? More than meets the eye? Interesting comments that led her to only wonder about the context of what he meant.

Deciding to linger on the chance of finding out more, she watched him through her other senses at mention of more than met the eye. A shifting form that seemed affixed to the body rather than having originated from it. The third eye upon her forehead dissipating as he mentioned a place to search for food.

The idle toss of her hand backward generating a barrier around the toad before the pair began to move onward. The short hop-skip of speed in her step bringing her behind him with ease.

"You are different than most it appears." She spoke cryptically, keeping her thoughts to herself for the moment. Her own presence becoming less shrouded at the chance of this one understanding a little more than he implied. Or they.

The sudden realization that the physical form might have been something relatively recent for them.

"Do you have a preference for how I am to address you? I never thought to ask." Came the offhanded remark.

More and more her curiosity came bubbling forth in her mind. Loosening the control of her presence slowly.

mE55pfR.png

"You are different than most it appears."

<I get that a lot.>

He headed for a local restaurant called the Bucket. It catered to aliens who required large amounts of food to maintain proper nutrition. Prior to his body swap, he’d been a regular patron at the place, gorging himself on protein. Not so much anymore.

The building was, quite naturally, shaped like a giant bucket. While they were waiting in line, Sasmay asked him a question.

"Do you have a preference for how I am to address you? I never thought to ask."

<Kai Bamarri is what it says here,> he replied, holding up his ID. It was a special ID without a picture of him, since he was still listed as a Changeling—one of a variety of alien species with the ability to shapeshift. The Bucket required customers to prove they were aliens in need of extra food, especially during wartime, when there might be a shortage of food.

The cashier saw his ID and seemed satisfied, even though Kai was arguably the most human-looking person there. He was promptly presented with—you guessed it—a bucket containing a variety of protein. After paying for the food, he headed back to the sewers, ready to coax the giant toad out of the hole they had made.

<What’s your name?> he asked his companion, then shyly added, <Sorry if I asked that already. If I did, I don’t remember.>

Last edited:

xpGJv0T.png

His rebuttal made her snort, drawing a cursory look from those around them as he presented his ID. A curious draw of her brow at the lack of a picture. Even certain chain codes held a form of photo identification, and there were few species that had a lack of one altogether.

She didn't want to throw guesses into the dark though given the crowd around them. Also believing it to be a rudeness to attempt such an investigation of personal details. She let the discussion fall aside for the moment.

<Sasmay. And you hadn't asked yet.> She replied with a touch of teasing emotion to her words.

Emerging back into the sewers, she released the bubble she had set around the toad preemptively. The dark side power around it shielding the sense of the shield hopefully.

<Now the fun begins.> Came the grinning face around the corner and watching him work for a moment to see his plan unfold.

mE55pfR.png

<Nice to meet you, Sasmay.>

He dumped out some of the food from the bucket, creating a trail for the toad to follow. It took some time and some coaxing, but the big amphibian started to hop out, its tongue shooting forth to grasp the pieces of meat and shove them into its mouth.

While all this was happening, Kai waited to spring his trap—a shipping crate. He crossed his fingers as the toad approached, half afraid the container wouldn’t be big enough… but the toad hopped right into it without even having to squeeze through.

Kai snapped the door shut, latched it, and released a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding.

<Got ‘em!>

The crate began to rattle violently as the toad attempted to escape its prison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom