Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Monsters Wanna Talk To Me

The monster was amphibian. A massive toad with bumpy skin in an unnatural shade of blue. It had grown so huge it could hardly move, and so lay in the old sewers of Coruscant's underworld, soaking in the foul waters as it waited to die of starvation.

What had fed it to the point of fattening up this much, Kai didn't want to think about. But it was his job to capture it.

Given its size, it seemed unlikely to pose much of a threat. He approached it with caution nonetheless, lurking in the shadows and studying the surrounding area as he worked out a plan. All the exits were too narrow for it to fit through. Could he blast a hole big enough for it? Try to phase it through the wall?...

xpGJv0T.png
WEAPONS: Lightsaber
EQUIPMENT: Personal Robes
TAGS: Arlo Renard Arlo Renard

Her time spent travelling the stars was met with a myriad of sights beyond the scope of her former form. The stars warm against the ethereal form she maintained for her course through the stars. The void of space hiding the dark shadow that wound itself around the anomalies of the known reaches before her attention was drawn to a nearing system.

Hunger...and pain. Regret? A smidgen at best.

Her form slipped beyond the atmosphere, winding itself between the vessels entering and leaving the planet as the smokey whisps broke into the lower sections of the planet. The echo of pain and hunger growing stronger as another presence made itself known upon nearing the source of the first echos.

The remnants of dark side energy sustaining her enough to pause and examine the scene in what appeared to be a beast trapped in the sewers. With someone planning to perhaps hunt the beast? The sensations from their thinking suggested otherwise. The examination of the passageways suggesting an attempt to move the beast.

Her force presence was not yet large enough to overshadow the natural presence of the darkside that ebbed and flowed through the planet, even with the beacons of hope and light the jedi had placed to snuff it out.

Her massive form solidified in an offshoot tunnel, crouching and curling until she made the transition to her favored mortal form. Similar to her own while changing enough to evade recognition.

Cinnamon colored eyes and dark raven locks of hair appeared in place of the glowing white orbs and night sky sea of hair. Her frame shifted down, perhaps uncomfortably for those that would be graced to see the transition.

The male was searching nearby, her olive skin bright against the grimy and dark walls. Her figure appearing in the same tunnel as she leaned her weight on one hip and snapped her fingers. Opening his senses would reveal a human woman near him with an inclination to the dark side of the force.

Waiting for him to spot her as she spoke, leaned comfortably and smiling.

"Dangerous to be down here alone. Especially around the, being, over there." She spoke clearly across the distance, crossing her arms as she gazed at the creature.

"Trying to help it by yourself also seems rather silly. Why bother?"

mE55pfR.png

"Dangerous to be down here alone."

Kai whipped around, coming face to face with a woman. She oozed the Dark Side, a sense which assailed him with greater intensity than the reek of the sewers.

His lightsaber was out and ignited immediately, the white blade casting a pale glow over his surroundings. In most cases, a civilian would be scared off by that alone. If she wasn't just a random stranger, well, he didn't want to take any chances.

"This is none of your business, ma'am," he said. The boy was soft-spoken, but his tone was firm. "You're right, it is dangerous. I suggest you leave."

xpGJv0T.png

Her laugh cut the air as he ignited a white bladed saber.

"You resort to violence when you get scared? Or just when you get surprised?" She ignored the ignited blade, allowing him plenty of space still..

Hands entwining behind her back as she leaned forward to peer at the amphibian before looking to him again.

"You seem the noble sort. Coming down here to help that poor thing. But you're scared of someone like me? What's the difference?"

mE55pfR.png

"You resort to violence when you get scared? Or just when you get surprised?"

"Brandishing a weapon when startled in the middle of a dark sewer isn't really 'resorting to violence'," he replied with a vague smirk. "It's a warning."

"You seem the noble sort. Coming down here to help that poor thing. But you're scared of someone like me? What's the difference?"

"Beasts are amoral. People are immoral, and cunning." The growl of his lightsaber filled the silence between his words. If she wasn't going to leave, he might as well ask, "What are you doing down here?"

xpGJv0T.png

Her eyes fixated on him as he replied.

"Brandishing a weapon when startled in the middle of a dark sewer isn't really 'resorting to violence'," he replied with a vague smirk. "It's a warning."

"I will give you that. Though usually such warnings are an invitation for those less courteous." She smiled back at him. Her eyes alight at his next words as if on the trail of prey.

"Beasts are amoral. People are immoral, and cunning." The growl of his lightsaber filled the silence between his words. If she wasn't going to leave, he might as well ask, "What are you doing down here?"

"Poor thing is pained. Hungry. Dying. I came to listen. Offer repose if it so desired. Your words bring a question to mind. You are more comfortable around beasts and the like, rather than mort-humans?" The phrasing slipped, a twitch of dissatisfaction with herself.

mE55pfR.png

"I will give you that. Though usually such warnings are an invitation for those less courteous."

"Then I'm armed and ready for them."

She actually answered his question, which was more than he expected. He was used to dealing with more cryptic types that would avoid answering a question as if coughing up an actual reply would give them the plague. She then asked him a question, which he answered, as was only fair.

"'Comfortable' isn't the word I'd use, but I guess. Animals are easier to deal with." On that note, his gaze flicked briefly back toward the toad. They needed to get it out of here.

They? Or just him?

xpGJv0T.png

Her smile turned genuine as he answered.

"Better to have and not need, than need and not have I suppose." She let her gaze follow his after he spoke.

"True enough I suppose. You wish to move it elsewhere? Only reason I would guess for you to linger. Do you have a destination in mind, or a way through the passages? They are quite narrow for such a...domineering presence." She posed her next question, keeping her hands behind her back and stepping closer toward the amphibian. She didn't need to move closer, but it was easier to maintain a guise when the motions were still fresh.

mE55pfR.png

xpGJv0T.png

Her brows rose inquisitively.

"A blast would attract other things that dwell in these depths. Perhaps a good chance to catch something it would feast upon." She remarked shifting her attention to him.

"Would have to guide him along. Seems quite tired. Granted I would offer my assistance if you would prefer?" She shrugged back to him.

mE55pfR.png

Deactivating his lightsaber, Kai nodded. "Your assistance would be appreciated."

Other things that dwell in these depths. He would think a blast would actually repel them, what with the whole loud noise thing, but... well, maybe that was just him. He hated loud noises even now.

He'd have to block out the vibrations with the Force, certainly. For the sake of his sanity.

"I don't suppose you have any dynamite on you?" he asked. Yeah yeah, they could use the Force to do it, but he preferred not to over-rely on the mystical energy field.

xpGJv0T.png

A small nod to his welcome of her help brought her closer to him. Daring now to glance around at their surroundings before giving him a smirk.

"I'm afraid I left my dynamite in the other outfit." Came the offhand remark as she patted her pockets. Her hand crossing the Lightsaber hilt as an idea sparked.

"I can weaken a section at least before knocking it out." She offered, holding the thing up and nodding to him. "You start on the other end and we meet in the middle?"

mE55pfR.png

"Sure."

With that, Kai headed for the other side of the entrance to do his part.

What, was he supposed to be surprised that someone with a Dark Side aura had a lightsaber? It was probably red, too. Duh.

While he worked on weakening the wall, he wondered if he should try to detain her. She was a Dark Sider, even if she was helping him. Maybe he could talk to her, find out more about her, see if she was like how he had once been. More a victim than an aspiring tyrant.

<So,> he began, setting up a telepathic connection with the woman. <You said you were drawn here by our toad friend's pain and suffering, and you came... to listen? What do you mean by that?>

xpGJv0T.png

She ignited the blade when he was out of sight, smile at the deep purple of her blade. A gift, and something she would enjoy for some time until it needed to be remade. Adjusting the power, it sank into the material with ease, almost gliding with her strength added behind it.

The mental contact made her blink, an aspect she hadn't readily prepared herself to feel.

<Yes. Whether beast or being. One should never be alone in the end. I hadn't expected to come across anyone attempting to aid it. A surprise for sure.> For the dark side presence that sheltered her like a cloak, the connection to her thoughts was akin to a warm blanket.

<Beings of the dark side, made or grown, are not always what they seem. While I might not have helped them as you seem so inclined, I would have waited with them at least.> She explained carefully before airing her own question.

<Is this a common thing you do? Helping the less fortunate beasts at your own cost?>

mE55pfR.png

<What makes you think I care that you're a Dark Sider?> That was probably a dumb question, given the absolute state of modern discourse between Jedi and Sith. But the fact remained that he hadn't asked. She could be reading his thoughts without his knowledge, or maybe he was just bad at hiding his emotions. Probably the latter. Force Empathy was a common, passive ability, and Kai had picked up on the fact that it was harder for him to control his feelings now that he was human.

Something to do with teenage hormones.

<Is this a common thing you do? Helping the less fortunate beasts at your own cost?>

<Yup. I'm with the Galactic Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. I go out and capture these types of creatures, and move them to a safe location.> Safe both for them, and from them.

xpGJv0T.png

He might have heard the soft tone of her laughter over the sound of their sabers working. The question making her sigh when she'd finished getting a good laugh from it.

<I merely mentioned dark side beings. Though it is plain that I belong to that spectrum of the force.> She explained without hostility in her tone.

<As for people caring; Would you have been as cautious of me were I to have been a beacon of light? A more presentable and decent looking person were I not so flamboyantly dressed? Everyone cares to a degree. It is how we acclimate ourselves to our environment and keep ourselves safe.> Came the humorous questions and explanation from her side of the wall. The mention of a business name garnered her attention.

<Ah. This is the first I've heard of this group truth be told. Do you all usually operate alone though? Seems. Dangerous?>

mE55pfR.png

<Oh yeah? Well, if you care that much, there are ways of hiding your aura, you know,> Kai replied, still playing up his feigned apathy.

She had him dead to rights, however. He'd learned to pick up on aspects of how people presented themselves and draw conclusions from that. At least that made it sound better than judging someone based on how they looked.

Or how they felt, anyway.

<I'm currently the only member,> he admitted. <I founded it after the Maw invaded Coruscant so I could help clean up the streets. They unleashed a lot of Sithspawn into the underworld. They were a danger to civilians, but it seemed a shame to just kill them all. They were only animals thrown into an unfamiliar environment, trying to survive...>

xpGJv0T.png

His answer brought a grin to her face.

<Hmm. I could yes. On the other hand I would rather work through wary caution as first meeting than tread through someone feeling betrayed after the fact.> She replied with a slow hum to her tone.

<Only member? Seems strange for the service you are providing. I guess most people have given up the kind heart in favor of the easy and violent route.> Came the snappish remark on the nature of most beings. Not so long ago a viewpoint she had held as well.

<Much the same as any other being on a foreign world. Thrown from what they knew into what the don't. Only thing to eat can get you killed. Beasts don't see the galaxy through the moral lense that we have. But easy enough to label them as evil without attempting to understand.> She observed with a soft hum to her voice as if delivered by a disapproving mother.

<You have hopes to expand this venture then? Add some other daring and perhaps thrill seeking naturalists to your ranks?>

mE55pfR.png

<Hmm. I could yes. On the other hand I would rather work through wary caution as first meeting than tread through someone feeling betrayed after the fact.>

<I see your point,> Kai assented, before telling a rather corny joke. <But if you wear a hat, no one will notice.>

After he admitted he was the only member of his organization, she assumed it was because people preferred the ease of violence. She was probably right, although Kai liked to think the limits of his organization were more due to it having just started out. Not enough people knew about it yet.

<Yeah. I'm hoping to get more people to join. What about you? Wanna become a member?>

xpGJv0T.png

She faltered in her continued slicing of the wall. Strength failing as she let out a hearty laugh at the joke.

<I suppose that is true.> Was nearly all she could manage before righting herself and continuing with the slow process.

His question was genuine. An offer of membership to the endeavor as she pondered the extended offer. It was worthwhile, and aside from that would offer a unique insight onto what the dark side force users were peddling. As well as give her a chance to help in a way that might actually matter to some people.

<Mm. Darkkoninn would be pleased with this pursuit. I wouldn't mind becoming a member.> Pausing long enough to think about the requirements of such an affiliation.

<Is there a charter? A code of ethics? Requirements or anything? Or just a willingness to risk oneself?>

mE55pfR.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom