Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mom, Meet my female friend-not-friend-crush-thing

Placeholder 0123

P
He didn't say another word. Graxin crossed around the table with a very blank expression. One might expect him to be moving to whisper something of importance, or perhaps get in her face to help get a point across. It likely would have been that way if it was anyone but the Knight.

He threw his arms around his mother, and gave her a gentle squeeze. "I love you mom." He said simply. He didn't get to see Feena much, there was a war going on after all, and he wasn't going to let any bad blood sit between them. He relinquished his hold on the older woman, and took a step back. "General Jedi teachings. Not what they teach in the Republic...teach her to control herself, for one. To help others. To take things with a grain of salt. All things she needs."

He lifted his shoulders in a slight shrug, and shook his head. "She just needs some sort of structure, and I feel like she'll just run off again if she goes back to her studies. She's not the type to be content to wait."

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
The Queen went rigid when her son put his arms around her. Why? She felt so... stiff. She didn't feel worthy anymore. Hands shaking, she patted the boys cheek with a smile.

"I love you too, my sweet child."
It wasn't a lie. No matter what she'd done in her fear, no matter how she'd hurt him when she was a stupid girl, she adored her son. She had to. He was more her than he would ever know. Right now, he was making her mistakes. Following in her foot steps. Oh, he had no clue how similar the two of them really were.

"Very well. You are right," she sighed, "Just... she's still a girl. Young. Inexperienced. Make sure you bear that in mind. Now! As for the young lady you wanted me to forget about? Bring her out here. I want to meet my sons girlfriend."

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin's blood ran cold. His girlfr--no. Not at all. Linori was about the farthest thing from it. He turned about hesitantly, and bit down on his lower lip. Sure, he harbored feelings for the Miraluka, unspoken private feelings that should never see the light of day. Ever. Slowly, he crept over toward the door, and knocked on it.

"Lin." He asked with a bit of anxiety in his voice. "I only came to see you because I missed you...and the Queen wants to meet you." Graxin grit his teeth, and offered his mother a thumbs up. Oh, this was going to be lovely.

[member="Feena Mason"] [member="Linori Pryde"]

Placeholder 0123

P
"Lin." He said a bit more sternly. "Please, just bear with me here, alright?"

[member="Linori Pryde"]

Linori sighs and presses her back against the door. Really? Of all times? But if what he said was true, and the Queen really was outside, it could mean trouble for denying her wishes for so long. Ah, man.

Linori turns to face the doorway, the shadow of Graxin Rade visible through the blinds. She didn't have much of a choice at this point. The scholar is quick to tuck the stray pieces of silver hair behind her ears and adjust the mask covering her face. She frowns down at her scholarly robes, the dark grays and dark purples doing little to show her proper stature.

Oh wait. What stature? She was a goddamn librarian.

With a deep breath, the miraluka opened the door, only to be flooded by Graxin's presence. It fell over her like a thick blanket and seemed to choke the room. But come on, dammit, she could get through it. Linori clears her throat rather loudly and cracks the oddest of smiles.

".....fine."

[member="Graxin Rade"]

The Eternal Queen
What was taking so long? If there was one thing that was clear about the Queen, it was that she was not a patient woman. When she asked for something, she expected it at the soonest possible opportunity. She did not appreciate slackers. Her long manicured fingernails clicked impatiently on the glass table top.

"Well?" she called, heaving a sigh, "I am not getting any younger, you know."

[member="Linori Pryde"] [member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin set aside his anxiety for later. His mother was not a woman to be kept waiting. Tentatively, he grabbed Linori gently by the wrist and quite literally dragged the Miraluka toward the table. He offered his mother a small smile. "This is Linori Pryde. We traveled together for quite some time before I joined the Jedi."

He tilted his head down to look at Linori, so she knew he meant his words. "She was a friend, and I didn't know she was here. I've missed her." He spoke, more to Linori than his mother now. She needed to know that he was being serious for once in his life.

[member="Feena Mason"]

Linori shoots Graxin a rather dark look, lips pursed. What was he saying? Granted, some of what he said was true. They had travelled quite some ways together, and they had seen eachother for many years. But when he said he missed her, a wave of doubt passed over her. Despite, she had little time to think, as she was in the presence of her Queen.

Linori clasps her hands together in front of her robes and bows her head respectfully, her gaze resting on the floor more-so than her intended recipient. Her fingers shaked, as she had never met someone of such high ranking, not to mention someone like the idealistic, wise Queen of Naboo.

She wanted to be sick. It took most of her restraint not to feed Graxin straight to the dogs.

"My Queen," Linori musters, head kept low as she spoke."It is an honor to meet you."

[member="Graxin Rade"][member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
So. This was her. The Queen folded her hands together on the table top. She looked her up and down with one sweeping glance. Good height, decent enough sized waist, pretty voice, nice chest. The Queen smiled, motioning for the girl to sit down in one of the empty seats.

"No need for that in here, my dear. Come. Sit."

Her eyes flashed to her son, an eyebrow raised.

"A miraluka? Well, I daresay you could much worse, my boy," she commented, nodding in approval before turning her attention back to the girl, "So! You're my sons new girlfriend, yes?"

Placeholder 0123

P

Shab.

Feena Mason was going to ruin his day now, he knew it. Graxin swallowed heavily, and glanced down at Linori apologetically. It was all he could do for now, saying something would only encourage his mother to continue with her...mothering.

"It's not like that." Graxin mumbled, sounding far more insecure and less confident than he intended. The embarrassed shaking in his own voice shocked him. The situation had passed the point of being diffused. He'd just have to ride it out and hope Linori didn't hate him for it.

She probably did already anyway.

"Just ... Eh."

[member="Linori Pryde"] [member="Feena Mason"]

Linori grits her teeth, but says nothing. She couldn't help but feel incredibly nervous before the Queen's presence. As she stared, she couldn't help but notice her color, the thin layer of aura that shone from her body like a bright light. It was distracting, to be honest, but something of beauty she couldn't seem to keep her mind off of.

The miraluka shakes her head and quickly moves to sit in a chair a few paces away, her hands coming to a rest in balled fists on the table. Linori's scholarly sleeves pooled around her arms, as though they were too big for her. Her pale hands shivered, but she hoped the tighter she kept them clasped, the stronger she could be.

"I um. No, ma'm. I'm simply an acquaintance from a few years back. I work here as a data analyst and organize the holobooks in my spare time.

Girlfriend? Really? It took everything in her power not to throw the nearest object at Graxin. What had he said to her?

[member="Graxin Rade"][member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Not his girlfriend? The Queen did not believe her for a second. She knew a girl in love! Or, well, she thought she did. Truth was, Feena didn't understand young people as much as she liked to think. Those whipper snappers, with their hippity hoppity and their low cut pants...

"Of course dear. Whatever you say, Dear. I know what it's like to be young and in love," she smiled benevolently between the two, showing her clear approval on her face, "But, you say you work here? Fascinating. I used to work at the grand library in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant once upon a time. That was... before you time, I suppose."

She clicked her nails on the table.
"So! How did you two kids meet? I bet it was romantic. Just like how I met my husband. With chains and lightsabers..."

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin;s face was quite red, and his mood much the same. His mother knew exactly what she was doing, he was sure, and she just kept on going!

Then came the awkward question.

I killed her boss and abducted her to secure my anonymity.

That wouldn't work.

Graxin looked down at Linori as if he was searching for answers, and breathed a quiet sigh. Time to spin a lie. "Here in the library. When I was still a Sith Apprentice, I came to take care of some research." All true. "And we bumped into each other...love is a strong word, mom."

[member="Feena Mason"] [member="Linori Pryde"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom