Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mom, Meet my female friend-not-friend-crush-thing

Placeholder 0123

P
Naboo was a long way from Ession, but Graxin didn't mind making the trip. He valued his family, and a bit of time sitting around waiting to come out of hyperspace would not diminish that. He had agreed to take his sister under his wing to be trained as a Jedi--his second apprentice now--and would need to discuss that with Feena herself. As such, before leaving to speak with the Mandalorian leaders, Graxin had departed for Naboo. The world was on the other side of the galaxy, and the trip took almost a day in standard galactic time. The Knight kept himself occupied with meditation.

The problem was, his meditations were not calm and serene as they ofted were. There was only one woman that ever had that effect on him, and it was not something borne of love or affection. He simply had a connection to her within the force, and she disrupted it simply by breathing when he tried to find peace. It was an issue that had long since resolved itself--Linori Pryde had been given credits to survive and released from her service once the New Order fell. Graxin had hoped to stay in contact with the Miraluka, he considered her a friend, but issues simply made it impossible. He doubted she would want to speak with him anyway.

Still, he found he could not take his mind off the young seer as his ship touched down near the usual docking bay on Naboo. It was one of the more rundown and out of the way spaceports, better to hide himself when he came to speak with the royal family. He took the long trek over to the royal palace, dressed in a simple black vest and a shot gray shirts, and paused as he approached the back entrance. He tapped in the usual keycode, and went to slip through the door. His mother would likely be waiting nearby--he'd informed her of his arrival when the Mephirium came to touch down on Naboo's surface.

Linori however, remained on his mind. Why?

[member="Feena Mason"] [member="Linori Pryde"]

There were few who could deny the soothing effect Naboo had on its visitors and residence. It was a place of peace, beauty, and solitude. The rolling hills littered with glassy lakes and tall woods would bring calm to the most violent of men. It was here Linori felt home, and why wouldn’t she? The miraluka had spent her childhood wandering the planet and attended its schools. War was something of a mystery to her; tales of which she read from the archives and heard from her father’s war stories.

But she was full aware of its consequences. After spending months in space, meeting dangerous jedi and assassins alike, everything had changed. She’d witnessed deception in high places and met trusting allies in the lowest. And of all people, Linori had been stuck in the middle of it. She groans at the thought and continues to saunter down one of the many archive aisles, putting holobooks where they belonged and removing stray items as she came upon them.

She was lucky to get her old job back, considering her old boss had been assassinated when she had been in the room. Of course, who had been blamed for that? Her, of all people! Linori Pryde, charged of murder. What in Ashla’s name could she have done? Beat them to death with a datacron? It was enough to drive the miraluka nearly to tears. Thankfully, her name had been cleared long before she returned home, and she had been able to return to work. Since then, everything had been normal, as though she had never left.

Still…

Linori presses her back to the wall, staring out the library window. She watched Naboo’s occupants, aristocrats and common folk alike go about their daily business. As much as she had convinced herself that everything had remained the same, she knew it to be false. Naboo hadn’t changed a bit, yet the miraluka had been reborn. With the newfound knowledge of the Force resonating so strongly within her, she had never felt quite the same. Her people had always relied so heavily on this power to see, to feel without the aid of physical eyes. She had never had such a strong connection with the Force until she had left Naboo. Since her return, the intensity has remained the same. Every life force around her shone, and when one light went out, Linori was well aware.

Even now, she struggled to accept it. She had been told to train and hone this ability, but deep down, she feared it, and what would become of her.

Placeholder 0123

P
The Knight scooted on in through the door without any form of announcement. By now the servants had grown rather accustomed to his secret visits. It was the foreign dignitaries and possible guests his mother kept while he was away that he feared alerting. He did not see his mother at first, and decided she must have been in a meeting of sorts. Absentmindedly, he sent her a message on his datapad.

"Made it in. Gonna be in the library. See you soon mom."

Rolling his shoulders, Graxin strode down the familiar hallways. He wore a single glove over his right hand, but otherwise looked like the usual local tourist. One twist, another turn, and he found himself in the entrance of the royal library. The same library that he had first met Linori in. The library that he had killed a professor in cold blood in service to his master in so long ago. Each time he came through here, he felt a cold chill. None of his family knew about Graxin's assassinations of the royal family before them--nor would they ever. They likely didn't even know who Linori was, other than a simple librarian.

She must have been long gone, anyway.

The Knight walked cautiously into the library, running his fingers over the small eddies and nooks that indicated stored holobooks. The library was relatively empty, just the way he liked it. "Where is it?" He hissed under his breath as he browsed the fiction section.

Graxin had developed a love for romance novels; his little secret. If anyone caught him....

"Ah." He whispered to himself. He pulled free a holobook with the picture of a human couple in a rather embarrassing situation on the cover. He quickly went to stuff it into his jacket and---

"Linori?" He breathed. The holobook tumbled to the floor, and he peered out across the room. He felt her with the force, and he clearly saw her staring out the window, but it couldn't have been her. Linori was long gone, she would have never returned to this place. "Lin...?"

[member="Linori Pryde"] [member="Feena Mason"]

It was like someone had hooked an anchor around her chest.

It became hard to breathe; the presence of the individual so familiar and strong it took over her senses. She couldn’t turn around, more like refused to. The librarian felt hammered into the ground by some invisible force. Her grip on her holobooks tightened and she closed her eyes, trying to calm herself.

“Lin?”

The miraluka’s breath hitches in her throat. She must have been dreaming. Had to have been. It had been so long, and she had sworn he was dead. Surely, must be. Despite what most people would think, her natural instincts kicked in, and she wanted to book it, but she could not. Linori considered, for a brief moment, jumping out the window, before another familiar voice filled the room.

“Hello, sir? Need help finding something?” Thank the gods. It was her fellow employee, just what she needed. The miraluka finds the strength to turn around, finding Graxin moving to face the other library attendant. In that split of a second, Linori books it, dropping all of her holobooks in order to make it to the other side of the royal library.

The miraluka locks herself in her mess of an office and throws her back against the door, taking deep, steady breaths. It was him, she thought. I saw him. There was no mistake.

Linori runs her hand through her hair and closes her eyes. She wanted to disguise her force, to hide herself from him. She didn’t question why she was running; it was what she always did. Her mind reels, going over the few, small training exercises her and Graxin had accomplished so long ago. She takes a deep, shallow breath through her nose, and exhales through her mouth, fingertips shaking.

Placeholder 0123

P
Aaaand she was running. Graxin's heart dropped. He knew Linori's opinion on him was always a mixed one; some days she seemed to genuinely be pleased to have him around, others she wanted to space him into the nearest sun. It was hard to tell with the woman. He pursed his lips to call out to her when one of the employees came to speak with him. Hiding his frustration, the Knight shook his head. "I'm alright, thanks. If you'd let Queen Mason know I'm here when she arrives, I'd be thankful."

The worker looked at him like he was some arrogant idiot. For someone to say the head of government was coming to meet them--and that someone being a relative nobody on this side of the rim-- sounded absurd. Regardless, the strnager shrugged, and went o his way. Graxin grumbled a curse under his breath, and turned about toward where Linori had stood moments earlier. No sign of her. He bit down on his lower lip, and cast a worried look over his shoulder. He likely had a bit of time before his mother arrived, right?

Cursing his luck, Graxin took off on a brisk walk toward the office. He closed his eyes, and allowed the force to guide him; Linori had no hope of hiding from him that way. Not that he planned to drag her off with him this time, though he sorely wanted to, he simply wanted to speak with her. She might have hated his guts, but he missed her odd moods and her to the point remarks. Missed her more than he thought he would have, in fact.

The Knight stopped at the door, and knocked. "Lin...look, I'm not here to cause trouble. I didn't know you were here. I'm here to see the Queen." He paused for a moment, and twisted the handle. It was locked. "Linori?"

[member="Linori Pryde"]

The Eternal Queen
See you soon mom.
Feena checked her data pad as she got out of her latest meeting. Another meeting with the restoration committee Yes. She got it. The bridge still needed work. Fine. Get to it. Did they honestly need her to review every single brick they laid? She grumbled and waved a hand at her hand maiden, Marea as she tried to go over the days schedule.

"Rescedule my meetings," she snapped, "My son has come home."

The young lady bowed, letting the Queen walk ahead. They were not terribly important anyways. Easily rescheduled. No problem at all.

When the Queen did arrive at the library, it was as if everything stopped. People looked up from their studies. This was the Queen. Not every day the Queen of Naboo went for a visit to the library of all things. Her guards followed close behind, looking this way and that. It was no secret that their Queens like had been in danger more than once. They were on guard. But Feenarah herself, she was not looking for the next assassin. She had eyes only for her little boy. One of the employees bowed low, whispering in her ear. The Queen nodded.

"Cyril," she called out to the near silent library, "You will not keep your Queen waiting."

Mother or not, Feena was Queen. Her word was law on Naboo.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

“Then go see the Queen!”

Gods, was that her own voice? She shouted behind her, voice shaking ever so slightly. Damn, the one time she wanted one of the damned tricks to work, and she couldn’t hide her own presence. To be fair, she’d never practice, like she had promised too.

Her eyes fell on the handle as it wriggled. Graxin was just on the other side. It hadn’t taken long at all, had it? Linori hops to her feet and strides across the room, pulling her weapon from the broom closet. He wouldn’t be able to stop her now. The handle of her alleged weapon fit in the palm of her hand, just like a saber would do. It was firm, and a comforting feeling. With this, she was ready for anything, especially the likes of Graxin Rade.

Linori lifts up the mop over her head and glares at the door, waiting. Come at me.

[member="Feena Mason"] [member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
I missed you too.

Graxin's hand fell away from the handle. He stared at the wooden door for a moment, entirely aware that all the eyes that had been on his mother had shifted to the yelling coming from the office. He looked like an idiot. Furthermore, Linori wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. Few people did anymore.

The Knight sighed, drew in a deep breath, and did his absolute best to hide his disappointment. He turned about on his heel, and offered his mother a small smile. It was a hollow one, and the woman would likely be able to tell he was distressed, but to the strangers he simply looked pleased to speak with the Queen of Naboo. "I'll quit bothering you." He shot back toward the door.

He walked on down the aisles toward his mother. She might have been royalty, but he never really saw her that way. She was just mom. Granted a mom that had abandoned him as an infant to his Imperial father and by extension, the Sith Lords, but he had forgiven that sin some time ago.

He bowed forward to put on a bit of a show for those gathered. "A pleasure, as always."

[member="Linori Pryde"] [member="Feena Mason"]

Linori hugs the mop to her chest and walks over towards the window, light shining in through the blinds. She peers past them, watching Graxin walk away. Her gaze narrows. Despite him walking away, it felt as though he were right next to her. The presence and power of his Force was simply that overbearing. All this time she had told herself that he had been dead, but her visions had told her otherwise.

Linori facepalms and rests her forehead against the wall. Right. The visions. They had never stopped, as much as she had wished for them to. She hadn’t been able to tell anyone about them, save Graxin. And now all they did was haunt her at night. The miraluka moves away from the blinds and stands at the center of the room. Had her visions been correct then? Did he know?

Linori shakes her head and tightens the wraps about her face. No. He wouldn’t be here if that had happened. It was likely that Naboo wouldn’t be here, either. Unfortunately for her, there was only one way to find out, and it was just beyond her office door.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

The Eternal Queen
When she finally did see her son, she knew something was up. She always knew. Mothers intuition. Well, more accurately, the Force told her that. The only one of her children that she seemed to have trouble reading was Felicity. That girl was difficult.

"Let us dispense with the formalities, shall we?" she snapped, paying no mind to the fact that she was being watched, "You said you needed to speak with me? From your message, it sounded urgent, yet here I find you playing in the library, Boy."

The Queens eyes slid just past her son, staring straight to the door she had spotted him facing.

"Who were you talking to?"

[member="Linori Pryde"] [member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P

Graxin learned not to truly hate anything, but if there was one thing he would allow to have his ire, it was that demeaning title. He knew she meant it only to look like the one in charge to her subjects--Feena was a harsh woman, but rarely was she ever such with her son -- and had the best intentions, but it still stung. Only one other being ever called him boy in such a way, and Graxin had put down that demon on Utapau.

He grit his teeth as she asked about who was just beyond the door. It was a worthwhile question, of course, but one that he wasn't entirely keen on answering. Better Feena remain unwise as to who worked in her employ . She had many servants after all; it was unlikely she had ever met Linori before. If she did meet the Miraluka, and she did learn the two had traveled together...things would not go well.

"Old friend. I didn't know she worked here--not anyone important." He replied shortly, meeting his mother's glassy eyes. "I came here while you were in your meetings... It is urgent, about Felicity."

The Knight folded his arms over his chest, and did his absolute best to look composed. He could still sense Linori, and she was distracting.

"She was with a boy. Not anymore, but she can't stay here. It isn't good for her."

@ Feena Mason [member="Linori Pryde"]

The Eternal Queen
The Queen blinked. She. He had said 'she'. An old friend, who was a... she. An old girlfriend? Feenarah raised a thin dark eyebrow at her son. She was going to get down to the bottom of this... as soon as she scolded him properly for speaking so rudely to her in public. He dare tell her what was best for her daughter?

"Out," she ordered, "Everyone out until Mister Cyril and I have concluded our business."

Nobles and commoners alike stood, bowed once to the Queen and scurried out the door. all save for her body guards. For the moment, she had forgotten about her sons girlfriend hiding behind that door. Her eyes flashed dangerously as she took a seat at a small glass topped table.

"Sit," she ordered, motioning to the seat across from her, "Sit and explain to me what you think you are doing so openly insulting your Queen and Mother. How dare you try to tell me how to raise my daughter, and how dare you embarrass the family in such a public setting? You think I didn't know what she was doing? You think I was blind to her little fling with that boy? And here you are, telling me, the Queen of Naboo, what is best for her own child. You, my sweet boy, have nerves of steel."

She sighed, rubbing her temples, shaking her head. Any anger that she had, had melted away as quickly as it came.

"You're too much like me, you know that?"

[member="Graxin Rade"] [member="Linori Pryde"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin fought the urge to grumble a curse. He was getting arrogant, and he knew it. It was something he would need to keep in check sooner or later. He fought the urge to inform his mother that he now held dominion over several worlds--that wasn't right. This wasn't a contest. The Knight settled in the seat as instructed, and folded his arms tight over his chest. "She's far older than I was when I started my training. The girl has a future, I can see it and so can my Masters. I've offered to train her." He stated plainly. There was no righteous retribution behind his voice, just plain fact.

"I apologize for the insult though. I'm not entirely accustomed to..." Graxin waved a gloved hand all around. "This. Not at all. I'm just a simple minded assassin mom, only good for the killin' I is." He joked, offering his mother a well meaning. Force willing she would forget he had ever mentioned Linori, even if not by name. That would be badbabdbabdbabdabbaddddd.....

"Either way, she's safe now. I want to take her to Ession with the rest of my Reform--....I should tell you about that." He reached up to scratch the back of his head. "I may or may not have led a rather large portion of the Jedi Order to Ession to adopt the old ways, the code, the council and...may have recalled all support for the Republic...and may have declared Grayson a using dictator...and the Masters have voted me leader of our Grand Council."

The Knight grimaced. "...Which is why I've been slow on the messages lately."

[member="Feena Mason"] [member="Linori Pryde"]

The Eternal Queen
...Feena blinked. Wait. Wait. Wait. What!? He... What!?

"...If this is a joke, it is in poor taste," she snapped when she finally recovered, "Have you any idea what this means? My own son!? After all the Jedi Order did for my planet during the invasion!"

She had the urge to slam her hand into the glass table, but she was above such outbursts. She was Queen. A level head was essential. But how could she not scold her son for such a foolish act?

"We will discuss this later, Cyril. For now... Felicity. I prefer to tackle one issue at a time. You brought up Felicity first. We will discuss that first. You wish to train her? At this... new order of yours? I am trying to say 'no way in hell' as nicely as I can... Give me a moment to think of a polite way to say that."

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
That Order tried to kill me and a number of others who questioned them.

Graxin folded his arms over his chest as she spoke, and listened politely. With each word she spoke he found himself formulating a counter-argument. He respected his mother both for her status as a Master of the force and the Queen of Alderaan, but she was wrong. Perhaps he was just growing arrogant, having stood up to spit in the face of the Jedi Council twice already. It didn't really matter, he'd made up his mind.

"You'd have her sit in this palace and work toward something she doesn't want to be?" Graxin lofted a brow, and canted his head to the right. The situation with Linori was out his head, for the moment. Felicity's need to be trained took precedence over personal issues, at least right now. The Knight met his mother's disapproving gaze with an intense one of his own--he truly meant his words. "She is no doll, mom. She needs to be trained, otherwise she'll find someone else to teach her, and I can guarantee you that will not go well. She needs guidance."

He paused for a moment, feeling the need to defend himself. "That Order tried to have me killed and poisons the minds of their students. They are not Jedi."

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Thank the Force they were alone in this library. Well, mostly alone. The Queen looked behind her to her body guards lined up against the wall and waved a weary hand for them to leave. Wordlessly, they filed out, one by one. They would be outside the door, waiting at a moments notice though.

She had a speech prepared in response. Her daughter, her planet, her rules. Tough. He could decide how his daughters learned when he got laid. Force knew, it sounded like he could use it. Not that it was her place to judge, but she knew a sexually repressed teenager when she saw it! Maybe all his agression towards the Order was just a result of-
Hang on a moment. Who tried to kill who now!?

"They tried to have you killed?" she hissed, keeping her voice low, "Bloody homicidal space magicians. I knew there was a reason I left."
This... changed much. She hadn't had much love for the Order as it was, however, the aid they provided during their struggle had proven the alliance with them to be advantageous. She had to think politically, of course. Yet now that she was hearing this from her sons own mouth, her only son...
Her silver eyes narrowed into slits, a low curse slipped out between her lips.

"And you want to drag Felicity, your sister, into this mess of yours?"

She was not convinced yet. He was going to have to keep working. Her's was a difficult mind to change, but it could be changed with careful, balanced argument.
"Have you any proof?"

Proof was absolutely needed now. Not that she did not trust her own child, but if she were to essentially turn her back on those who had aided her, she would need evidence to provide a concrete reason. She could not justify this politically, sending her daughter to train with an enemy of the Order, if there was not a well documented reason. She may be his Mother, but above all, she was the Queen of Naboo. Her thoughts had to be on Naboo. Always.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Proof? No. It was an indirect act, one that the Council could not be held accountable for. There was also the issue of the Jedi Council ceasing to exist. Whatever ground Graxin had left to stand on was starting to crumble.

"They sent me to Coruscant after the battle of Ossus as punishment. To retrieve a lost holocron, which happened to be in the Sith palace..where their Emperor lived. It was death, and they knew it." He replied as diplomatically as he could muster. There was no physical proof, and it was possible parts of the council had been against that decision. It was also quite possible that the majority had backed it completely. Graxin would never truly know, but he did hold them accountable for their actions, whether they were gone or not.

"If they're helpful for Naboo then I'd advise keeping ties with them. Liars or not, they're useful." He added quietly, casting a short look over his shoulder. He honestly wanted to see Linori and escape the accusations that he knew were coming, but there was no hope for it. He would stand his ground, for whatever it was worth. "I have no physical proof."

Graxin reached up to pinch the bridge of his nose. He needed to be resolute, for Felicity's sake. "I'd keep Felicity away from it all. The temple on Ession is done. She'd learn what it means to be a true Jedi there."

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
No proof. The Queen had no choice now. She could not break away from her ties, no matter what they had done. Not without solid evidence. She raised her hands with a sigh, symbolizing that the matter was concluded- weather she wanted it to be or not. Nothing more she could do to help him.

"You will protect her? Bear all responsibility for what she does? Watch her, guide her? She's a teenage girl, you know. It won't be easy." she had to know her boy understood exactly what he had to expect. Training a student was difficult. She would know. She'd trained many in her time.
"And 'true' Jedi? My dear, you are going to have to explain that one to me. Clearly. In my days, I have seen hundreds of 'true Jedi'. All fully believing that their way was the way of the Force. How can you know that your way is the 'right' way?"

She laced her fingers together on top of the table, studying her son as he gave his answer. There was no right answer here. Not a one. How could anybody ever think that they know what the will of the Force is? To even consider that your way is the only correct way is pure ignorance. Her son was getting arrogant. If he did not watch himself, someone would have to bring him down a peg or two.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
To Graxin, it was rather simple. He'd seen much of the galaxy, and drawn his conclusions without much issue. Feena, of course, had not seen the things he'd seen. She hadn't been one of the Sith, though it was quite likely she had stood up to the council in a similar fashion to himself, knowing his mother.

"I will do everything in my power to keep her safe." He promised, owing his head forward. The last question however, made him hesitate. "Those who follow the code, and do not follow a single leader blindly without any reservations. I can never be sure, but I have my beliefs.""

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
The Queen let out another long sigh, watching the boy across the table with a look that could be described as pity.

"Yes," she said, "you will do as you believe. I understand. But what do you believe? What is it you are going to be teaching my daughter?"

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom