Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Moff to Moff

Tags: Aculia Voland Aculia Voland
Equipment: In Bio

I hardly expected to be given the rank of Moff. To the Empire of the Lost, I was a random guest in the beginning expanding corporate domain in their worlds and offering service in its fleets. Now, the Moff Council has placed me in charge of two worlds and placed me among its members. Such power gained so quickly is near unheared of with my past experience. However, I was not a fool to see that building an Empire from scratch meant taking anyone willing to assist. No doubt, I was grateful. The tennants of this Empire inspire me a fair bit. We were all from failed Empires of the past that all collapsed near the same time. We spent these years looking to survive, yet come together from such ashes to rise. An Eternal like myself was welcomed just as much as those from Elysium Empire and the New Imperial Order.

While the Grand Moff on the Council was the one who gave the word to have me promoted, Moff Aculia Voland was among the first Moffs to have this Empire as a concept to begin with. It did not take much to know her weight in decision making. Her governance over the core worlds of the Empire only showed that more. Shortly after my promotion to Moff, after being granted the world of Chandaar by the Council, I was prompt to try and meet with Moff Voland. Part of this was professional courtesy, the other part though was personal curiosity. It was an opportunity to grow ties with one of the founders of this Empire of the Lost.

I appeared at her office chamber, and was gained entry in a matter of seconds. I stood before her, out of habit did an Eternal Imperial salute before breaking half a second later.

"It is a pleasure to meet in earnest, Moff Voland.", I said coldly. My respirator did little to ease such a tone in addition to my Kalidani accent.
"Out of all my new colleagues, I think you and I share much. I also am not so foolish as to miss your weight on the council as one of the founders of this Empire. It only makes sense we acquaint ourselves with each other to some degree."
While I was constrained by my adherance to professionality, my words hinted that I was interested in befriending Moff Voland through professional terms. I read her files a bit, and where we of the Eternal Empire found our Elysium counterparts to be quite weak at the time, reading on Moff Voland certainly proved that stereotype wrong in her case. From nothing, created a name for herself through service. From nothing, began an Empire that is able to contend with other major powers of the galaxy. It was true in my mind. It would only make sense we would grow ties.

Aculia Voland

Protecting her children from the shadows.
Aculia’s office had grown larger with its transfer to the Imperial Operations Center from her former residence at the Hotel Chevalier, and so had the amount of paperwork directed to her. The Moffess could barely be seen behind the stacks of datapads, reports, ledgers, and all various sorts of files and folders. Not only was she responsible for the administration of the Imperial capital system, but many other matters as well for the Grand Moff. She appeared older, more tired than she usually did, wrinkles more evident on her face, bags under her eyes that she did not even bother to try covering up at this point.

And for all this work we still have knots to untangle and wrinkles to smooth. Just now reading that report by my son on the operation at Stygeon Prime where the gear was just barely adequate and a quartermaster had not been assigned. Someone is going to have to pay for that oversight…

When she heard that Moff DuPorcelen was arriving to meet with her a shift could be seen in Aculia’s demeanor, a bit more life flowing back into her moment by moment for a chance with genuine human interaction that was not someone complaining or groveling before her. Hastily shoving aside some of the administrative miscellania on her desk and straightening her hair and posture, she approved the Moffess’s request for entry.
Offering a standard Imperial salute to Katherine’s Eternal one, Aculia replied earnestly to the Moffess’s attempt to acquaint herself with her.

“It is a pleasure to meet you as well Moff DuPorcelan and I am grateful for your presence here today, it is a welcome reprieve from my administrative duties. Please take at a seat, it would be my honor to get to know you more as well. I have been hearing many good and interesting things about you from your actions on Rhen Var and Galidraan to your new administrative efforts over your sector.”

Indeed this DuPorcelan was a rising star in the Empire, one born out of necessity. They were so shortstaffed on adequate administrators and capable admirals that it was no wonder she had quickly gathered as much power as she did so quickly. It would be good to get to know her and see where her ambitions and stances lay and perhaps secure an ally in the administration.

Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen Myri Dara Myri Dara Amiggie Lutih Amiggie Lutih (Your IC complaints do make it to Aculia eventually :)).

Tag: Aculia Voland Aculia Voland
Equipment: In Bio

Upon entering, the other Moff appeared to have been rather busy before my arrival. Luckily, instead of frustration, she seemed joyed to a degree. That, I found rather interesting. It was likely the difference of our Imperial heritage, as I found more joy in performing my duties than avoiding them. The Eternal Empire taught its subjects and citizens that they must serve to live and live to serve. As she offered to take a seat, I nodded in acknowledgement and seated myself on the other side of her desk.

It was gladening that she found the prospect of growing social ties a good decision as well. It certainly was practical, and pleasant. My posture was still rather rigid in the chair as if I was sitting at attention.

"Believe me, Moff Voland, the honor is mine. Very few have the privilege to speak face to face and personably with one of the founders of this rising Empire.", my pleasent words were starkly contrasted with my mechanically cold tone coupled with my near-blank expression, "Likewise, your impressive reputation precedes you as well."
As I sat there, I analyzed Moff Voland. Her posture, her demenour, what thoughts that seemed to be betrayed by her face (considering they would be cracking through at all), and her words. I found her to be quite the most interesting of my newfound colleagues on the Moff Council. Despite such different Empires we were forged in, our lives seemed to follow a similar trajectory. For that, it was clear we could be natural allies.

For my own sake, my Eternal heritage made me starkly stand out compared to the Moffs that originated from the former New Imperial Order's stock as well as Moff Voland's case being from the Elysium Empire. I was a rare case within the Empire of the Lost's ranks. I was from an Empire that was seen as a relative outcast from the others. Finding allies was crucial not only for serving my purpose in this Empire better, but also crucial for the sake of my own survival among its ranks. Everything I have learned about Moff Voland seemed to point towards that kind of benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom