Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MMAD Bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onith Trill

O
volt-led-watch.jpeg

Image is a Volt LED watch

Intent: To allow @[member="Xeni Kraylu"] more independence in spite of her disabilities.
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Neuro-Saav_Corporation
Model: M-TD is the closest thing I'd imagine, but this is a lot more basic, in that it doesn't think, only translate data.
Affiliation: None
Modularity: Different sensors can be installed to help aid with different senses.
Production: Unique
Material: Standard Materials
Description: The MMAD(Mute Miraluka Assistance Device) Bracelet is a rather interesting device, a watch with a computer that is designed to help Xeni Kraylu live as independently as possible. The Jal Shey ordered the bracelet to have the capability of scanning objects and determining things such as color, which the Miraluka could not perceive with her sight through the Force. This allows her to do things such as purchase matching clothes and use the descriptions of others to a fuller effect, as chasing after say, a 'blue twi'lek' suddenly becomes useful information as opposed to just narrowing it down to a twilek.

The bracelet also comes with a few companion pieces, sensors that have been sewn into Xeni's blindfold that scan for electrical impulses in the brain and send the signals to the bracelet's computer, which, when prompted with a 'command thought' translates the electrical impulses into text, to be sent to datapads or give instructions to ships. In essence it functions similarly to a cognition hood, but instead of translating the user's thoughts into motions it translates their thoughts into text, which is then used by the computer in other fashions.

As the Jal Shey did not have the best budget however, the device certainly has it's flaws. If exposed to too much stray electricity, in one form or another, the device will likely lose all sense of calibration, mistranslating thoughts and listing wrong colors, if not merely overloading and going kaput until it is repaired. Furthermore, the system also does not have the best of security measures, and a good slicer could hack the system and either alter the device's output, or even use it to try to read Xeni's thoughts.

I like the idea. It's similar to the tests they've been doing with microchips on blind people in order to give them a minor sense of perception. You've given it a fair tradeoff of weaknesses and strengths. Approved pending an RPJ's follow up.

rubber-stamp.gif

@[member="Yurik Rodecken"]

Hey, few things I personally want you to do to better conform to factory standards. @[member="Circe Savan"] is one of the new Factory Judges and learning on the fly.

Manufacturer: I'd like to see either a canon company. Or at least a company that deals closely with products such as these. Baktoid comes to mind as they work on things to assist individuals. I'd recommend perusing the approved company index. It's rather specific I know, but we love attention to detail here.

Production: Change that to minor, as unique implies there are literally either one or just a couple of those. Something like this wouldn't have just been made by your character, a company would have hopped on this idea because it's so good.

Make the edits and you have my approval. :)

Onith Trill

O
Manufacturer: I'd like to see either a canon company. Or at least a company that deals closely with products such as these. Baktoid comes to mind as they work on things to assist individuals. I'd recommend perusing the approved company index. It's rather specific I know, but we love attention to detail here.
Edited.

Production: Change that to minor, as unique implies there are literally either one or just a couple of those. Something like this wouldn't have just been made by your character, a company would have hopped on this idea because it's so good.
This was a uniquely ordered product, built specifically to the character's needs, as mentioned in the description. It could be made for others, but minor production would be cost-prohibitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom