Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mk. 1 Crusader Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
tactical.jpg

Image Source: Google Images
Intent: Provide Sarge's helpers a more advanced armor for combating the enemies of the Protectorate, while keeping in mind their position as a heavily specialized armored spearhead.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/39696-the-outfield/
Manufacturer: Omega Star Corp
Model: Mk. 1 Crusader Armor
Affiliation: Omega Protectorate
Modularity: Minor
Production: Limited [Select NPCs/PCs, per Sarge]
Material: Titanium-Durasteel Alloy
Classification: Powered Multipurpose
Weight: 134 kgs
Quality: 9
Special Features:
  • Heavily resistant to common anti-infantry weapons; armor thickness provides slight advantage against lightsabers.
  • [SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Two small bacta canisters and a hardening foam dispenser. The bacta for minor wounds, foam for holding organs in place long enough to (presumabely) reach medical attention. Foam lasts twenty minutes, then you're as good as dead.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Liquid crystal layer in armor to reduce damage from ion weapons. Increased damage from sonic weapons because crystals.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Environmentally sealed. Magnetized boots and thighplates. Boots in case of winding up in vacuum, thighplates for holding magazines to armor. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Reinforced spinal column and frame for lifting weight in excess of 6 times body weight.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Assorted things most armor has; comm units, HUD with multiple vision modes - infrared, low light, etc. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11.8181819915771px]Power cables now armored.[/SIZE]
Description: When Sarge and Ayden originally developed the armor that would become Sarge's Sith Killin' Supersuit, they knew that the expense and material required to make it would limit it to, at best, a handful of runs if they were lucky. Sarge's initial field tests with it were good, but he quickly ascertained it's strengths lied in either boarding actions or close quarters combat. In these environs, it's thick frontal armor and overall protection would allow it to function best as a veritable moving shield.

This had the natural side effect of making it untenable as a tactical choice for the swift moving currents of modern warfare. To this end, he set about designing a smaller, more producable suit. Removing the beskar underlayer and stripping down the protection, he was left with a similar suit that performed a more versatile role; footsoldier. This would allow the wearer to maintain a peak level of protection while providing maneuverability the prototype suit lacked. Where the initial was a tank, this would be an APC. Quick, efficient, and yet in its own way every bit as deadly - just on a slighter lesser scale.

The battery, located on the back, provides enough power for extended campaigns but, if need be, can be recharged either on a ship or by small solar collectors built into the pack itself. Also located in the pack are the environmental systems, allowing the soldier to breath clean air long enough to reach safety. Utilizing the same battery as the previous suit, however, had it's advantages.

By removing the inbuilt weapons and reducing the weight, the amount of power needed to move the suits muscle fibers was reduced (although there was a reduction in muscle volume to shave off weight). This would allow it to stay longer in the field and help hedge the natural reduction in strength amplification that came from said lesening in muscle. Natural weakpoints are still the joints and battery, as well as overwhelming firepower - the surest way to kill anything. Light protection has been incorporated into joints to keep every yoohoo with a vibroshiv from utterly ruining the wearers day. A gorget has also been incorporated to prevent the oft-attempted 'decapitating strike' from also immediately ruining the wearers day life.

The hope is that between this armor and the bolter, the Protectorate will now be able to field a specialized anti-Force User unit, capable of generally standing toe to toe with the galaxy's most gifted - minus the space wizardry of course.

"When you decide to die, remember to give your enemy the same honor."

Lesser version of: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/36492-purgation-armor/

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
My God. I was going to say I really liked the writing style of Mao, then I thought to myself that it looked really familiar....

Hail Hydra.

Anyways, this looks really good, and I really enjoyed reading that thread. Especially that second post. Limited production is totally fine, and although the weight is obscene,
senor-chang-ill-allow-it-sombrero.gif

Pending secondary.

PS: I couldn't help but steal your gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom