Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mithras Skeletal Enhancement Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
LazarusProject-1024x524.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Mithras Skeletal Enhancement Treatment
  • Manufacturer: Spaarti Creations
  • Affiliation: Spaarti Creations, Primo Victorian, Closed-Market
  • Homeworld (optional): Cadomai

• Production: Limited
  • Modularity: No modularity
  • Legal Status: As of the moment, there are no laws governing this particular enhancement or treatment
  • Ingredients: Modified Iskalloni Mutagen, Bonemer, Laminanium, Synthetic Bone Marrow, Modified Collagen Fibers
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Biological Enhancement
  • Method of Consumption: Implantation through a singular extensive genetic surgery and biological mutagenic process
  • Average Life: Indefinite
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: The enhancement does not have any nutritional value, but side effects that occur after surgery, until the subject's body has completely accepted the transformation, include sharp pain within the bones, fever, stiffness in movement. More serious side effects can occur if the subject's body rejects the treatment for some reason and can lead to full structural integrity loss, paralysis, susceptibility to diseases, and death.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Making use of a modified Iskalloni mutagen to force the subject's body to adapt to the process, the treatment is designed to significantly enhance a subject's skeletal structure through increased durability and healing, while also increasing the subject's height through increasing bone mass and length.
Strengths:
  • Through the use of the mutagen, Spaarti scientists are able to introduce a bonemer and laminanium mixture to existing outer bone structures to significantly increase their durability, decreasing the chances of a break by an extensive amount.
  • If a break does occur, damage can be repaired by placing the broken limb or area under a source of high heat to activate the laminanium in the new bone structure and fuse the break together. The body's natural heat won't activate the laminanium due to the combination of the bonemer and the metal.
  • Internal bone structure is replaced by modified collagen fibers that also serve as osteons to increase bone tensile strength and protect better against sheer stress and to still allow the body to store necessary minerals such as calcium.
  • To avoid health issues such as a stunted immune system and production of red and white blood cells, and platelets, bone marrow is altered into a synthetic replacement that is based on the subject's own marrow that allows production of necessary cells without being hindered by the modifications done to their bones.
Weaknesses:
  • Due to the modifications done, subject's skeletal structures are slightly heavier and can make movement through water more difficult.
  • If a break does occur, before it can be fused, the subject will likely be in paralyzing pain, and even after fusion happens to repair the damage, they will need several hours and some high-grade painkillers to recuperate.
  • Due to their increased mass and height from the treatment, stealth starts to become rather hard to accomplish as most subjects will gain at least half a meter of height, but likely more than that.
DESCRIPTION

As part of the new Project OPHION, Ce Perlo and the scientists and geneticists of Spaarti Creations had been tasked with developing brand new bio-enhancements, much like their previous work on the Vejovis Enhancement. To split the work, and to make sure not all of the research data was available in one spot for security reasons (besides the Lady of Secrets' access), Ce delegated research and development to other Spaarti locations. The Cadomai facility was tasked with researching skeletal enhancement, and their work culminated in the Mithras Skeletal Enhancement Treatment.

The initial experiments for Mithras were... unpleasant for the subjects to say the least. The scientists had thought to use direct grafts, much like other modification programs have done in the past, but they quickly discovered the downside to that as subject's experienced reduced immune responses to germs and bacteria or suffered horrendous side effects as their bodies fought against the foreign material on the bones. Death was a mercy to the early volunteers and cloned subjects.

However, one of the scientists at the facility struck upon a novel idea to counter such ill effects and achieve incredible results. The Iskalloni species in Wild Space had an adaptive physiology and also made use of a special mutagen to further allow their bodies, and those of their slaves, to adapt to their cybernetics. A modified version of the mutagen could be used to force a subject's body to adapt and accept any of the modifications done to it. Procuring samples of the mutagen in exchange for cloned laborers, Spaarti scientists began working on modifying it to their specifications.

Using the new mutagen, the scientists began introducing a mixture of bonemer and laminanium into the subject's bones, increasing their durability and hardness to unprecedented levels. The introduction of laminanium also allowed damage sustained to the bone to be repaired easily by heating up the afflicted area to fuse the break closed. However, the geneticists at Cadomai also recognized they needed to modify the inner parts of the bone to make doubly sure effects on a subject's immune system were negligible at worst.

Modified synthetic collagen fibers, combined with osteons, were introduced into the bone, replacing the original internal structures of the subject's skeleton while synthetic bone marrow, based on a subject's original, was introduced to continue proper production of blood cells and platelets.

The new process, with help from the mutagen, easily put the new enhancement treatment within acceptable rejection parameters for OPHION and was approved by Ce and Taeli.

[member="Taeli Raaf"],

I am loving this that you have decided to make a bunch of this stuff work together. However, I only have two small questions for you.

Taeli Raaf said:
If a break does occur, damage can be repaired by placing the broken limb or area under a source of high heat to activate the laminanium in the new bone structure and fuse the break together.
As you mention Laminanium can be reformed under a source of heat. Would the natural body heat of a person be able to cause the broken bones to heal naturally over a much slower time? Would a species that is Cold blooded be at a disadvantage of this, and inversely, would beings with higher core temperatures increase the healing factor?

Taeli Raaf said:
If a break does occur, before it can be fused, the subject will likely be in paralyzing pain, and even after fusion happens to repair the damage, they will need several hours and some high-grade painkillers to recuperate.
Requiring treatment like this, and coexisting with my previous question, if a person can naturally heal from this without a heat source other than the body, what if the bones fuse incorrectly? Would it require the bones to be rebroken much akin to real bone, or can one just apply a secondary heat source and just move it on their own?

Third, Speaking of heat sources, is there a chance that the bones would become melted, or be of a lower quality if on a hotter temperature environment/planet? While normally I don't think it would be a problem, but with it being implemented into someone's body, I don't know if other factors may contribute to this, and thought I would just ask for the hell of it.

Again, really cool read and interesting. I am looking forward to seeing some more that comes out of this. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask.

[member="Auberon"]

I actually hadn't considered the natural body heat slowing healing it over time just because I figured the bonemer added during the mixture would change the temperature the laminanium would need to reform a little, so I'm not entirely sure haha

I was picturing that it takes a concentrated heat, like an intense heat lamp or like a tanning bed but smaller, that would cover the affected body part and blast it with a higher heat than normal. Like a temporary cast I guess, so I hadn't considered the effect if on a higher temperature planet

[member="Taeli Raaf"], Well if you would like to add that in, thats okay. Or not. Up to you.

A way to prevent the healing, is that the other materials that are added with the metal, it causes it to not form at "Any temp" and rather a higher temp than what the body naturally can produce. And concentrated heat would be fine.

As I am not sure if you want to edit this, or anything else in, let me know if you do or don't. Then I can pass this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom