Source (x)OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Submitting the distinct suit of armour designed and worn by Anarielle Mero when necessary, with a large amount of cultural and historic value to the character as it was constructed during her era for use in an equally ancient war.
- Image Source: Source
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: AV-1s Scout Armour, Juggernaut 510 Combat Power Armour, Powersuit, Powered Battle Armour, Powered Light Battle Armour, Heavy Exoskeleton, Light Exoskeleton, Thermal Gel, PowerGlove.
- Manufacturer: Isobe Armoursmiths (Historic), Samaria Heavy Engineering (Contemporary).
- Designer: Anarielle Giala Mero
- Model: Mithran I-Class Powered Assault Armour
- Affiliation: Anarielle Giala Mero
- Modularity: Yes (Webbing, Passive Camouflage Paint)
- Production: Semi-Unique
- Material: Duravlex, Liquid Crystal, Reinforced Duraplast, Reflec Thermal Gel, Titanium, TYI flex-armor.
Classification: Powered Armour
Weight: 181 Kilograms/400 .lbs (Extreme)
Kinetic (Ballistic/Kinetic Weapons): Very High
Blasters (Directed Energy/Plasma Weapons): Average
- Annunciator (Programmable Distorter)
- Biometric Security System
- Closed Circuit Rebreather
- Cooling System (Air Conditioned)
- 300Ghz Comlink (Microwave Broadband, 300-500km range)
- Computer System
- Data Port
- Deflector Shield Generator
- Environmental Control System
- Global-Positioning System (W/Blue Force Tracking)
- Ion Manoeuvring Thrusters (Rear Boot Mounted)
- Helmet-Mounted Flashlights (NIR + Visible Light Projection)
- Holographic Heads-Up Display (Programmable, Customisable)
- IFF Transponder (Encrypted; contains basic biographical information about wearer)
- Life-Support System (90 Minute Oxygen Supply)
- Liquid Induction Port (Helmet-Mounted, rotates into Wearer's mouth)
- Magnetisable Weapon Storage Strips (Upper Thighs, Cuirass Rear)
- Magnetisable Boots
- Macromotion Tracker (HUD Display)
- Multi-Frequency Targeting & Acquisition System
- Nuclear Fusion Reactor
- Power Supply Unit (1,176 hr MTBF)
- 8x Image Magnification
- Reflec Polymer
- Self-Destruction Capability
- Servo-Assisted Boot Bracers
- Sonic Dissipators (Helmet-Lining)
- Three Terrabyte Solid State Drive
- Waste Recycling System
Designed and Constructed on Isobe within the Thustra system centuries ago where at the time they were considered the bleeding-edge in Powered Armour design philosophy the Mithran I-Class of Powered Assault Armour was particularly popular with the Royal Army and Sephi Officers within the Confederacy of Independent Systems’ military during the Clone Wars. Mithran-I Class Powered Assault Armour is a highly effective Powered Armour system even into the modern day with features identified in other contemporary and historic protective equipment such as the First Order’s Death Trooper Power Armour or the Katarn-Class Commando Armour issued to the Republic Grand Army’s Commandos during the Clone War. The Mithran I-Class Powered Assault Armour represents the wealth of Isobe and their immense appreciation for beauty and style both blended into the armour plates’ design which are lasercut to snugly fit against the bodysuit and wearer’s physiology to ensure that no agility or flexibility is lost despite the impressive amour coverage. A characteristic that isn’t shared by most modern Powered Armour designs, another feature unique to the Sephi design is that the metal, ceramic and polymer pieces of the armour are worked and forged under the direct supervision by Sephi armoursmiths with at least a century of experience in their craft this makes the armour prohibitively expensive to produce both in terms of materials and raw labour hours which prevented the suits being issued beyond a limited capacity and only among the most prestigious units received any who were often more ceremonial than practical due to their value. Individuals equipped with the Mithran I-Class Powered Assault Armour have their incidence of combat and accident related injury drastically reduced due to three-tier protective technology with a Deflector Shield System providing active rather than just passive protection; destroying high velocity projectiles before they can physically strike the user although it does have exploitable flaws and vulnerabilities.
Form-fitting technology is used extensively throughout the armour’s design with the first tier of protection being provided by a Flex-armour bodysuit which provides basic protection to ballistic, energy and melee weapons. The Duravlex coating makes it immune to ignition from fire and helps ablate the extreme energy and temperatures generated by plasma weapons before it penetrates reducing the severity of resultant burns typically inflicted by energy weapons. This particular TYI Flex-armour bodysuit took advantage of a Gel-Layer that was later implemented in Imperial Drop-Pods and a First Order Power Armour project hundreds of year later, providing significant protection for the wearer from the effects of hydrostatic shock and kinetic impacts permitting the wearer to fall great distances and withstand high atmospheric pressure without injury although this risks ‘locking’ the Gel-layer and immobilising the wearer. The Thermal-Gel Layer within the bodysuit absorbs the significant kinetic energy generated by ballistic ammunition providing protection to bones and soft tissue from non-penetrating impacts. TYI Flex-armour used in the construction of the Powered Assault Armour provides protection against low-velocity ammunition such as those fired from pistols but not armour-piercing munitions fired from the likes of rifles. The TYI Flex-armour bodysuit is equipped with a moisture wicking ‘smart’ mesh material that provides data about the wearer’s body temperature that goes on to be assessed and interpreted by the armour’s on-board computer system which manipulates the system’s environmental controls to manipulate the armour’s internal temperature as necessary to achieve maximum comfort and muscular performance.
The Mithran I-Class’ second tier of protection and its’ barrier against penetration when its’ Deflector Shields have been drained is a large number of laser-cut Ceramic Titanium plates that are shaped to conform to the bodysuit and wearer’s physique which permits them to cover maximum surface area without adversely impacting agility, flexibility or mobility giving the Mithran its’ characteristic sleek and deceptively lightweight appearance. The Ceramic Titanium is incredibly hard and can prevent penetration by all but large calibre ammunition fired from the likes of anti-material rifles. Despite the generous protection it offers up to kinetic threats it’s significantly less effective against stopping directed energy threats and is coated with a Duravlex layer to help ablate the intense heat they generate. The Armour plates can withstand at most one or two shots from directed energy weapons before failing with most blaster pistols having sufficient power to punch through down to the wearer’s bones in short order making it imperative that the wearer seek cover when their armour plates are vulnerable to damage such as when their shield deflector has been drained or is otherwise offline. Particle-Beams are incredibly effective against the armour plates and more often than not completely punch through the battlesuit’s three protective tiers with the potential to inflict ghastly injuries upon the wearer. Charric/Maser type weapons are quite effective at melting through the armour-plates with anything more than incidental contact, boiling away the Duravlex layer and Ceramic Titanium with little difficulty. Disruptors devastate the Ceramic Titanium and punch holes clean through the battlesuit’s protective layers and risks disintegrating the wearer although usually the result is grievous, life-threatening injuries.
The Deflector Shield Generator system incorporated into the Mithran-Class armour at the time of its’ construction centuries ago was rightly considered an innovation that had the potential to change Infantry units forever, though the armour never came to be anywhere near Mass-Produced the individuals equipped with it praised the feature highly. The Deflector Shield reacts to any projectiles moving at a velocity equal or greater to thirty meters per second, reacting to any incoming objects accordingly usually destroying the projectile. This increases the survivability of Troops equipped with the armour massively, allowing them to continue without diminished effectiveness through several successive engagements. At most the Deflector Shield Generator at full charge can withstand about eight shots from most blaster rifles and about double that number against slugthrower rifles. Certain heavy weapons are capable of forcing their way through the Deflector shield on contact and continuing on their flight path, draining it in the process as seen in Anti-material slugthrower rifles, Disruptors and Particle Beams. Ion Blasters are unique in that their shots immediately disable the Deflector Shield Generator on contact, with heavy Ion Blaster Rifles and Cannons having the potential to short-circuit the Power Supply Unit and drop the Exoskeleton’s weight on its’ wearer which is usually sufficient to cripple their speed and mobility dramatically increasing their vulnerability. Another pitfall to the Deflector Shield Generator is that due to the nature of Sonic Weapons the Deflector Shield Generator is unable to react and absorb their energy meaning that sonics bypass the Shield and the Armour’s third-tier of protection entirely. Shrapnel and debris which often moves just below the velocity threshold also has the potential to strike the wearer without triggering the Deflector Shield, with Melee weapons having a similar effect typically. The intense magnetic fields generated by Lightsabers and Plasma torches which contain their blades will drain the Deflector Shield on near-misses increasing the wearer’s vulnerability to ranged attacks. When compared to more recently designed suits of Powered Armour the Mithran’s deflector shield generator recharges its’ shields more slowly, taking four seconds to recharge from a full-drain and it will only begin recharging after a full five-seconds have elapsed where no damage that would have triggered the shield has been taken.
Mithran-Class Suits also come equipped with a variety of other features, they are hardened against radio emissions across the entire electromagnetic spectrum reducing net penetrating power and energy absorption by the wearer upto around eighty percent permitting extended operations in locations with significant radioactive contamination or in space where cosmic radiation can be particularly high. As a novelty its’ resistance to electromagnetic spectrum radiation also has the effect of making the armour cool and comfortable even when in environments with significant amounts of thermal energy. While the Battlesuit cannot resist the intense ionic power generated by blasters it is hardened against short-burst high power electromagnetic pulse waves which helps protect sensitive electronics and parts such as the power supply unit. Electrically insulating materials are used in the Battlesuit’s construction so that they can operate in areas with electric hazards although strangely Force-based lightning attacks and powerful Electro-Magnetic Pulse grenades that detonate in close-proximity to the wearer can bypass this protection with the potential to damage the battlesuit’s internal components and power supply unit. The Mithran I-Class Battlesuits’ Power Supply Unit and miniaturised Nuclear Fusion Reactor is located in a rounded armoured compartment located on the armour in the area that should correlate to between the wearer’s shoulderblades, with the Deflector Shield Generator located in a small round armoured compartment on the back just above the top of Pelvis. The Exoskeleton as the key feature of the Battlesuit is powered electrically by the Nuclear Fusion Generator and provides the wearer with an impressive amount of strength and endurance, providing the wearer with approximately six-hundred kilograms of lifting power permitting them in theory to lift several times their own body weight and permit the engagement of species like wookies in disarmed grapples on favourable terms. The Exoskeleton makes it much easier to lift impressive masses though and this can assist Engineers or Mechanics with performing repairs without having to rely on specialised equipment.
Extra-Vehicular activity capability for the Mithran Class is provided through a closed-circuit life support system which can uses a vital gas reserve and the wearer’s own respiration to provide clean breathable gases for about ninety minutes of EVA activity, this is sufficient for most practical applications though if necessary the wearer could equip themselves with an oxygen tank and connect to their helmet if greater oxygen supplies were needed or necessary for an operation. The Thermal Gel-Layer incorporated into the Battlesuit’s bodysuit can withstand approximately 232 Kg cm^2 or about 3,300 .lbs of pressure which permits wearers to submerge themselves to a depth of around 2,300 meters permitting deployment and use on water planets without fear of the armour crushing the wearer, of note however is that the suit’s environmental control systems steadily increases the internal pressure of the armour under high gravitational forces and high pressure which has the potential to inflict Decompression sickness onto the wearer if the pressure or gravity suddenly increases or decreases too quickly. The Thermal-Gel Layer does have limitations though, if it exceeds its’ specified design limit for mechanical load or pressure the layer will transfer all of the pressure or mechanical load onto the wearer’s body more than often shattering all of their bones and causing significant damage to soft tissue if it doesn’t outright kill them, although the risk of this is low the effects are devastating and potentially fatal for the wearer.
Due to the Mithran’s weight and designation as power armour it is difficult to nigh impossible for a wearer to equip or remove in a hurry and usually requires a team of technicians or droids to assist with getting into the battlesuit. The TYI Flex-Armor bodysuit is equipped with two flexible cannulas connected to a vacuum sealed IV port which facilitate the delivery of intravenous medication with one such IV port being located on the anterior aspect of both forearms located directly above the antebrachial vein, the IV port is discrete and the uneducated would usually dismiss it as some purposeless port or hole. This capability permits the wearer or a medic to effectively deliver medication in the event they suffer some kind of battlefield injury without having to breach their bodysuit’s hermetic seal. There is an additional port located over both biceps although this port is simply intra-muscular and not intravenous. Another medical feature built into the Battlesuit is a defibrillator built into the TYI bodysuit which connects to the user via a series of diode adhesive pads and receives data from the suit’s onboard computer which decides whether or not defibrillation is necessary, this was considered an essential feature as the armour cannot be readily removed in the event its’ wearer suffers a heart attack or another cardiac event where fibrillation is present. The armour’s coverage over the thoracic region also means that Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation compressions are completely ineffective.
Waste Management was an issue when designing a piece of equipment that's supposed to be worn potentially for days a time and so it includes a Waste Recycling system which involves a purification system that connects to the wearer's urethra via catheter and parses urine through the catheter into the waste recycling system at which oint after being converted into drinking water it is moved into a 1.5L resevoir that spirals up a narrow capillary up around the neck area where it connects to the helmet's straw-like liquid induction port which can be rotated in and out of the user's mouth and sucked on like a straw. If the wearer removes their helmet and subsequently disconnects the capillary from the induction port as a result they can place a commercial flexible adapter onto the Water Capillary and drink from the adapter which is normally secure to the wearer's trapezium area on one of the shoulders. The Helmet's liquid induction port can also be used to introduce liquid foodstuffs into the helmet without compromising the hermetic seal, permitting extended operations in contaminated environments.
Situational Awareness is important within the Battlespace and the Helmet-Mounted Display featured with the Mithran's distinctive helmet is completely customization having a number of widgets that display useful information; Ammunition Counter/Battery Charge/Power Cell Charge, Blood Pressure, Macromotion Tracker, Magnetic Compass, Shield Charge, Heart Rate and Current Visor Overlay are all displayed on the default helmet-mounted display with more widgets available and some wearers will even program their own or certain presets into the suit's generous memory. The Macromotion Monitor permits the wearer to monitor fast-moving contacts on the x and y-axis although it doesn't specify elevation or depression, the Monitor's range is approximately fifty meters but as a flaw it doesn't track slow moving objects such as most humanoids walking or swaying trees. This can make tracking slow moving targets without visual contact difficult. Most interfacing with the Helmet-mounted display is done via voice-recognized commands by the Computer. Although the left-gauntlet possesses a dataport so that diagnostic devices can be connected and changes made to the programming pending biometric authorisation from the user which includes a verbally spoken passcode or optional password and a fingerprint scan scan taken by the bodysuit.
- Ceramic Titanium Armour: The Fine Ceramic-Titanium Armour is capable of defeating most kinetic-based ammunitions upto anti-material calibre ammunition fired from high velocity rifles which should generally penetrate the armour reliably.
- Deflector Shield Generator: Emitting a Deflector Shield around the armour that is triggered by low-velocity incoming Projectiles accelerating at or equal to thirty meters per second, the Shield is capable of withstanding a considerable number of kinetic ammunition impacts from full-calibre rifles or just over a handful of directed energy weapon impacts from the likes of traditional blaster rifles.
- EMP Hardened: Most of the Battlesuit’s vital equipment is equipped with a shielded mesh that protects it from short-burst electromagnetic pulses that are released from dedicated Ion Bombs and Nuclear Devices and protects the wearer from electrocution conferring some Ionic protection although it’s still quite vulnerable to the effects of Ion Weapons such as Cannons and Blasters.
- Exoskeleton: Mithran-Class Armour is a suit of powered assault armour and provides the wearer with an extra six-hundred kilograms of lifting power, significantly enhancing their strength, endurance and permitting them to push their speed and agility to their Physiological limits.
- Reflec Coating: Prior to being provided with its’ distinctive and striking white paint the Armour is coated in a passive electromagnetic spectrum sensor spoofing Reflec Paint. This helps conceal the Wearer’s presence from specialised imaging equipment such as Thermal, Infrared and Ultraviolet channels for example. This is useless however if the wearer elects not to wear a helmet and powerful sensors used in armoured fighting vehicles may still be capable of detecting the wearer.
- Thermal-Gel Layer: Within the TYI Flex-Armour bodysuit is a Thermal Gel-Layer which absorbs kinetic and hydrostatic forces transferred to the wearer by weapon impacts giving significant protection to bones and soft tissue from non-penetrating impacts to the armour plating.
- Charrics & Masers: Due to the unique properties of Charric-based weapon they are unique in their effectiveness of being able to deplete and melt away the Ceramic-Titanium Armour in short order, with anything more than a brief exposure to most Charric beams resulting in penetration of the Ceramic Titanium Armour and underlying Bodysuit. Charrics are therefore a weapon that can reliably inflict both Kinetic and Energy damage. Particularly since it can punch through the Bodysuit’s Thermal-Gel Layer and convey large amounts of Ballistic forces on target.
- Deflector Shield Generator Flaws: The Deflector Shield System used aboard the Mithran-Class isn’t without flaws or exploitable weakness for example because the acceleration threshold is thirty meters per second any objects accelerating towards the wearer lower than about 108 km/h will not trigger the Deflector Shields. Objects that usually travel slower than this include hand-held melee weapons, shrapnel from explosives and many tracked or wheeled military fighting vehicles.
- Disruptors: Disruptor-based weapons are capable of punching straight through all three tiers of protection, draining the deflector shield on contact and has the capacity even after breaching the protective layers to inflict grievous injury upon the wearer in the event it doesn’t outright disintegrate them.
- Force Lightning: Unlike a normal source of electricity Force Lightning is capable of punching through the armour and electrocuting the armour’s wearer. Which can cause a cascading failure of the Battlesuit’s Exoskeleton by short-circuiting the Power Supply Unit dropping the armour’s weight onto the wearer while they are electrocuted, increasing their vulnerability.
- Ion Weapons: Ion Weapons such as Ion Blasters and Pistols have devastating effects on the Battlesuit, pistols have the capacity to completely drain the Deflector Shield with a single shot while Heavy Heavy Rifles and Ion Cannons can outright disable the power supply unit and force the miniaturised Nuclear Fusion reactor contained within to shut-down dropping the exoskeleton’s immense weight down on top of the wearer.
- Mechanical Stresses: Though it is unlikely the Battlesuit’s rated mechanical load or hydrostatic pressure will be exceeded, in the event this happens it can have devastating consequences for the wearer translating enough force onto the wearer that It break and shatter most of their skeletal structure with the exception of the skull with the suit transferring the load onto the wearer’s body with the potential to kill them outright.
- Melee Weapons: Handheld Melee weapons usually accelerate towards the wearer slower than thirty meters per second and as a result are usually uninterrupted on their path by the Deflector Shields permitting attackers to bypass a whole tier of protection, the narrow gaps between armoured gaps make great targets for thin daggers or monomolecular blades.
- Negative Buoyancy: Like most combat armours the Battlesuit doesn’t float and due to its’ immense weight especially when occupied they sink extremely quickly which makes even shallow rivers and lakes an environmental hazard that can significantly reduce their mobility and speed or outright remove the wearer from an engagement. With the potential for drowning or near-drowning if the Hermetic seal is breached or the wearer is without their helmet.
- Particle Beams: Because of their awesome and immense destructive Power, Particle Beam-based weapons such as heavy blaster rifles using by Marksmen are capable of completely tearing through both the Battlesuit’s Deflector Shielding and the Protective tiers beneath with the capacity of inflicting gruesome injuries not dissimilar to a Disruptor. This makes any Particle Beam weapon a massive threat to the wearer.
- Plasma-Based Ranged Weapons: Traditional Blaster-type weapons themselves are quite effective at punching through the armour’s plates once they’re stripped of Deflector Shield Protection with the Titanium Armour being capable of surviving at most one to two shots before being compromised, with the Underlying Bodysuit being designed more to reduce the severity of burns received from the extreme heat blaster based weapons generate rather than preventing penetration.
- Plasma Blades: While the armour plates can survive glancing strikes thanks to their Duravlex coat anything other than passing contact with the likes of Lightsabers, Electro-plasma weapons or Plasma Torches melt through the Ceramic Titanium armour like it was butter. What’s worse is the powerful magnetic fields that typically contain the plasma for these weapons also disrupts the Deflector Shield draining it.
- Power Supply Unit: A common part that requires regular replacement; the Power Supply unit controls the miniature Nuclear Fusion Reactor within an armoured housing located roughly between the wearer’s shoulders. If this armoured housing was compromised and the Power Supply Unit physically damaged it could result in insufficient or no power being supplied to the armour’s exoskeleton system, onboard computer or environmental control unit with the potential to disable one particular system in the case of insufficient power or all systems with a catastrophic power failure from the PSU.
- Telekinesis: Mithran-Class armour conveys no resistance to most force-derived powers with Telekinetic-based abilities being particularly notable. The Battlesuit makes the wearer no more difficult to restrain, push or pull by virtue of wearing it at the time these abilities are used against them, restraining a tired wearer with Telekinesis would be an idea way to render them helpless.
- Solar Ionising Weapons: Solar Ionisation Blasters and Cannons have levels of destructive power that rivals traditional particle beams, as a result these weapons are fully capable of bypassing the suit’s Deflector Shields and punching straight through the ceramic titanium armour that the shield protects.
- Sonic Weapons: Sonics have the nasty characteristic at being a class of ranged weapon that without exception under testing conditions bypass the Deflector Shields entirely and strike the armour plates before the Sonic weapons’ effects are then distributed across the struck area with the potential to seriously damage internal organs and break the wearer’s bones. This makes sonic the most ideal weapon to use against the wearer of such a suit if the objective is to cripple the wearer directly.
Change manufacturer to: Manufacturer: Isobe Armoursmiths (Historic), Samaria Heavy Engineering (Contemporary).
from: Manufacturer: Isobe Armoursmiths
from: Manufacturer: Isobe Armoursmiths