Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mists of Mygeeto (PM for invite)

Something has been coming out of the frozen mists of Mygeeto.

Leaving nothing but a bloody trail behind, enough civilians have disappeared to make the local city government nervous and they have appealed for help.

Discover what is lurking in the crystalline glaciers surrounding the city.

Don’t get eaten...
---
5d7395a8062fffd84b3400c059b9e2f5.jpg

The Crystalline Glaciers
Mygeeto, Outer Rim

The plea for help had been a sign of weakness by the people of Mygeeto.

Where weakness was evident, fear was behind it. And where fear could be found, the Dark Side would be found with it. Taking weakness and fear as their strength, the Sith Empire had been the first to answer the call that could, possibly, pave their way forward into the planet in future.

Two Acolytes. Two Knights. One transport cut a dark shadow across the icy blue glaciers as the Sith came down onto the planet surface where reports of the rolling mist and…whatever hid behind it… had been made.

The sun was waning, but there was enough light to see. Mist teased the edges of the glaciers around them all, but it was quiet, peaceful and fresh.

Fragments of ice spat across the ground as the heat of the repulsor engines blasted down to bring the transport to a steady stop, and after a few seconds the landing ramp lowered to reveal the four figures sent to investigate.

Connor Harrison stepped down first, four confident steps to the ground to survey the bleak environment. His tatty crimson cloak blew behind him as he stood and waited for the others before deciding to move ahead together or splitting up.

Either way, the main order of command being “don’t get eaten” rang out in their minds from the transmission received. It rattled them, regardless of how confident they seemed.

Just what were they up against? What would they find? Was this a trap?

Only time would tell.

[member="Venthis Zambrano"] | [member="Lark"] | [member="Darth Sarcophago"]

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
Standing in the transport, hood draped over my head leaving only the lower half of my face exposed, I tapped my fingers on the hilt dangling on my waist belt playing the transmission over in my head. When I, along with the group I was travelling with, first heard the transmission my lips turned into a snarl. I found weakness appalling, a plague with the potential to run amok through hearts and minds; less it be culled quickly. There was a time I cared about the citizens, but after my transformation there was no room for caring; it was such feelings that led me to the belief I was weak and complacent, and I hated what I was on the verge of becoming. Now, I was the epitome of stone-faced feelings; cold, merciless, and unforgiving. However, I was no fool. The Empire could not continue it's conquest without the financial support of it's citizens; so for this reason alone I volunteered my precious time to investigate these pleas for help.

Adjusting slightly, I peered out the viewport observing the mists as they flowed down and through the glaciers like ghostly apparitions; my mind focusing on the phrase "don't get eaten". I couldn't shake the meaning behind that three-word phrase. What was down their waiting for us? What had the citizens so spooked that they allowed themselves to fear 'it' rather than fearing retribution from failing in their duties to the Sith Empire?

My questions would soon be answered when the shuttle touched down, officially beginning our campaign. I disembarked from the shuttle throwing back the hood, taking stock in the surrounding region. The area was scantly charted, putting us at a disadvantage and granting our opposition the upper hand. Judging the environment we were forced to endure, I couldn't help to wonder what matter of abomination could thrive and survive in such a hostile and desolate region.

[member="Connor Harrison"] l [member="Lark"] l [member="Venthis Zambrano"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark patiently waited for the transport shuttle to gently drift towards the ground, demeanor as cool as the ice that awaited them below. Like the others ready for landing, he had been given the briefing on what little details were available for this mission. Someone, or more likely something, was terrorizing the people of Mygeeto, leaving naught but scarlet pools of blood in it's wake. They had no clue what was causing such a fascinating disturbance, and in their fear they reached out towards the Sith for help. Lark toyed with fear, it was exploitable like little else in the galaxy. People's minds were like a playground to him. Their terror disgusted him, but he was also thankful for it. After all, it was what brought him here. He loved missions like these, despite the apparent danger. Studying and training were all well and good, but what was the point of obtaining knowledge and power if not to use it? He had spent the first half of his life trapped, orphaned on Myrkr and abandoned by his brother, until his eventual rebirth. He'd rather be seeing all that was on display in the galaxy, no matter how much hidden knowledge the Sith temples offered.

When the shuttle finally landed he stepped out into the harsh terrain with the others, feeling the snow and ice crunch beneath his boots. A light, wispy mist danced around them like a rather playful ghost, and small flakes of snow lightly gathered on their shoulders. The relentless cold soothed the burns underneath Lark's clothing. He smiled peacefully despite the conditions, alien landscapes such as this brought him comfort as opposed to dread or hesitance. Despite the dire warnings of not being eaten, Lark eagerly awaited discovering the source of these disappearances. He always appreciated a good mystery.

[member="Darth Sarcophago"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Venthis Zambrano"]

The Crystalline Glaciers
Mygeeto, Outer Rim

The planet of Mygeeto. One that, Venthis had only briefly heard mentioned as a child. Though, he had not once ventured here. He had heard the call for a group to volunteer to be dispatched here, and he needed the experience. Not only that. He wanted something to do. Preparing for the mission was something Venthis took great ammount of care with. He had the 'you can never be too prepared' mindset. He had collected a scythe, from his families armoury carrying it on his back along with two lightsaber hilts on his belt. Who knows what they were going to find here? He wanted to know he could deal with it.

The briefing only gave away vague details to what was causing such havoc on the planet, though his main purpose here was to... capture it. He wanted it. If something or someone could cause this much chaos, then it was worth adding to his personal collection. He sat aboard a transport making his way down to the surface to the rendevous point. The ship hovered down, eventually pushing the surrounding snow and ice away as it touched down. His ship landed, not too far from [member="Lark"]'s own ship. The door opened and Venthis slowly made his way down the ramp glancing around at the vast icefields.

He made his way over to Lark, giving him a nod. "I believe we're here for the same purpose." He stated out right. "I'm Venthis Zambrano, you are?" Tilting his head, eyeing the appearance of the Human, before snapping his arms behind his back as he awaited his answer.

[member="Darth Sarcophago"] | [member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor turned his head. The three of them were stood waiting.

"We are not here to bond, Zambrano. Of course we are here for the same purpose. There will be time for introductions as we move." He looked out towards the glaciers. "We won’t have long before light wanes. We need to head out to where the mist creeps in from beyond the glaciers and wait for this…thing."

He started to walk across the frozen wasteland. Ice, snow and rock beneath his black boots crunching quietly as he did.

"Many would advise splitting up, but there is no point in corralling a threat we don’t even know exists yet, so I say we stay together and move in as one. More targets, more effort for it to take us down. Who knows, maybe we will all get out of this alive."

Connor turned his head down against a brief chill blowing over them.

"Stay tight. If you fall behind then you’re on your own."

[member="Venthis Zambrano"] | [member="Lark"] | [member="Darth Sarcophago"]

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
My eyes continued to scan the region, whilst listening to my fellow Knight. The mission had no clear leader, and though he and I shared the same rank; I was in approval of him taking the helm. Success and failure would not be scorched on the back of the one that led the group, if we failed as a group then it was obvious none of us would have returned alive to face the wrath of the Circle of Lords; or the Dark Lord himself. The judgment of death for failure was the right reserved for this thing we were dispatched to hunt. However, I was concerned why no Lord had joined this quest. The Lords I associated with craved such a hunt, and with their absence lead me to believe they had knowledge or knew something they were not willing to import to us. Where they, the great Lords, in fear of this abomination.

"I'm in agreement, it would be foolish for us to split up with what little information we have at our disposal," I added. My first role in leading a small force against the Force Hunters, where so many soldiers under my command had died, was a fresh and haunting memory of failure that never faded. I was eager and to careless in proving myself to the Circle back then, now after leading numerous conquests under the banner of the Sith Empire I grew up learning from my earlier mistakes. "Also, after reviewing the countless reports I'm not so sure we are dealing with one singular entity."

The prospect of dealing with numerous abominations, with no idea what we were actually hunting, was unnerving.

[member="Connor Harrison"] l [member="Venthis Zambrano"] l [member="Lark"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark chuckled lightly as he listened to the scolding given to Zambrano, he was vaguely aware of the reputation the family name carried with it. He would be sure to gauge the power of the other acolyte for himself. Not out of any sense of rivalry, missions such as this were not the time to let one's ego carry them away. No, he simply wanted to see what he could do. Lark also made a mental profile for the other new face, Connor Harrison, who seemed to have been silently accepted as the leader of the operation. While Lark was still slow to play well with a team, he could make it work for the time being. After all, he loved meeting new people, getting glimpses into the dark recesses of their mind and learning what they feared. People were such interesting little creatures. Lark gave Zambrano an amiable nod in greeting as they began walking. "My name is Lark," he said over the rough crunch of boots meeting ice.

The wind buffeted at the four figures as they slowly trudged through the frozen hellscape before them. Although he had been reborn in fire, in truth the cold had always been his preferred weather. He easily kept pace with the others, his hand on his chin as he silently pondered what manner of monstrosity could be responsible for such a disturbance. He had studied several holocrons on different species, but none stuck out as a probable suspect. He idly picked a bit of frozen skin off his lip, barely noticing the stinging pain of the harsh wind against his face. He had hardly blinked since they had landed. He listened to the suggestion from his former training partner, of the possibility of multiple beasts. The thought only excited him more. "Any ideas on what kind of creatures we might be dealing with?" Perhaps someone more learned than him had an idea.

If not, they had nothing. But Lark had grown accustomed to that. It was what made missions like this so enjoyable.

[member="Darth Sarcophago"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Venthis Zambrano"]

His eyes glared towards [member="Connor Harrison"] for a moment, almost squinting. He would simply turn his head in a sense of dismissal. Venthis was able to contain himself from an outburst that might get him into slight trouble, and that was the least of what was wanted right now. He sensed that the man, delivering his scolding was experienced. Scarred, he could respect that and so did he to his words. They had come to complete a simple purpose, and the young Zambrano knew failure was not an option. Giving a nod to [member="Lark"] as he replied with his name, thankfully. As the mention of creatures were proposed, Venthis was unsure if anything. The reports were vague and held no real detail.

He chose not to add anything to the discussion, it was not needed and if anything a waste of his own time and breath. He glanced out into the distance, squinting his eyes as he searched for something. The only thing that left his mouth was...

"Hm."

[member="Darth Sarcophago"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom