Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Planets: Chandrila and Ahch-To

I've scoured the map, trying to find Chandrila and Ahch-To, but they don't seem to be on the map itself. As worlds found in legend canon and the newer canon, I would have thought that these worlds would have been added.

Do I need to make a planetary submission in the codex for either planets to be added? Or will they be included in the next map update?

[member="Ella Nova"]
If they are not currently listed on the map you will need to request they be added via this thread, following the appropriate template (to the T). Please be mindful of the map rules, such as planet limits per hex.

Planets needn't be added to the map, either.

[member="Ella Nova"]

Well, alright. Example one is a couple threads that happened on Tython. New folks show up, don't know who is who, decide to RP on Iconic Jedi World, whoops, its Sith Held, they get jumped and get thrashed their first thread. Its happened a couple of times. Why would you want that to happen with this Jedi World, supposed to be hidden and secluded on not on any normal star map.

Your alt RP's on the Home. It would suck if, say, the SSC took that system and wiped whatever you had done with it away.

Also, it doesn't make sense that Ahch-to would be on the map, its literally only on part of a single map, why would every joe schmo be able to find it on a star chart.

Somethings, that planet included, don't NEED to be on the map.

[member="Ella Nova"]

I would think the planet would not really be necessary to be placed on the map because there is already a planet called Tython which was the original Homeworld of the Jedi. It would be much easier to just say that Tython and Ahch-To are the exact same place with the name being lost over time. Especially due to the lack of information on the planet Ahch-To.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
I have never understood this mindless fascination with putting planets on the Chaos Map. As if a person can't roleplay on a world if it ain't on the map. It brings a whole swath of annoyances, but has literally zero benefit to anyone, unless you are desiring to put your brand on it and claim it with your faction.

What Draco said. Ahch-To gets put on the map, and the purest, best-hidden, and most unassuming shrine in all of canon will turn into some combination of personal fiefdom, map game dot, corporate acquisition, convenient pirate haven waiting for convenient liberation, war zone, point of grabby schismatic contention, defilement target, and hot tub locale. And if that doesn't disgust you, it sure disgusts me.

Also, Tython isn't Ahch-To. They're completely different in every way and located in completely different parts of the galaxy.

tumblr_m87bsc0tU61r9onvzo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_m87bsc0tU61r9onvzo2_r1_500.gif

At the time SJO was foundered, the map was very blanketed with factions controlling a large area of the map. We requested Voss to be added so we could have a place that had a great deal of history not only for the Jedi but Sith too. At that time there was not much to offer for us to set up on a Jedi planet. But now the map is wide open and there are plenty of planets to RP on that are not secured. And for someone to set up home on.

I also consider it bad form if there is a small group setting up on a planet not claimed or added to the map after it is requested, and others come and Dominion it, without asking those involved on that planet. Naturally, things can happen by mistake, but for the most part we all know if a certain planet is occupied and being RPed by a group.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
As the current Map maker;

Ignore everyone in this thread. If you want to see a planet on the map for whatever reason, request it in the map update thread.

Dont really care about the why, but if you want to see it on there just request it. Granted this request can be denied for a number of reasons, but generally it will not be.

People will find their way to planets no matter how "secret" they are in canon. Doesnt matter if theyre on the map. So i say again, you want it, just request it.

Somewhere out there, there is a real cartographer looking at this thread, weeping openly at the group desire to hide a planet. If they didn't want people to use Ahch-To why didn't they delete it from Wookieepedia too?

"They probably call it Burma," he sniffles into his gin and tonic, questioning the very purpose of maps in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom