Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Misplaced money.

To many Coruscant was a dream. It was a seamless tapestry of what ninety percent of the galaxy would never have. A place of gaudy grandiosity where the richest of the rich and the most famous of the famous lived in penthouse suites so high in the sky they could open their windows and snatch a star. The home of the senate and The Jedi. A place of order, security, and law built on a foundation of justice, fairness, and doing what was right. They didn’t know that foundation was hiding a bloated, decaying, still bleeding, still breathing body.

Coruscant’s lower levels were a different world entirely. All the glitz, glamour, and gaudy glory of the surface was lost among grime, grime, and grotesque poverty. Despair was the order of the land, spice was the number one import, and desperation was its chief export. The surface was governed by the senate and protected by the Jedi. The lower levels were protected by no one and run by whoever had the power and the willingness to spill the blood it took to seize control.

Ragos had the will and he was constantly on the prowl for power. Born to Korunai refugees and raised for most of his life on Nar Shaddaa, Ragos learned early the difference between the mutha suckas that had juice and the ones that didn't. He saw what it took to get tha juice and had the heart to do what it took to keep it. That’s what brought him to Coruscant and what drove him to carve out his own piece of the underworld whether it wanted him to or not.

Building an empire didn’t happen overnight, that chit took work, and Ragos was willing to do tha work. He was posted on the corner of some street on some level down past two-thousand with four other dudes. All were Korunai, all were under twenty-five years old, and all owed their loyalty to Ragos and to tha Killer Korunai, a street gang founded on Nar Shaddaa. For these young men the street corner may as well have been a corner office. This is where the money was made but chit was slow right now; no customers in over an hour.

After an hour of nothing more than talkin chit and standing around the corner bustled with awe and surprise as an all black speeder worth more than the five of them combined came rolling up. Everyone was excited. Everyone except Ragos, he knew exactly who this speeder belonged to and couldn’t think of anyone he’d want to see less.

The speeder door opened and out stepped Marcus Venn. Ragos watched the old gangster get out of the speeder, bald-headed and head to toe in expensive black leather, no common bantha for Marcus Venn. Marcus stayed near his ride and turned his head this way and that way taking in his surroundings, like an expert pazzak player it was impossible to tell what was going on behind Marcus’ eye—he only had the one after all—but Ragos thought or maybe just hoped that he saw a glimmer of appreciation or even respect.

“Yo! Whatchu need Partnah? got it for ya!” One of the corner boys yelled out before Ragos had a chance to say or do anything more than stare at this man he hoped to never see. Marcus for his part laughed long and loud, the sound reverberating off the derelict buildings that lined the street.

“You’re quite the business man ain’t you, young fella?” Marcus said with what could only be described as the most dangerous smile on Coruscant. “Give me a quarter ounce of bush and two vials of that sweet singing spice, I heard you boys got.”

A couple of things happened next, the corner boy that had called out to Marcus made a series of hand gestures to the building behind him and then another to the one across the street, then from the first building out ran a little Korunai boy no more than eight or nine years old. The boy ran up to Marcus and took his credits, then from across the street came another little boy, younger even than the first carrying a food container from the Twi’lek restaurant up the way. He handed the box to Marcus, thanked him for his business and ran back to the building he’d come from. By the time that had all finished, Ragos had made his way over to stand next to Marcus.

“Snazzy little set up you got here. I take it this is how you been paying me back?” Marcus asked, his voice cold.

“Yo man, I been paying you on time. You ain’t gotta come down here harassing nobody.” Ragos replied.

“Harassing? Kid, you got this chit all wrong. I’m just interested in how it is you been getting me my credits.” Marcus said.

“Why?” Ragos asked, the hair on the back of his neck standing up.

“Because mutha sucka, my boss had three different collections get hit in the last month and all signs have led me back to you, the speeder jacking dope thief.” Marcus said full of menace.

“Kark you man, I did-” Ragos started to say

“Don’t give me that chit, you little prick! You and I both know that chit ain’t going so well for you and yours, you still owe me and your boss and what is he going to think if he finds out you’re taking meetings with certain individuals, offering to sell for them and paying money to me, when you’re behind on your payments to him? Sounds like desperate times and you know what those lead to, don’t ya?” Marcus said, stepping right into the younger man’s personal space.

“Marcus, I didn’t hit yo people, man.” Ragos said, almost pleading.

“But…?” The older man said.

“But I’ll find out who did.” Ragos said.

“Cheeeit. That’s all you had to say.” Marcus said, the smile returning to his face. “You heard of a bar called Zeet’s?”

“The Ithorian’s place? Yeah.”

“Good. Go meet an associate of mine there in a half hour so you two can get this chit resolved. I believe you two have met before, he loves to tell the story of how you nearly lost your lunch when his bat came flying at you nearly as much as the time he had to rescue you from club kasakar.” Marcus laughed again, got in his speeder and took off.

Fifteen minutes later Ragos was walking through the door of Zeet's, a literal hole in the wall bar with room enough for only six tables and a bar that fit four stools. There was no music and hardly any light. Ragos looked around to see if he could find Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Jay quietly sat in the bar, in just the right spot to be almost behind the "door." Nice trick for when you wanted to not be seen. Apparently someone thought they could just take out some Family shipments though. He heard a call from outside, and guessed what it meant as he held a datapad over his face. Then, yep. There was Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek . He smirked a bit before giving a whistle, cigara in his mouth as he looked at the man. He'd motion to a chair before speaking up.

"Ok, kid, I've gotta ask. Do you look for trouble, or does it just find you naturally? Twice is coincidence, but three times now?" He'd offer a cig as he said this, hoping that Ragos would spill what he knew to him. Definitely wasn't ideal, and the evidence pointed to Ragos, but he wasn't stupid. He knew what crossing the Family could bring. Heck, the beastmaster basically proved the point when he first met Ragos, and like then he had his Rims and knives. Right now though he wasn't holding a weapon or anything. Just his pad.

Zeet's spot was empty. No customers, no staff, not even the ithorian could be seen. Ragos was half a second away from leaving when there was a sharp whistle from behind him. Ragos turned to find Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred hooded and cloaked in a could have cigarra smoke sitting alone at a table. He motioned for Ragos to sit and Ragos obliged.

This wasn't Ragos first encounter with the man. That had been a couple of months back and had been less than pleasant. Ragos had been threatened with a knife and shot at all because some people—Marcus Venn—got it in their heads that he had murdered a dealer and stolen his stash. Granted Ragos had absolutely done this but he didn't know how they would know that or who he was or whatever but that didn't matter, they found out and they had sent this guy to track him down and "work chit out"

"Ok, kid, I've gotta ask. Do you look for trouble, or does it just find you naturally? Twice is coincidence, but three times now?" The enforcer said, offering Ragos a cigarra.

Ragos took it gladly and drew a big pull letting half the smoke escape through his nostrils as he exhaled a large cloud of smoke.

"Chit man down here you don't gotta be lookin to find trouble for trouble to find you, know what I'm sayin? But chit, as often as I be seein yo ass, it's startin feel like the universe or The Force or what ever is out ta get me." Ragos answered.

"Look, I already told Marcus, I don't know chit. Now I'm tellin you, I do not know chit, but I made a couple calls on my way up here. There is a sabacc game that gets run out of the kitchen of the restaurant at a hotel called 'The Portal'. Supposedly the stakes are pretty high and apparently last game someone was bragging about having a big score lined up. Worth checking out right?"

Jay listened carefully, thinking about what Ragos was telling him. Didn't sound like he was lying, and despite past interactions he did have some faith in the kid. That was just business before anyway. This could be a good lead. Jay gave a slight smirk as he nodded.

"Sounds like a good place to start. I think I know the place you're talking about too if you want to go ahead over there and take a look. Maybe asking this loud mouth nicely what this score is." He started to get up and move towards the door, giving a whistle has he did, with a familiar looking Loth-bat flying down to join them. He then looked to see what Ragos's reaction would be.

"Don't need to worry about him this time."

Ragos Terrek Ragos Terrek

Ragos’ deepest desire as the loth-bat came fluttering down was to reach for the piece in the back of his waistband. He was smarter than that though and honestly only jumped a little at the creature’s arrival.

"Don't need to worry about him this time."

“I ain’t worried.” Ragos said, keeping a wary eye on the bat as the two men stepped out of the bar. “Yo man, what should I call you?” Ragos asked once he realized he didn’t know this guy’s name and to be clear he didn’t want to know his name, not his actual name anyway just something he could refer to the man as for this hopefully very brief time they were working together.

“You can keep calling me Kid if that chit works for you. We ain’t gotta get too personal here, it’s business right?” Ragos was fairly conversational now that bat-man over here wasn’t threatening him with blasters or knives or kriffing flying creatures but that didn’t mean he wanted to be best friends. Infact, in Ragos mind, the more he saw of this guy or anyone else in that meeting room, the worse it was for him.

“Yo, hold up a secent.” Ragos said as they reached the end of the block. Two young Korunai kids were coming out of a convenience store, neither one of em could’ve been older than twelve. “Come ‘ere.” Ragos said to the two boys who listened without so much as a beat of hesitation.

“Where you two from?” Ragos asked them not unkindly.

“Round the way.” One of them said.

“Chancellor road. De apartments over d’ere” The other said, with a much thicker accent than his friend.

“Forreal? My boy Yi’it lives round that way.” Ragos told them.

“Yeah we know.” The first boy said, quickly clearly trying to sound smart and earning a slap on the shoulder from his friend.

“No doubt you do. Where ya’ll parents at young fellas?” He asked them.

“My mom works.”

“Mine too.”

“Where ya’ll pops?”

“Dunno.”

“He’s dead.”

“Ah chit.” Ragos said and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a thousand credits split them in half and offered five hundred to each boy who grabbed for the money quickly but Ragos yanked it away at the last second.

“This is for yo moms, you dig? None of this chit goes to you, feel me?” He told them. “You wanna make some credits for yo’selves, you go find Yi’it, feel me? Tell him Ghost said to put you on.”

“No fething way. You are Ghost?” The boy with the thick accent said.

“You remember what I told you bout these credits. If I find out you two spent the chit on new kicks or candy or whatever dumb chit…” Ragos let the threat of what he would do hand in the air.

“We won’t” They both said.

“Go see Yi’it.”

“We will!” They said taking the credits and running off toward their homes.

“Alright, let’s go get that chit.” Ragos said to his new partner.

After some time they were standing at a service entry door to The Portal. A few moments after that Ragos was a few credits lighter and they were being led through windowless gray duracrete corridors to the kitchen. Noise, heat and spice filled the room. There was yelling from the kitchen staff, the crackle of flames and the loud appetizing sizzle of food being cooked. They were led past all that to a walk in freezer or what appeared to be a walk in freezer until the door was opened revealing a whole nother room.

The room was sparse. No carpet, no paint on the walls, no windows but there was a small bar in the corner complete with a bartender, a sweaty balding man taller than both Ragos and bat-man. Ragos assumed he was in charge of the game because he was sweating but not sat at the small sabacc table set up in the middle of the room. The dealer was a droid and there was six places to sit, four were full. The seat on the far right end was empty, to the left of that seat was a male nikto, he wouldn’t have stood out much but on his hand was a tattoo that Ragos found weird, the number sixty-nine covered the back of his hand but it looked like it was made out of eyeballs, a pretty palliduvan woman was sitting next to him, then another empty seat, A Jawa was in the seat after that but Ragos had no idea how to tell whether it was male or female, even the speech didn’t give it away as it chattered in jawaese, and it the last seat on the left was a zabrak male, decked out in gold chains, gold bracelets, gold rimmed glasses and when he smiled Ragos could see a gold tooth.

“Three guess on who our guy is…” Ragos whispered to Bat-man.

The game room wasn’t empty though. At the bar there was three other people, all Korunai. Two dudes and a chick. The guys were dressed in green caps, a sign they belonged to the Killa Korunai but Ragos didn’t recognize them. They turned to look at him and that’s when he saw that both of them had the number thirteen tattooed on their face under each eye. These dudes were part of the crew on level thirteen-thirteen. Newcomers to the gang but a solid crew. It was their leader G’mz that had tipped him off on this game and the lead. The two Korunai at the bar gestured at the zabrak, making it clear that’s who they should be looking at.

“Yo. Should we sit down and play, see if we can get that mutha sucka talking or do we just go noisey and snatch that sucka?” Ragos asked Bat-man. Ragos was down for whatever, he had always been pretty good at sabacc, though he preferred dice. A snatch and go was risky as hell. They didn’t know who was running this game or who this zabrak was connected too but that chit would sure send a message about who not to kark with.

For now he would wait for Bat-man’s answer, this was Family business after all….

Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Jay smiled a bit at Ragos, speaking up as he looked around.

“Jay Galore. Your name would be good to know too though, kid.” Yeah, Jai knew some things about Ragos from files already, but he wanted to see how much the man wanted to say right now. Either way, he’d soon notice the kids walking up, and how Ragos interacted with them.

They seemed to have good intel, which was nice to have for a change. He looked at Ragos as he thought the conversation over in his head.

“I take it Yi’it’s either a friend, or an ‘old friend.’” He continued to follow smiling a bit as they finally walked into the place. Jay would sneakily light a cigarra on some of the flames, sliding it into his mouth as him and Ragos walked out to the bar area, and… well if the guy was showing off his wealth it was obvious, and some of Ragos’ friends here seemed to know it too. When asked if they should join a hand or not, Jay smirked a bit, slyly showing him what looked like some sort of horn or ivory.

“Play a few hands, and maybe bluff him with this. Caoineadh spike, but think he’s bright enough to tell the difference between it and say, a Rancor claw?”

On the walk to the hotel:

“Jay Galore. Your name would be good to know too though, kid.”

“For now, Kid works just fine. No offense meant, Jay but I hope this is the last karkin time you and me gotta do chit like this, feel me?” Ragos told him with the kind of chuckle you would speak with when trying to deliver an uncomfortable truth but keep the tension to a minimum.

“I take it Yi’it’s either a friend, or an ‘old friend.’” Jay mused, clearly not catching on to the whole ‘let’s keep this thing professional vibe’ Ragos was going for.

“Yi’it is a corner boy.” Ragos explained ignoring his own desire to not get personal. “A damn good corner boy too, he sells whatever is given to him, he don’t ever come back light, and he don’t shoot at chit without getting the go ahead first.” Ragos said.

“I hope, if I can send that fool more kids like them,” he pointed at the back of the two youths as they ran off.

“he will get off the fething corner and run the apartments down here, so I don’t gotta do the chit myself. It’s all about upward mobility, Jay.” Ragos said, taking a drag from the cigarra.

“Them boys stand on the corner, Yi’it runs the building, I go a few levels higher on this fething planet and repeat that chit over and over until I’m up on the surface counting credits instead of bricks.” There was a wistful look in his eye and a hunger in his voice that almost hid the lie.

“But fething Yi’it loves the corner, man. Nothing comes from the corner cept dyin but that boy don’t wanna listen.” Ragos shook his head in disappointment, unsure if he was really talking bout Yi’it or accidentally speaking the truth about himself.

“Play a few hands, and maybe bluff him with this. Caoineadh spike, but think he’s bright enough to tell the difference between it and say, a Rancor claw?” Jay asked, holding on to…something. Ragos’ could’ve been understood by any one with sight, it was clear that he looked at the horn or whatever and was thinking ‘what the feth is that?’

“Man, I ain’t never seen a rancor claw in my whole life, how should I know if that schutta over there can tell the difference?” Ragos asked. He wasn’t rude exactly, just utterly stupefied. “Let’s just play.”

Ragos sat down in the open chair between the jawa and the palliduvan. It was time for the hustle.

“Yo, yo, yo, what’s the buy in?” He spoke quickly and loudly, making sure the whole table knew he had arrived.

“Five hundred credit buy-in.” The droid dealer responded, amicably. Well, it was more cold, robotic and pre-programmed than actually amiable but it also wasn’t angry or telling him to get lost so, a win is a win.

“Hot damn, this is a real damn game then, I guess.” Ragos said smiling and an overly friendly tone. “Gotta have deep, deep pockets.”

“To weed out the riff-raff.” The nikto said. His voice could’ve been angry or annoyed but there was no way to know if that was because of Ragos and his act, an eagerness to get back to the game or his bantha chit luck.

“No doubt, no doubt, no doubt, no doubt, no doubt.” Ragos spoke so quickly he might as well’ve said only one word not two words over and over. Ragos pulled out a stack of credits, for feth’s sake today was becoming expensive, the last of his credits and shoved them over to the dealer droid who returned him a stack of chips.

“Let’s play some cards.”

Jay shook his head a bit, tucking the piece of spike into his cloak as he walked up.

"Hey, I don't know, could be something if we need it though." The man would quickly take the other free seat. He decided to just be quiet, and pull out the 500 credits to start. Weed out the riff-raff? Interesting. Usually "riff-raff" were good for a few free credits. Maybe Coruscant scene was a bit more big bucks? Either way, he had the credits. Meanwhile, Teilden, the Loth-Bat, seems to sit down next to him, having snuck in a bit, and eating some totally not stolen food. He wasn't gonna to pay much mind, since that usually meant no one else would notice too much either. He looked at Ragos for a second before looking at all the others, then the clear culprit in this case, given the bling. Hopefully they'd be a bit loose lipped.

Jay took the last open seat, joined of course by that fething loth-bat, Ragos had to imagine that Jay’s work must end with a lot of dead bodies because seriously how the feth does he blend in with that thing following him around everywhere? The guy must have to waste every witness. It took only a moment for the table to settle down and the cards to be dealt out.

“Forget the cards, sabacc is about playing people.”

That was a direct quote from Joran Del-Finn. Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, Mandalorian, the man that taught Ragos how to really fight, and the best damn card player Ragos had ever met. It took a few hands for Ragos to really get a feel for the table but after close to an hour of slow play and fast talk Ragos was starting to draw a picture on the sentients around him.

Unsurprisingly the nikto was playing way too aggressive. Four or five hands in and he had amassed the second largest stack of chips but now he had the second fewest because he couldn’t learn when to dial it back. The Jawa was chum in the water and had the shortest chip stack since Ragos sat down. The little creature’s strategy seemed to be to just bleed slowly from antes rather than take any actual risk.

A slow death is the worst kind

The palliduvan was an okay player but she seemed to genuinely enjoy talking as much as Ragos was pretending to. She didn’t shut up and somehow she had worked herself into third place. Jay for his part had been stoic and tight jawed, which had somehow won him the affection of the palliduvan who took every chance to flirt with him. At first Ragos thought Jay was an amateur at the game, folding when his hand was bad and only betting when his cards were good, the kind of strategy that kept you a float but never won you any respect or any real credits but Jay had just won the last five hands, two of which beat out Ragos in situations where he had been certain of victory. Behind the rough look was a pretty sharp mind. Ragos would need to remember that.

Another hand down and this time Ragos won, taking the Jawa out of the game completely after luring the tiny guy…or gal into actually playing. It would’ve been impressive if he’d done it to any of the other players. The jawa said something that sounded like a curse and stormed out. The chip rankings looked like this now, Jay in second, the palliduvan in third, Ragos in fourth, the nikto in last, and the leader was the blinged out Zabrak. Ragos watched his playing style and found himself unimpressed.

Sure the guy had the tall stack but he guarded his chips like a sanval. Jay must notice the same thing. The guy was dressed flashy as chit but he hardly spoke and rarely bet. In Ragos’ opinion the guy seemed like well…a coward. Hardly the type ballsy enough to pull armed robbery on runners who worked for Marcus Venn or whoever Marcus worked for. Ragos had tried his damnedest to goad the guy into long rallying hands and hadn’t gotten him to move an inch off his strategy of just waiting everyone else out. All Ragos talking seemed to float right over him as well, though he was certain if he poked even a little he could get that nikto out of his chair and trying to swing at him.

“Yo man.” Ragos said to the zabrak trying for the umpteenth time to get anything out of him. “Nice bling man. That chit real? Musta cost a lot if it is.”

“You no need to know my business.” The zabrak answered softly, with only a tiny hint of annoyance at Ragos once again opening his mouth and not just playing.

“I didn’t ask about yo business mutha sucka, just the chit you wore for every mutha sucka here to gawk at.” Ragos said fired up, drawing a tck sound from the deal droid and a stern eye from the balding human running the game.

“Shut up and play.” The nikto threatened.

“Who fething asked you?” Ragos shot back. The nikto stood up so fast his measly stack of chips went spilling onto the floor. Ragos didn’t even bother to stand up to face him, though if no one got in the alien’s way before he reached Ragos, ya boy could be in some chit.

“Oah, let's calm it down here, okay?” Blado said trying to stop things from going exactly where they seemed to be heading. The nikto stopped his advance and gave a weary eye to Baldo. Ragos would have to guess that the nikto had some clue whose game this really was.

“I didn’t do chit.” Ragos said loudly.

“All three of youse, this stops or you're out, got it.” Baldo said in a tone that left no argument.

“That's some bantha chit.” Ragos said under his breath.

“Yes. Do tell us about your jewelry. You were so talkative last game and now nothing? I would have to guess you came up on that score?” The palliduvan said to the zabrak in that sultry voice of hers.

“A score?” Ragos asked fully interested in what the zabrak said next but trying to act like it was just some gossip. He threw in a few chips to raise the pot and keep this hand going, not even bothering to look at his cards.

The zabrak eyed Ragos and Jay distrustingly. “What do we look like fething CSF to you?” Ragos asked. “Just tell us.”

“Okay, okay, okay.” The zabrak said like they had just tried to extort the information out of him but Ragos could see a smile pull at the corner of his mouth like he had been waiting for someone to ask him this very question all night.

“I make good, credit. Hijacking. Big score.” The zabrak said full of pride.

Ragos eyes flicked over to Jay. Hijacking wasn’t exactly the phrase Ragos would use if he were to describe robbing a couple of runners at blaster point but it also wasn’t a word that couldn’t be used. He would let Jay decide their next move. Grab the guy, waste the guy, keep playing and try to get more info to be sure they made the right choice.

Jay looked over, continuing to listen carefully. Yeah. He had definitely robbed something big. The hunter seemed to get the idea that this guy was cocky. Cocky was good for him and Ragos though. That meant that he could be hooked into a deal he thinks he can win. Right now, they'd have to wait. At least until Jay managed to get what seemed to be a good hand. He patted the Loth-Bat before pulling the bit of horn-like material from his cloak.

"Ya know. You talk a big game. Why don't we make it interesting? This is a bit of Rancor claw. Costs a pretty credit. I win this hand, you tell me where exactly you got you're score. You win, you get this claw fragment." He was playing nice for now. If he lost, Jay would find a nice spot to surprise him later. Either way, he hoped this guy would take the bait.

Maybe, it was the attention for his bling. Maybe, it was the damn winning streak. Maybe, the zabrak just saw Jay as an easy mark who bet body parts in place of real credits but the zabrak who had played conservative all game took Ragos by complete surprise and agreed to Jay’s proposal.

“Why not? I lose nothing but words.”

The round played. The bets went out. Ragos tossed his card right away, he had lost on the first deal. The palliduvan was quick to follow but the nikto seemed to think that if he just kept betting it would change just how chit he was.

The round end and it was time to go cards up. The nikto had eighteen. Not bad but feth this guy couldn’t catch a break. The zabrak came up with twenty-one and a big grin that showed his golden tooth. Jay hadn’t even looked at his cards. He flipped one it was a two and flipped the second it came up as a three. A fething idiots array.

No. Fething. Way.

Everyone rushed to congratulate Jay on his hand. Hell even Ragos clapped him on the back in a friendly manner. That chit was genius. The type of hand that people talked about every time they sat down at a game after seeing it.

“Spill it man!” Ragos said still running on the excitement of Jay’s hand.

“Okay, okay.” The zabrak said. “I get good score.Speeder parts, tools, electronics, took from shipments on Commenor, I sell them here, make good credit.” The zabrak said.

“What the feth? Commenor? What about the collections?” Ragos said unable to believe the chit he was hearing.

“Collections? What you say?” the zabrak asked dumb struck.

Jay managed to hold back a smirk as the hand went through, at least until it was time to show is cards. He even laughed a bit as Ragos clapped his back, looking around at the others. That was definitely a rare kinda hand right there. And now it was time for some answers. He listened carefully, looking somewhat curious by the fact the zabrak hadn't stumbled upon a lot of credits. He looked over at Ragos, then back at the guy. Something was already going through his mind.

"Commenor shipments hm.... You don't happen to know who was delivering the shipment you stole? Company brand or something?" Jai would have to give Ragos the reason he was asking later. Couldn't really spill it right this second, but he just hoped to get an answer they were looking for.

Jay’s question got the newly chatty Zabrak to go quiet again. Dude mumbled something under his breath about it being some Corellian based company or some chit unit it got real obvious he wasn’t in the mood to say anything else.

“That’s enough fethin questions outta you two.” Said The bald human running the card game. “You’re out. The both of youse.” He said gesturing angrily at Jay and Ragos.

“Frak you mean, man?” Ragos asked indignant at getting the boot.

“Did I stutter?” Baldo said. His voice was soft but for whatever reason that made it seem even more hostile.

When the feth did this guy get so big? Ragos thought as he took a good look at the bald guy for the first time. He was tall like real tall, two or three inches taller than Ragos and dude had to be like fifty pounds heavier.

Chit, no wonder this mutha sucka is sweating, he was wearing a full suit, a frakking nice one, gotta be a few thousand credits at least, and his fething hands were huge covered in rings and on one wrist was a rose gold krono that had an extra band. If Ragos had to guess, that timepiece was twenty-K credits, easy.

“What about my credits?” Ragos demanded.

“Get the frak outta here.” Baldo said.

A commotion from behind Ragos was the door opening for two large Dowutin with nasty-looking blasters to come in the room with the game taking up so much space it felt like the room was shrinking. Ragos however got the picture. He put his hands up and backed out of the room with nothing more than a scowl on his face. Ragos didn’t know if Jay would put up a fight of any kind, part of him hoped he would and the whole fethin group of them would just shoot each other.

“Now what?” He would say to Jay if he had followed him from the room or to himself if Jay was still involved inside. After being escorted back out through the hotel’s service door and out into the alleyway Ragos laid eyes on the guys from G’mz’s crew who had been posted up at the bar during the card game. They had to have been the ones to give G’mz the info that led them to the card game in the first place, he should probably talk to them dudes and see if they had any other leads.

“Ayo, homie, hold up!” Ragos called out.

What the feth?

Them dudes turned took one look at Ragos(and maybe Jay) and just fethin booked that chit in the other direction.
“Chit!” Ragos took off after those twins running as fast as his legs could take him which is pretty fast all things considered, it just so happened these dues were fast as hell too, and had a head start.

He chased them down the alley for a ways when some seriously dumb chit happened. The fething alley turned into a “T” and them dudes did the smart chit and split up. One went right and the other left. Ragos hauled ass and went left hoping beyond hope Jay was close enough behind to go after the mutha sucka that went right.

Jay looked at the man running the card game, backing up a little but keeping his own weapons easy.

"Hey, just making sure I got my win's worth. Nothing more." He looked at the others, noticing Ragos walk out on the question of credits. Jai looked, this time not hiding the Concord Dawn accent like he'd been doing. If this guy was smart he'd know that most likely meant Mandalorian of some kind, and given how... varied that could be. Then again it didn't make you invincible either. Reputation was a lot, but it was maybe 50/50 at best if this would work.

"I will be taking me and my be'burc'ya (friend's) credits before going, and maybe give this man something." It was the first time he actually spoke Mando'a in years, going to grab the credits. If they tired anything he'd whistle for Teilden to attack the blaster wielding guards and run out. If not, he'd look at the Zabrak, tossing him some credits with a nod before heading out, the Loth-bat in tow. He looked, either in trouble or not to see Ragos chasing someone. He'd whistle, calling his pet to follow ahead as he ducked through an alley, pulling one of his Rims as he hoped to find somewhere to intercept whoever Ragos was chasing.

Back in the room

The armed guards each took a menacing step toward Jay before their boss told them to stop.

"Let him go." The bald man said to the guards before turning his attention directly to Jay "buddy you got no clue who you're karkin with on this but you're gonna find out, I promise you that and I promise you're not gonna like it. You and your friend have a nice time while you still can, huh? Get the kark out of here."

—————————————————————

Out in the alley.

Chit, I'm never gonna catch this mutha sucka. Ragos thought.

He was putting everything he had into catching this sucka. Everything and more as he was even tapping into his pelatoan, his jungle sense, the thing that most sentients called The Force. It filled him with new resolve, gave strength to his legs and sped to his feet, the only problem was that all Korunai could use this power even if they were not as talented with it as your run of the mill Jedi Padawaan most Korunai kids still managed to figure out how use it to bolster physical traits, especially those where running fast meant the difference between being free or being locked up or worse, life and death.

Frustrated and panicking Ragos stretched a hand out and felt The Force flow even stronger through him as the twin he was chasing was flung forward eating chit as he skidded across the alleyway stopping right in front of Jay who had managed to cut them off somehow.

"Yo, what the feth man?" Ragos asked, taking big ragged breaths. The guy he had been chasing tried to stand up and Ragos kicked him hard in the ribs.

The other twin had finally made his way round to find them and shouted something when he saw Ragos and Jay standing over his brother. The man went to pull the blaster from his waistband but came up short when he saw Jay already had a weapon in hand.

"Chit, Ghost chill!" He yelled. "That shit was all G'mz' idea I fething swear man. He said to hit them runners and he had us try to throw you off the chit."

Ragos could barely understand what the kark was being said to him right now. One of his own people was movin behind his back? Was going against direct orders? Was putting Ragos' life on the line for fething what? For credits?

"Where is he?" Ragos demanded, stepping over the downed twin to get in the face of his brother. Dude handed over the location and Ragos hot that mutha sucka so hard he knew dude's jaw was broke. He fell in a heap and Ragos stepped over his limp body.

"C'mon man." Rag said to Jay. "Let's finish this chit."

The address they got had led them to a warehouse district and what appeared to be an empty warehouse. There was a guard at the door but dude was Korunai and dressed in green. As soon as Ragos let him know who he was Rag and Jay were let right in. Right into a scene he was not prepared for.

The place had seemed empty from the outside but that was far from the truth. There was fifty mutha suckas in there at least, drinking, yelling, smoking, and cheering. There was cages of something scattered around as well but Ragos couldn't tell what was in them yet.

Guttural growls, howls, yelps of pain and the cries of death were coming from the center of the crowd who were revealing in the violence and barbarism as two large akkdogs ripped at each other.

"Where the kark is G'mz." Ragos asked a Killa Korunai that happened to be walking by. Man's pointed toward a set of offices.

Ragos turned to Jay. "Yo man. This chit has got ta stop." Ragos was of course referring to the dog fights. "I don't give a chit what you gotta do, get these mutha suckas outta here. Try not to kill any Korunai dudes though…unless they give you no choice. Everyone else is fair fething game though. These animals don't deserve this chit."

Ragos let out a long sigh and pulled a blaster from the back of his waistband, checked the charge and stuffed it down the front of his pants.

"Ima go talk with G'mz. Don't get yo self killer either, I don't need no more visits from yo friends."

Ragos headed off toward the offices hoping Jay could get this place cleared out without too much trouble.

Jai looked at the man, cybernetic eyes glowing blue as usual.

"Well.... Can't wait to see you try." The way he said it, the words conveyed one message. Jai was being nice right now. "If anyone besides this guy ever needs something.... Something tells me you'll have your ways." He'd then take his leave, and head out to help Ragos, ending right in front on a falling man, one of the twins that had lead them to the game in the first place. When the other went to draw his blaster, quickly pointing the revolver his way to make him think twice. And now they had information.

"You two may wanna avoid those games from now on too." Once they were out of earshot, Jai looked at Ragos and handed him his credits. "Didn't say anything about those two, but the man's a karker. May as well tell'em to steer clear." He decided he would maybe give the message about what the interaction was later, but if Ragos asked he'd explain, leaving out the whole swapping his accent part. Didn't matter too much he hoped. And soon they'd have something else to worry about.

He looked at the warehouse, not too surprised as they walked in. He was a bounty hunter after all. Seedy places were kind of in his wheel house. Ragos told him everyone needed to be cleared out if he could. Fun.... Well at least he had a place to start. He was never one to like beast fighting pits like this. So he had the loth-bat fly to the roof as he looked at the at everything going on.

"This looks like a waste of good akk dogs if you ask me!" He looked and almost did hesitate as he jumped in, up to his old tricks for dealing with problem cases. Stay calm, keep palms up, stay vigilant. "You know these guys are Force Sensitive by nature. Jedi use to use them a lot. Smart.... Probably smart enough to figure out someone's willing to actually take care of them, so I'd suggest you get out. And I'm not even the biggest reason." He wasn't going to give away too much. Just enough to make sure it was the nudge he needed. He'd give a slight nod to one of the Korunai, hoping they got the point that something was going down, and that this was a very clean hands way of getting people to clear out.

Before arriving at the warehouse:

"Didn't say anything about those two, but the man's a karker. May as well tell'em to steer clear." Jay told Ragos as they left the twins behind.

"Kark them." Ragos said in regards to the twins. Ragos had no time for fething traitors.

"You know these guys are Force Sensitive by nature. Jedi use to use them a lot. Smart.... Probably smart enough to figure out someone's willing to actually take care of them, so I'd suggest you get out. And I'm not even the biggest reason." Jay said to the gathered crowd.

"Kark the Jedi and Kark you!" Someone shouted at the bounty hunter.

"Get out of the way!" Someone else yelled.

The Korunai that Jay nodded at got a confused look on his face and sort of looked around to see if maybe Jay had been trying to talk to someone else. It was then that he caught sight of Ragos heading into the back offices and he knew some chit was up. This particular Killa Korunai had come to Coruscant from Nar Shaddaa and recognized Ragos right away and knew there was a reason Ragos had never been to these fights in the past. He nudged one of his homies and leaned over to whisper something.

It was after that about five or six Korunai dudes collected their credits and got up to leave but that was only a small portion of the gathered crowd who were getting more impatient with Jay by the moment.

"Someone kick his ass!" Another voice yelled supported by many cheers after the suggestion.

The door to the office hit the wall with a slam as Ragos walked in to confront G'mz. He was happy to see the look of surprise on the other gangsta's face but it only lasted a brief second before being replaced with the smile of a snake.

"Ghost, what you doing here OG?" G'mz asked like this meeting was an unexpected joy.

"We got chit to work out homie." Ragos told him.

"Man, I'd love to but I was just bout to leave. Grind never stops." G'mz said with a friendly chuckle.

"Nah homie, this chit gets settled now." Ragos word was hard as duracrete.

"Chit man if it's that important." G'mz said with a shrug sitting back in his chair. "Let's rap."

The man tried to keep his tone genial but Ragos didn't miss the edge in it. G'mz was not happy with someone walking into his spot and dictating the terms of anything.

"What's up with this place man? Akk fights?" Ragos questioned.

"You got no idea, homie. This chit is like printing credits. We charge for them to use the building and charge a house fee on all bets, the spice moves pretty fething good on fight days too." G'mz said proudly.

"What the kark, G'mz?" Ragos asked

"Man, you gotta be more specific." G'mz replied.

"Feth you doing sending me to that card game?" Ragos asked.

"Dead end?" G'mz asked with a hint of surprise.

"Mutha sucka it's been you jacking them runs!" Ragos shouted.

The look on G'mz's face was equal parts of incredulity, annoyance, and indignance.

"Chit Ghost what you want me to say?"

"I told ya'll not to touch those runs. I made that chit clear, homie." Ragos said having a finger toward G'mz.

"Who the frak are you to tell me where to make credits, mutha sucka!" G'mz said exploding out of his chair.

"Kark did you just say to me?" Ragos voice was low but there was no mistaking the venom.

"Frak you homie." G'mz stepped around the desk so that now there was nothing between him and Ragos. "We sell yo chit on the level and kick you back the credits but you don't run thirteen-thirteen, I do mutha sucka. Yeah we rock yo flag, chit it was easier to put the colors on than go to war wit y'all but before Two-K ever crawled out of the slums of the slug moon, Thirteen-Thirteen crew was here and it's one-three one-theee over everything else and I'll be gods damned before I watch you snake into my level and tell me how to eat."

"That's how it is huh?" Ragos asked sharply.

"Got damn right. Chit, homie what you think D gone think about his top soldier coming down on his own to protect the interest of a nother crew?"

Wham!

Ragos buried his fist into G'mz's cheek knocking him into the desk. G'mz turned around to fight back but it was two late. The muzzle of Ragos' blaster flashed twice and the head of a major crew in his operation lay dead.

There was no other choice. Mutha sucka, was undermining Ragos authority, acting on his own, stealing from people Ragos promised to leave whole, and worst of all that mutha sucka thought he could eat with Ragos getting his slice.

And now what?

Fething war probably. Ragos is trying to prove to Marcella and her people that he should be the fething king of the undercity and now he was on the verge of war in his own fething crew.

Hopefully Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred was having more success.

Jay smirked a bit, giving both akk a pat before turning back. He flexed his fingers a bit, turning back and letting the glow of his cybernetic eyes peek from his hood. They seemed itching for a fight, eh?

"You want a fight? You should really think about it some more." Once they'd try anything, the bounty hunter would give a whistle, and the Loth-Bat would drop, finding his own target and hitting at top speed. He was about to show one thing. He'd grown up as a Gred. A clan known for it's CQC. Thee jerks would about to learn this the hard way as Jai would quickly vault the first to really try and push him straight into a nearby barrier, taking the goon's own momentum and turning it against him. He then looked at the akk dogs, tapping them a bit as a signal to open up and go on the attack with these guys. If blasters or blades came out, Jay would be ready with his own revolvers.

Most of the crowd had come to watch fights not get into one so when the violence started getting out of hand nearly everyone cleared out of the warehouse. Blaster shots were heard from the office area and they got everyone moving even faster, no one wanting to get caught in a building full of illegal fights with unregistered Akk dogs and now blaster fire.

Ragos had reached Jay just in time to see him and his bat take out a couple of idiots. Ragos hopped into the ring with Jay. The Akk dogs turned and bared their fangs, low growls in their throats as Ragos walked toward them–slowly.

Ragos reached out a hand and laid it gently on one of the akk dogs, ignoring the warning snap of its jaws. Ragos reached into The Force found the sharp-edged presence of the akk and spoke to it through the mystic energies. The beast snapped one more time and then with out warning dropped to the ground and rolled over exposing its tummy, tongue lolling out of the side of its mouth. Ragos bent down and rubbed the creature's stomach lovingly. The other akk nudged him expectantly and Ragos found his hands full of akk dogs.

After paying some love to the creatures Ragos stood up and threw a duffle bag at Jay’s feet.

“Yo man, that’s all the chit you were owed and a bit more. We cool?” He asked the hunter. Ragos didnt feel like explaining that he had just killed one of his own guys to get Jay these credits. He wasn't going to share that now he couldn't show his face in half the under city without worrying about getting offed. No, he was just gonna hand this sucka his creds and hope chit was done.

Hoping Jay said yes Ragos would add:

“I can’t take both these akk dogs, man. You want one of them?”

Jay panted a bit, watching everyone scram as Ragos tossed a bag at his feet. It was the credits he needed. A few different vision modes flew through Jai's vision before he looked up and gave the man a nod.

"Yeah. We're cool. Handled yourself pretty well too." He would throw the strap over his shoulder, then looked down at the Akk dog. He smiled a bit, knelling down to pet the little guy before looking back to Ragos. "I'll take good care of her. Oh! And if you ever need a bit of help in the future, don't be scared to see if I'm close enough to lend a hand." He then started to walk a bit further grabbing some of the last things he needed to grab before starting to walk off and contact Marcus about the mission. Hopefully next time would be less hectic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom