Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Mirialan Zodou Shade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot%202016-01-10%20at%202.35.02%20PM_zpsi6jbqkbp.png

Image Source: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/8/8b/Luminara's_Remains.png/revision/latest?cb=20141028023956

Name: Mirialan Zodou Shade (Zombified Sacrificed Mirialans)
Designation: Semi-Sentient
Homeworld: Mirial
Language: Mirialan, others
Average height of adults: 1.7 meters
Skin color: Shades of Green
Hair color: Usually black
Breathes: N/a, Irrelevant
Strengths:
  • Lifeless: The sacrificed remains of Mirialans following the Genocide of Mirial at the hands of the Witch Elder, Warlord Zambrano the Hutt, have been reanimated through an obscure blood magick utilized by the atrocious twisted commander of the dark side. Although no more durable than a rotting corpse, they at the very least are not afflicted by the same mortal weaknesses, most notably organ damage, toxicity, poisons, the need to breathe or have flowing blood.
  • "Sentient": Unlike most forms of zombification, these unnatural beings have actually retained their individual memories and desires... they have however, merely a "Shade" of their former selves. Their thoughts being overridden and twisted to have faith in Balagoth, and his great speaker, the Black Prophet. They shall take the word spoken through the Artifact as the word of Balagoth, and heed it until they are destroyed. However, they can only be controlled through the Artifact, so attempting to persuade them directly is a useless gesture. Whenever not commanded, they sit or stand aimlessly, wallowing in their own despair of death.
Weaknesses:
  • Weak Magick Boundary: Although the magick that bound them into reanimated beings was far reaching (global, for that matter), the individual animating boundaries over each shade is weak enough that if they are moderately dismembered they will de-animate. The boundary also, is not transferable to other bodies, and is specific to an individual shade, without which it would not exist in the first place.
  • Soft: There really is no getting around the fact that these are walking rotting corpses... these Shades are easily dismembered and broken by conventional means, with no unique physical defenses.
  • Unconscious: Although they are sentient enough to retell old memories of when they are alive, and re-enact actions they once accomplished before being sacrificed... these beings cannot learn, and do not remember anything in their new existence other than a task they were given to complete. Say for instance, that there is an intruder in a stronghold. If not specifically commanded to do so, they will not remember any being entering the stronghold, and will not raise any alarms. It is as if these beings sleep-walk through their new existence.
Distinctions: Green, malformed, rotting, and bearing the fatal wounds they had died to forced together by magick.
Average Lifespan: Undefined, will likely decay enough to be considered dead again within a decade or two.
Races: N/a
Estimated Population: Replacing an extremely major portion of all Mirialans present on Mirial (on order of millions to billions).
Diet: No dietary intake.
Communication: Spoken, or through the Artifact telepathically.
Culture: The former Mirialan culture they had originated from before being sacrificed to Balagoth, and changed into these shades. The only "culture" they posses now, is to follow the word of Balagoth as dictated by the Black Prophet through the Artifact.
Technology level: None, however they can interact with any technology they previously knew how to handle prior to death.
General behavior: These beings wander aimlessly without direction, to wallow in their own new existence in relative sorrow. When given a task, their behavior is hyper-focused to the point nothing disrupts their work until they are physically or otherwise magickally destroyed. They can communicate with other living beings through their old tongues, can even tell them of their old life story, but cannot recollect any event after their death beyond the shared vision of Balagoth. If asked what task they had previously accomplished only minutes ago, they will remain silent, having no answer to provide. If asked what life had been like in their home village before the Genocide, they could give a full in depth explanation of even the most minor details they could recollect in life of each attackers face. Give them any date from when they were alive, and they shall tell of everything they remember from when they woke up to sleeping in that day.
History: The origin of the Zodou Shades begins with the infamous Genocide of Mirial, following the Razing of Dantooine within Primeval space. These two separate massacres being the matches for a heated and dangerous Civil War between the bloody regime of the growing "Court of Balagoth", and everyone else in the Primeval. Orchestrated by the Black Prophet, a Cathedral of Flesh had been formed upon the surface of the ice deserts of Mirial, and a calling in the force had summoned numerous blood thirsty individuals to the planet. Primeval soldiers previously stationed on the Chiloon Rift who felt there was no escape from the will of the serpentine Hutt had descended down upon the planet with the other bloody marauders.

The Warlord Zambrano had commanded the resident Warlord of Mirial to gather the relatively primitive citizens of the planet into their villages and camps, most likely through some mental manipulation or just pure palpable fear of the infamous being. Then holes opened up in the earth, allowing the pack of murderers under the cover of the Waters of Life, and armed with the Fangs of Balagoth, slayed the population, adding their blood into a deep bloody Cauldron of sacrificial darkside magick.

Although many Mirialan died that day, a few noble heroes had entered the system in time to rescue a great number of the helpless cattle. For all those not saved... their fate was sealed to whatever atrocity had formed in the Cauldron, their blood binding them to its magickal field of influence across the planet, the Cathedral of Flesh acting as a transmitting beacon from the unholy ritual.

That is when the lifeless corpses rose, each given a vision of Zambrano the Hutt's foreseen afterlife... the image of Balagoth ingrained into their minds, and directing their new purpose from beyond the Unseen Rift...

Notable Player-Characters: N/a
Intent: To create an undead workforce for the Court of Balagoth, a sub-faction within the Primeval at war with the Old Guard.

[member="Zambrano the Hutt"]

Okay so after reading it over twice, a few things jump out at me
  • How is sentience achieved after death? Going through the wiki, I can see examples of zombies learning how to use technology, but nothing like true sentience, so I would like to see that part expanded on
  • The weakness listed are almost exactly the same, I would like to see something else added or one of them changed to another weakness
  • The sub doesn't mention this, but I would like a little clarity on if they can spread, i.e. if they kill someone, do they come back to life as well, or can their condition not be passed on and they can only be brought back by a reanimation spell?

[member="Taeli Raaf"]
  • As a means of distinguishing these zombies from every other brand, I intended for these to be "sentient" in the manner that they retained their identity... albeit altered to suit Zambrano's needs. They have the capacity to remember their previous life, and to accomplish tasks they would have been able to accomplish in life, but they are still not exactly free thinking. They require the command of the Artifact to be given purpose... otherwise, as described, they wander in their own emotions. How is this achieved specifically? Merely Zambrano's unique brand of magick... it affects the blood of the beings, and not necessarily the beings as a whole... so what can be perceived of a Shade's identity is more like an echo, a reflection of its former self produced by the spell reading the neural pathways that used to operate. I also thought for story purposes, it would be incredibly interesting to see a surviving Mirialan encounter a zombified relative, and speak to them, attempting to figure out what happened to them (I've been pondering on creating a Mirialan for this sole purpose, of being a Genocide survivor trying to save her family).
  • I'll see what I can do. I had merely worded them as such so as to make sure a reader knew that a) they were not durable, and b) will not "crawl" to them if their legs get blown off because the animation will drop.
  • No, they have no disease transformation abilities... they are merely the reanimated dead.

• As they don't have free will to do what they want without being commanded by your artifact, I'm going to ask they put down to semi-sentient then and to have it more clearly defined in the sub about they retained what sentience they do have. It just needs some clarification is all for people :)
  • When you come up with another weakness, let me know
  • And just needed to make sure about the transference

[member="Taeli Raaf"] I believe that should settle things. I've added a new weakness detailing their unconscious nature and their inability to learn. I've clarified their semi-sentience, and have specifically mentioned their inability to "spread" the reanimation.

So tentatively putting this as pending approval, make sure not to have these stray too far from their designated roles or change suddenly :)

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom