The Old Boar
Hey y'all.
I love this faction. For two years when I was on an extended hiatus from Chaos, I spent my time writing short stories about the Enclave (this faction's predecessor) just because of the affection I have for this continuum of stories. I remember when I first came back on Discord after an extended hiatus, and I was greeted by all of my friends, and they showed me all the hard work being put into the Iron Covenant. The rich narrative and storytelling progression from the days of the Enclave through now - a legacy of nearly 6 years - and we had a grand old time preparing for something new. I recently came across notes from March 15th, dating back to around the time we were applying for major status.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZmXZnI19teB1bKpr2zgOFxrwUFJruNquxNCw9XwtVmQ/edit?tab=t.0
The harsh reality is, we are unwelcome. We are all aware of this. The board has changed, and we are not liked by the clique that dominates the space. From setting out we have been villainized and ostracized. The toll on our writers has been extreme, and I don't know how many at this point have left Chaos altogether. Now, when I look at our server, I am reminded of everyone we've lost. Chaos has slowly ceased to be a hobby and an escape, and I honestly can no longer endorse the community nor justify my own involvement in it. I believe I more or less echo the sentiments of all the writers in this faction, or the majority of them.
Now, I want to be clear: for the SWRP Admin team, I do have respect for their effort to moderate and to create a positive environment. And for the general members of the community, if it don't apply, then let it fly. Generally, to whoever reads this, I'm sure you'll know where you fall.
When you have to report an RPJ for churning out AI-slop articles to denigrate and insult your faction, maybe this is no longer a healthy place to be. When you have to endure continuous rage-baiting, it is no longer enjoyable. When you have to deal with coordinated hostility, vitriol, and targeted harassment just for trying to tell a Star Wars story, it ceases to be a hobby. I wanted to leave with one last hurrah by means of our invasion, but it rather served as the hard wake-up call that we need to step away from this board entirely. I believe we would rather walk away clean and focus our energy on positive, collaborative writing elsewhere than stay chained to a toxic dynamic. I also believe that as the current MFO, it is my responsibility to be the best steward of all those who remain in this faction, and I believe this is the best for all of us.
I am initiating a vote to go minor. All active members of the faction may comment below whether they wish to go minor or remain major, and their reasons for doing so. After a 24-hour voting period has concluded, I will tag the head admin with the majority decision. To be clear, my vote and endorsement are that we go minor.
Love y'all!
I love this faction. For two years when I was on an extended hiatus from Chaos, I spent my time writing short stories about the Enclave (this faction's predecessor) just because of the affection I have for this continuum of stories. I remember when I first came back on Discord after an extended hiatus, and I was greeted by all of my friends, and they showed me all the hard work being put into the Iron Covenant. The rich narrative and storytelling progression from the days of the Enclave through now - a legacy of nearly 6 years - and we had a grand old time preparing for something new. I recently came across notes from March 15th, dating back to around the time we were applying for major status.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZmXZnI19teB1bKpr2zgOFxrwUFJruNquxNCw9XwtVmQ/edit?tab=t.0
The harsh reality is, we are unwelcome. We are all aware of this. The board has changed, and we are not liked by the clique that dominates the space. From setting out we have been villainized and ostracized. The toll on our writers has been extreme, and I don't know how many at this point have left Chaos altogether. Now, when I look at our server, I am reminded of everyone we've lost. Chaos has slowly ceased to be a hobby and an escape, and I honestly can no longer endorse the community nor justify my own involvement in it. I believe I more or less echo the sentiments of all the writers in this faction, or the majority of them.
Now, I want to be clear: for the SWRP Admin team, I do have respect for their effort to moderate and to create a positive environment. And for the general members of the community, if it don't apply, then let it fly. Generally, to whoever reads this, I'm sure you'll know where you fall.
When you have to report an RPJ for churning out AI-slop articles to denigrate and insult your faction, maybe this is no longer a healthy place to be. When you have to endure continuous rage-baiting, it is no longer enjoyable. When you have to deal with coordinated hostility, vitriol, and targeted harassment just for trying to tell a Star Wars story, it ceases to be a hobby. I wanted to leave with one last hurrah by means of our invasion, but it rather served as the hard wake-up call that we need to step away from this board entirely. I believe we would rather walk away clean and focus our energy on positive, collaborative writing elsewhere than stay chained to a toxic dynamic. I also believe that as the current MFO, it is my responsibility to be the best steward of all those who remain in this faction, and I believe this is the best for all of us.
2. A Major Faction Owner intending to go Minor is required to hold a majority decision vote with their Faction. If the vote is successful, the Major Faction is subject to the rules for Major Faction Recalls.
I am initiating a vote to go minor. All active members of the faction may comment below whether they wish to go minor or remain major, and their reasons for doing so. After a 24-hour voting period has concluded, I will tag the head admin with the majority decision. To be clear, my vote and endorsement are that we go minor.
Love y'all!
Last edited: