Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor Factions and Large Ships

OK, I might be suggesting this simply because it's something I want to do, but isn't that what suggestions are supposed to be anyway?

I was very disappointed to learn that individuals could not own vessels of length over 400m, however this was quickly remedied when I created a minor faction page. No problem there.

I was then disappointed to learn that minor factions could/can not own vessels over 1 kilometer. I was wanting one such vessel but alas I would have to align myself witch a major faction which wouldn't fit the flow of my character. So, I would like to get feedback and see if some other staff and members would support the following rule:

Minor Factions are allowed as many ships from lengths 400m-1,000m (that's currently a rule) and are now allowed 1 ship of length 1-3 kilometers.

Some of you may think, ''Woah, this is going to screw up factions. Does this guy want Chaos to collapse or something? TRAITOR!''

I don't, and here are several reason why this rule wouldn't break the factions system, but rather would help it.

1. The minimum requirements for getting ships of specified lengths still is in place. That 3,000 meter ship can't be gotten by just one writer, three people need to help him or her get it.

2. Credits, sure you can bull crap some credits into existence, but not enough to buy a warship. Writers will have to work for these credits. This prevents the new guy with 10 posts from buying the replica of Grevious' Invisible Hand.

3. Minor factions can now compete with major factions. If a minor works hard enough, it could compete with a major faction that is way above it's head. Sure, some of the ships <1km are powerful, but allowing minor factions one huge ships lets them compete in skirmishes and battles with major factions.

4. Individuals still can't own huge ships. No one person owns this ship, this prevents someone from going ham and doing something unrealistic.

5. Crew. Sure, you own the ship but now you need to get a crew. There are several RP steps that are/could be implemented (finding crew, credits, provisions, post counts, other writers ect) to prohibit every minor faction and their grandma from getting a huge ship. This makes actually getting the ship more rewarding.

Please be brutally honest, don't dance around and try to be nice if you don't like the idea. If you have a variation of this rule that you think might be better, slap it in the comment.

Tagging the man, the myth, the legend [member="Tefka"]

[member="KeCholo"]

When part of a faction, you can "own" a ship over 1km via "commanding with permission from the faction"

And you could make an organization in the faction area, but it not being an actual faction to do this solo-like.

You also have different rules when you have both a company and a faction. If I have a max tier company and a minor faction, I could most likely take on major factions toe to toe, seriously.

The reason why a faction/company is "needed" is realistic. At a minimum, there's usually thousands of crew members on a km ship, then there is also super mega overload maintenance cost, and those things are proof on managing a ship of such size

Edit: Factions show some economy and reasons for individuals following a cause, why they would ever take orders from you

[member="KeCholo"]

Ah this is my territory. Galvin is actually pretty spot on with what I was going to say. An individual by himself cannot man/maintenance a ship that is utterly large. The help of a minor faction allows the character more resources to manage the ship and then the help of a major faction continues to raise the ability to maintain a ship.

Its unfathomable for a character to fly around and man by himself something the size of a flagship.

As for now the system that has been in place for ships has worked while Chaos has been in existence and will not be changing in the near future.

Just for reference everyone: [member="Adzatsmam"]
Solo owner of the Sith Purebloods "Shahku Tribe"
Commands strongly a ship over 400m, has a very small fleet, and has become rich enough to start creating a solo fleet with no major faction support.

All through long threads, some solo, some with friends. Only reason to have things like ships built from others because IC reasons. I could easily have my faction seem stuck inside a ship, and because I have a faction, I have proof of income to build a ship by any means; i.e. A loophole, but I got support because IC purposes because I felt strong about seeking someone to build it for me because I had no shipyards. Even when the ship that was started with I chose for the tribe to start with came into view, IC purposes I made it heavily damaged, weak, crippled, barely able to fend off a single fighter from the Old Republic era.

Edit
[member="Spencer Varanin"] wise words of the mistress "have fun, roleplay"

[member="KeCholo"]

Make a gofundme kecholo organization. It can be like "insert cause here" group ("faction") and magic, you can have a 1km ship. It's rare for me to struggle with a 1km+ ship because lazy and dun wanna devvit

[member="KeCholo"]

I find it completely game breaking and massively unfathomable for any individual of little renown and economy to maintain a 3km ship without major faction support. Maybe, MAYBE, I would find it believable with a max tier company with a few subsidiaries and/or ownership of more than one company

But that's just me. I play realistically.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
I can see sense in this especially with the new rebellion system in place. I think maybe that minor fractions that are well astablished with a tier 4+ company backing them and has 20 active members should be aloud to at least openly be aloud ships of 2,000m

If the minor fraction has two tier 4+ companies and 35 active members it should be aloud to have ships of 2,500m but that would be the limit.

Or simply tier up your company to max 6 level and use those stats for a civilian or combat ship within the allotted fleet limit.

The current rule-set works well with minors and companies. Even Danger, with everything that she has, has to have some limits.

I think it works out fine.

Joining a major faction doesnt always mean you are apart of that faction wholly. Association is good enough, which would be a good reason to join them. I believe this is the idea the best fits what [member="Tefka"] is saying. I.E. I'm not a bit One Sith character, but Im associated with them because I am with the Sith Assassins.

That about right Tef?

[member="Julian Viles Priest"]

Major Faction Crews, Upkeeps, Maintains, Refuels, Rearms, and runs the Ship. You just captain it so long as they will allow, perhaps using your own command staff. But at the end of the day, its their ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom