Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mine For the Taking (First Order Phrik Run - Sekalus)

Klaxons droned and flashes of red came from the holodisplay and the sensor sections of the bridge.

"Status report!" Ovmar barked, annoyed but calm at the warning tones.

"Hyperspace signals detected," came one of the sensor technicians. "Too far out to properly scan, but confirmed reversion to realspace within the system. Counting three, possibly five signals. They're on top of each other so the signals are overlapping."

"How large are the signals? Could they be civilian or merchant ships with bad timing?"

"The signals are larger than starfighters and similar craft, but the data shows they aren't Star Destroyer in size. Based on the data, estimation is cruisers at the largest."

"Understood. They're too far out to affect the battle, we'll ignore-" Ovmar wasn't able to finish her statement before another klaxon roared to life.

"Starfighter wave incoming," called one of the technicians. "Trajectory plotted. Uploading to display."

Like a swarm of angry red flies, the display came to life with the numbers of contacts. The cloud was far enough out that she knew it wasn't as much of a threat, but it still needed dealing with.

"Sensors, upload precise coordinates of hyperspace signals and packet the information. Gunnery, swap the Point Defense Missile Systems to Homing ammunition, begin targeting those fighters the moment they're in range. They're far enough out that you should get a few pot-shots before things get hairy. Maintain shield levels, continue firing on the ring."

As she spoke, a ball of fire erupted from the ring and the data stream on her display fluctuated. Whether it was a critical hit and the power in that section had been cut off or if it was just a substantial strike against the shields and she was seeing the energy drop and spike from the damage, she didn't know. She just knew she had to keep hitting it.

"Comms, get a Priority One encryption line to the following coordinates," she rattled off a series of numbers and waited until the comm officer nodded. "Alright, attach the packeted information to the encryption. Start transmission."

She waited until she got the thumbs up and looked at the holocamera.

"Blackfoot Nova Four Four. Priority Eight One Three. Authorization: Screwdriver."

She gestured for the comm officer to end transmission and turned to look at her display.

The time for games was over. Now it was time to win.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"] [member="Arthan Corvax"] [member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Eliza Raxis"] [member="Abigail Selonna"] [member="Darth Pikiran"] [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] [member="Galven Solomon"] [member="Callisto Scarlett"] [member="Kriel Firin"] [member="Alven Baobab"] [member="T'yr Dellos"]

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Ooc I'm still waiting on a post so I'll do a mini one for the ring.

[member="Darth Pikiran"] Ξ [member="Evangeline Ovmar"] Ξ [member="Galven Solomon"] Ξ [member="Boo Chiyo"] Ξ [member="Arthan Corvax"]

The turret fire remained plastering Consoldator-class carrier smashing against it's side. Asuna had been watching on the many cameras that the other ships had joined the fray of the fightand more appeared. With most of them targeting the gladiator class the shields must have been diverted to the rear to handle that much heat. She typed away at the commands shifting the turret fire to pummel the large ships front. In sections she had the turrets to focus on their weapon systems at the front side to cause as much damage as possible. It was almost time to unleashed the frigates with the assault boarding pods tucked inside.

Shield integrity
██████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒

Ring integrity
████████████████████

Current ring target Consolidator-class Carrier (Evangeline Ovmar)

( - bar of health | - bar half damaged | - bar of lost health)

As the medium-sized squad of stormtroopers marched towards the other side of the mine, Arthan knew that they were all walking into impending doom. He had sensed a powerful force user, and had felt a large mechanical entity drop nearby, which mean a walker had been called in. He had already devised a plan to get the walker out of the way, but the force user would be the main problem, a problem that he would have to deal with, for it was his destiny.

The squad had reached the end of the mine, with a natural smokescreen keeping them from the sight of the enemy, but that wouldn't be for long. Since he was force sensitive he could see somewhat through all of it. What he saw was one of the strangest sights he had ever seen. There was a Jedi, a droid, and a massive walker. Behind the Jedi and droid was the ship that had destroy their ship, it wasn't a threat now, but he'd need to destroy that to keep their enemies from escaping once he was done with them.

Arthan put his plan into motion, He harnessed the unbridled power of the Force and crushed half the legs of the walker one by one, causing it topple onto it's side, he then picked up some of the large mining equipment that was left lying around and threw it onto the walker, pinning it down to the ground. Arthan stumbled to his knees and began panting, that had really taken it out of him, The stormtroopers he had moved forward infront of him and scanned the area.

[member="Evangeline Ovmar"] [member="Eliza Raxis"] [member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Kriel Firin"] [member="Callisto Scarlett"] [member="Galven Solomon"] [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] [member="Darth Pikiran"] [member="Abigail Selonna"] [member="General Beyyr"] [member="Sanya Val Swift"] [member="T'yr Dellos"]

[member="Abigail Selonna"] | [member="Sanya Val Swift"] | [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] | [member="Darth Pikiran"]
[member="Callisto Scarlett"] | [member="Kriel Firin"] | [member="Arthan Corvax"] | [member="Boo Chiyo"] | [member="Evangeline Ovmar"]

For the most part Galvin and his ship were just hugging this Dreadnoughts engines, which could practically swallow it. But in fact, the enemy wasn't targeting him at all. Indeed, they seem utterly distracted by the defense ring, and the only change in enemy formations were that they llaunched their fighters. "Sir," the bridge officer spoke, "The walker on the ground has been taken out, our ISP's were too late... But either the enemy is absolutely confused what to fo next, or they are solely focused on the defense ring. Most of our cruisers are hyperjumping out now."

The ships were able to load up the scrambling civilians since they had all ran to the spaceport, and the cruisers were giving free seats for all. The last remaining cruisers that weren't protectibg the reteat location were landing to pick up as many more that they could. But they were only evacuating in that area, anyone else would unfortunately, most likely, be left behind.

"Their arrogance let them lose again men, rejoice! We have saved everyone on the planet! Mission well done, now let's cover the escape while we can."

The men that weren't filling a duty station applauded and cheered as they heard the good news, another victory, and hopefully survive to fight another day.

"Raise the ship, stay behind them, but I want to give them a light show. Launch the fighters, all weapons target their bridge."

"Open comms to the allied ships... Attention allies, thank you for what you've done to help this cause today. I will be covering the retreat of the remaining cruisers and evacuation. You no longer need to stay, but if you'd like, I thank you. I am preparing final evacuation protocols, the old Imperial ways haven't left the First Order, so while thry may get the mines, we saved the people!"

"I need a heavily encrypted channel sent to [member="Sanya Val Swift"], open it up! Attention Sanya, I advise you to do what you can prepare for evacuation; leave or board one of my ships. The combined firepower of my allies and I is not enough to meet this behemoth. Your people are saved, survive and lead them again. I will help with the rebuilding, here's to hoping to see you again. Channel out."

Galvin was saddened that he could not protect the planet, but this was all he could do for the time being, and he was going to make the best of it. "Order the men that took cover at the walker to fall back, order the retreat, but protect any civilians still coming. Remember, these people have families just like yours, and you'd want someone to do the same for yours!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom