Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Million Dollar Question: can my computer run Overwatch?

Ok, so I really want to get Overwatch. I just don't know if my computer can run it.

To you Overwatch players out there: how heavy of a game is it? I checked my system requirments, and I think I should be good to go. However, my CPU is on neither the supported nor unsupported card lists. Everything else checks out though.

My computer can run League, TF2, SWTOR, and stuff like that perfectly fine. However I literally get 3 FPS on Dark Souls 3.

Can some of you smart computer people help me please?

Yeah, you should be fine. Its a bit of a heavy game, but you should be ok if you can run those other games without too many problems. Don't know why you have a problem with DS3 though.

[member="The Gray Assassin"]

If you can run those games, you can run Overwatch most likely.

What the heck CPU are you running that its not on their supported lists?! There's only like...2 CPU manufacturers.

Dark Souls 3 might be a GPU/Ram issue, FROM's games are notoriously poorly optimized on their code-base, and while I've not experienced any issues with my 3+ year old Core i5 and/or GTX760 I suppose there could be problems?

Games like WoW/Overwatch etc that are frequently querying a central server as to what they ought to be rendering are a little more CPU intensive than other games, so...I'd say give it a shot, but just about anything should be able to run Overwatch, if you turn it down low enough.

Generally speaking, if there's any doubt in your mind that your computer can run it, the answer is probably no. I got a beastly new computer just for Overwatch, and I still had to upgrade its video card just to make the silly thing run with without looking like Minecraft melted in the dryer. It's a very intense game. Most older machines don't have the oomph for it.

I was going to give the link Sabrina provided, but I refuse to be sloppy seconds.

Fabula Caromed said:
Generally speaking, if there's any doubt in your mind that your computer can run it, the answer is probably no. I got a beastly new computer just for Overwatch, and I still had to upgrade its video card just to make the silly thing run with without looking like Minecraft melted in the dryer. It's a very intense game. Most older machines don't have the oomph for it.

I was going to give the link Sabrina provided, but I refuse to be sloppy seconds.
My computer is 8 years old and will run Overwatch according to the link Sabrina posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom