Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Intelligence (Or rather, lack thereof)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m61lf8Bl3G1rwunb2o1_400.gif

Glad you're enjoying the story everyone, but [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] is driving this with her superb writing.

I'm just the idiot who has now jeopardized her life and career, y'know, like all good spies do.

Well sign me up as well! I plan on using this character as a Senator who would hopefully one day sit on intelligence committees and such. Definitely not a field agent, but more a.....you guessed it......George Smiley!

[member="Mark Crassis"]: Sounds fantastic! Loved that movie and we'll need a character of just that sort of mettle to help run this outfit.

I'm working a personal thread right now that will culminate in a romantic relationship between Ali and another woman, but the story centers around a summit of members of the galactic intelligence community stemming from the Galactic Republic and her allies. It's been fun, and I would love to have Crassis involved in those sorts of things.

[member="Ric Ardellian"] | [member="Fixx Kearney"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Tomas Raynor"]

Ok, so I think regardless of how the Intelligence vote goes (it isn't looking good!) the GIA will in the very least be revamped to accommodate this new interest in intelligence work.

An idea that came to me recently is that we assign (i.e., ask for volunteers) for agents to take on specific spheres of influence, similar to how intelligence operatives might specialize in a specific geographical region. Obviously this wouldn't limit agents to that area, they would have more or less free range to work together and wander about, but in doing this it would open the way for people to reach out to characters from those regions and set up missions/operations.

EDIT: Part of the revamp should be a renaming.....Galactic Intelligence Agency.....its just terrible.....terrible..... :)

I thought Galactic Republic Intelligence Ministry was pretty good, and it gets an acronym: GRIM. My vote still goes for that!
But if I'm out-voted, I'm out-voted, lol

As for Mark's idea: I would support that 100%. How can we go about asking for volunteers? I'm clearly one of them, and don't particularly care for a specific area, though if it could include the Hapes Consortium, that would be my only request; I have an on-going story arc there that centers around Ali being an Intelligence operative.

[member="Mark Crassis"]: "Ok, so I think regardless of how the Intelligence vote goes (it isn't looking good!) the GIA will in the very least be revamped to accommodate this new interest in intelligence work."

What do you mean, the intelligence vote isn't looking good? Is there something I'm not tracking at the moment?

Okay, so there's discussion on this going on in another thread, right?

Revamp, invention, I see it as splitting hairs at this point. The goal is simple: Conduct intelligence operations throughout the Galaxy for good story writing with the GR's rivals.

[member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Fixx Kearney"]

Pretty much!

So my thoughts are summarized below. Let me know what you think (I take criticism very well!!!) :)

______________________________​

Here are my thoughts:

[member="Ali Hadrix"] and [member="Fixx Kearney"] are the two individuals most interested in intelligence work and who have shown the most initiative, so between the two of you, you could work up spheres of influence in which you would prefer to operate, with a certain amount of joint work as well.

Within your spheres of influence you could recruit assets (which would make for some fun RPing!) by say, turning enemy agents, developing connections and what not. We've already had one person state they were interested in being an asset (i.e., [member="Tomas Raynor"]).

As more people come forward who want to focus solely on intelligence work and are members of the Republic, more spheres can be drawn up. These agents could be drawn up in cells so that if one were to become discovered/infiltrated they wouldn't have knowledge of the other cells in order to compromise them.
______________________________​

I dunno who this Mark Crassis guy is, but someone needs to pin a medal on him.

Solid explanation of a concrete idea. I like it, and I'm all for it.

So...Fixx...you take left, I take right? LOL

Seriously though, I've already got a couple folks on radar I was going to work for recruitment. I'll scour some of the public OOC boards for people looking for a place. IC I'll just keep doin' what I'm doin', and as I pick up potential recruits, I'll solidify them in some IC stories as well.

Sound about right?

[member="Mark Crassis"] | [member="Fixx Kearney"]

[member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Fixx Kearney"]

Sounds great to me!

I'll reach out to the Prime Minister to see what the Senate will do as far as where the information should go. I know the the last I saw of the intelligence vote mentioned putting Faith in charge of re-configuring the GIA. Some sort of committee or director should be set up in order to have a centralized figure(s) in order for the intelligence reports to start flowing in and to play the role of an intermediary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom