Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Micro-Stories: Dreamreader Needed

It's been several years since I've stuck my head into the public forums of Chaos. My time for roleplaying is generally restricted and it is very difficult for me to keep up with factions or maintain longer/larger group threads. I'm looking for writers who would be interested in micro-stories.

What's a micro-story you ask?
  • A short thread with a goal. Ideally 20 posts. 40 at most. Total.
  • Shorter posts (not walls of text) that keep the story moving and unfolding. There is beauty in brevity. Embrace it, I beg you.
  • Generally focused on getting to the action/conflict/dialogue that's at the heart of the thread and throwing superfluous stuff to the wind.
  • Great for building character interaction, relationships, and reputation.
  • Helps dislodge the idea that threads aren't valuable or important if they aren't 20 pages long.
  • Allows me to meet a much larger range of writers on Chaos that I normally wouldn't if I was constantly allocating my time here for long threads.

I intend to do a series of micro-stories that will get the engine of Loxa's new character arc humming.

My first micro-story requires a Dreamreader.

Who's game?

Donne is a powerful psychometrist. Whilst certainly not able to read your dreams, she can utilise echoes of the force to revisit and relive moments of your past. Perhaps it can be utilised for visions and dreams? Not sure if this is helpful but maybe she might!

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Hmm this sounds like an interesting idea and could be fun to try out.

Matsu has learned from weavers so might be able to to something close enough. The AAtrisians have a dreamguard that might be able to do what you want

Oh! I do have a rather empathetic telepath of a weird religion who used to basically orginize armies, resulting in being somewhat restricted to the dark side due to the emotions. Doing some level of dream stuff would actually be rather fitting for her. Though I don't know for sure what 'dream-reading' is specifically.

I also don't know how big a wall of text would be considered. Character is Fe Tserim

This sounds like a great idea! So many threads get abandoned because the fluff is boring and it never makes it to the meat of the story.

Mind if I borrow the term “micro story”? I would totally like to implement this into my life.

I don’t have a dream reading character but I will keep an eye on your future ideas.

Donne is a powerful psychometrist. Whilst certainly not able to read your dreams, she can utilise echoes of the force to revisit and relive moments of your past. Perhaps it can be utilised for visions and dreams? Not sure if this is helpful but maybe she might!

A psychometrist actually would work very well for the first chapter. I'll get a thread started shortly.

This sounds like a great idea! So many threads get abandoned because the fluff is boring and it never makes it to the meat of the story.

Mind if I borrow the term “micro story”? I would totally like to implement this into my life.

I don’t have a dream reading character but I will keep an eye on your future ideas.

Absolutely. I've only been paying attention to things for a few weeks now and it has become abundantly clear to me that there is a severe lack of brevity on the forum at large.

I love this idea. I could potentially help with the dream-reading through spooky mentalism, but I would be up for coming stories as well.

Totally down for some spooky mentalism. I'll write you in for the second chapter.

One episode of Sandman huh?

Coincidence. Had this arc in my mind before I started watching.

Thank you everyone who has shared interest in taking part. I do plan for there to be many chapters and I'd like to write with someone new in each one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom