OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create an advanced Anti-Personnel grenade.
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Dynetech Industries
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: MH-I
- Modularity: No
- Material: Plasteel, Repulsorlift Technology, Durasteel Shrapnel, Thermal lining, Energy Cell
- IFF Bio-Scanner: Each grenade that is produced is outfitted with a biological scanner. This scanner is capable of scanning up to a one-hundred and fifty meter radius and can identify most biological signatures. To protect the person who deploys the grenade, the scanner is also equipped with Identify Friend/Foe programming. This IFF system can be programed to a certain frequency, allowing friendly units to remain invisible to the Bio-Scanner.
- Repulsors: After primining and deploying this grenade, it activates the built in repulsorlift that allows it to fly towards it's target. Once a proper target is marked via the bio-scanner the grenade will begin a slow hover over to the target's location.
- Blast Radius: This grenade is rather large, and because of that it has a considerably large blast radius. The maximum casualty range is ten meters, however the grenade's fatality rating is it's highest when the target is within five meters.
- Seeker: The grenade's primary function is the extermination of life. To better help this, the grenade is equipped with repulsorlift and bio-scanning technology so that it can track it's target and close the distance to better ensure a fatal result.
- Floating Target: Though the grenade is capable of negotiating cluttered terrain, it has no ability to dodge or prevent it's detonation. The grenade floats at a slow, steady, pace making it an open target for an enemy marksman.
- Height and Weight: This grenade weighs well over 5 lbs and is roughly the size of a small bowling ball. Because of that it is difficult to utilize and deploy in combat, and can be a target for stray blaster fire.
The ManHunter Mark I grenade is the first series of anti-personnel tracking grenades. It actually functions more like a homing mine, however it's programming is far more simple than the former. The grenade is designed to work in theatres of war with difficult terrain, or to effectively dispose of entrenched enemies. The soldier utilizing it will manually deploy the device by either throwing or rolling it towards their enemies last known position. Before manually deploying the grenade they will activate the it's detonation sequence. After priming the detonation sequence there will be fifteen seconds before detonation, however if the bio-scanner reads the target is less than 10 Meters away it will automatically detonate. Though the field tests for this weapon were successful, there were several drawbacks in the weapon's design. Chief among them is the grenade cannot differentiate an enemy combative from a civilian or semi-sentient animal. Because of that, the grenade can become "distracted" if another biological lifeform comes within it's scanners radius. If this happens, there could be critical casualties to civilians or the grenade could detonate prematurely. Another drawback was that this grenade could not deactivate it's detonation sequence, making the result of mishaps that much worse.