Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memories of The Past. River of Time.

OOC:

This thread is open to anyone who has either met Chiara previously or knows [member="Manu Xextos"] or [member="Ahani Najwa"].

Personal Dev. PM for additional info.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashes of light.

Blood...battle.

A woman arrives, someone well known. Traitorous witch.

Then a little girl. Red hair.

Trembling.

Both hands cover her mouth. She is hidden, but soon found, and guided away towards a dirty holding cell.

Flashes of light

A cold place.

Dark. Snowy.

A ship arrives, shoving a child out into the night.

That little girl again.

No more than five years old.

A familiar face...younger...afraid…alone…Chiara?

Flashes of light

A voice calls.

Wake up!

Viren…Xextos! Words and images blur together.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Xander was there. Something told him he needed to be in the particular facility, at this particular time. There were guards naturally, but Xander was a killer now. He cared little about playing the manipulative game unless there was need to. The guards fell at his will, clutching their throats as if he had crushed their windpipes. He pressed on, deeper into the facility. Something reminded him of so long ago which seemed to him like only a few days.

The room was empty. A center chamber set alone in the middle of the room. Xander approached slowly. He could feel the sensation of the force tingle within him. The dark side twinged within him pulling him closer. His hands set atop the chamber. The right hand sweat across the top. Xander took two steps back in shock. The cryo chamber, the cloning chamber, whatever it was, he knew the face.

Her.

Frantically Xander opened the unit. He removed his jacket to cover her naked form. He needed her. Eight hindered years without as much as a familiar face, and it was now possible she was alive. He didn't care she had been a Jedi. He didn't care she had supposedly died. Xander had too. Had the force brought them together. The dark side kept him alive for this, he knew it. Boarding his ship and leaving the facility, Xander took her the only place he knew. They were headed to his family estate on Ec Pand.

Xander laid her in the guest quarters, on the bed. He placed her under the covers to keep her details covered. For a man who was not a gentleman, he treated her as if he were.

[member="Chiara Viren"]

ONE WEEK LATER

Violet eyes flew open, mouth parted slightly and a sharp intake of breath filled her lungs and chest. Long and slender fingers curled into the sheets, white knuckling the fabric until the painful spasm passed and she sunk deep into the mattress. A shudder rippled through her, and tongue whipped out to wetten her lips, closing her eyes. She tasted the air and felt her disquieted spirit fall with the tide of emotions that rapidly filled her heart and mind. A vision of Ressa came suddenly behind closed eyes, crumpled in a lifeless heap on the floor, her spirit already departed to the living Force. A very recent and deep wound in her memory.

No words could do justice to the gut-wrenching sadness. Her face was a mask of pains, emotion flaring and shuddering inside. Chiara could not open her eyes for the tears welling there, which she could not, would not, release. She hadn't allowed herself to cry then, but instead yelled until her voice had grown hoarse. Now that she was completely alone, what could she do but let out that pain?

Alone...No...not alone. [member="Ilias Nytrau"] was just a room away.

In order to separate the two girls, they had needed the Knight, someone to guide them through the soul transfer. Ressa's passing came unexpectedly, and the senseless death still rattled Chiara. Now, the defeated young woman needed peace and love for healing. Something the Knight had supplied generously. Slowly, her head descended downward, and finally a few warm droplets slipped off her pale cheeks.

It finally came to her, this state of grieving as her mind flashed through all that had happened to her during those years where the two souls had shared a singular body. The tempest within her began to slow, allowing herself to really feel all of it, so she could consequently let it go.

[member="Xander Blackmoore"]

One week had passed, one very long week. Xander had not left his estate. The young brunette that had pledged her service to him was tasked with the redhead's primary care. The noble king had ensured to have a dress on display for the woman when she woke. Knowing her lineage, and her rightful place in this galaxy, it was fitting to ensure something was arrayed for her that fit her station. Xander was a rightful King, and Chiara, a rightful Queen. The Sith still refused to think finding her had been simply happenstance or chance. The dark side had led him to her. At least there would be a familiar face to greet her and explain the timeline was not what she remembered.

Xander sat at the table in his dining room. It was breakfast, and every morning he had the kitchen prepare enough food for him and their guest in hopes she would wake soon. This was different than his stasis. He had come to rather quickly from how it had been recounted to him. The Sith sat at the head of the table as he fancied to eat his meal. The breakfast meats were cooked to perfection, the fruits which were laid out fresh, eggs, potatoes, all of the food fresh and cooked to perfection. This would be a breakfast for anyone to wake to, all of it for her.

There was a sudden power she held over him. His fascination with her before had been two fold. First he wanted her to claim her rightful throne, and second he knew she had it in her to embrace the dark side. While those facts still existed, Xander needed her. He needed the connection to the world he had lost. Suddenly the man who was stronger than the woman suddenly was not. A weakness had been found in discovering the long since lost Jedi, and Xander both liked, and hated it. He hoped she would wake soon so this could be resolved.

[member="Chiara Viren"]

"Lady Chiara.."

The voice broke the constant internal cycle of Chiara's mourning, the honorific catching her attention and diverting the flow towards a mostly uninterested sense of curiosity. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there before. Does Ilias need something?" Chiara asked cooly, trying to keep her tongue from pouring with the weight that had stolen her joviality, weight that felt like twice the planetary-norm. She pulled the sheets around her body, huddled in the middle of the bed, wearing nothing but slim clothing. How long had she isolated herself? Alone for weeks. This hermit state brought on by the negative emotions that she was struck by after the passing of Ressa, which continued to pull inwardly at her.

"Your presence is requested for breakfast, my Lady." the young woman's face was full of confusion at the mention of Ilias' name, giving Chiara actual cause to stop and pause, grounding her to the 'now' while she silently inspected the wisp of a girl. Even to the untrained eye, she didn't hold any of the gracefulness of a Jedi, and to her knowledge, Ilias didn't have servants. "Why do you call me that? I'm nothing but a fellow Jedi. Chiara will do, and only Chiara." she grabbed the hair stuck to her cheeks and used quick fingers to brush off the moisture around her eyes.

The young maid gave her a strange sideways look and curtsied low, "I never meant to offend...La-... Chiara. Please, dress and come downstairs as my Master has requested."

"And who is your Master?" she demanded, a tinge of vexation sharpening the edge of her normally gentle voice. Chiara was starting to understand that she was no longer in the presence of Ilias, that something had happened.

.. But the answer that was given, wasn't one she had expected to hear.

Xander Blackmoore.

The Monarch could almost feel the wind leave the redheaded queen as the sound waves which carried his name beat against her eardrums. This caused the Sith to smile in a way he had not in a long time. Surely Chiara would remember the name, if she was truly Chiara. A test, perhaps, but in truth even if she was not, she looked like her, she felt like her in the force, and Xander knew that even if just a clone, he could use her for the designs which were forming in his mind.

He was cracking the top of a hard boiled egg when Chiara entered the room. She had refused the dress. How very like her. Xander smirked o find she had taken one of his tunics and pulled it over her head. Did she even realize what that image might give to the servants? Blue eyes were fixed on her as if he was staring at a ghost. He was. The fact she had been dead, and now 800 plus years later she lived, it was fate. It was the force.

Quietly rising from his seat, Xander moved to pull a chair out for the noble woman. His smile was sincere and genuine. For once his motives were not impure, though Xander had always seen Chiara as a rare beauty. His masculine mind did think what was only natural for it to think. It would be a lie to say he had not desired her, or that he did not desire her now. Such was the way of things. For now, Xander simply needed the sense of normalcy her presence could bring, and the spite she showed him already had been more of a medicine than anything else had been since he woke himself.

"You look resplendent in that tunic of mine, my lady," Xander said as she was seated. "Though I am certain there will be servants who gather the wrong impression from it. The dress would have avoided such unwholesome assumptions."

Xander returned to his seat and motioned for the servant tasked with Chiara's care to find her something to drink. His curiosity could no longer be contained, and the one question he wanted to ask escaped his lips.

"I had thought you dead these past 800 years... how are you not?"

[member="Chiara Viren"]

"Just Chiara..." she repeated uncomfortably, taking a seat across from Xander. The table was heaped with fruits, breads, and several large round things on platters with wedges cut out of them. A hand touched her stomach as it started to growl, but she didn't give in to the hunger that gnawed at her with a vengeance. Xander carried on with breakfast regardless, ordering her a drink while both complimenting her on the choice of outfit and warning her.

"Wrong impression? " Chiara's brows creased together and she frowned, chin tilting to glance down at the frumpy ensemble hanging from her slim form. The shirt needed to be tied to fit, and the pant hem was rolled at least three times to keep the bottom from dragging. Oddly, though, she preferred this. "... The dress looked... confining...and flashy." Chiara said, biting back her annoyance.

"I had thought you dead these past 800 years... how are you not?"

At that, the redheaded woman forgot all about her gossipy outfit and looked him directly in the eyes, her expression changing from vexation, to puzzlement and confusion. "What?"

Xander realized everything in a moment. She had not a clue 800 years had past. The look of bewilderment on her face said it all, it was likely the same look he had the moment he discovered the truth. At least for her sake, she had a friend to help her through it, though Xander was certain she did not consider him a friend. In an instant the conversation shifted, and whatever flirtatious banter Xander would have thrown at the princess to see her flustered or, even better, give in to him. Instead his look and words were something she had not seen from him before, sympathetic.

"I'm sorry. Had I known you were not aware, I would not have broken it to you so flippantly. It has indeed been 800 years, on this matter I am not jesting. I will admit some selfishness on my part at finding you. When I did see you I craved the presence of someone from my past. There are plenty of people, but being so far removed from our time has left me lonely in ways no one can understand."

Xander set his hands on the table after wiping them with the cloth napkin from his lap. His blue eyes focused on Chiara for a moment. She looked just as he remembered, every bit of her. How had she not aged, when he knew he felt her death in the force. Despite their opposite alignment there had been a bond he had never understood. He was curious if she had felt it as well.

"I felt your death in the force, and yet here you are. What is the last thing you rememeber. I will share my tale as well if you wish it."

[member="Chiara Viren"]

Chiara became much more focused and intense, with an undercurrent of unease driving her heart to a rapid thump. She felt Xander's presence, searching for the deception that his words smoothly covered. "I don't know how you're doing it, but I know you're lying. I-" Chiara took an audible breath and pushed from her seat, rubbing the back of her neck and pacing. Chiara didn't know what Xander had up his sleeve, and couldn't anticipate it, not with a flood of questions clouding her mind.

He was Sith. Sith lie.

What is the last thing you remember? she heard him say, and snapped her out of the spiral. Chiara looked at Xander, her expression dispirited, and walked slowly to the open window. Outside she could see trees, very green grass, water, and a small shore, but despite all the beauty before her, Chiara didn't feel peace. Her hands gripped the stone windowsill and leaned out, letting the soft air stir her hair. "Sacrifice." she answered after a long silence, a stray tear streaking down her cheek. With the back of her hand, she wiped it away. "A dear friend of mine died, and it was my fault."

Xander simply watched from his seat as he finished his meal. The monarch have her the time she needed to process. He had just been called a liar, an accusation which would usually she the accuser writhing on the ground in pain by now, but Xander's temperament had always been disarmed by the alluring princess. Kazrah had provoked him. Danger had let him be, but Chiara had always disarmed the coldness of his heart. She had power over him, something he fought to conceal from her.

"I had been seeking an artifact," he said pushing up from his chair to join her. His hand rested gently on her shoulder in a comforting gesture. "Then suddenly I was being wakened by the presence of a Van-Derveld who knew nothing of the fear that name inspired. You may consider me a liar if you wish, but I would never lie about this."

He looked out the window as the natural smell of the woman wafted to his nostrils, carried by the breeze which played at her ginger locks. The princess would need to accept the truth, but she couldn't be expected to do so right away. Xander could only help her adjust for now. Whatever she had thought she was waking to, it certainly was not this. None the things she remembered were available to her. In an ironic twist of fate, she needed him.

Xander motuoned out the window to the lake shore seen from the dining hall. If she wished they could go. The sun would be good for her, and the fresh air would clear her mind.

"Would you like to take a walk? You have questions I'm sure. If the dress I picked out for you is not suitable, I am certain we can find something which would be comfortable, and fit you better than my tunic."

Xander motuoned for the door.

"I can have a light breakfast packed for you..."

[member="Chiara Viren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom