Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meeting the Dragon (Josh/Kat)

It had taken a while for Kat to get her mother and sister settled back into a home and able to adjust from the events of the Mandalorian Empire taking control over Eshan. She had a lot on her plate as well, with her brothers still missing and Rose's husband missing as well. On top of that her sister due any day meant that her mother was more franatic than ever. However, these were all excuses to avoid the big bantha in her head, getting back into Jedi training. The feelings of not being able to protect her family and her weak connection to the Force, it had only reinforced that she should get back into things.

Having been away for so long, Kat felt that she needed to find a new Master, as much as she like Willa. It would only make things more awkward every time she saw the Jedi Master, reminded of how she abandoned her Master because she was scared of the responsibilities of being a Jedi. Kat sat on a chair and looked around, it was weird being back in the Temple, she never felt like a Jedi. She hated the robes, they were baggy and unappealing, while she didn't have the style of her sister, she knew the robes were not a good style.

Wearing her tracksuit bottoms and a slightly greasy white top, with her hair in a ponytail. Kat wondered who her new Jedi Master would be.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Josh knew of Kat. The Echani woman had been under Master Willa and Josh had not been aware that they had come apart at the seams. Not knowing the context, all he knew was that he had been asked by the Assembly to take her in as her new Master, hoping that a woman who was apparently difficult and had abandoned her duties at some point, he might be able to bring some sense to as he had done this sort of thing before. Regardless of the reasons, Josh was glad to be able to try and help.

So it was with that, that the Master of the Order made his stride into the training room that this new Padawan was waiting. As he arrived, he would greet her with a gentle bow.

"We haven't had a chance to be properly introduced" He spoke softly as he held out a hand. "I'm Master DragonsFlame. I guess I'll be teaching you from here on."

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat nodded with a half smile on her lips as she took the Master of Order's hand in a firm grip. Shaking it she studied him, she had seen him at an event on Eshan. It was clear that he was part-Echani, she was interested to learn how much of her culture he knew. Releasing his hand, she stood straight and gazed at him. "So you a strict Master, up first crack of dawn. Training, fighting, study hard all the time? Or we gunna have more relaxed sessions?" Kat asked, she remembered that Asaraa mentioned a Master who was ridiculous strict but wasn't sure who that was.

"I'm eager to learn about the Force, I guess... It's hard, I know I need to become a Jedi but I don't know the Jedi I want to be. I just know I have these powers and I want to help people." Kat stated honestly, it was a reason things with Master Willa didn't work. Kat didn't feel like she could open up about her uncertainties. "I don't have a Lightsaber yet either and can only do some of the more basic things in the Force."

Josh shrugged his shoulders when Kat would explain her issues to an extent and why things didn't work out last time. "Don't worry about it. Just wanting to do something good with your abilities is enough, really" He would promise. "The specifics will come with time. As you train, as you go on missions, you'll find where your specialties lie. Trying to force yourself into something isn't going to work. It has to be something you come to find on your own as you go, then you apply it. I probably won't encourage the choice until later in your training.

As for what kind of teacher I'll be..." He trailed off. "I'll be what's necessary, let's leave it at that. Strict, laid back... Whatever seems like the best way to go at the time."

With that out of the way, he figured it'd be best to get into a bit more testing.

"Care to give me a demonstration of your present capabilities? Just a short demo of your abilities and what you know of the forms. It will give me a better idea of what you should be working on."

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat nodded as she listened to Master Dragonsflame on what he knew. "Well, it's just so different from what I am normally. I am forward thinking, know where I want to go and what I want to be but with this Force stuff it is just so much murkier and difficult to comprehend." Kat sighed as she felt like she was lost with trying to figure out the Jedi she wanted to be, her friends were moving forward with their lives, Asaraa dating a prince and becoming a Jedi Knight, Beth finding her place as a Force User in the Mandalorian Empire and other things. It was hard not to feel left hanging and not sure where to go.

Looking around, Kat tried to get a feel of the place and the objects that could be around. "Master Isard taught me how to sense animals around me, how to control the Force at will and use telekinetic powers. Before that I was just using the Force without thinking as I did things with tech." Kat explained as she reached out with the Force and focused her mind. Thinking on the recent project she was working on, her mind pictured the steps that she took till her mind was clearer and she could feel the Force around her. Connecting with the Force, Kat lifted a couple of the objects around the room.

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Josh would scratch his beard as he listened to what Kat had to say on the matters presented. It seemed she was just having a hard time finding her place, as it was. But that was just a guess on his end. As she made her demonstration, she seemed to have some mental ability, at least. She could use the Force to levitate objects, which was a good start. He was curious about how long she’d been training before she separated from her Master. It would be a good indicator of where to go from instead of starting with the bare basics. He supposed he would just have to keep questioning her, and then it would be his job to fill in the blanks as they went.

“Hmm... Alright. A few more questions, if I may. First of all, what lightsaber forms do you have knowledge of, if any? Do you already own a lightsaber of your own?” He would ask. “I’ll likely start at where you’re lacking and we will work our way up from there. Will that be amenable to you?”

Kat placed the object back down. Her telekinetic powers had gotten significantly better since her first try but she was still struggling to figure out how to feel the Force constantly, as soon as she wasn't focused on it, the Force seemed to just disappear on her. It was frustrating but she was still very early in her training for the most part, she spent a few weeks as Master Isard's Padawan before she left for Eshan. Hoping that Eshan would provide her with the answers she wanted and to try and avoid the looming responsibilities of becoming a Jedi. She knew that there was a lot of expectation and high levels of standard for Jedi. It had all scared her. But since she's returned, seeing Mandalorians taking Eshan from her people, she knew that had to figure out a way to be a Jedi, not content with just being on the sidelines anymore.

"I've been reading up on Ataru, it is similar to Echani hand to hand combat and I think with my legs and the style of fighter I am, it is the best one suited to me. I am skilled in several tiers of Echani combat and likely handle a duel against a few Knights around here." Kat wasn't one for not believing in her combat skills, she earned her skills, working through her difficulties with learning when she was a child to becoming the capable fighter she was now, she was proud of it. "I don't own a Lightsaber, I use my father's Force Staff that I inherited. It does the job, not lethal either so don't have to kill anyone." Kat wasn't really one for killing others, not even Sith or Mandalorians. She rather talk them down or disable them enough that they surrendered. Death was only possible if there was no other way, and in her mind, there was always another way.

"I don't have much experience with the Force, lifting rocks and such is basically all I can do." Kat stated.

"Relax" He would advise first up. The frustration radiated from her, as did all emotions when brought into contact with the Force. He understood it, and wished to help her control said emotions. Not to suppress them, but to have better control of herself... And know when to channel what. Not for the sake of power... That was a Sith mantra. But for the sake of mastery of one's self... For that was quite possibly the most powerful tool of all. "Learn to relax your senses, and keep yourself calm. It will all come to you from there. Over time. With patience. And of course hard work."

He would listen to her briefing on her capabilities. "Hand to hand Echani combat, no lightsaber, Force Staff, Ataru..." He would mumble as he repeated back her briefing in short.

"I see. I think I have at least a short idea of what you're capable of. Why don't I run you through some drills and see if I can't teach you a few things?" He would inquire. "We'll start with the basics. I know you can do basic telekinesis, which is good, but there's more to it than that. And is there anything in particular you'd like to request before we begin?"

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Nodding her head, Kat listened to what Josh had to say about her feelings of frustration. It was just frustration with her lack of progress but she also had to recognise that it was her own fault for not progressing when she ran away. "I understand that I mustn't give into frustrations Master, I just want to be the best I can be and I feel so powerless compared to others with so much more power." Kat explained her frustrations and looked at the ground, slightly embarrassed that her emotions were so easy to read without having a fight. She heard him mumble about the things that she had and did not have. Her lack of a Lightsaber was mostly her own choice, she could have gotten one but wasn't ready to leave her father's staff behind, not yet. Not yet.

Crossing her arms as Kat nodded his head slowly, "I understand Master, what drills do you have in mind for me?" Kat asked curiously, she wasn't sure what he meant by there was more to telekinesis. It would be interesting to see what he would have to say. Kat shook her head, there was little that she could think of asking him.

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"]

He smiled softly, then. "All you can do is work on it. No reason to get frustrated. You got time" He promised. "Take things at your own pace now, and you'll be better for it later. Takes some more time than others, and sometimes the ones that take a little more time, they wind up a little better. Maybe a little worse, who knows? But it's not worth stressing over. Put in the work, put in the grind... You'll get there eventually. That's what matters."

With that, he would begin to set up the holographic exercise programs at the terminal nearby. Large boxes would appear in the room, and Josh would immediately turn and hold out his hand, focusing as a force of energy would send the boxes flying across the room and into the wall, disappearing on impact before re-appearing in the centre of the room. Dusting the arm on his robes, he shot her a grin.

"Let's start with the basics, aye? Force Push. Focusing the Force into a pressuring... Well, Force of energy that's harmless, but can send things and people flying. Quick and decisive. Wasn't sure if this was part of your telekinesis training, so thought I'd run down the basics with you, starting with this.

Whenever you're ready, let's begin."

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat shook her head firmly, time was not something that they had, at least not as much as Josh seemed to hint at. "No, the Sith are growing in strength, the Mandalorians are always ready to jump into war with us. I'm not ready to fight powerful opponents and the Mandalorians have already killed half my family and destroyed my home world." Kat stated in a cool tone, the pain of her loss was still clung tight onto her. Inhaling deeply as she watched Josh used the Force to blast boxes away from their position for them return to their original position. Kat looked over to Josh and shrugged, she had learnt Force Push beforehand but giving it another practice wouldn't do any harm to her.

Clenching her fist, Kat studied her fist closely and pictured mentally the building of Force in her hand. When her fist started to shake slightly with the full energy of Force that she could draw upon. Slamming the Force down, Kat sent a small shockwave that disrupted boxes and sent them slightly astray but nothing like Josh had done. She looked over to Josh and shrugged. "Well, it was something but I know I can do better... I need to do better." Kat mumbled the last bit to herself as she sighed heavily.

"And you will die soon after jumping onto the field if you rush" Josh would respond, calmly yet firmly. "The Sith are not something you can underestimate, nor something you can just rush into. To not use your time wisely, to rush through instead of being the best Jedi that you can be... Well, you're no use to anyone if you're dead" He would point out. "You will do more good in the long-term when you are the best version of yourself, Kat. I want you to understand that. That is what I am hoping to help you reach. But you need to be patient, you need to understand that this takes time... Especially for people who need a little more. Sometimes the ones who need it a little more pick it up the best when they do get it, you know what I mean? So try not to fret about it too much."

That was what he meant by time. She had the time she needed, and she needed to use it right. Even if she couldn't get onto the field and fight the Sith right away... It meant she would be able to save many more than she could now. But he understood her reasons. She had clearly lost so much, and his tone indicated he understood that and sympathized with her. It was his desire to ensure she lived to save more, that prompted the lecture.

She would follow his instructions and while it was clear she knew Force Push, she was still working on the efficiency. Nodding his head, he placed a hand on her shoulder before he re-aligned the boxes again with telekinesis. "Again" He would instruct, motioning toward them. "And again and again until you are satisfied. Do not fret about time nor how you do now. Take a deep breath, relax... And keep at it."

Josh was doing his best to optimize his training program as he learned more about Kat. He hoped he would be able to be more efficient as this went on.

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat growled deeply, she was not some child with no training in how to defend herself. She could go fight the Sith right now if she wanted, in fact she had in the past. "Clearly you know nothing of Echani culture. If I could not defend myself against opponents from a young age, I would have been a poor Echani. I might have started a bit later than most children because of my legs but I can beat most of the Padawans and younger Knights in combat already!" It was Kat boasting or bragging, but a cold tone that informed Josh she was not a weak child that needed to be protected. "I was a Ranger before I was a Padawan, I could disassemble and reassemble a rifle faster than most men twice my age." Kat stared at Josh with defiance burning in her eyes.

"Try not to fret?! Were you on Eshan when the Mandalorians decided to raze the planet, or when the Confederacy came in and force the Mandalorian Empire to bombard the city more and release giant monster worms?! No, you were here, living comfortable! My people died and I couldn't protect them! My brothers died and I couldn't be there to help them fight, my sister's husband died and now her daughter doesn't have a father because I couldn't use my powers!" Kat found herself shouting in frustration. "You don't understand, I need to be stronger and I need to get there faster, I can't just stand around waiting for the day to come because more people could die."

Glaring at the boxes as Josh rearranged them back. Kat blasted another Force Push at them, using her frustrations and emotions to make the push more intense. Breathing heavily, she glared back at Josh, "this isn't going to help me. I need to learn to fight people, defend others. I can't let others lose siblings and loved ones like I have." Kat sighed.

He had sought to encourage her, but it seemed she had taken it as an insult. He stood there and calmly took it as the young Padawan railed on him. Once she finished, he took a deep breath before he would speak. He kept calm, didn't raise his voice, merely corrected her in a soft yet firm tone. "I am not here to train you in how to defend yourself" He would point out. "You can do so already. I am not here to teach you to just fight common criminals. I am here to teach you how to fight Sith. Sith that will be a problem even for your Masters. Most importantly... I am here to teach you to survive when you go into battle against them. Not just to go in, hold your own and then die... But to be successful. That is not something you can rush, no matter how capable you are or how many encounters with them you scraped by, by the skin of your teeth. I apologize if you took it as my implying you were not capable... But even I will need to continue to grow stronger as the Sith do. That is something we all need to do, not just you. To grow complacent is to die in this everlasting war with the Sith. And I have no interest in sending my students to slaughter."

He eyed her handiwork a moment before putting them back together. "Emotions fine to tap into, but nix frustration. Frustrated opponent is the easiest to catch off balance" He pointed out. "And you're an Echani. Frustration impedes focus. Doesn't compliment your style well. Leave it to the hulking brutes."

He could give the whole "It's not the Jedi Way" lecture but Josh was a practical man. No riddles, he would tell her exactly what was wrong with it and why it would get her killed.

As he would begin re-assembling, he continued on. "I suppose you're right though. People died at Eshan while I was here comfortably... As comfortable as wearing a shoulder sling can get anyway" He remarked. "Turns out sacrificing your arm so your partner doesn't get sucked into a black hole, so you can escape a doomed planet is probably gonna dislocate just about everything on your wing. Who knew?"

After the lighthearted bit of sarcasm though, he decided it was best to try and reset a bit. Taking a deep breath as he finished re-assembling the boxes, he turned back to her.

"But if you feel I know nothing about Echani culture... Well, after this, would you perhaps be inclined to educate me?" He would inquire, smiling in turn. "I would love to have someone to help teach me more about where I came from, after all."

[member="Kat Decoria"]

The calm response annoyed Kat more. How could he remain calm when she hurled insults and all but gave him a reason to be angry. If someone spoken to her like that, she would have hit them. Pausing, Kat realised that she crossed the line, this man was her teacher and she was so lost in her emotions and grief that she ignored that fact. There was a slight pinkish tinge to her cheeks as she realised her mistakes. "I am sorry Master Dragonsflame. I overstepped my place, I know Sith are not common thugs and opponents but Echani have fought them in the past without the Force and sometimes survived." Even as she said sometimes, she knew the cases were not as common as the number that died to Sith, well-trained Sith as well.

Breathing out slowly, she looked at him then at the boxes once again. "I know frustration but hinder focus, if you allow it, but anger can give focus and edge to a person. At least when fighting, displaying all your emotions and leaving nothing guarded. That is the most pure and loving two Echani can do when duelling." Kat stated, giving the half-Echani some insight into the culture he seemingly knew nothing about. "My sister duelled many men before she bonded with her husband, there was a connection no other had shared with her. My brothers were the same, they showed all their emotions when duelling. Perhaps why I find it harder to fall in love." Kat was reserved when it came to strangers, often rude. But she couldn't help it, she didn't like strangers.

"And what about when boredom becomes my main emotion." Kat spoke in a sharp comment, not trying to be insulting but an attempt at her being witty in return. Helped that pushing boxes was not an exciting task. When Josh mentioned that his arm was dislocated hence his lack of presence on Eshan, Kat mumbled to herself, "nothing would have stopped me getting to Eshan." However, she had to remind herself that she was born on Eshan, raised there most of her life, it was different for the half-Echani, Josh was never raised on Eshan. She doubted he had been there as much as she had been and he was nearly twice her age.

Kat looked up at him and shrugged. "Sure, I could teach you more. My sister might be better at it though, she tends to like talking to others." Kat missed Shorty, her robot.

"Sometimes" He pointed out the word, with a small smile. He nodded his head to accept her apology, understanding she was going through a lot. But there was a lesson to be taught here. "Sometimes survive is the key words here... How about every time? Because that's what I want you to learn how to do, understand?" He asked. "You could rush in and kill a hundred Sith relying on pure adrenaline and emotions and die a martyr... But why do that when you can kill a thousand over time? For every Sith you kill, another will be indoctrinated in their place. Kill a hundred now... They will be replaced. But continue to cut them down... Continue to play a part in their losses... And the Sith ideology won't look so flattering to newbies. Long game. Big picture. It's how the Jedi beat in the Sith in the oldest days... How the Sith beat the Jedi in the less old days... And vice versa again and again as the eras go on. Playing the long game is always the way to go here."

He let her give her lecture on frustration. He listened carefully, noting the comparison to the Echani ways. "What is frustration?" He asked, rhetorically. "It is to grow impatient, disdained with something. Where is focus in impatience? Impatience gives way to haste, and haste gives way to that very knock-off balance that I was talking about. In a duel between Echani, showing one's emotions is common yes, because you are not trying to kill each other... You are bearing yourself to the other" He commented. He did know some things about Echani culture, after all. Not a terrible lot, but some. "I sparred the same with my first wife. I felt that connection, bore myself to her. But the difference is... I never would to a foe. To keep calm is to keep control of yourself and the situation. To surrender that calm is to be at the mercy of your opponent. A mercy you can afford in love... But not mercy you can afford in war."

He heard her mumbling about the topic of Eshan and he could imagine what it was about. The tone indicated she didn't think that was enough, for one reason or another. But the fact was... It was just as he had told her before. What use would he have been on Eshan, badly wounded and with one arm? And if he impeded his recovery... He'd be useless for even longer. He did what he had to do in order to get back on the field as soon as possible. Even if he hated it. Long game dictates once again.

But he smiled in thanks when she would indicate she was open to further teaching him about the Echani. "I'd appreciate that."

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat listened to what Josh had to say, she shrugged. "Why not have non-Force users kill a hundred Sith, if we have a sizeable army, skilled in fighting with no connection to the Force killing hundreds of Sith each. That would demoralise the Sith, show them that the Dark Side isn't offering strength that they claim it is because anyone can kill a Sith and kill many Sith in a battle." Kat countered, she knew that it was better to fight Sith as a Jedi, but she was curious why that wasn't an option if Josh thought a non-Force User could kill a hundred Sith. "Can't train me to never lose. Eventually I will, there is always someone faster, stronger and smarter. Someone will kill you, me and everyone some day. Even if it takes decades upon decades, likelihood is that we will fall in battle. Way most Jedi have died." Kat commented, "way most people die nowadays, fighting." She said in a more sombre tone.

"Impatience can lead to figuring out a new way. When you fight someone evenly matched, blocking your attacks and not giving an inch, wouldn't that frustrate you, wouldn't you use that frustration to find a new angle, new direction to go? Frustration is only bad because you think it leads to anger and hatred but frustration can give a person as much focus as it could cost them. Just learning how to use it correctly." Kat shrugged, she often became frustrated with her brothers beating her in duels and invented new ways to use moves to try countering them, most of the time it didn't work as they were still significantly better trained than she was, however they did admire her attempts for it. Respect was sometimes better than winning.

Kat shook her head. "That is when you are courting someone. Emotions can be read in any duel, even ones fighting for your life. Just not as much is being said in those type of conversations, but fighting is our way of talking. Try to remember that, most people think it is only in friendly duels that Echani display emotions, but we can be fighting to the death and still talking with our bodies, it is a common misperception." Kat corrected his take on Echani ways, there was a coolness in her tone, she didn't like the fact that he claimed to be part-Echani but knew so little. Ignorance was terrible in her mind, Echani way of life was about history, understanding and fighting, all three crucial and interlinked.

Kat shrugged. "Not bearing yourself to your opponents, that is alien to me. How can you understand your opponent, figure out their weaknesses and strengths if you do not talk to them? Echani have won wars because we listen to what our opponents have to say." Kat pointed out, it was thousands of years ago but it was something taught to her. "It isn't a weakness to be open to all, it can be your greatest strength. Can be revealing about yourself and about your opponent, but perhaps your Mandalorian side prevents you from expressing yourself as such." There was a small annoyance in her eye, she had done some research on her new Master and knew he was part Mandalorian and the talk of mercy and such made it obvious which half he favoured more. She could still see Eshan burning as Mandalorians cheered in victory.

Perhaps teaching was pointless, perhaps he was too Mandalorian to understand something more refined.

"Because a non-Force User is more likely to die before he kills one, much less a hundred. That is literally part of our job description, to take down Sith so hundreds of non force users don't get mowed down by said Sith" Josh pointed out. He got she was a bit stand-offish after Eshan, but geez. Use some practicality here. He'd never said that a non force user could kill a hundred Sith, that feat was... Possible, but very rare. They would more likely lose a lot of soldiers trying. "I'm very much aware you'll probably fall eventually as will we all. But there is a stark difference between likely dying tomorrow and possibly dying in a decade" He responded, just continuing to take her remarks as they came and going from there.

"I say frustration is bad because it inhibits your focus and balance" Josh corrected, reminding her that he was speaking from a practical mindset instead of using Jedi philosophy. "It can lead to some unpredictable results at times, sure, but it is not something to rely on. It's a risk. Instead, focus on making it work on your own merits. Being able to calm your mind, use your head and find a solution on your own is faster in the long run anyway. With something like what you claim... You never know when or if you'll find something and you're risking yourself in the process. At least here, you have more control and without the drawbacks" He explained calmly. "It's all part of being the best version of yourself that you can be."

He listened carefully to her explanation of the Echani ways. He nodded his head, as if he was expecting this being proven wrong. "The person who taught me what little I know of the Echani ways when I sought knowledge after finding out... Was an idiot who bullchitted knowledge to try and get a shortcut to taking me to bed" He admitted bluntly.

He hid his annoyance when she talked about his "Mandalorian side". "I know as little about my "Mandalorian Side" as I do the Echani one, it seems" He spoke bluntly. "I was on the run too long to learn anything about either."

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Tilting her head, Kat paused for a moment as she thought that Josh was forgetting he was saying that non-Force Users could take down a hundred Sith. Thinking on it, she realised he said you, it took a lot longer for her to realise that the you was specific to her, not to the you in general that she took it as. Galactic Basic was so vague, she preferred Echani. Even their verbal language made more sense than Basic did at times. Stretching her arms, Kat looked around and listened to what Josh had to say, taking in more care of his words. "Or I might die tomorrow. They are out there, only getting stronger. What happens when they come for us, for worlds nearby that we could protect?! Want me to stay here and train? The fight is out there and people die when we fail to act." Kat breathed out hard, there was a lot unsaid in her words. She felt the burden of failing Eshan, but the anger towards their queen for failing it as well.

Kat shook her head. "To you it might inhibit your focus and balance but I have spent over a decade training to use my emotions. All of them, I don't mean to brag but I am not hindered by frustration like you might be. Echani combat is all about giving your all, revealing everything. Because once you can do that, then you can truly see what your opponent is saying in return. Secrets that they hide, revealing it on a level they don't realise they have. In combat, no one can remain calm. At least in my experience no one can, emotions flow freely in battle. It is not a risk when a fight is such a quick event that attempting to keep calm and think might lose you vital seconds, seconds that could decide life or death." Kat stated, she knew Josh was a skilled fighter but her way, the Echani way, he was where she was when she was five.

Smirking as Kat listened to what Josh had to say about his previous teacher in Echani way. "They say that after three duels, two people will know each other so well, on such intimate levels that love, passionate and other romantic emotions towards the two are hard to resist. If I were to teach you our ways, you have no worries in that regard. You aren't my type." Kat said in a blunt tone as she crossed her arms. "Anyway, I doubt you would be able to open yourself properly to perform the Echani combat correctly." Gazing around, Kat wasn't sure she was ready to combat another person, her teaching in Echani combat hadn't gone well in the past and she knew deep down she was hiding a lot. "Yet the way you speak, your attitude to your enemy. Speaks more Mandalorian than anything else. Perhaps you have been around too many Mandalorians, even as enemies they can affect the way you are, changing you to be more like them." It was like a virus, turning people into vicious, bloodthirsty warriors when all they wanted was to defend the people the Mandalorians were trying to harm.

"We have people out there fighting to protect, right now. They were trained right. They were trained fully. Could they die tomorrow? Sure. It's always a risk. But if they succeed, they will do it right... And with as few casualties as possible. You know how to defend yourself, sure. But you need to learn to use your abilities to the fullest so you can protect others, not just yourself. That is our job. Our job is to protect... And to protect, we need to be the best versions of ourselves so we may do it right. I train mine off... Every day. Every night. Every chance I get. Because what I have isn't enough. But if I did not have what I have now... I'd be dead. And more people would be dead because of my being dead, people I could have saved. Sure, I could be off on a mission right now, saving people that might be dead because I wasn't there... But there's no guarantee I would have been equipped to save them either. So if I'd have been there, without being able to... They'd be dead. I'd be dead. And then nobody would be safe.

Nobody wins. Except the Sith."

He took a deep breath. "I understand that you grieve for Eshan. I do, I really do. My hearts pains for that. I've visited Eshan only once, but I understand it was important to my mother... I wanted to visit again to honor her, to get to know the people, the customs, the culture, to take in its beauty and see what my mother saw, what my mother loved so much but was willing to give up to go and protect others... I can't do that anymore. And that pains me greatly.

But it won't do them or anyone else any good if you or I aren't able to protect them the way we need to be able to when it comes to the Sith. You are here because you need that training... And that is what I want to help you learn. Is it going to take time? Of course it is. Nothing worthwhile is easy or quick. But when we are through... You will be better equipped to ensure that Eshan doesn't happen again than you were when you arrived here."

He couldn't help but smile slightly at her next statement. "I may not approve of frustration, but where did I say not to use your emotions? To be calm, to know when to use your emotions, is part of controlling yourself... Controlling your body, your mind, your emotions... But not letting them rule you. Frustration in my view, there is little way to use it without it ruling you. The same goes for anger. But other emotions..."

He let out an exhale as he would hold a hand toward the wall. Tapping into feelings of passion and love for his family, for his job, deep-seated feelings for what he did and what meant the most to him... Sparks would begin to flow from his fingers before they would shoot out in a bolt of lightning toward the wall - Electric Judgement, otherwise known as Emerald Lightning.

"To be cold and calculated completely is the way of a dead order... But to let your emotions rule you is the way of the Sith. I teach a middle ground. To be in control of yourself... Is to be in control of the fight."

Kat talked about the Echani ways and said that as he wasn't her type, he had no worries about attachments should they spar, which shouldered an indifferent shrug from him. He didn't deny what she was saying, he didn't speak out impatiently, didn't refute... He just calmly decided that should they spar, he'd find out for himself.

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom